Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CSAF Black Operations Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
GALSAFNavalStandard1_zps4eac6759.jpg

Name: CSAF Black Operations Commando
Intent: To train highly resilient, adaptive and effective personnel for a variety of special mission types and operation requirements.
Affiliation: Ali Hadrix, Alena Reckar, CSAF Authoritative Personnel
Availability: Unique
Quality: B
Type: Black Operative
Strength: 200 Commandos

CSAF-Emblem-with-Commando-Mural_zpsxaphjqbu.png

Description

Origins

The CSAF Commando is evolved from the ashes of the former GALSAF Operational Soldier. GALSAF, a paramilitary humanitarian aid and relief organization from the the Pre-Gulag Era, lent a variety of support and security to civilians throughout the Galaxy, adherent to no extra-organizational authority. These soldiers were highly trained in a wide range of skills and operation types. 800 years ago Former Jedi Master Ander Tagira founded GALSAF out of a core of soldiers that followed him after his exile from the Yavin IV Jedi Praxeum.

Ali Hadrix and Alena Reckar (a descendent of the Tagira family) decided together to reestablish Tagira's original mission and goals: To secure and provide for the lives of the citizens of the Galaxy. Trapped within the confines of the Galactic Republic bureaucracy, Hadrix realised that working within the law was no way to guarantee the security and provision of many of the Galaxy's inhabitants, and that justice could indeed be effectively and impartially delivered at the muzzle of a rifle or the tip of a blade. However, not all justice needed to be violent, and thus Hadrix made the organization's focus humanitarian aid and relief over militant action; the inverse of how Tagira operated in his years.
Alena Reckar, a former lawyer and Rebel Alliance operative, joined Ali in her quest, providing for her the wealth of information that was GALSAF's operational records and history. Together, the two intended on ensuring the safety and well-being of as many Galactic citizens as they could.

BOG
(Black Operations Group)
CSAF's Black Operations Commandos are a sect of the organization's military that receive special training in the conduct of specific mission types above that of the typical Commando. Although CSAF's Commandos are highly trained, BOG Commandos are imbued with skills that make them an element to be truly feared on and off the battlefield. Their application goes far beyond the combat environment alone, and these special Commandos operate independently of SAFCOM (CSAF Command) as individuals, groups, or as part of the rest of the CSAF Fight Force. CSAF Black Operators are everywhere they need to be, when they need to be there. Black Operatives carry out any mission required, with the utmost discreteness and absolute devotion to the CSAF Mission and the needs of the innocent beings of the Galaxy. The very nature of the operations they tackle are the subject of conspiracy theorists' ravings, and even a single BOG Commando can tilt the scales of an entire society.

Recruitment Process

BOG Commandos are selected from the most elite of the organization's existing units. Only a CSAF Lord Commander has the authority to appoint Commandos for BOG service and their training regimen is personally handled by the highest echelons of CSAF's command staff. Despite this highly controlled recruitment process, nearly half of BOG recruits fail to complete their training, and nearly a third of those failures die in their attempt.
BOG training is not conducted in an artificial environment, but rather in real-world operations. From day one, BOG Recruits are thrust into the crucible of real-world tactical operations and management, typically in a small unit setting consisting of no more than three operatives with a handler. Their missions range from government espionage to assassination; only after their handler has approved of their skills development are they given the title of Black Operative.
Despite the advanced training regimen, some basic elements are passed down to all potential Black Operatives:
Four Elements of Combat Might:

Maneuvering = The ability to out-think and pace the enemy
Firepower = The resources to suppress and destroy the enemy
Security = Protecting friendly personnel, resources, and intelligence
Leadership = The knowledge and skill to plan and execute operations

A Commando's Values:

Independence = No plan survives contact with the enemy. Commandos must always be prepared to adapt and overcome, thinking entirely for themselves as individuals, or thinking together as a group.
Intelligence = There is no honor in death, only honor in protecting and providing for the lives of the civilians we exist to serve. Solutions must be economical, practical and applicable to the current situation and available resources.
Empathy = Commandos must always be able to understand the conditions and perceptions that shape the lives of those around them, specifically those people they serve. Proper command decisions cannot be made if these factors are not taken into consideration.
Efficiency = Of time. Of resources. Of movement. Waste not, want not. At the same time, it's better to have and not need, than need and not have.
Conviction = When a course of action is decided upon, it must be followed through without hesitation unless the situation changes once more. Never hesitate to pull the trigger, on a plan, or a rifle, as long as you have decided it is what must be done.

Operation Types by Environment:

Jungle
Desert
Urban / Ecumenopolis
Mountain / Winterized
Amphibious / Aquatic
Spatial / Zero Gravity
Cross-Condition

Operation Types by Logistics:

Airborne (Personnel Carrier Craft)
Air Assault (A-10 LA-AT/i Gunship)
Aquatic Deployment
High-Altitude Low-Opening [HALO]
Orbital Drop

Military Operations Other Than War [OTW]:

Humanitarian Aid / Relief
Anti-Partisan
Civil-Military
Peacekeeping
Non-Combat

Black / Covert Operations:

Black Reconnaissance
Assassination
Abduction
Hostage Negotiation
High-Value Target [HVT] Extraction
Cross-Border Operations
Government / Corporate Espionage
Civilian Espionage
Weapons of Mass Destruction Situations
Counter-Terrorism
Counter-Insurgency

Overt Military Operations:

Mechanized Infantry
Dismount Infantry
Ship-to-Ship Boarding [Naval / Aquatic]
Raid Ops
Point / Area Ambush
Special Operations

Fundamental Skills:

Master Firearms Maintenance and Use
Master Tactical Operations
Master Operations Management
Master Battlefield Critical Thinking
Master Land Navigation (w/-w/out device assistance)
Master Hand-to-Hand Combat
Master Linguistics
Advanced Slicing
Advanced War Vehicle Operation
Advanced Piloting
Coordination of Fire Missions
Clearing Battlefield Obstacles

Organization
Black Operations Group

50 BOG Teams (1 Handler, 3 Operatives)

200 Black Operatives

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

So, first of all. Rank A units don't happen without development. Secondly, I'll need the availability dropped from Rare to Unique. In any case, we've got some options here.

A:

Drop availability to Unique
Drop Training to B
Drop numbers from 200 to around a dozen. A couple of squads essentially.

B:

Drop Availability to Unique
Drop Training to C
Drop numbers from 200 to around 3 dozen. A few squads

C:

Drop availability to Unique
Keep Training at A
Do development
Based on development we'll work out how many black ops squads you have.

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Individual submissions require different development threads. If you have an extraordinarily long thread that features both NPC units working towards different objectives I'd be willing to consider it after an examination of that thread, but otherwise no. Either or.

[member="Rekali the Hutt"]

I have threads that feature the Black Operator NPCs I have that are supposed to form the basis for the BOG section, but they serve as support character to my PC's in those examples.

I'll have to ask you to table this for a later date, when I can provide a good development thread for these guys. I can probably use the Omega event for this.

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

For what it's worth there's no reason you can't start at say at one level of quality and troop number and then expand and train your unit to be better trained and larger through submission modification later. If you want me to archive this for someone to take out at a later date when you're ready that's fine, but if this submission is approved at rank C there's nothing saying they'll stay at that level forever.

Ahhhhh! Okay, I hadn't thought of that. "Grade" can be just another modification, like any vehicle. Sweet.

I'd rather do that then. I'll alter the submission to reflect a "B" Grade. My general Commandos were approved at "B" Grade, and the BOG operators will come from those ranks to begin with.

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

I see the submission has undergone the edits, However I'm a bit concerned about this section

Ali Hadrix said:
Fundamental Skills: Master Firearms Maintenance and Use Master Tactical Operations Master Operations Management Master Battlefield Critical Thinking Master Land Navigation (w/-w/out device assistance) Master Hand-to-Hand Combat Master Linguistics Advanced Slicing Advanced War Vehicle Operation Advanced Piloting Coordination of Fire Missions Clearing Battlefield Obstacles
That's a pretty large range of diverse skills that this crew has "mastered". I'll need this toned down, but otherwise I think we're good.

That is a list of skills and degrees of expertise that I would expect of top-tier black operatives. This is why they exist to begin with.

What if I were to detail each of these skill sets with examples of their application? For instance, I would expect a BO "Master Slicer" to be capable of breaking through the security system of a military facility, but not break the encryption of that military's WMD authorization codes.

Or for Master Linguistics: I would expect them to have an expertise in a narrow range of languages, but they of course would not be capable of having mastered handfuls of languages at once. I could specify these subtleties more carefully, so as to assuage any concern of abuse.

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="Ali Hadrix"]

Here's the issue I end up coming to. You're npcing against person X. Person X guards his macguffin through method X, but these development threadless black ops troops happen to be a master at dealing with that situation. Person Y guards his macguffin with method Y, but development threadless black ops team happens to be a master at solving that problem as well. We can go down and down the list, but the key we get down to is they're B level combat units and A level roleplay tools with no individual tools of their own(To use an analogy). Just because they're the CSAF's black op troops means they're the best of the best black ops groups in every category except fighting when no work has been done to develop them as a group.

A blanket line that something like "Trained to handle a variety of situations necessary to handle black operations." would be fine, saying that they're masters at a variety of skills is not. This submission, especially without development, does not make these troops any better than any other black operatives group, but that comprehensive list of "Mastered" and "Advanced" skills implies that they do. Therefore it'll need to be amended, deleted, rephrased, or what have you. They're black ops troops, they're well trained and much more capable than the average soldier, but they are not perfect and while they might have an idea of how to deal with every situation they will not do so perfectly or with ease. The level of skill you're conveying requires development, of which you have none currently. As mentioned before this doesn't mean they won't get better, but for now they can't be "masters" at a large portion of their job description.

Rekali the Hutt

R
This status is archived for inactivity. Should you come back and want to throw it up just give a PM to [member="Silencia"] or @Reverance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom