Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Cunomeel "The Space Sarlaac"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Cunomeel (Nicknamed 'space sarlaac')
Designation: Semi-sentient
Homeworld: Weyn I, and the Tashoony asteroid belt
Language: None
Average height of adults: 50 meters
Skin color: White
Hair color: None
Breathes: Types I, II, and III (as long as oxygen is present)

Strengths:
Hard carapce: Cunomeel have extremely hard shell-like carapaces, which help them to survive in deep space. These are practically immune to puncture, and highly resistant to laser fire. Turbolasers and the like can punch through them, but weaker laser weapons and personal weapons are practically useless. However, you could always fire into it's maw...

Huge lungs: A cunomeel can 'hold it's breath' for up to twenty-four standard hours.

Tentacles: Cunomeel have six extremely strong and fast tentacle tongues, used for pulling prey into it's mouth as well as ripping prey- and small ships- to pieces. However, the carapce on these tentacles is weaker, making them vunerable.

Digestion: " In it's belly you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you are slowly digested... over a thousand years." Oh, and they have the Sarlaac's knack for absorbing the memories of sentients they digest... that too.

Weaknesses:
Slow: Paddling through space with flippers isin't exactly fast.

Dislike of Ion Energy: For some reason, though it does not harm them, Ion Energy is a natural repellent to Cunomeel. Shoot it with an Ion canon, and it will probably go away. Probably.

Soft internal organs: Cunomeels internal organs are not protected by their carapce. Soft and squishy, they are.

Blind: Cunomeels are completely blind, and have no sense of hearing. If they don't touch you, or find you with their tentacles, they won't even know you're there. Avoid their tentacles!

Distinctions: Cunomeel appear very much like much smaller Sarlaacs in basic anatomy, but have several differences. The most notable of which is the barbed white carapace that cover their entire body, beaks, and tentacle-like tongues- which assists them in surviving in the vacuum of space. Unlike Sarlaacs, Cunomeel are mobile creatures- using the fin-like protrusions that most sarlaacs use to absorb nutrients from the ground to propell themselves forwards, much like a aquatic creature's flippers. With no eyes, Cunomeel rely on their six massive (thirty meter on average) tentacle-like tongues, which can both taste and feel to allow the creatures to find their way around. The Cunomeel, much like the sarlaac, also has a seventh beak-like tongue between the six tentacles, that is strong enough to crunch durasteel easily- as well as an eighth tongue within the seventh, which aids in swallowing. Four of the flipper-like protrusions around the base of the Cunomeel are extremely strong, and used for launching itself from low gravity atmospheres (such as Weyn I), back in to space. Though, these limbs are not strong enough to break the atmosphere from celestial bodies with more gravity- which, many think, is the reason Cunomeel are only found around Weyn I. The Cunomeel have six massive lungs as well as rows of holes around it's beak for breathing, in which it will inhale massive amounts of air and store it within it's lungs for up to twenty-four standard hours, before requiring to go back for air. Like the Sarlaac, the Cunomeel has multiple stomachs. However, unlike the Sarlaac, it also has multiple forms of stomach acid, stored in a few of the smaller stomachs of the creature. It has a very weak form of it's stomach acid, which mixed with it's blood can slowly digest an organic for many many years, while sustaining it with nutrients from the caustic blood- but it also has a much, much, stronger digestive acid, which can dissolve metals and stone to remove nutrients from the minerals.

Average Lifespan: 25,000 years (Give or take a few centuries)

Races: Cunomeel have no seperate races, but many scientists believe they are descended from Sarlaacs.
Estimated Population: Very, very, rare. There is less then a dozen of them, and only in the Tashoony asteroid belt within 24 hours travel of Weyn I.
Diet: Omnivorious, they are able to extract nutrients from organics, minerals, and even metals.
Communication: Unlike Sarlaacs, Cunomeel are mute.

Culture: As they are not sentient beings, Cunomeel have no 'culture'.

Technology level: Cunomeel do not use tools.

General behavior: Cunomeel life cycles are extremely odd, compared to most species. Cunomeel spores as projected from the mouth of a Cunomeel every thousand years, which seek out an atmosphere with extremely low gravity, but sufficient traces of oxygen. Since that is a rare combination, spores that do not find their way to Weyn I almost never grow. A spore that does find it's way to the asteroid, however, will grow into a small worm-like creature with dozens of tentacles all over it's body. The young Cunomeel would consume rocks, mynocks, and anything else edible, while the tentacles all over it's body begin to thicken and form the huge flipper-like limbs of an adult. When the 'launching tentacles' are grown enough to preform the feat, the Cunomeel launches itself from the surface of Weyn I and begins to prowl the asteroid belt.

Once in the vacuum of space around the asteroid belt, a Cunomeel will 'swim' through space with it's flipper-like limbs, using it's huge and extremely fast tentacles to hunt. These rentacles will grab space rocks, mynocks, and other edible items and shove them into the creature's maw for sustenance. There has been many cases of a Cunomeel launching itself at a small ship, and using it's strong tentacles to literally rip it apart- consuming the passengers, hull, and anything else inside it. This has led to spacers avoiding the Nidaam system.

History: Though the origins of the Cunomeel are unknown, many scientists believe they evolved from sarlaac spores that found themselves on Weyn I, and adapted to the climate- eventually developing a hard carapce and huge lungs that allow it to venture into deep space.

Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To flesh out the Nidaam System, and another idea i've had while deprived from computer usage.

Why should spacers be safe from a thousand years of painful digestion?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Mrrew"]

Please fill out the estimated population section of the template.

How do they get from planet to planet if at best they can hold 24 hours. Hyperspace travel could be several days some places. What do they do to move from planet to planet?

[member="Matsu Ike"]

When I went to sleep last night, I remembered I forgot to fill out that spot... Fixed it.

As for traveling between planets.. they don't. They stick around the Tashoony astroid belt, around Weyn I. They get their oxegen from Weyn I. These guys are mainly meant to be one of the hazards of traveling through the Tashoony astroid belt, one of the reasons that the Nidaam system is isolated. Who wants to deal with space sarlaacs? :p

Hope that awnsered your question. :)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
smiling_pinkie_pie_approved_stamp_by_9qsm78-d4t0t3y.png

Looks good approved pending secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom