Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Crawl Against the Tide - Take 2

Coruscant

All around the city planet people hustled and bustled on with their lives. The usual morning commuter traffic hummed in the sky while the sounds of millions of footsteps below signaled those who would rather walk to work than deal with an air taxi. Of course there were the subway cars that ran like clockwork and the usual vendors trying to sell caf, hot buns, and whatever else they could to the sleepy people off to start their work day. Everything seem normal but the lives of several individuals were about to change forever.

:::: incoming call :::: emergency services :::::

"911 what is your emergency?"

A mechanical voice filled with static came over the line. The operator leaned in close to her headset, trying to hear.

"I'm sorry can you repeat that?"

More static filled the line and the Twi'lek was about to cut the call when finally the mechanical voice became audible.

"... the bomb fires will purge the greed from the city planet. Black Heth has spoken."

"I'm sorry sir... did you say there was a bomb?"

The line went dead.

Coruscant - Public Parking Garage 57 - Business District

giphy.gif

It was chaos. The explosion started in a small speeder parked in the corner near the elevator on the 7th floor. Debris were raining down on all of the morning commuters. The entryway was blocked, trapping citizens inside the garage. injuries, deaths, and panic filled the air.​

((After some interest in Discord I decided to try this thread one more time. Please feel free to join and make your own plots.))

enclavediv3.png

Allies: Unknown
Enemies: Unknown
Neutral: Unknown
Equipment:Equipment In Bio
Song:

Her helmet systems patched her into the Coruscant Police force comms more or less the moment the explosion went off. She didn't know whom or what a black heth was but she was certainly going to make them feel her wrath for interrupting her vacation.

"Song give a triangulation on that explosion I want to find who signed their own fething death warrant."

She waited a moment listening to the trills of the Songs computer as it interfaced with her own suits software and that of the software she was tapping into.

"Triangulation confirmed sending coordinates now."

As soon as she got the coordinates she fired up her jetpack heading to the scene.

enclavediv3.png

Copy-of-MOS-EISLEY.png

Location: Business District, Coruscant | Soundtrack: DANGER CITY

Nfg578H.png
All units, please respond! Confirmed 10-80, G-57, Business District.

Chit…” Harvey groaned, veering his cruiser out of the skylane and turning around. He reached for the comlink in his dashboard.

Detective Denson, Precinct 9, en route.

He fought against the traffic flowing from the Business District. People trying their damnedest to flee the scene, he figured. He didn’t blame them. Chaos is only fun when it’s organized, and this bombing was certainly unexpected. The Donna would have slid him a sign if it were her people.

This was a rogue attack, and those make for unpredictable clusterfeths.

Harv spotted the pillar of black smoke well before he arrived on scene. He chewed his lip as he neared the garage, only a block away now as he navigated the busy airlanes.

Tags: OPEN

Coruscant was home to a lot of things. Jedi, Senate, people, criminals, but what he was most concerned with at the moment was it being the home of the best street foods in the galaxy. Cal sat on a bench near his cruiser, hungrily munching on a collection of spiced meats wrapped in sauce-baked breading. It hit the right spot and allowed his mind to focus on the case he was currently working on. Double Homicide, two people who seemingly had no connections to eachother other than being found dead in the same bed. He took another bite and chewed when the radio in his cruiser chimed.
All units, please respond! Confirmed 10-80, G-57, Business District.
The sudden saying of such an event made Cal jump, spilling food all over his pants. "Oh gre-" He said through a mouthful. "Ah chip!" He wrapped up the leftovers in it's tin wrapper and ran to his cruiser, dumping the food in his passenger seat. He heard his partner, Harvey, answer. Good that he was out and about than in his bottles. Cal grabbed his commlink, remembered to swallow his food, and said, "Detective Caliber, Precinct 9, en route."

Cal flipped on his police lights and siren and sped down the airways. This may be an interruption to his case, but that was about people already dead. This was about people living, and maybe dead soon without help.

He brought up a holomap of the airways around G-57 in the Business District and analyzed it. People would flee using the highways and wouldn't care about traffic laws. Going against them would be dangerous and slow. He'd take some backways, and fly high enough to be out of people's ways.

It wasn't long before he spied the pillar of smoke and began descending towards it.
"Detective Caliber on scene. Any suspects in the area I should know about before rendering aid?"

Harvey Denson Harvey Denson | Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters | Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor

It wasn't exactly an uncommon sight to see jedi perusing around Coruscant's streets. What was uncommon was to see a 6 foot Cathar walking around with twin swords on her hip. Of course, that didn't stop her. Jonyna wanted to get a lay of the land. She'd been here a month now, and yet the city was still a maze to her.

Of course the day she decided this was the day a bomb went off.

The cathar was quick to rush to the scene, using the city's layout as a jungle gym to her destination. While she didn't resort to jumping on cars, quite a few residents probably were a bit stunned to see her using pipes as launch points, and bursts of flame shooting from the cathar as she twirled in the air.

Once she got close, she stopped to observe the scene. Before she coordinated with any police, she wanted to try and spot anything from afar that she could.

Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor Harvey Denson Harvey Denson Lim Caliber Lim Caliber

Coruscant - Public Parking Garage 57 - Business District

Dust was everywhere and the screams of civilians trying to get out filled the air. Sirens raced towards the scene of the crime and soon several parties had arrived to help.

A small SWAT team was equipped from the Coruscant Security Force and an older looking police captain was standing with building plans placed on one of the squad speeders. It was totally old school, non digital, but anybody who knew Captain Shile knew he was as old and rickety as the ancient technology. He was also damn good at his job and a real hard ass if trifled with.

“Alright listen up! We have civilians trapped on the seventh floor and the three floors above that. The eighth floor is caving in so we have to move fast. The smoke alone has probably killed several by now. The good news is bomb squad hasn’t detected any additional explosives. So here is what we need:

A team enter the building and start trying to evacuate civilians. Take them to Mercy General Hospital. I’ve already called and the ER is expecting us.

B team I need you to get me security footage of the hours leading up to the explosion so we can see if we got this guy on camera. Check surrounding businesses and traffic cams.

C team, you are going to start investigating Black Heth. From what I know that gang is way too small to have pulled this off but our 911 caller gave them the credit so that’s where we start. Let’s move! Do it now!”

Harvey Denson Harvey Denson Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor Lim Caliber Lim Caliber Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Samuel "Bacta" Renfro

S

Samuel and a few other medics were on their way to a medical conference when saw the explosion, followed by the swarm of emergency service vehicles.

"Pilot find a safe spot to set down as close to that building as young, and prep this transport for MEDEVAC,!"

"Copy that sarge." the pilot replied and he whipped the transport around and started looking a place to set it Down

Samuel clicked the coms unit in his helmet over to GA Emergency Band.
"This is Sargent Renfrew, GA ARMY, I have 4 GA combat medics fully kited, and ready to assist, we are currently in process of the landing our transport, we will be on the ground in 2 mikes, please advise the best entry point."

enclavediv3.png

Allies: Unknown
Neutral: Harvey Denson Harvey Denson Lim Caliber Lim Caliber Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Samuel "Bacta" Renfro Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters
Song:

The response time of the Coruscanti Police simultaneously worried and impressed her. A police force that moved this quickly in a time of crisis were either very good at their job or in on the problem. Either way she moved warily into the smoking parking garage. She wasn’t here by rights so she was just going to have to carefully problem solve on her own.

She switched to thermal vision as she moved into the building cutting through the smoke and dust as her rebreather kicked in response to the same. Electronics whirred and clicked as she ran through a dozen different scanners and sensors piecing together the scene prior to the carnage before her a bit at a time.

”Alright give me something to work with here."

enclavediv3.png

Copy-of-MOS-EISLEY.png

Location: Business District, Coruscant | Soundtrack: DANGER CITY | C Team

Nfg578H.png
Harv wasn't on-scene long before orders came flying his way. He recognized the old captain, mostly on account of his grit than through actual field work together. His jaw tightened as the man barked at the officers on hand. His gruffness wasn't work getting prickled over, though. They were both cops, cut from two very different cloths, but they had work to do.

C team, you are going to start investigating Black Heth. From what I know that gang is way too small to have pulled this off but our 911 caller gave them the credit so that’s where we start. Let’s move! Do it now!”

"Black Heth...?" Harvey mouthed to himself as he listened to the captain. The name rang a bell, but he'd be damned if he knew more than that. Harvey's world revolved around the criminal mind, what makes it tick, what drives a man to kill someone. He figured tracking down a bomber couldn't be much harder than a serial killer.

And who better to do it with than his good old partner.

"Lim!" Harvey called from across the way, waving the detective over before he even stepped out of the patrol car.

The two went way back, and even though they'd been split on the massive case load across the Underworld these past few months, they fit together like hand and glove. Harvey walked over to meet the man halfway, holding out a shaky hand as his nerves settled on what was happening. He gave his partner the same old chitty grin he always did when things went wrong.

"Back in the saddle, brother."

Tags: Lim Caliber Lim Caliber | OPEN (C Team)

A team enter the building and start trying to evacuate civilians. Take them to Mercy General Hospital. I’ve already called and the ER is expecting us.
Lucky her ears were quite sensitive. Jonyna didn't need a second thought. Down from the roof, she leapt down to where the police were, looking to a few.

"Officers, Jonyna Si, Jedi, at your service. I can clear the way." There was a heroic confidence in her voice. She was ready to help, even if she hadn't been asked.

“A team land in the second sector and start evacuations. Work together to coordinate. You will have to scan every floor.” ( Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor , Samuel "Bacta" Renfro)

“C team I’m glad you two partners are working together again. See what you can find” ( Harvey Denson Harvey Denson , Lim Caliber Lim Caliber )

The aging police captain took out a rag and pat his brow, which was starting to sweat from the heat of the flames.

“I am going to check the security tapes. Keep me posted!”

Copy-of-MOS-EISLEY.png

Nfg578H.png
"So... ever heard of 'em? Black Heth?"

It had been a long time since Harvey had worked organized crime, and the name was unfamiliar. But one thing was for certain, they had balls. Blowing up a garage in the business district in broad daylight took grit. He wondered if this wasn't their first time pulling a stunt like this.

The heat from the fire was beginning to make the man sweat, so he took a few paces toward his squad car to get some distance from the structure.

"How do you wanna do this? Any ideas where to start?"

Lim was a smart man and a good guy. Maybe he knew something, or had some insight, that would close this disaster case sooner.

Tags: Lim Caliber Lim Caliber | OPEN (C Team)

DIspatch told him to receive orders from Captain Shile, who was already on scene. That was fast. Cal parked and got out, blinking at the massive fires coming from the parking garage. By Ashlan...
Cal jerked his head over to see his old partner, Harvey, waving at him. Cal hurried his way over with a tight smile. Happy to see him, but not under these circumstances. From the way Harvey's hand shook, it seemed he felt the same. Cal took it and gave him a solid pat on the arm.
"Back in the saddle, brother."
"Yeah, lets see if how many people we can stop from becoming homicides today. Less paperwork, you know?"
“C team I’m glad you two partners are working together again. See what you can find”
"Oh, we're not...?" And the Jedi spoke up. Well, a Jedi could handle the saving he supposed. Tracking down the bad guys was Harvey and Cal's specialty afterall. He still gave out a sigh, and was secretly happy he didn't have to do any heavy lifting. He wasn't exactly in the best shape.

"Black Heth..." He rubbed his chin as they stepped away. He pulled out a handkerchief, dabbing at his head. He sweated much faster than Harvey, who was in shape. "Ain't they just a street-level gang? They do petty stuff, muggings and things like that. Not blow up buildings. So..." He thought some more. "This ain't just a scare tactic. This isn't trying to get territory, you don't blow up want you want. This must be retaliation on someone, maybe someone who was in that garage. That or someone's radicalized them." His money would have been on the first, but the fact that they called so soon and claimed credit meant that this was planned to have their name on it.

There were more possibilities rumbling around in his head, like someone stuck this on the Black Heth so they would be in the clear to do other crimes. While possible, they had absolutely no lead in that direction. Better to follow leads you do have than look for ones that might not be there.

"Got any contacts with the Black Heth, any CI's that would know more? A popular hangout spot for them maybe?"

Samuel "Bacta" Renfro

S

"A team land in the second sector and start evacuations. Work together to coordinate. You will have to scan every floor."

"Renfrew Copy on the move ETa to second sector 5 mikes." He turned to other medics and said "Alright boys and girls, we've got our orders, we are to proceed to the second sector of the garage and start evac, let's move it double time." With that, the group medic broke into a run jumping over and around debris and structural member that had been displaced from the explosion as they went.

@ Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , @ Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

The Jedi didn't waste any time, rushing ahead of the medical squad and using her acute hearing to scan for survivors. She found a boy trapped under a pillar of concrete, calling for his mother.

"Hold still."
Jonyna called out as she grabbed it with both hands, her feet igniting with a burst of flame as she rocketed herself upward, bringing the pillar up with her for just a moment, enough for her to lob it away from the boy.

"Medic! I've got wounded!" She called out, looking to the boy with a kind smile. "Just hold still. Your leg is broken. You'll be better soon."

Samuel "Bacta" Renfro Shakka Bralor Shakka Bralor

enclavediv3.png

Allies: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Samuel "Bacta" Renfro
Neutral: Unknown
Song:

Shakka was not a medic strictly speaking but she had medical training, plus a lot of fancy hardware onboard her beskar that would help her locate and treat the wounded. She approached the injured boy near Jonyna Si Jonyna Si .

“Hello Ad’ika let's get that leg fixed up.”

She pulled a numbing spray out of her medkit to numb the boys pain away as the medical sensors analyzed the nature of his break and fed that information into her heads up display.

“Young Jedi would you do your best to hold him still while I set his leg please.”

She asked the Jedi as she pulled out a Bio-cast and fed it the necessary information about the break.

enclavediv3.png

Aana Xyston, part of the Pathfinder Regiment, had been in her quarters trying to take a nap when her comlink started receiving calls like crazy. The first one that she had answered was from her friend Zaina, who lived in the Business District of Coruscant. Aana had thrown on her Pathfinder gear, snatched up her maser rifle, and headed off.

It had only taken her a few minutes to spot the plume of smoke surrounded by Coruscant police vehicles. She set down her small speeder a block away from the parking garage and ran towards the crumbling buliding. Her HUD immediately began compiling an IFF, and she saw that Lim Caliber Lim Caliber and Harvey Denson Harvey Denson were discussing something by a squad car.

Aana jogged towards them, wincing as another section of the garage collapsed with a boom! "Hello, investigators," the Twi'lek greeted them both, "I'm here to help."

Copy-of-MOS-EISLEY.png

Nfg578H.png
"Eh, I may know a guy… could check in with-“ he said, stopping at the sudden boom from the garage, followed by the calling of a Twi’lek who came at them full-jog. If she hadn’t referred to he and Lim Caliber Lim Caliber as ‘investigators,’ he might have pulled his gun.

Assailants coming back to finish the job would dash in on a pack of unsuspecting officers like this in a flash, but rarely did they draw this much attention… or know how to pronounce ‘investigator,’ for that matter…

Harvey cut his eyes to Cal, then to Aana Xyston Aana Xyston as she drew closer.

Do you always come running toward burning buildings, or is this a special occasion?” he mused, but not too cruelly.

Name’s Harvey, and this is Cal. What, uh… what can we help you with?” he asked. It sounded like he was questioning his own verbiage more than the girl’s needs.

Tags: Lim Caliber Lim Caliber | Aana Xyston Aana Xyston | OPEN (C Team)

Aana listened to the man greet her. "Well, in the Pathfinder Regiment, they teach you to run towards explosions, laserfire, and burning buildings. So, yes. And its more about what I can help you with. Seems you've got a mess on your hands. While I probably can't do much relief work, I can help you track down who did this."

Taking a deep breath from her helmet's rebreather, she thanked the Force that she had it and wasn't breathing in the smoke and fumes. Although the investigators and the police officers surrounding the building seemed to be taking the smoke just fine. Eh, Aana had always had a sensitive nose. But that might come in handy today, along with her tracking skills. "So, Harvey Denson Harvey Denson and Cal, have any leads yet?"

Lim Caliber Lim Caliber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom