Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crayko's “Sparky” Ion Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
250px-IonBlaster_negwt.jpg
(picture is just for a rough guess)​
Intent: Personal, self-made ion rifle for Crayko (my WIP Jawa character :cool: ).
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Crayko by himself
Model: Appears to be the same as any other Jawa's Ion rifle. It only has slightly original design.
Affiliation: Every good Jawa scavenger makes his own ion rifle. Every gun is little differnt from other, because of used materials and/or original design.
Modularity: Custom sighs and scopes, triggers, stocks, barrels... You know bit of this and bit of that style. Easy to modify.
Production: Unique, no one will make this gun twice. (even Crayko can't)
Material: Chassis and stock skeleton are made of durasteel, stock is made of wood.
Description: As every gun using Ion ammunition, it is a holy hand granade agains everything powered by electric energy. Mainly used for non-permanent shutdown of droids, BUT can also cause random effects agains droid (from overheating cores (destroying) or permanent funcion damage to a simple system jamming), which matters on droid's condition, ability to resist etc.. It is also effective agains energy shields, power armors and it can even cause disfunction of lightsabers. Troubles with this gun comes, when it is aiming agains flesh. Damage agains non synthetic beings is minor, comparable to electric shock. It can temporaly stun, cause short coma, or in extreme cases cause cardiac arrest. It's power is lower agains bigger targets (roach would disintegrate into heaven, on the other hand, rancor would barrely describe it as itchy). It is also uneffective agains armors, because all its energy is equally devided all over it, which means that most of the energy will be consumed by armor itself, before actually hurting the target. Oh and it is not capable of piercing any material.

Classification: Blaster rifle
Size: Handheld (two-handed)
Length: 0.44 m
Weight: 8 kg
Ammunition Type: Uses power cells only (something like aaa acumulators and batteries).
Ammunition Capacity: 10 shots per cell.
Effective Range: Generally, the less distance blast has to travel, the more effective it will be.
Also it has no bullet drop.
Rate of Fire: Semi-automatic
Special Features: Some are in description, but they are only general for every Ion blaster. These are invidual for Crayko's “Sparky”:
+ Durasteel chassis makes gun very durable
+/- Special added longer barrel gives every blast stronger muzzle velocity, making them more acture and faster, but they also loose their energy sooner and gun also gains additional weight
+/- Special added 4x scope, gives gun greater accuracy for longer shots, but also gives additional weight
- In total “Sparky” weights nearly 3 times more than standart Ion blaster, which makes it harder to manipulate with (it should not be a problem for bigger races, but hey, 1 meter and 30 kg man just won't simple hold this gun steady for long time. Arms gets tired. :D
- Experimental design makes this gun very easy to jam

This gun also has a story. It is short, but still, it is some story.
Crayko as every Jawa once had to travel into desert to scavenge, but that day it was different. He had to go alone, scavenge the best he could found, and make a weapon of it. In any other cases, he would grab the first useable scrap he could find laying in the sand, but not that day, beause that day he would get himself something, what can be his life time pride. He walked and walked on never ending sands of Tatooine, finding nothing but unuseable scrap, untill he finally found what seeked for. He found crashed swoop race bike. Eye of the normal man would see pile of scrap, but eye of Jawa, sees pile of unused treasure just waiting for him. You know, one man's trash is other man's treasure ;) . He used everything he could put in use, untill he created weapon he was pround of.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Firstly, before this is done and I approve, I'm going to need to make sure the character has a bio. Can't very well make a personal weapon for a person that doesn't exist after all. As for the submission itself

RPJohn said:
and it can even cause disfunction of lightsabers.
I'd like a little more clarification on this point. Also I'd like you to describe the effect multiple shots could have against an opponent, organic or otherwise.

RPJohn said:
Effective Range: Generally, the less distance blast has to travel, the more effective it will be. Also it has no bullet drop.
No bullet drop is fine, as that's a noted blaster thing in canon, but I'm still going to need more elaboration on range, as you really haven't quantified a limit. I don't need definite numbers or anything like that, something akin to "Standard Blaster Rifle Range." Or "About a quarter less/more than Standard Blaster Rifle Range." would do.

[member="RPJohn"]

1) My character bio is still in progress and it hardly depends on decision of this guy http://starwarsrp.net/user/4739-kairon-rees/ . Problem is, that i'd like to be a member of his ship's crew and i already send him a message about my idea yesterday, but i'm still without answer. I'm expecting an answer today and if it will be negative or if i won't even get any, I'll write a bio next day after or sooner. I can give you some info about my bio, but still, it's WIP. Crayko; Jawa; 17 years old; height 1.10 m, weight 38 kg; born on Tatooine; scavenger and mechanic; great in repairing, good with computers and trading; speaks basic and Jawaese; fast talker, smart, coward; likes: everything what he can compose, decompose and/or upgrade (more less playing with machinery), technology; dislikes: rain, running, prohibitions.

2) Lightsaber disfunction means, that it can temporary dissable it and turn it off. Of course this will happen only if blast hits a hilt of lightsaber and still it is only a small chance it will be dissabled. Also, projectiles are not reflected by lightsaber like by other blaster guns, they are absorbed without any damage given. As I said, blasts acts like an electric shock (voltage about 200), with minimal flesh damage. If target is hit with highest power possible (5 meters and closer distance from shooter), it may burn his skin. It is hard to tell what may repeateable blast do, but it is more less like if you put your fingers into socket multiple times. Disorientation, exhausted feeling, numbness of body parts, unconditional muscle contraction, sickness, short memory lost or even a coma. All of this may happen temporary (it may take few seconds or even hours before body gets back to it's condition). On synthetics, it works all the same. Only exeption is, that synthetics are more fragile agains it, so the chances of their dissfuntion are much higher. It may stun them and restart their operation systems, dissable or destroy some of their parts (ability to control some of their funcitons like communication, vission, targeting system etc.), or if blast is repeated multiple times, it may cause overheating (destruction of bodyparts, cores etc.)

3) Effective range is about to 1 km, but even before reaching this distance, blast power is already about 70% of it's starting strenght. To 600 meters it is about 90%, then blast starts rapidly loosing it's power.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Crayko"]

Ion blasts don't use projectiles, they use a blaster bolt with different properties than normal and thus can be deflected by a lightsaber. Furthermore you didn't really give all of what I needed for the lightsaber thing. Specifically, if it disables a lightsaber, how long does it disable the lightsaber for? Lastly, your blaster range is far, far too high. A well made ion rifle in canon has a maximum range of around 450m, and considering this is a weapon that wasn't professionally made, rather scrounged about, I'll need a range less than that, preferably significantly lower.

@Me when you've made the requested edits.

On the other hand, i think i will make my char's bio bit different, so i probably won't need Ion gun. Anyway thanks for a great uhm...judging? It was very eductional and i hope i didn't waste your time much.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
It's all cool. I'm going to go ahead and archive this. Should you wish to bring it back up for edits please contact an RPJ or Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom