Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CRAF I-HUD (Crossroads Republic Armed Forces Integral Heads-Up-Display)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG Z1776

Baboon with a MAAWS
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Czerka Arms
  • Affiliation: Crossroads Republic Armed Forces
  • Model: CRAF I-HUD (Crossroads Republic Armed Forces Integral Heads-Up-Display)
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Sensor and Display components
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Possesses wide field of view multispectral imaging modes (normal, thermal, IR, and imaging radar), these are also recorded on a camera and data drive.
  • Has an optical zoom activated by squinting or verbal commands.
  • Possesses direct links to comms systems and the owner's military battle net, able to download real-time feeds from any number of sensors, cameras, or control networks.
  • Matches with the ACH-50 helmet's gas mask as a companion piece.
  • Controlled with eye movements and verbal commands, as well as control pad on the wrist and by buttons on the device itself.
  • Its IFF systems can recognize civilian, friendly, and enemy vehicle and personnel visual, thermal, and IR profiles.
  • When its user dies its computer wipes its encrypted internal data links.
STRENGTHS
  • Provides the soldier with real-time access to a wealth of information.
  • Multispectral imaging.
  • Hard to jam or disable with EM fields.
WEAKNESSES
  • Not an armored component, a shot from almost any weapon will punch clean through it.
  • When not turned off the interior HUD display glows, which can reveal its wearer's position.
  • A soldier could get information overload.
DESCRIPTION
The I-HUD is a CRAF specialty, being used specifically to accommodate the CRAF's enormous emphasis on communications and command and control. This device allows any soldier or officer access to real-time intel that they can either see or be a window into the battlefield for higher command elements as well as a wealth of recorded video for potential propaganda exploitation. Each CRAF soldier is taught this device's operation and importance from the time they first receive it and go into battle drills with it. In fact, after learning to use their blaster a CRAF soldier is then instructed how to operate within the massive CRAF Battle Network. This is aided by the fact each individual has his own permissions sets specific to their role. For instance, a private in a foxhole will not have access the live-feed locations of every single trooper gun and vehicle in a brigade, but his general would. And the I-HUD is taught to be the soldier's number two tool behind their blaster. In fact, an unseen CRAF trooper with a solid connection to the battle net and eyes on his enemy with access to artillery and air power can be more dangerous than an entire battalion of un-equipped non-CRAF soldiers.

However, like any comms-based devices this device can be jammed if the right device is used in sufficient strength, but know that it takes a lot to jam and interfere with the CRAF Battle Net, and that each CRAF trooper's neural implant cannot be spoofed into keeping an I-HUD active after the owner is killed. To capture an I-HUD one needs a live CRAF trooper or officer. While this is remarkably difficult in most situations, it is not at all impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom