Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal Heart Nightfang Parasols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Ugetsu_Kageuchi.jpg

Image Credit: Ugetsu Kageuchi :: Soul Calibur
Intent: Making good on the auction I won this design from, as I've deigned to do this kind of thing for a while now.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: The Crystal Heart Workshop
Model: Nightfang Parasols
Affiliation: The Open Market (Restrictive)
Modularity: Comes in choice of wood and pattern
Production: Limited (Made to Order)
Material: Aged Mankarii Wood or Ulúk Tgalieh Bamboo, Alchemic Alusteel, Scroll Paper, Chemical Oil.
Classification: Saber (Wasaga no Shirasaya Iaito)
Size: Hand-and-a-Half
Length: Apx. .9 m. (weapon)
Width: Apx. 25 mm. (weapon)
Weight: Apx. 3.8 kg.
Other Features:
  • Saber-resistance
  • Blaster resistance
  • Laser deflection
  • Lightning resistance
  • Metal catches fire
  • Sharp enough to gash light metals
  • Requires proper care and maintenance to retain edge
Description: Based on the design specifications of Matsu Ike's Parasol Blade, the Crystal Heart's shirasaya design improves on the original in a multitude of ways, making the weapon its own. The parasols produced by the Crystal Heart are made from the finest paper produced on all of Crystalsong and treated with a special oil treatment to make them waterproof and fire retardant. They are hand-painted or screen-printed to buyer specification, each one made to order. The blades are made to monomolecular edges and ritually cast under the blood of Sith faction citizens gathered offworld to give them the basic Sith Sword effects of blocking lightsabers, blaster bolts, lasers and lightning. Like all Crystal Heart forged items, each is created in a uniquely designed alchemical flame which gives it the shop's signature resistance and slight affinity to fire, in this case a strange ability for the blade to catch and "burn." All Mankarii Wood is gained locally and legitimately, and all special bamboo is personally imported from offworld from an undisclosed and largely uncharted planet. It should be noted that it is an incredibly dangerous weapon in the hands of the unversed, as the blade is unpredictably sharp thanks to its monomolecular edge and basic alchemic enhancement.

[SIZE=10pt][member="Særa Ayña Savan"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I like this design. I only have one request and one change:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Request: Can you explain to me how wide the blade is? To me this will truly determine the weight? A blade of 2-3 inches would be feasible with the current length/weight combination you currently have. If the width of the blade is longer, than I’m going to have to ask you add some more weight.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Change: Also, you put that monomolecular edging was used in this application, I’m going to have to ask that this be changed as monomolecular edging would break as soon as it strikes something.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]If you could make the change and give me a quick answer on the request then we can proceed. Please ensure to tag me on the reply![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Thanks![/SIZE]

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

Aaralyn Rekali said:
Request: Can you explain to me how wide the blade is? To me this will truly determine the weight? A blade of 2-3 inches would be feasible with the current length/weight combination you currently have. If the width of the blade is longer, than I’m going to have to ask you add some more weight.
Width, huh? That's a new one. In all my nine months, I don't think I've ever been asked for that. Anyways, I'm fairly certain three inches wouldn't fit in a parasol shaft anyways. :p
To approximate, about an inch.

Aaralyn Rekali said:
Change: Also, you put that monomolecular edging was used in this application, I’m going to have to ask that this be changed as monomolecular edging would break as soon as it strikes something.
1. Sith/Alchemy swords are really, really hard. "Nearly indestructible."
2. The original sub didn't break on contact. The canon didn't break on contact. Why the special treatment?
3: Literally, the only point of buying the design was because of this property and how it was incorporated into the type of weapon. Suffice it to say the only difference is that it's a Sith sword and more than one.

Then I'm going to have to Deny this submission.

Here is why:

• Zana M6W-9 molecular stiletto - Which is listed on this submission and the original submission which this is based off of. According to Wookipedia, this is what we know about this type of tool/weapon:

A high-technology tool and melee weapon, the MSW-9 molecular stiletto appeared like a datapad stylus.

Upon the activation of a control stud, a 30-centimeter-long monomolecular blade sprang from the tip. This blade was a single molecule in thickness, and although it was fragile in comparison to other blades, it could deal significant damage. Despite its ability to cut through anything short of armor plate, its wielder had to cut carefully and very slowly, or else the blade would shatter, ruining the tool.

• Description: Designed by Matsu to be simple, the original idea of hiding a beskad within it was taken away to decrease the weight. The stiletto blade being more lightweight and in ways ten times more deadly. A sight to behold she had to admit despite the fragility of the blade and how it could easily snap if not carefully taken out of the handle.
  • That being said, there was no special treatment in this case. The monomolecular edges cannot be alchemized to be indestructible. I'm sorry.

If you feel I'm wrong, please submit your case to the Second Chance thread.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom