Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Cross of Mejai-45

Status
Not open for further replies.
helghast_cruiser_by_dqordis.jpg

Image Source: http://dqordis.deviantart.com/art/helghast-cruiser-145610697
Affiliation: Techno Empire
Manufacturer:
Enryu Corp
Model: Cross of Mejai-45
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material:

-Durasteel
-Quadanium steel
-Desth
Classification: Cruiser carrier

Length: 880 meters

Width: 270 meters

Height: 190 meters

Armament: 10
-40 laser cannons (10 each side of the ship)

-6 Ion cannon
-8 Defender-AX2
Defenses: 13
-Standard Deflector shield

Hangar: 3 squadron

Special Features:

-The cruiser comes with Hammerhead Gunships
-6 hangars bay to transport starfighters and batallions
-60 degres rotatin cannons

Maneuverability Rating: 15
Speed Rating: 15
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:

-The laser cannons have a good precision and fast aim system

Weaknesses:
-The center area of the ship is weak against damage because of the quantity of hangar bays located there
-Low evasion

Description: Its one of the best cruiser, prepared for battle or invasion. If engaging another ship, the design of the cannons make it capable for an attack on a same spot, with the posibility of breaching shields and creating damage on one place of the enemy hull. If needed, starfighters can be deployed off the hangar bays that are placed on both side of the ship. The Mejai doesnt have any weaponry in the front or the back, making it defenseless against attacks on both position.

Development Thread: If needed
Intent: To create a battle cruiser

Who Can Use This: Factions

Primary Source: none

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Acaleus Thorn said:
Affiliation: Enryu Corp
You may want to consider altering the ship's length so that your company can use it. We have corporate fleet guidelines here. The short version is that a Tier 2 company like Enryu Corp can field a combat ship up to 666 meters long.

If your intent is tomake a ship intended for factions to use (not Enryu corp) I would change the affiliation to the factions which will use this design or "closed market" (which will let you choose who can use it).

Acaleus Thorn said:
Manufacturer: None
This will need a manufacturer of some sort. I'd recommend talking to people within your factions or other members that you frequently write with if they have a company that could produce this. Alternatively, you can use Haven Shipyards as your manufacturer.

As an overall thought, this ship seems to be trying to do everything well, so I'm not quite sure what the balancing scheme behind it is. When I see a starship design, I'm looking at flight performance, offensive power, defensive power, carrying capacity, and special systems/abilities. It's generally okay to have two or three of these areas with high values, but all of the values should not be high. So let's talk about concept, or what you trying to get out of this design.

What is it for this ship?

Do you see this as more of a ship designed to carry starfighters into battle? A battleship designed that's designed to be almost like tank with heavy armor and weapons? Perhaps a mix between the two, not being exceptionally powerful in any way but a good general purpose craft?

Sorry, i confused manufacturer with affiliation (no excuse for that and already edited)

The cruiser is a mix between the two, for battle and carry starfighters, of course it is not powerful in both. I think his defense is standard, and his weakness should be fine, but if you want i can lower his defense rating.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Acaleus Thorn"], to get that effect, I would probably average the Heavy cruiser & Cruiser carrier examples from the template and make some slight adjustments from there to customize it more.

So we're probably looking at something roughly like a speed & maneuverability of 15, an Armament Rating of 10 (roughly 250 turbolasers, 10 heavy warhead launchers, and 75 quad laser cannons), a Defense rating of 13, and a squadron count of 3. If you want to go up in those areas a little bit, that's fine if the performance goes down somewhere else too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom