Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal Hybridization chamber.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Image Source: this[x]
Intent: to create a means of hybridizing existing crystals for use in lightsabers.
Development Thread: coming soon.
Manufacturer: Aerin Kath
Model: N/A
Affiliation: made for affiliates of Aerin, and personal use
Modularity: form molds can be switched, but otherwise un-modifiable
Production: Unique (two)
Material: High density durasteel, pressure cooker components, electronic components.

Strengths:
  • Hybridization: can reconstruct crystal components from multiple crystals and form one hybrid crystal, hopefully creating a mix of the previous crystal's properties.
Weaknesses:
  • Lumps: potential to create useless lumps of matter if regular maintenance is not conducted before and after every hybridization process. trying to reuse Hybrid crystals results in the same outcome.
  • Boom: potential to explode if not kept at peak maintenance. causing the death of the worker of the machine, or simply the destruction or damade of the machine.

Description: Aerin had experimented with the Idea of crystal hybridization ever since he got his hands on a Kyber crystal and a Synthetic crystal. the hybridization of lightsaber crystals may have interesting effects and could be beneficial to create more unique crystals. every precaution must be taken with the maintenance of this device, as it could explode, like most touchy machines in the wrong (right?) conditions, or produce a dud. the process of "disassembling" the previous crystals is up to the owner of said crystals, but the process of reconstruction is quite simple, a form mold is set, the crystal parts are placed into said mold and let to grow in a solution that has all the extra components required for the crystal to hold a solid structure. The new crystals are classified as 'Hybrid" and hopefully do carrry some of the parent crystal's traits, though to what degree is unknown until the unique crystal is created and tested. Aerin had made it out of junk parts and scraps, while this may sound dodgy, Aerin made sure it was safe to make out of the scrap.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Aerin Kath"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

This is a pretty neat idea, though it's going to require a bit of work to get this through.
  • Given that there is no history that I can think of where this has been possible in the past I am going to require a dev thread of 15 posts for the creation of this unique tech.

Aerin Kath said:
Hybridization: can press crystal components from two crystals(potentially more, crystals will have to be subbed separately) and form one hybrid crystal, hopefully creating a mix of the two crystal's properties.
  • There are two things I would do with this. The first is to change how these are combined. Crystals are rather delicate pieces of Force imbued rock. Pressing them will simply destroy them. Perhaps molecular reassignment or something to that effect. Pressing just doesn't seem like a viable solution to what you're trying to accomplish.
  • The second thing I would suggest is removing the mention of "two or more crystals" and rewording that to "multiple crystals", thus putting the future development thread requirements on the submitter of said hybrid crystals, otherwise I will probably have to bump the post count for this higher.

I also think that the weaknesses should perhaps be reworked, given that the ability of this tech is rather powerful. One of which should be that unique crystals cannot be combined due to their complexity.

The last thing I would ask is a more in depth description for this tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom