Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Crazy Way to Catch Up

will you sink down to me?
That laugh was echoed as Damsy pushed herself from the table and jumped nimbly to the floor. "There's some tihaar about 'les Arisso drank it all to clean out his servos." Her voice was lilted and altogether more lively, so it was very possible that was a joke. As she passed beside Mal on her way out an actual door opposite the way they came it, she clapped the flygirl on her shoulder. "Kidding. It's not quite that strong."

Damsy led the way again, this time into a bullpen area that may have once been an office but was now decorated with a variety of artifacts. Cushy furniture, trinkets in various degrees of shine, ragged flags. Lanterns and lit incense gave the space a warm, welcoming light. The predominate color of décor was red, but despite that and the more recognizable symbols of fallen Sith factions and planets, the room offered no foreboding ambience itself. If any guest felt or would feel that way, the burden was entirely upon them and the prejudices they brought with them. A few Sithspawn reclined about, talking amongst themselves; a cyborg here, a near-human rakghoul there, and more.

The bullpen turned out to be semi-circular. Damsy continued guiding Mal down one of its arm into a good-sized kitchen. Its one resident turned from the oven as the duo entered. She was a half-sized humanoid with green skin, dark eyes, and frizzed light hair. "Motina," greeted Damsy before turning to Mal. "Mal, this is...well, everyone just calls her Motina. Means mother in Sith common."

"But if that makes you uncomfortable, dear, Ridy is just fine," Motina croaked in a voice that betrayed age like her body didn't. She passed her smile back to Damsy, who was now scratching at the back of her own neck. "Oh, Damsy, you don't need to tell me. I can feel it from here. It does you good to have friends that aren't Spawn."

"Uh, yeah, sure."

Motina's grin widened to bear sharpened teeth, but she closed her mouth shortly after. "Mal, would you care for a stuffed fig?"

Mallory Bash

Mallory Bash

M
Mando booze... that was a pretty stiff drink, if Mal remembered correctly. With Damsy's slip back into her more casual demeanor, Mal continued to grin at the woman's teasing. She rose and followed Mal into a much more comfortable room. It was a curious space, adorned with items, banners and articles of which some were familiar, others not. She did note a few that she thought were Sith, but there was no foreboding in them. She knew that the people around her were no friends of the Sith, even though they were created by them. To the contrary, the warm lighting and incense and lounging patrons rendered the room rather cozy.

Mal gaze didn't avert from those she passed, looking curiously but not gawkingly, offering respect in her brief gaze. They finally paused in a kitchen area, where a being who's race Mal didn't know was busy. The half-Nagai had to remind herself, many of the people there were not of a race, not anymore, but were unique creations, like Damsy.

Mal adjusted her brimmed hat as the small person was introduced. There was an air of matronly wisdom around the petite woman, that of someone who was more aged than the large dark eyes and delicate features portrayed. When she spoke, the voice then betrayed a wizened being. Another small smile touched her lips when Motina mentioned Damsy making a friend. Damsy's non-committal response only perpetuated the grin. Mal was beginning to feel that friends were something Damsy wasn't used to having.

"Yes I would, Motina, thanks."
Mal replied to Ridy's offer. She felt as if she had been invited into someone's home to meet their family. It was a curious thing to experience with Damsy, who had always seemed so solitary.

Ridy absolutely beamed. "I like this one, Damsy," she began. "You ought to keep her."

The taller humanoid looked down, obviously trying to make herself look small, as she passed through the kitchen and sat on the furthest stool in front of the breakfast bar. "If she don't give me reason not to," she muttered back before propping her head up on her elbow. She gave Mal a bittersweet smile. She hadn't spoken accusingly, but with enough weight that there must have been a story there...

Of course there was a story there.

Motina looked up at the oven. She bent her knees and adjusted her stance like a loth cat getting ready to pounce, then hopped to reach the handle. The door came open enough to lower her to the ground. A sweetness wafted through the small room. She didn't glance over at Damsy as she took the baking sheet off the lowest rack. "Is that why we are never going to meet the Dagon you always talk about?"

Damsy immediately scoffed. "I do not always talk about him."

Mallory Bash

Mallory Bash

M
Mal stifled a grin at Ridy's comment, finding she instantly liked the small, matronly being. She brought a strong sense of homeyness to the refuge. But her gaze followed Damsy as she moved down to take a seat. There was much in the tone of her muttered response, as well as in the half-hearted smile the Kaminoan offered Mal. The half-Nagai took no offense at the comment. She knew enough about the woman by then to know how much she had seen and surely suffered, in the chaotic life she seemed to have lead. Mal wondered, as she met Damsy's gaze, if the woman regretted taking the ex-smuggler into her confidence.

Mal offered an understanding smile in rely.

Then, Ridy seemed to prod Damsy with a question. Dagon. A name she had not heard Damsy mention. Maybe this Dagon was one of those stories that was woven into Damsy's life, one that was part of making Damsy the woman she was sitting there that day. Mal had been shown so much, things she knew few if any others knew about, and she vowed to hold them in the highest confidence. The naval commander was hesitant to explore this new topic, though by the conversation it seemed to be something Damsy discussed often.

She slid down to take a seat next to Damsy. "Dagon?" She said, brows raising, making no more of a request than the single word framed in a quizzical tone.

Damsy ran a hand over her face as Mal sat down by her side. "Dagon," she echoed, voice more sigh than said. "He-he's a Jedi. Knight now. Met him as a Padawan. He...knows what I am. Brought me to the Temple anyway. He just doesn't know about us."

As Ridy slid a plate in front of Damsy, she took hold of the chipped china lip and looked up. "An' we're keepin' it that way."

Ridy only smiled, though nodded too. "Yes, yes. I only wonder if you're too cautious, my girl."

Mallory Bash

Mallory Bash

M
Mal could see the exasperation in Damsy's features as she talked about Dagon. There wasn't much information conferred, and the spacer wondered what exactly transpired between the two that left her friend so out of sorts. An argument? Clash of personalities...or was it romance? In any case, it was clear even this Jedi Dagon was not trusted enough with the secret of the refuge.

Mal glanced at Ridy as the small matron offered soft counsel. The diminutive Motina probably knew Damsy better than Mal did, but the half-Nagai sided with the Kaminoan on the importance of the refuge's secrecy. If Damsy felt she couldn't go to the Jedi with its existence, there was probably no one who was ready to accept the fact that sithspawn could become contributing members of a society. Mal, on the other hand, was believing it already.

"Was he your teacher? Master?" Mal asked, prodding lightly.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

The Kaminoan began poking at her food. "Neither," she said. "Uh, how does one describe Dag...?"

She looked up at Motina, who had now given Mal her share of dessert. "Can we keep this 'tween us?" she asked softly.

Ridy put a long finger with sharpened nail to her own lips.

Damsy sighed and went back to picking apart her fig. "We were friends. Really. Don't have any idea what we are now. Haven't seen him in ages.

"We met by chance. I...I almost killed him." She glanced up at Mal. "I didn't mean to; I swear. It's a complex story, but I'm, uh, I've got this Dark...side. She's pretty quiet down here but can get nasty topside."

Obviously.

Mallory Bash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom