Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crash Landing of the Decade (Tallia Farn)

Solan sat up to the smell of smoke and with a decent sized gash on his head and his vision hazy. "Just perfect, cant even go on a nice little space ride through the stars and we go down in a ball of flames almost to the planet that we were already going to, and now..." He looked around, most of those in his escape pod having died or are missing, probably already having left the pod. He didnt bother to check the unconscious though as he left the pod to look up and find some sort of verification of the time or the place they were at, lucky for him though, it was pitch black night out and only the fires of the nearby crashed transport ship lit the sky and fires from his own escape pod. "Fething Perfect."

@[member="Tallia Farn"] (Let it open for if you took a different pod, are in the same pod and just was unconscious when solan woke, or already left the pod. Have fun picking.)

Tallia yanked fruitlessly on the control yoke as her escape pod barreled toward the surface of Dxun, one of Onderon's four moons. She broke the atmosphere and Tallia could make out the peak of a mountain in the viewscreen.

"Well, Kark.." She cursed under her breath. Making lightning fast calculations in her head, She opened the comm channel, hoping that someone would hear her message. "If anyone out there can hear me, I've lost control of my pod and only have seconds until I crash. You'll probably see me overhead, heading straight for that mountain." She stifled a small laugh, even in the face of almost certain death. "I'm putting myself into a deep meditative trance to try to survive. Any help.. would be.. helpful." The pod's hull began to shake violently with the friction, and warning chimes filled her ears. "Crash imminent. Brace for impact." Flashed across the screen. Tallia tuned it all out and focused on clearing her mind. "Here goes." She sighed.

@[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan's ears trained themselves on the working comm box in the escape pod... well working being an understatement as he found his own microphone broken beyond repair. Listening best he could he glanced outside of the pod and looked for the very location that was spoken of, and sure enough it was there that he saw a streak of flames hit the rocks. What was worse, it was a five mile trek through darkness to a cliff that he would have to go another mile or two up hill and down hill to reach it. "And this, just got all the more entertaining. THANK YOU VAHL." He shouted at the top of his lungs, the name of a revered figure on his father's side coming to mind as he did.

Grabbing what emergency supplies he could and making sure his armor and saber werent busted he hopped out and looked up at the crash that looked like a tiny little light in the night. "This is going to be fun..." His feet brought him over the earth steadily, his saber in hand and one end of the saberstaff active to act as a torch and quick response weapon should something happen...

-A Good Hour later-

"The moment.. i get, planetside, im picking a better ship." He sighed as he pulled himself up the last few steps, several creatures had tried to take a bite out of him during the trip, one having cut up his leg pretty bad with it's claws before Solan could scare it off. Now he stood there and looked at the pod before walking toward it and shouting. "Hello, anyone alive." He looked around the pod before cutting it open with his saber and looking inside to see who was alive, pulling them each out slowly. Finally he pulled the pilot, @[member="Tallia Farn"], out of the Escape pod, resting her next to the others that had been in the pod and frowning as none seemed to be alive... but the woman had said something about a trance, which would help if he had any idea how to undo it.

The presence of another force user awoke Tallia from her hibernating state. Her eyes flickered open, scanning the area around her. She was sitting on the edge of a cliff with her back against something cold, and hard. It was the escape pod, she realized as she reached up and slid a hand across its surface. She strained to turn her head and spotted a figure standing in the darkness. At first she felt alarmed, but quickly she realized that if this person wanted to kill her, she would already be dead.

"Wh-who are you?" Her voice quivered as she addressed the silhouette. With any luck, It was one of the survivors from the crash who had gotten her message. At worst, a native from the moon, assuming there were sentients on this rock, had come to scavenge for supplies.

@[member="Solan Charr"]

"Well im the one and only Solan Charr, officially the person with the worst luck possible. I crashed with another pod down at the base of your crash landing here, six or seven miles or something that way. I saw you crash and headed up here where i became intimately familiar with the native beasts of the planet that didn't seem to want anything to do with me." Solan was sitting and watching the stas, both hoping to see another pod but also to keep him calm and focused on the situation, his eyes focused on belt of stars though right now. @[member="Tallia Farn"]

"Thanks for helping me out. I'm Tallia Farn." She introduced herself as she eased herself up into a standing position. Wow, they were really high up. Tallia looked over the edge of the cliff and down into the jungle below carefully. "Do you know if anyone else is out there?" She asked, now examining the side of the mountain, looking for a path down.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"None that ive found alive, those that i woke up to see in my pod were all dead, as for the few in your pod..." His eyes found their way to the bodies and his eyes stared carefully at them before he spoke again. "So no, ive seen not a sign of others alive, the ship itself may contain survivors, it being at the bottom of the mountain near where i had crashed myself." [member="Tallia Farn"]

Tallia shook off the last bit of nausea she still had from the crash. "Then perhaps that should be the first place we go looking. Perhaps we can relay a distress signal from there as well." She looked over the edge of the cliff and decided that the easiest way to the ground was straight down. She turned back, looking at the pod and the people that had died in the crash. They didn't have the time to bring the bodies with them. Perhaps the Republic could retrieve them when they came to pick up Tallia and her new friend, if they came at all, that is.

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Right, by the way, the forest isnt too kind, i got cut up twice on my way up her by some kind of creature in there so be careful miss." His hands found their way to his sabers as he scanned the edge of the clearing, his eyes only tearing away from them to look at [member="Tallia Farn"] before he spoke again. "Are you fit for travel, you just crashed after all?"

"Creatures huh? I'll be sure to be on the look out for that." She said inattentively, still peering over the edge of the mountain. "Oh yes, I'm fine." The instant after she reassured him of her condition, she disappeared off the cliff. The wind whipped through her robes as she fell in a perfectly straight pencil dive. The sound of her blood pumped through her ear drums and adrenaline took over for her. The plummet was almost peaceful, despite the danger this planet posed and all the things Tallia had to be worried about. In the several seconds during the drop, her mind cleared, and the force flowed freely in and out of her. It was a serene feeling that she did not often get to experience. Even through the tragedy and frustrations of life in the universe, the force was a reassuring constant to the Jedi Knight.

Her rest was interrupted by the approaching trees below. It had been only seconds since she'd left Solan up on the mountain, but she felt refreshed. Her body pivoted gracefully as she padded her landing into the canopy with the force. Her boots slid a foot from her landing point on the slippery moss layer that covered the surrounding area. She had uprooted it and left the wet, rich soil exposed in her wake. "Let's go find that ship."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"Great i got a suicidal one now, just perfect..." He slung his stuff to his back and pulled it tight before slowly making his way down the side of the cliff in such a way that was far more doable for someone in his position. After about a dozen minutes Solan touched the ground and stared off at the ship a ways off, [member="Tallia Farn"] had already gone and went for the ship, sparing no time as she did. Once he cauught up he looked at her for a moment like she was crazy, a smile though on his face. "You know, if you wanted to jump off a cliff and commit suicide, you should have just tried harder."

"I just took the quick way down." She smirked, slowing to a jog as Solan ran up from behind. Dead ahead, the remnants of their crashed ship rested half embedded into the ground. Chunks of broken up rock layer and durasteel laid scattered around the area. Fire still burned into the jungle in some places, even though the crash was several hours old. "The ship looks pretty bad. Let's hope it's systems are still functional."

[member="Solan Charr"]

"I can repair some stuff, and maybe get a dish working as long as theres enough parts around to scavenge that aren't too broken." His eyes were immediately drawn to the pod that he himself had crashed with, the fires should keep away Dxun's beasts right? He shrugged at the mental thought and kept walking, moving small pieces of durasteel and tree to see if there was anyone trapped under it every now and then, but the people he did find were all dead or too disfigured to even tell what species they were. Next time he would inspect the engines for himself before he got on a ship, and hopefully [member="Tallia Farn"] could sense life better than him because right now all he felt was sick from the death he saw.

"Sounds like a plan." She slowed all the way to a walk and began to search around for an entrance. Tallia could have simply cut a hole in the wall with her lightsaber, but she didn't want to further damage an already structurally unsound ship. She climbed over a large mass of durasteel and found two more dead bodies from the crash. She was about to simply walk past them when she noticed something out of the ordinary about the corpses. They hadn't died from the crash. A closer inspection showed plasma burns on their bodies. They'd been killed by blasters. "Solan!" She called. "Come here quick!"

[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan turned the corner, looking around with his hands holding some kind of pole he had been holding when she had called out to him, even as his saber hung from his side. "What is i-" He saw the bodies and frowned, dropping the pole and moving forward as he inspected the burns with quick and nimble fingers. "What the... i dont remember seeing any camps or anything nearby... all i remember were the animals of the forests..." [member="Tallia Farn"]

(So sorry. I was gone for a week and a half then lost this thread... Lets get back into it though!)

"These are definitely blast marks." Tallia stood up, her hand gripping her lightsaber hilt. "But this planet isn't supposed to be inhabited. Who could have shot them?" She stood perfectly still, listening for sudden movements around them. It would be too difficult to sense enemies with all of the wildlife on this planet. She wouldn't see them coming until they were right on top of her. It wasn't safe to stay out in the open for much longer. "Perhaps we should get inside what's left of the ship before we try to figure this out?"

[member="Solan Charr"]

Solan studied the wounds closely, coming to the point where he had to place his glasses on his face when things became too blurry. "Question, do you know if any of them are alive?" Solan wasn't good at force sense and forced to check for a pulse and breathing the old fashioned way, his hand on the current man's neck and ear to his chest as he listened, cut off from the world around him while he sat there. [member="Tallia Farn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom