Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cover Your Crystal Eyes

i7G6dHil.jpg

Planet: Isis
Location: Small forest between the crystal valley and Neskroff (the planet's only spaceport)

In a sprawling crystal palace surrounded by, first, a large elaborate gardens on all sides, and then, emigrated pine trees, Princess Thais Kallisto looked out upon the closest mountain spire which she named The Ice Needle. It was not an official name by any means - just one she had made up when she was a little girl also viewing this same expanse of the Kallisto mining operations. If you used binoculars, you could even see the mine entrance and the small outpost where the Mining Foremen lived.

As well as the buildings where the slaves were kept, most of them Gutretee still. But that was about to change.

She had received a communication from the governor of Neskroff who wanted to see if Princess Kallisto was interested in peace talks between the Gutretee rebels and Kallisto Mining Company, terms of which,no doubt, included freedom for these sentient beings. She turned to her closest attendant and confidant, Napo, a Gurtretee male, loyal to the King and Queen since she was a baby.

"I am not interested in peace talks, but there's not much else I can do if the government threatens to close the mine over my use of slaves." Her hand floated down to her silk gown, and she scraped the fabric up lightly with her fingers so that she didn't trip when slowly walking across the marble floor. Thais paced with anger.

"Mind you, we've used slaves for centuries with no repercussions."

"The government of Neskroff grows bolder," said Napo.

"Yes, and it meddles where it doesn't belong."

"I don't think it's the slaves, Your Highness. It's the use of Gutretree natives that-"

"I know what it is," she interrupted. With a heavy sigh, she continued, "Contact a slaver. Someone that my parents used to do business with. If the Gutretee are going to be freed I will need to replace my workforce."

At his Lady's request, Napo sent a message to Crixtophel Meriet:

//incoming transmission...

To: Crix Meriet

Princess Thais Kallisto requests your prescence at her palace to discuss a contract with your company. Please come to Isis at your earliest convenience. And as a note, make sure you are using fiber optics for communicating with the Neskroff Security and Customs Agents. The crystals on our planet distrupt any other types of com units.

//transmission ending...

[member="Crix Meriet"]

Crix paused from teasing the hair of his favoured house slave Toby as a buzz disturbed the quiet of the room. Toby was by far his best kept slave, in stark contrast to every other slave in Crix's enterprise Toby bore bore no marks of maltreatment, no chains , no scars ... it was usually the slavers greatest pleasure to inflict pain but something about toby had stayed his hand. Crix couldn't decide whether it was his deep grey eyes, his wordless devotion or his childlike innocent expression. Whatever the reason Toby had held sway over a significant chunk of Crix's heart for a great many years. Even being caught 'together' at 16 by the elder Meriet hadn't changed things. Toby hadn't said a word since that day though and Crix suspected his father to be to blame.

At the foot of the bed lay his second favourite house slave Nima, the worst kept slave by a country mile. She bore the suffering allocated to both herself and to Toby and despite being his second favorite she had no permanent place in his heart he used her to relive tension then he would cast her back to the floor. He had split her lip today and she felt herself fortunate he often did much worse and indeed likely would since he had been disturbed, she was older than he however and well used to this life, one day he would go too far and she would die and to die was to be free, she could only wait for that day.

Toby whimpered when the hand of his master stopped, Crix looked down and stroked his slave's head "Hush Darlin' It's okay, I just need to answer that ... then I'll come back" Then with great reluctance he climbed from the bed hand trailing down Toby's exposed skin a last lingering of comfort in opposition to the cold stone floor. Passing Nima he delivered onto her a stiff kick a physical expression of his dissatisfaction at being interrupted. The slave grunted in pain and he swore. He was livid he wanted to make something bleed.But that meant dragging himself down to the pits and thus away from his lazy day. He hauled himself over to read Napo's message. A Princess, yes he remembered her family ... father's greatest boast. A diner party was deemed a failure if the whole gathering was not regaled by the information that the Meriet family supplied slaves to one of the many glittering piles of chaff that had been severed from one of naboo's swelling aristocracy on at least three occasions.

Though he was at loath to admit it he could hardly turn down a royal, for royals meant money and was not money his only acceptable goal. He angrily returned a message to the effect that it was a privilege to be invited and that he was making haste to the palace forthwith. Gone were his hopes of spending a day wrapped up in bed. He was riled and someone would have to pay the price and it could hardly be [member="Thais Kallisto"] and it wasn't going to be Toby that left only Nima, she was sprawled across the floor at the end of the bed one arm clutching her stomach the other stretched out in exhaustion. He returned to her stepping onto her outstretched hand grinding it into the stone until he heard a satisfying crack and an exhilarating scream. then he left her crying into the slabs and returned to Toby.

He trailed his hand down toby's jaw how it pained him to leave the slave alone. "I need to go, you stay here I'll be back soon" He sighed lifting his hand from the slave's face only to have it caught in the slaves grasp as his eyes fluttered open from semi-sleep to alertness. "You wanna' come?" Crix asked with a smile, a kiss was pressed to his hand in reply. That was a yes then. "Fine" He laughed eyes softening until a cry permeated the air. His gaze hardened again, he snatched his hand away "Nima kark off your whining is grating" He growled and stormed off to dress.

He arrived upon the princess's doorstep a while later toby nuzzling against his shoulder as they waited at the door, he did so hope that it would be a worthy event to have dragged him up. If the amount of crystal around was anything to go by he could expect to make some good money but sometimes looks were deceptive. he knew that well and indeed often relied upon it to lure in new stock.

The double doors opened, and Crix was admitted inside by two Palace Guards. Napo met him in the long palace entry-way. As one would suspect on a planet whose exports were crystals, the entire palace exterior and interior was made from the material which appeared brittle but was deceivingly strong.

Even Napo, the Gutretee, was made of a crystal material, a truly bizarre blend of animal and mineral.

"This way Master Merit," he said, and he ushered Crix and his slave boy to a sitting room. Luckily the furnishings were soft and not made of the clear rock that was abundant everywhere he looked.
After a long spell, Napo announced that the Princess was ready to see him. Palace Guards came in before her and then the tall, lithe human entered. Dressed in a long, silk gown with the proverbial crown upon her head (also made of… you guessed it, crystals), her hair was severely pulled back from her forehead and swept up in the back.

"Mr Meriet, I hope you're well. It's been a few years since our companies have done business, has it not?"

She appeared incredibly young for a mining CEO, and as though she could read his mind, she explained:

"I would still be an heiress to the Kallisto Mines if not for the untimely death of the King and the Queen at the hands of Gutretee rebels. I am the youngest executive on Isis, but please don't let that deter you."

With a cold, unsmiling gaze she finished: "I have nothing left now but these mines." She anemically waved her hands toward the window as though her grief and sorrow over her parents' murder left her almost incapable of a complete gesture.

"I called you here today because I am being forced to replace my workforce and I have thirty days in which to do so."

She clasped her hands in front of her gown and awaited the slaver's response.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

Crix didn't acknowledge the guards who admitted him, they were below him. He just moved into the palace with head raised, eyes subtly flashed around. He felt as if he had fallen through the looking glass, it was rather disorientating being surrounded at all sides by crystal.

Then an abomination materialised, a creature of crystal and flesh. It caused Crix to recall the time he'd had spice in high school, not a nice memory to be dragged back up.

"But of course" Chris replied to Napo avoiding eye contact, focusing instead on Toby. He was glad the slave had insisted , well sort of, on coming along at least his beauty detracted from the tacky surroundings. none the less he followed the walking spice trip into the reception room. He was relieved to see real furniture. He made a beeline for a chair Toby crawling alongside him as he once again ignored the crystalline slave. Where he alone the wait for the princess might have bothered him but this time he was pleased for the wait it gave him more alone time with Toby , His Toby. Afterall the only other occupants of the room where a slave and a guard and they were less than nothing.

He was a touch disappointed when the queen arrived. Not that it showed he was the epitome of politeness he rose, hands behind his back, he bowed as the princess regent spoke, Toby pressed his nose against the ground next to his master, it would not do to look an unknown master in the eye. Polite without fail, that was him.

"Your Grace, I survive. I trust you are also well It has indeed been a long time since our families did business, indeed my father was still fit enough to travel the last time "

He looked at her youth, she did indeed look far too young and as such Crix expected to have little difficulty getting over the odds for whatever she wanted with him.

He feigned sadness at the announcement that her parents were dead, it seems she was not well at all "My mother and father will be saddened to hear of that news, father always spoke so highly of your noble parents ... It is always the good and noble who the barbaric savage first, you have my condolences" It was deaths like these that justified slavery. The king and queen may have fallen to his bad graces by virtue of overindulgence but to know that they were savaged by their own slaves was disturbing and he would never wish that upon anyone.

Crix merely nodded in response to her continued grief. She was verging on over egging things now, of course this went unexpressed. "I trust that with time you will restore all that was stolen from you and yours " except of course her parents ... they were dead and desecrated. Whilst he was sympathetic and appalled one had to be pretty stupid to get killed by their own slaves.

He tilted his head at her request ... well demand ... 30 days, did she think him a miracle worker? He could do it but it was a tall order "Thirty days now that will be difficult, that said i can get it done but it will need to be more expensive than usual" He looked down at Toby "My suppliers you see ... they are leeches any excuse to spin me a yarn" He glanced down again the slave was still face down ... so obedient. He had prostrated too long.

"Your grace I must beg your forgiveness, it completely slipped my mind to refer you to my slave Toby, He is my Pride and joy the finest slave in my little empire" He didn't really care whether [member="Thais Kallisto"] wanted to know his name he just wanted his Toby comfortable again. He knocked Toby lightly with his foot to tell him he could lift his head. The slave complied but kept his eyes downcast. Crix need to whip something urgently , burn off some anger.

There was an interesting display of power going on in front of her. Princess Kallisto didn't have much contact with the galaxy outside of Isis, so with keen interest, she watched how Crix Meriet treated his slave, and in turn, how the youthful slave behaved. She nearly opened her mouth to tell the slave to rise, but what good would that do? He was better off knowing his place as the slaver had taught him.

"Thirty days are all I have," she said, her expressionless brown eyes boring into him. While the Princess did not leave her palace much, she had been trained at a young age to show no trace of empathy or excitement, except to those closest to her. "Otherwise the government of Neskroff will close the mine until I have freed all of the Gutretee." Napo turned his head towards Princess Kallisto, but she did not blink nor look back.

With a shove of his boot, Crix Meriet introduced Toby, his slave and attendant.

"A fine specimen," said the Princess as though he were an animal in an exhibit. "How long has he been with you?

She glided over to the large window and gazed again upon the dazzling expanse of crystal mountains and spires. She could think of no other place that was so magical! Despite all of the tragedy in her young life.

"And when you're ready, let's discuss the kind of slaves I need," she said, turning to the slaver again.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

The power on display was indeed great but who held it? that is the pertinent question, The princess regent had her guards, she could kill anyone in the room without fear of repercussion. Did that give her power? Perhaps but she also had a clock on her power and she needed Crix to get her slaves to insure that power. Perhaps then Crix was the most powerful man in the room, he had the promise of slaves to control [member="Thais Kallisto"] and the whip to control Toby ... however he could never bring himself to use the whip on his Toby. Thus was it a slave then who had the most power in the room? an odd notion. He did however hold sway over Crix and by extension the Princess but he was mute. Power is such a fickle thing.

Crix watched Thais with a veiled bemusement, her lack of emotion such a well trained piece of porcelain. The picture of regal humility. He caught the turned head of the Gutretee slave at the statement of the government's demands, was that a request for freedom? Crix would ensure that the slave never got it even if just for his own sordid satisfaction.

'A fine specimen' He almost spat. How dare she talk of him in such a way? who did she think she was? He was angry, Livid even but he never forgot himself. In swan like fashion his face showed nothing of the torrent going on beneath the water as it were. "He pleases me" came a smooth reply as crix teased the back of Toby's ear "He has belonged to my family for all of his 26 years, he has served me directly in some respect for nearly 16 years "

Crix hugged toby head to his thigh as the princess turned, tugging gently at the slave's hair before leaving him to follow the royal to the window. looking out onto the planet, the whole damn thing looked like it had been designed by a four year old pageant girl on spice. How did the princess stand it?

"The slave who met me at the door, do you wish to keep him even after his kind are emancipated?" Crix asked quietly under his breath " If so ask the government to set up a penal servitude program then leave the rest to me, such a program would greatly ease the burden upon us both" He added.

Penal servitude would ensure a steady supply of fresh workers to supplement the permanent slaves Crix procured.

Even though Thais's porcelain façade was difficult to crack, it didn't mean she was immune to emotion. And as their conversation progressed, she mused that there was something a little sinister about Crix Meriet.

And how he shows such fondness for his slave! Perhaps a bit too much, she thought.

But their relationship was not her purview.

"Napo?" she asked as Crix placed himself next to her at the window. The guards didn't move, but they were watching as was the Guretree himself.

"The government order said all Gutretees must be freed…," she trailed off and then lowered her voice to match his. "But he's been with me since I was a baby. I don't know what I would do without him. I believe him to be loyal to my family." But her face finally flashed a little doubt that let Crix know she was very unsure whether her trusted attendant would stay with her if he was granted his freedom.

"I don't know if the government is open to this penal system of which you speak, Mr. Meriet. The governor himself, who is human, has grown extremely corrupt and influenced by outside interests. And obviously the leaders of the Gutretee Rebels have his ear.

She locked eyes with Crix for a moment. The Princess didn't entertain too many off-world visitors and there was a certain charisma to the slaver, despite the pernicious undertone about him. This time she spoke in a whisper, almost faltering at first.

"If I could stage a coup, I would. But I don't have the resources or manpower."

It was dangerous to talk of such things openly to a business partner she barely knew, but again, she trusted that he serviced her family, and naïve as it was, that was enough for her to confide in him.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

"Napo" Crix repeated back, he didn't care for the slave's name it was unimportant all that mattered was that to Crix's eye the slave was just waiting for the chance to bolt.

"The government is making an opening play " He replied almost silently "return, make them look up and listen are you not their monarch?" He frowned at her naivety, there was no such thing as a slave who was just loyal. His toby was loyal because Crix treated him like a lover not a slave. He could tell her she was a fool though so he just pursed his lips.

"A human governor you say, That is promising his corruption is perhaps to our advantage " A corrupt man was by definition corruptible they just had to incentivise him " You just need to find a way to appeal to him ... invite him and a few others for an impromptu dinner in a few days time and we will get him onside, I think if you concede to release the slaves early he will give you your prisoners and your attendant" He added the last bit almost silently. If such a concession were not made Crix had ideas of how to force it.

He met her eyes when she turned to him, a coup. She almost seemed too plain to engineer something so massive as a coup. "A Coup would be ill advised I think your grace, the fact they are talking to you not removing you suggests they value you, you can use that"

He would not betray her yet, that would be bad for business.

The pale monarch's well-groomed eyebrows furrowed. Thais made a dismissive noise, but did not disagree with the slaver. Princess Kallisto also wasn't about to tell Crix Meriet that she was not the ruler of Isis, but merely a figurehead. There was an elected governor, which is why she suggested a coup. A military coup could actually put her in the seat of power, but she held no sway over the Isis military, and due to her pro-slavery beliefs, was not a popular figure in the media.

She did, however, churn out an enormous amount of minerals and ore. The Kallisto Mining Company was integral to the planet's healthy economy which is why the Kallisto family, if not revered as she had hoped, was tolerated.

But she listened to Meriet, almost hypnotized by his advice. Even when Napo raised his hand to interrupt, she said, "Shush" and made a motion to the slaver to continue. His council was valuable to her. She may have been rich and powerful beyond her young years, but she lacked maturity, and occasionally common sense. Luckily her advisers saw to it that no wrong moves were made, but Isis was on the precipice of this new intolerance towards her practices and her profits. Desperate times...

"I like your ideas," she said, with a hint of emotion finally. "A banquet for the governor... and perhaps I let the capital tax my organization. Much more than they already do." The wheels were turning now, greased by Crix Meriet's clever ideas.

The use of slaves ensured that Kallisto Mining Company was nearly all profit. Perhaps if she shared some of that profit with the government both of them would benefit?

"Speaking of a banquet... you've come this far. Will you stay for dinner?" she asked, wanting to hear more ideas from this cruel yet captivating man.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

It was immaterial whether [member="Thais Kallisto"] had any real power or whether she was purely ornamental political upheaval was a great excuse to garner power. it didn't matter that she was hated if people didn't hate her enough to remove her or indeed if she had enough powerful people in her pocket. She just had to convince them that she was more of a threat out of power than in it. Of course it would be impertinent to say such things, it was better just to guide them to happen.

He smiled a little when the slave was hushed, he couldn't help it. It was a sign that he was worming his way into her inner circle. "I think perhaps, your grace that we should go somewhere away from prying ears ... loose lips sink ships after all " He whispered tipping his head at Napo.It was important to so doubt amongst the hope after all for one to rise another must fall. The slave might be a traitor afterall?

It was good to see the porcelain facade fall away from the royal as she expressed approval for his idea "A wise move your grace, in my experience people of this kind like to think they have struck blows so give them 'concessions' and they may well give you what you want if they think you're losing out." He spoke softly leaning in "I think the mine might be due an accident in a few days to prompt such a banquet and indeed to cause your heart to bleed and release the slaves early ... perhaps in 15 days, I can have a sufficient workforce to keep the mine going by then and if you get your prison slaves then all will be well "

Talk then moved to dinner, a good topic Crix though "It would be a pleasure your majesty" He smiled "Perhaps, if I may be so bold, can a room be made up so that I may freshen up and ... deal with a matter before dinner?" he had after all come so very far and it was always fun to slip crude topics into polite conversation. Dinner would be an excellent time to weasel further into her favour maybe then he could drop the humble act it was so very taxing. He glanced over to toby and smiled, the slave smiled back then looked down again.

Doubt flickered across Thais’s pale face like the intermittent prisms of rainbows cast across the sitting room, in part because of the sunlight reflecting off of the multitude of crystals outside.

The Princess was bred to be paranoid, especially over an assassination attempt, for a myriad of obvious reasons, so the thought of going somewhere more private made her pause. However she understood what Mr. Meriet meant.

“Napo, please wait outside the sitting room."

The Gutretee left the room, and with him, the vacuum of suspicion. Princess Kallisto visibly slumped with relief.

“An accident at the mines would not be conducive to profits,” she said, straightening her spine and composing herself. “But the idea is unusual enough that I may consider it.” Her eyes unfocused briefly, lost in thought and then a slow smile crept to her face. “An early release for the Gutretee slaves would certainly be a surprise to the governor.”

Her brown-eyed gaze landed back on the young slaver. “Oh of course, Mr. Meriet.” She walked back over to the sitting room entrance, the guards still unmoving, almost as if toy soldiers and called her Gutretree attendant back in.

“Napo will take you to one of the guest rooms in the palace. Anything you need, just ask.” She turned to the crystal faced alien: “Please inform Miss Janine that we will be having guests for dinner.”

Napo faced Crix Meriet, not looking at his slave, and beckoned him to follow. After winding their way through a truly luxurious crystal palace, he was taken to a private room, eloquently furnished, with a refresher in which to get ready.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

Crix smiled as Napo was ordered out. Build the web and catch the fly. His dislike for the servant was not the reason behind his attack. This was purely business, the slave had to act in a rash fashion if the good princess was to retain him . Part of that was the creation of tension.

"such a clever slave" Chris remarked once Napo was gone "Perhaps he ought to be given dinner off tonight Majesty ... If I may be so bold of course" he added with a bow.

Respect where respect was due. His blowing cold had worked if the princess's state was anything to go by it was time to blow at a different temperature.

He visibly frowned as she rambled on about her profits, Profits were not the short term issue. This woman was plenty wealthy. "Neither excellency is a protracted three way civil war or worse still a two way one, the people need a tragedy to unite them and drag you up to the table" He stepped close to her again "They need to see you cry without it being seen as weakness the day before the accident have an envoy leave a memo to the governor emancipating the slaves early in a public place. Then after the accident confirm the memmo as authentic and cry tragedy and waste, mourn the whole shebang. Then the dinner and put the claws in this will be putty in your hands majesty ... putty" Then she moved off to recall the servant "I'll elaborate at dinner, I thank you for your hospitality majesty" he bowed low for [member="Thais Kallisto"] this time.

The slave 'Napo' Returned and Crix moved back over to toby "Come now Darlin," He whispered before he pulled his slave to his feet and followed her slave.

"Napo, isn't it? " Crix asked as they neared his room, without letting the slave speak he continued "I just wanted you to know I think your excellent and loyal no matter what her majesty might think" He let that stand for a moment then surged forward into his room "Darn that was wrong of me I have said too much, I'm so terribly embarrassed" he gushed before slamming the door in the walking rock slaves face. having tugged his toby instead. "Score one to Meriet" He hissed punching the air. Toby looked up with a sweet smile.

Crix smiled back "You've been so good My dear toby, so good" Crix sat down on the bed beckoning toby over to him "Why don't you go run us a nice bath, you must be pretty achy from kneeling so long, I'll take care of that" Toby nodded and crix smiled. He regularly contemplated freeing the slave but fear of losing him was too much. he couldn't entertain the thought not without a heavy nausea setting in. He loved his top slave to much. with tby gone to the refresher Crix took a proper look around. A nice place but was there any surveillance, he would ask at dinner ... it would surely matter dearly to the governor. Plotting could wait he had a bath to take.

He stepped into the refresher and shut the door and that's all we'll say on the matter.

"Giving Napo the night off?" Thais asked, as though the suggestion never occurred to her. Well, this was certainly a strange request coming from a slaver. Still, she knew the Gutretee's appearance did take some getting used to. Perhaps Napo's strange crystallized face was a bit... unappetizing?

Yes, she needed to keep her guest happy and not upset him as they were trying to relax.

"As you wish," she said. When the young, blonde-haired slaver came closer, she leaned in to hear his hoarse whisper, close enough that he could smell her floral perfume. Thais listened intently to his advice, the balance of power shifting. He was so sure and confident of this plan... was there a catch somewhere? She smiled weakily, nodded and said, "Very interesting. I do wish to hear more once you are cleaned up and ready for dinner."

Once Crix Meriet was out of her site, she paced the sitting room for awhile in solitude, mulling over everything he had said. He was certainly full of clever ideas! But there was something still a little off-putting about him.

But no matter now, she would also need to get ready for dinner.

Making her way upstairs, her ladies-in-waiting in her own boudoir, Thais began to head towards her room, but stopped. Like an unwanted rat in her own castle, she crept around to where the guest rooms where and located the one that Meriet had been escorted into. Napo was waiting there, saw her and began to speak, but Thais put a sharp finger to her lips to silence him.

The Crystal Palace was woefully bereft of communication devices due to the crystal's disruption of electronics and magnetics. So the Princess put an ear to Crix's door and listened for a few moments, not really knowing what she expected to find. Once that yielded nothing, she eventually peeked into the keyhole, blushing slightly at the fact that she was intruding on his privacy.

But again, this was her palace and her livelihood at stake. She would do what she must, even if it meant eavesdropping on the slaver as though a jealous lover.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

The refresher door opened just as [member="Thais Kallisto"] peaked into the key-hole. Chrix was cleaner than when he went in and toby was falling asleep on his feet as crix led him out, so all in all a successful bath. in a preservation of what modesty he had, having been unable to find the switch to turn the lights in the refresher on, the pair did have towels on. Crix's folded over at his waist ala billionaire playboy. Toby all but swaddled in his towels ala babe in arms.

If Thais had come for plots she would be sadly mistaken, Crix wouldn't soil Toby's sweetness by marring his innocence with direct talk of plots.

She would however find confirmation of his weakness that being a love for toby which superceded anything else. Crix sat toby down gently on the bed before making a move to kiss his slave, when he caught himself in Toby's eyes however he stopped and took a sharp intake of breath. His hatred and anger from earlier vanishing as if by magic. Never before had Chrix seen anything so beautiful and to his mind never would he again. If he were be to struck blind at this moment he wouldn't care. Lost in his thoughts he did not see his slave lean up to kiss him instead. He felt it though and all he could do was sigh contentedly.

"I love you" Crix mumbled.

By the power of handwavium a holdall containing Crix's clothes and personal effects appeared at the foot of the bed. This was convenient as such a holdall had never been mentioned prior even during Crix's pre bath escapades . Nonetheless by the power vested in the thread the holdall was there and the lack of prior ention was unnoticed.

Crix looked up "now how about we get you dressed Darlin" Chris cooed before standing up and walking over to the holdall and producing two pairs of Pajama bottoms. putting a pair on himself, away from [member="Thais Kallisto"] 's prying eyes of course. Then he returned to Toby to dress him also. That was another point that differentiated Toby from the other slaves they all wore rags he didn't he normally wore cast offs from Crix's own ever changing wardrobe but occasionally Crix would just buy him clothes. these Pj's where from the second source.

no doubt by this point the princess had become bored of Crix but if not well the she would hear and indeed see Crix and toby lay on the bed with Crix rubbing tobys aches out as he whispered sweet nothings about all the things he loved Toby more than the highlight reel included Nima, Ropo's and The sky. Crix started at Toby's feet and working up along his legs and back finishing by rubbing the aches out of \toby's neck. It was all very mushy and notably boring.

This would continue until Toby fell asleep and then Crix got dressed ready to go down to dinner.

The Princess glimpsed more than she had bargained for through the keyhole. In fact, some of it was quite the education for her as she was fairly naïve to the intricacies of relationships between the sexes. And in this case between the same sexes.

She lingered probably longer than she should have until Napo cleared his throat. By the maker, she forgot he was standing there!

“Your Highness, I…,” he started.

She whirled around and slapped him hard on the face with an open palm. Shock and hurt flashed across his features. The Princess said no more but strode down the hallway to get ready, Napo trailing after her holding his face. She noticed a cut on her hand where she had caught a jagged edge of the crystals which grew from his epidermis, but the pain was minimal.

When Crix came down for dinner they would see a large banquet table adorned with candles and flowers in an ornate crystal centerpiece. Since Isis’s surface was primary crystals, most of their food was imported in from nearby planets. Four palace guards stood in each corner of the room. Servers and chefs moved to and fro with various dishes as well as glasses of liquor.

On display were meats, fruits and vegetables from across the Anoat sector, including cooked Drutash grubs, which were considered a delicacy on Sullust.
Princess Kallisto sat alone at the head of the table, a goblet of crimson wine in front of her. She wore a long orange, strapless gown with her hair swept up and mutli-colored crystal chandelier earrings.

“Mr. Meriet, please join me,” said Thais with little trace of emotion again, although her eyes bestowed a knowing glance based on what she had seen in the guest room.

“I hope the accommodations are to your liking,” she said. He would notice a small white, bandage on her hand that wasn't there before.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

Crix heard nothing of the ruckus outside. Had he he would no doubt have smiled, going around slapping slaves for speaking ... that was bound to cause trouble. Trouble was good for him and his wider goal and whilst it would be unpleasant the princess would benefit also after all if her slave got too riled he might attack. An attack which would surely result in arrest and then he could be returned to slavery under his proposed penal program.

None the less he dressed himself, selecting an ivory colour as his own image, clean and classic it seemed safest not too drab whilst not being ostentatious. He left toby sleeping on the bed. It seemed cruel to the save to drag him up to watch others eat and cruel to [member="Thais Kallisto"] to bring his slave having asked her not to bring hers.

The dining hall was positively decadent. It appeal to his ego that was plain but he couldn't help but see it as a tad unnecessary and most wasteful. He of course said nothing his slightly open mouth the only real expression. Perhaps the the setting was not so decadent on Isis where one couldn't walk three paces without seeing a crystal but it was something of a culture shock to him.

That was to say nothing of the food, you could feed a family on this. Once again the wide showing appealed to his ego and once again he said nothing. He was glad he hadn't brought Toby though the slave might have fainted at such a sight, there was more food on show tonight than most slaves of his saw in a year.

Finally his attention passed onto his host. The picture of austere decadence . But there was something different this time, in her eyes a knowing glint. He had been caught perhaps? Oh how fun ... or not, he did so hope she didn't use such knowledge. to do so would break him. He was going to need a drink ... a strong drink. Echoing her he picked up a glass of red wine from a server on route to the Princess.

"Majesty" He greeted her before taking a gulp of his drink. "I thank you once again for your hospitality, the accommodations were most ..." He began but then he was caught on what to say next. The word that sprang to mind was erotic but that seemed inappropriate, he supposed he could say comfortable or dare he go there nice but both of those were just so dry " ... Pleasurable" He added as he sat down on the Princesses right side. If he was caught out why not be just a touch coy.

"Poor Toby almost fainted ..." nothing to do with the room mind but she needn't know that " ... It seems your grace had an accident also nothing major I trust?" He said with a false concern and referencing her bandaged hand. Now how would a pampered royal cut her hand? That was an interesting thought, it could hardly be from manual labour.

She had to admit Crix Meriet looked resplendent in the pale ivory color that he had chosen to wear. She also mistook his astounded impression at the display of food and drink as appreciation. Princess Kallisto smiled back, finally pleased with how everything was turning out. If her guest had a little dalliance with his slave, well it was his business. Curious… but his business, Thais, she told herself.

He sat to the right of her, which didn't deter the Princess. She wanted to bend his ear more on the ideas he had for her mining empire. And of course, what she could do for him in return.

"An accident…" she muttered, puzzled for a moment and looked down at her hand, nearly forgetting her wound. She laughed softly, a dulcet, youthful sound. "Crystals," she said, shrugging. "I'm sure you understand that they can cut as much as they can dazzle."

She noticed Mr. Meriet's lust for drink and sipped her own wine to keep pace. But already, it was going to her head. Princess Kallisto had a thin frame and didn't drink very often, but this was a special occasion. She had a new partner to entertain!

"So I've thought about it, and you have me sold on an… accident as the catalyst for appeasing the governor." Her face wrinkled momentarily, creases of consternation and not old age like her parents.

"But I would like to hear more about this penal servitude program of yours. And if that is truly something we could establish here on Isis to help the economy." As a server came by with food, she waved it away, preferring to not eat until business was concluded. "And if you are willing to establish it here on Isis, how would that work, exactly?" The Princess clasped her hands together and set them under her delicate chin, ready to listen to Crix Meriet's schemes, which could benefit the both of them.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

If Dalliance was Crix meret's business, well then business was booming. two hundred slaves of age in his 'facility' at the moment at least half had seen the ceiling of his private chamber as it were. It was always Toby and to a lesser extent Nima who he went back to. Dalliance was one of his only vices and he indulged to excess on life's supply. Nevertheless his private life was mercifully not the topic of discussion.

Crix smiled as he waited for the cogs in [member="Thais Kallisto"] 's brain to work once again. catching the hint of confusion playing across her eyes until she remembered 'Oh yes I cut my hand , Oh golly'. He could only thank whatever gods there were that he was a touch faster on the uptake. He thought all of this behind a concerned smile. She went on to describe just how dangerous the crystals on everything where. He frowned, he would say it was concern but in truth it was sheer disbelief, where these people dropped on their heads as children. They deserved everything they got if they insisted upon placing sharp things on everything. He had thought it before and would think it again, Isis was straight out of the mind of a pageant girl on spice. "Well I hope it heals soon" He said thinking that such words would best summarise his feeling on the matter.

Then after a drink talk moved to more interesting matters. It seems the princess was finally sold on a mining accident. That was good, things would have gotten awkward if she had reasoned that the accident was proposed purely so that he could get his kicks. Which of course it clearly wasn't, The public good was paramount in Crix's mind.

She turned the food away and pressed him to talk about the penal program. She turned food away ... she invites him to dinner, shows him an array of food then turns it away? granted it was practical but ... he was safe to say astounded. he did however look deep in concentration. "Apologies majesty, I had to aline everything in my head" he began with a slight smile, he placed his glass down on the table and tented his hands. "Without being specific a proportion of your prison population would be brought from prison and placed in a sort off slave state with you or indeed anyone else who buys into the program. It would be of benefit primarily to you and your kind who get free labour and a constantly revitalised workforce in exchange for a pittance of extra tax and the government solves the issue of overcrowding in prisons"

he locked his fingers and moved on to how it would work "Obviously subject to the government's wishes I see the program working as follows, the rich like you and yours will pay x amount of money to the government to be registered as a 'workplace rehabilitation patron' or something of that regard and then prisoners will be either asked or told to come work for you possibly with the incentive of a reduced section. Then every month or so new prisoners arrive at your mine to supplement your workforce and replace those slaves or prisoners who die or get released" A simple solution to a simple problem "Of course as I said the specifics will be down to the government"

now mayhaps he could eat, looking for the light in the refresher had a habit of making a man hungry.

Princess Kallisto sipped her wine as she listened to Crix Meriet explain the penal slave colony, or whatever it was called. She nodded along with him and finally said, “Yes, yes! I like it very much. In fact, I like this idea much better than the accident.”

She jumped up out of her seat, goblet still in hand. Her gown made a swishing noise as it trailed along the floor behind her. Pacing was a nervous habit, but it helped her think. Especially since the wine was beginning to take a toll on her reflexes. I’m going to need to eat something soon, she mused. What would Mr. Meriet do to entertain a drunken Princess? That would certainly not be becoming, now would it?

“I apologize for being so indecisive, but Kallisto Mining Company’s image is very important to me. An accident would tarnish its reputation.” Frankly, not many galaxians outside of Isis knew of the corporation but in Kallisto’s mind. it was the sun around which her own planet revolved around.

“Unless the accident was not actually an accident but sabotage,” she said. As she sat back down, Thais attempted to put her glass on the table, but it spilled. Luckily a servant lunged over with a towel, before the rivulet of wine made its ruinous way over to Crix’s ivory suit.

The Princess didn’t seem to notice that her glass toppled over. She looked back at the slaver and said, “I guess at some point we need to discuss our contract. You’ve been so full of clever ideas, but I suppose those don’t always pay the bills. Although I could use someone like you in my inner circle, Mr. Meriet.”

She wanted to see how he would respond to that. If he was willing to entertain becoming a close adviser or, even more ideally, part of her court, paid on some kind of retainer.

“Obviously you’d be able to continue doing your business. You would be more of a consultant to me as and when I need it.”

At this point, replacing her slaves seemed inconsequential, although that needed to happen. But to the noblewoman, Crix Meriet's value seemed to be so much more than hundreds of able bodies to work in her mines.

[member="Crix Meriet"]

Crix smiled she liked the penal colony idea, it seemed he had disuded her on the idea of accident that was a shame what would the public good do now. there would be children weeping from here to the senate house, mainly because he he couldn't have his accident he'd just have to flog someone or a few hundred. Nonetheless her word was the final one "Of course your majesty" he smiled sipping his wine once again.

Then without warning and in a manner as if she had been hit with 10,000 volts she sprang up and began pacing the room. he watched slightly bemused, she clearly didn't drink much, she was slower than before and a touch flushed. No doubt if he had heard her musings his answer would likely have been inappropriate so it was rather a good job he hadn't. For that would have been most unbecoming.

Finally she spoke beginning with an apology, it was a nice gesture but unnecessary. He might have thought her something of a child, who in his opinion ought still to only be worrying about nail polish or other such trivialities, but he did understand that his proposals were quite the undertaking "Fear not majesty I understand" he replied. He was hungry, she needed to shut up so he could eat. "Take all the time you require " he added, neglecting to mention that she waste her own time not his.

Then she moved onto the frankly ridiculous idea of crying sabotage, they were trying to end a war not start it. Then she had the audacity to absent mindedly tip a glass over and almost stain him pink. He almost swore ... almost. Once again who did this woman think she was. He was saved by a servant and in the split second he was obscured his face corrected and as if nothing had happened he spoke "A prudent plan Majesty ... but problems arise over who to lay the blame on, blaming the vile rebels will only prolong the fighting and the government may turn against you ... the accident need not be linked to you I feel it time that your foreman began to contract the transports to an outside source. all it would take is one driving accident in such perilous roads and catastrophe" he found himself gesturing with his hands "Then your highness and her company need only spearhead a road safety campaign and free the slaves and you'll look like a saint" he put his hands on the table "It is however your grace's decision"

Then came the contract his favorite part but it seemed this was to be different. she wanted him in her inner circle. He glanced around, the right hand of a soon to be queen was certainly appealing but it would mean living in this crazy planet. He could stand that "It would ofcourse be a pleasure to serve in your majesty's inner circle but I have a few conditions, what did you have in mind?" he asked head resting on his arm, most of his conditions related toby, he couldn't have just any tom, dick or harry with a whip ordering his Toby around ... not without repercussions anyway. "Would it be purely a you ring when you need me or would provision be made for me to reside with you ?" he asked, it was about time he moved out of his parents house and [member="Thais Kallisto"] seemed as good a roomie as any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom