Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CTN72 Heavy Pulse Handcannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Naomi

Error 404: title-not-found
CybfRoN.jpg

credit

Intent: Make a versatile and powerful revolver for personal and public use, also because I am already using it, so decided to put more detail into it because it's kind of my main weapon at the moment
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: BlasTech Industries
Model: CTN72 - Heavy Pulse Handcannon
Affiliation: N/A
Modularity: Yes, power cell extension and pretty much anything you can apply to a Sci-Fi revolver.
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel and whatnot, nothing fancy
Description: The Strength of CTN72 is no doubt its modularity and firepower. Apart from being able to adopt numerous trinkets to help aiming, reloading, power cell capacity or energy use, it can also fire HEI (explosive) rounds and even other types of modified rounds that fit the caliber, which would be an even rarer find than the gun itself. A master gunslinger could remember each different type of rounds he's got and rotate the cylinder to use the right trick at right time. It was for these aspects that the gun was most popular among outlaws and criminals, for not only being sizable added to intimidation but also that you never know what it could be loaded with. Its weaknesses were: it required both power cells and bullets, only 7 chambers in the cylinder, weight and range.
Despite a rather successful market response to the weapon its production was cancelled by the BlasTech as they focused more on their favorite Blaster production lines. This was later announced by their representatives as a test to see if they could successfully produce a different type of weapon. Even if canceled, you could still occasionally run into one of these, as they usually quite frequently change hands.

Classification: Slugthrower Revolver
Size: Handheld
Status: Limited [No longer produced, you'd have to find one IC]
Length: .3 m
Weight: 1 kg
Ammunition Type: Physical and power cells
Ammunition Capacity: Up to 7 rounds, depending on modifications applied and type of rounds being fired power cells can hold for 10-40 shots, normally ~20
Effective Range: 50 meters

[member="Darth Naomi"]

Few things.

1. Please insert the image, that link wasn't working for me.
2. It's generally the norm to ask a company before saying they made something. Did you check with the owner of Blas-tech?
3. I'm not really a fan of it firing anything, as we don't really have guns that fire different types of blaster and bullets at the same time.

Darth Naomi

Error 404: title-not-found
[member="Jacen Cavill"]
1. Aye, I believe the site I linked it from is denying access somehow (because I occasionally get err 403 trying to view it). It works for a while, then it breaks. I've attempted to re-upload it from a different hosting site, hopefully it stays.
2. Sorry about that. I debated on it, but Blas-Tech being canon and this being my first factory creation... Well, here we are, since you're the owner, mind if this little thingy is produced under your flag?
3. It's hard for me to understand this one. Are you implying it shouldn't fire at all, that it shouldn't fire both blaster and slugs (it doesn't) or that it currently can be used to fire one too many different types of bullets? If the latter, I've rephrased that so it fires normal or explosive unless somebody (like me) makes a modified type of rounds it can also fire. I'm also reducing cell capacity and including that it depends on type of rounds being fired. Sound fair?

1. Sweet image.
2. I'll allow it as it's discontinued and I changed the company's direction IC. Makes sense we'd have a few old illegal items.
3. I read that whole thing wrong, edits look great.

Approved, pending secondary [member="Darth Naomi"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Naomi"] - This is a brutal little gun; I like it a lot, but I fully expect 'special' ammunition to be subbed separately. Abuse and suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom