Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Coryth's Alkahest Amulet

Status
Not open for further replies.
18e773d7532679f0fbebd0d036b947c2.jpg

Image Source: Here. Photographer unknown, but seems a custom jewellery piece.
Intent: To create an Alkahest amulet for [member="Coryth Elaris"] which will help enhance her healing abilities. Like other items made by Phylis, this is a Light Side version of Sith Alchemy items, and helps the bearer enhance one particular skill.
Development Thread: Yes. Amulet made by Coryth and Phylis.
Manufacturer: Phylis Alince
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Personal for Coryth Elaris
Modularity: No, though the chain can be swapped.
Production: Production: Unique
Material: Alkahest Silver – As resistant as alchemised metal. Alkahest Sapphire setting.
Description:
As her understanding of Alkahest grew, Phylis Alince offered to make items for her friends and associates. She had made a ring for Kaida and an amulet for Galina, and now settled her attention on Jedi Master Coryth Elaris. Coryth was something of a healing prodigy amongst the Jedi, and so something to assist her with that was likely to be very useful.

And so, when she came to Tygara after leaving the Jedi Order, Phylis worked with Coryth to make an amulet infused with the Light Side. The construction of this item followed the standard pattern for Alkahest construction.

• Metal of choice put in the furnace.
  • Blood taken from buyer, a small amount.
  • Molten metal poured into mould along with the blood.
  • Phylis uses the Force to bind the blood, metal and Light to almost alchemise the metal.
  • Amulet is cooled and removed from mould, touched up and polished.
  • Desired Light Side Force energy channelled into amulet.
  • Phylis completes the Alkahest and makes the item unbreakable.
  • Buyer attunes with the amulet to bind it to them.

The only difference to that template is that this time Coryth assisted with the steps as she was a powerful Light master.

The result is an item which allows Coryth to focus her healing energies easier. Needless to say this does not mean she can regenerate limbs or heal fatal wounds, but it gives a proportional boost to her talents. Furthermore it allows her to use the Force to calm her patients and ease their pain to allow her to work easier.

This item is utterly unsuitable for combat uses. It requires almost all of Coryth’s concentration to channel the power through the amulet. Thus, attempting to use it in combat would be a singularly unwise move.

Furthermore, calling on the powers of this amulet is extremely taxing. Since healing usually makes Coryth quite weak – and even collapse at times from the exertion – she must be careful how much she uses this item. Using this item at full concentration for healing for more than a few minutes at a time risks exhausting herself to the point of collapse.

As with all Alchemy or Alkahest items the metal has been infused with the Light, making it unbreakable by conventional means. A strong Dark Side Master might be able to disenchant the item if they were able to get it in their possession.

As usual, it also produces a strong Light Side aura which is difficult to conceal. It can also only be used by Phylis or Coryth. Others trying to use it will be unable to as it is attuned to them alone. A Dark Side adept holding or touching the amulet will suffer mild feedback and burns from the Light aura.

As an item, this is a fairly standard Alkahest creation. It assists in one key area, but not massively so. Overuse of the item can lead to exhaustion, even collapse.

Primary Source: Based on a similar theme of other approved items made by this writer here. Otherwise N/A.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon

Starwars Chaos:

WITHOUT DEV THREADS

Phylis Alince said:
Only the efforts of multiple Dark masters or extreme conditions such as a black hole, volcano etc has any chance of destroying this item.

This is a bit out there in terms of how it can be destroyed. Please edit this to a reasonable means. Simply stating that the strands of the necklace are unbreakable is perfectly fine.

This is essence, a talisman of concentration combined with a Sith amulet, and it should have the applicable weaknesses for it.

The Sith amulet of Lord Rin Shuuir could be used to heal grave wounds.
Through physical contact with the talisman, the Sith sorcerer's ability to manipulate the Force was amplified while they focused all of their will on the execution of a desired effect. Concentration talismans were rarely used in battle due to the extreme exhaustion that afflicted the wielder following successful use of the device. Talismans of concentration were crafted in many different shapes, from amulets to pyramids.
Please state the level of exhaustion this can have and its applicable weaknesses in battle, the draining of power, and how long it needs to recharge normally.

Phylis Alince said:
As an item, this is a fairly standard Alkahest creation. It assists in one key area, but not massively so to the extent that Coryth can become or grant immortality. It increases her skills, but it does not make them
I am uncomfortable with the implication that this necklace can boost healing skills just under the line of "immortality". Please edit this to elaborate exactly what it it can do, it's clear limits ( to include the potential of burn out) and what could come after.

WITH DEV THREADS

You have sufficient dev thread for an advanced version of a sith amulet/ talisman of concentration for Healing Force Enhancement that has been crafted using Alkahest.

SUGGESTIONS

This is a nice lightside version of a sith amulet/ talisman of concentration for Force enhancement in healing. However, for something that gives a proportional boost to the wearer's talents, it should clearly state not only the pros but the cons of utilizing such a trinket.

[member="Cira"]

Cira said:
This is a bit out there in terms of how it can be destroyed. Please edit this to a reasonable means. Simply stating that the strands of the necklace are unbreakable is perfectly fine.
Will do, though previous submissions have used that formulation without trouble. I will edit it to something more generic.

Cira said:
Please state the level of exhaustion this can have and its applicable weaknesses in battle, the draining of power, and how long it needs to recharge normally.
It's not really a battle item, and can't really be used in combat. I will edit that in to make it clear.

Cira said:
I am uncomfortable with the implication that this necklace can boost healing skills just under the line of "immortality".
I think I did not properly phrase what I meant here. What I meant to say is: "It assists in one key area, but not massively so, it merely extends the limit of what Coryth can accomplish."
I'll edit this in.

Edits will be made tonight when I am home.

Phylis Alince said:
It's not really a battle item, and can't really be used in combat. I will edit that in to make it clear.
It isn't just in battle, but upon regular use as well.

Typical sith amulets and talisman's of concentration have a top off limit. A large enough use of Force Enhancement can leave a user exhausted and vulnerable. That is why it is not recommended at all to use during battle.

Essentially, there needs to be a top off point. And with that top off point, what happens there after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom