Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a new Faction

Karrie

Princess of Baalia and Senator to the Galactic Sen
Greetings to everyone,

Please forgive me if I have made an error in posting this here.

I am wishing to start a Faction that is allied with the military of the planet I am from (Which I am currently working on submitting.) and to The Galactic Republic.

Should I wait to create the Faction until/if the planet I am sorting for submission is approved?

Thank you.

Hey there; if you're dead set on making your own faction, and if the planet is a major part of what you have in mind, then yes I would wait until the submission is all done and dusted.

I'd suggest setting up an interest thread for the Faction before you put a tonne of effort into it, though; what do you have in mind for the Faction? What sets it apart from the Republic you want it to ally with? Long term goals? Etc.

This way you can gauge how well it will be responded to once it's created. You might have the greatest idea for a Faction ever to grace the board, but without pulling in some members it won't be getting very far.

Also, please be aware that only Major Factions can actually *own*/run a planet in the official sense, meaning that at any time while a Faction is Minor any of the planets they actively utilize can be "Dominioned" (taken over) by a Major Faction which could end up creating problems between the Minor Faction and their access/presence on the world.

Here is the general overview of Rules pertaining to Factions

This provides a better idea of Major Factions and the importance of Dominions

If you have any further questions, or if you feel your question hasn't been answered sufficiently, let me know and I'll reword it accordingly.

[member="Karrie"]

EDIT:

Example of an Interest Check Thread (thought it might be useful!)

Karrie

Please forgive my extreme stupidity and please let me do some clarifying.

The faction was not to be major or to rule the planet but be but one part of the planet's society.

The faction was to be for the military of the planet, whose goal is the defense of the planet and its citizens.

Because of my stupidity, I am not sure if I will be continuing to consider subimitting a planet for creation or considering creating a Faction for the military of said planet that whose goal was to defend said planet and to assist in the defense of the Republic.

I will stay to the background of the site as it is obvious I am too stupid to roleplay here in any fashion.

[member="Karrie"]

If you're making the Faction based around a planet, then it will have to either be a pre-existing planet with no conflicts to what you have in mind (eg if it's owned by a Faction check and make sure its OK with them first!) or a new one which has to be submitted to the Planet Creation forum.

So in answer to the overall question: Yes, you would need to have the planet completed, reviewed and approved before the Faction could be usable, however you can still flesh out the idea of it before then and even go so far as to create the Faction page for it so long as you make any potential members aware that you/they are waiting on the planet to be finished.

[member="Karrie"]

You misunderstand; what I just said culminated in the fact that your initial pre-supposition was correct. Meaning the idea you have will work! You just have to decide if you want it a pre-made world or one of your own creation, is all. Please don't refer to yourself as stupid.

[member="Karrie"]

Karrie said:
Should I wait to create the Faction until/if the planet I am sorting for submission is approved?

My suggestion is to do whatever makes you feel more comfortable. If you want to make the faction and start fleshing it out first then you can do that. If you want to make the planet submission first, that's fine too. No one's going to yell at you for doing one before the other; the choice is yours.
Also, don't take anything said the wrong way :)

I believe [member="Kobe Seren"] had the full intentions of being helpful.

Karrie said:
It is obvious I am too stupid and me and my ideas will find no place here.
I'm not certain where you've gotten the idea that this is the case, but please reconsider that. [member="Kobe Seren"] is simply stating you will need to wait for a custom planet to be approved prior to using it in role-play, and was making a suggestion to do an interest check in the event you want to have a larger memberbase for the faction.

Karrie

I know his intention was to help and guide me and I meant no offense.

I have been told in the past, to express my ideas. Only to be shot down and pushed aside. Which seemed to me what was happening again.

I was only wondering what my next step should be.

I am currently working on my planet submission and understand I will have to wait for it to be approved.

But I also wanted to create a Faction(the planet's military) to go along with the planet and wondered if I should go ahead and start "fleshing it out" or wait until my submission to be approved before working any at all on it.

My wish is for the Faction to fight alongside The Galactic Republic in fighting for what is right and just in the Galaxy.

I want to get as much as I can going while I work on my submission then wait to see if it is approved.

[member="Karrie"]
My suggestion would be to ask a Republic admin, such as [member="Corvus Raaf"] (the only member of the Republic I am 100% aware is an admin), for assistance in assimilating your ideas with theirs so you can work together with the bulk of the Republic cohesively.

[member="Karrie"]

We've already met :)

Yes, as Silara said, I'm the Faction Leader for the Republic. Why not send me a PM detailing exactly what help you need and we'll work it through. A lot will depend on what you mean by 'fight alongside.' There are rules about allies in Invasions etc. and limits about numbers and such like, so let's discuss it via PMs and we'll get it sorted. I'm in England, so if I don't reply quickly it's because I've gone to bed :) but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

[member="Silara"]

Thanks for including me in the discussion.

Karrie said:
I have been told in the past, to express my ideas. Only to be shot down and pushed aside. Which seemed to me what was happening again.
Well, we don't do that here... unless you're wanting to submit a Death Star or something along those lines.

Rather we're offering suggestions and tips for further courses of action. It always takes patience and a willingness to work and cooperate with others to accomplish these things - and that's what we're trying to foster here.

Sin1

S
Castiel Lennox said:
I'd worry more about my upcoming Lightsaber Boomerang Crosbow if I were you. Self-reloading death.
I worry about no man's weapon.

Anyways

[member="Karrie"]

If you need any help, let me know.

Sin1

S
Silara said:
If you have nothing constructive to add and nothing helpful to input, please do not post a comment.

I would troll so hard right now..but lets go back to a point where I said I WOULD HELP ANYWAY SHE NEEDED ME TOO!

[member="Karrie"]

That idea is totally workable and what everyone else has said is true.

What you may consider working out with the Republic is working as a minor faction within their territory. Your minor faction would make out the Planet's military as you say and it could technically run by itself as most worlds do that make up the Republic as a whole. Since you wanted it to be their ally anyway this would work right? The people who run your story with you can participate in Republic battles and represent your world in battle and if it were taken over by another faction it would be against your people's wishes perhaps which can work IC as you fight for liberation or fight in cells against oppression.

Sorry if I got the wrong idea or aren't as helpful though.

But I still say that sort of idea is cool and go for it however you can and want to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom