Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscanti Skyline

Amara Zarides

Clones just wanna have fun!
[member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Sirius Nova"] [member="Daniel Imura"]

Coruscant was a city of energy, of progress, of commerce. People from all over the galaxy came here to make their fortune. Unfortunately, there were many people already there waiting to make it through less savoury means.

Art was not something Amara Zarides was an expert at, but she liked to look at pictures, and the more abstract the art the better, because then she could amuse herself making up stories about them.

Right now she was at the reopening of the Galactic Gallery, one of the largest art collections in all known space. There were many valuable artworks here, and many visitors had come to enjoy it…but there were others present who might be interested in experiencing the art in a more commercial way….

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax was many things. A Master of the Force. A ruler. A commander. A warrior and a soldier. But he was other things as well. Most importantly he was human. Well, half human. The other half was epicanthix...but both sides were fully capable of indulging themselves every once in a while. Dax enjoyed art as much as the next person. But, to his dismay, he found that modern 'art', singular brushstrokes that were proclaimed to be masterpieces, were quite frankly pieces of trash. Personally he preferred those small artists, never to know fame, whose every image held a deeper meaning and thoughtfulness within. Some message, or an emotional outlet. Sometimes simply to bring an image or an idea to life. While some would argue that the modern arts had equal, or even a more profound meaning, Dax was certain the meaning or whatever it was was so convoluted and abstract it was lost in the canvas and singular brushstroke.

Those were the thoughts that crossed the Rogue's mind as he sighed in dismay as he stared at an obscenely blank canvas with only a single, you guess it, solitary brush stroke. The young man knocked back the rest of his disgustingly watered down champagne and undid his tie (yes, he had actually dressed up for once) before moving on to the next image. Where was the wondrous paintings of ancient times depicting beautiful scenery, or languid people, or bloody but historically important battles? Only the Force knew...
[member="Amara Zarides"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Sirius Nova"] | [member="Daniel Imura"]

Another man in a dark suit would walk up beside Dax, though his hair was a bit more unruly than he. Daniel stood there, pondering this "art" with a somewhat critical look. He wasn't huge on gawking and staring at slabs of paper and wood filled with paint, but even he had to admit that there were more than a few pieces that jumped out at you. What he saw here, however, it was just.. meh. That was the only word that came to mind at the moment. Then again, who was he, really, to judge? His form of art involved machinery and vehicles, with oil instead of paint, and metal as opposed to paper. As he pondered, he studied the man he'd walked up on, guessing he was having much the same thoughts, by the look on his face. "Kinda makes you wonder what happened to the real artists, huh?", he mused. Taking a glass of wine from a nearby waitress' tray, he took a sip, made a sour face, and set it back down.

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Amara Zarides"] [member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Sirius Nova"]

Amara Zarides

[member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Sirius Nova"] [member="Daniel Imura"]

Amara perused through the collection until she came to stare at a point to the left of the two men not enjoying their champagne.

“Oh, look at this!” she said enthusiastically. “It really speaks to me about the superficiality of modern life and how living it leaves one trapped and lesser compared to the greater galaxy. What’s more, the subtle gradient shift is an indicator of the transitive nature of life. The written message is an insightful and meta reference to the lack of certainty in this troubled galaxy.”

She was referring to a blank wall with a small sign which said ‘This piece removed for restoration. Our apologies for any inconvenience.’ The piece, whatever it was, had been there so long it had a darker tone than the rest of the wall’s paint which had faded.

“Ma’am, that’s not a piece of art, that’s where a piece of art is not,” an usher helpfully pointed out.

Amara snorted. “I liked my idea better, you know,” she said sulkily.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Probably dead with the writers, inventors and philosphers." Dax said to the man next to him. As the waitress passed by him he placed the empty glass onto her tray.

As a woman beside the two man began to launch into a siloloquey about a sign stating a piece of 'art' was moved, Dax looked at her with a rather concerned look on her face. He wasn't quite sure if she was being serious, sarcastic or just really, really dumb. Thanks to an usherer, it turned out to be that the woman was simply sarcastic. A sly smile formed on the man's lips. He wished he coulda come up with something like that to say.

[member="Amara Zarides"] | [member="Daniel Imura"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Sirius Nova"]

"Probably", was Daniel's reply. He stared critically at the "art" for another moment, and stepped back once, getting ready to leave the dreary place. There were other, better things he could be doing with his time. He was stopped however, when a woman off to the side began commenting about a particular piece of art which, when he looked, seemed to be nonexistent. Raising an eyebrow, he had much the same thought process as the man beside him, hoping against everything that she was playing some game. Thankfully, as he could tell by her overplayed emotions and posture, she was. This left a smirk of approval on his face. Clever girl. He decided he'd play at her sport. Moving over in her direction, he stopped in front of the area where the painting had been removed, touching his hand to his chin, as if in deep thought. "No... I personally see it as a manifestation of the soul. Look, how it seems brighter inside than on the outside, as if showing that in all of us, there is a light, even when everything seems dark." His smile didn't go far beyond what it was a second ago, but it was clear he was having at least a little fun here.

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Amara Zarides"] [member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Sirius Nova"]

Amara Zarides

[member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Daniel Imura"]

Amara grinned at the young man who continued on her game.
“There we go, you’re ready to be an art critic! The problem is that no one has the courage to just look at two chairs balanced on top of each other and say that anyone could do that. People say there’s no definition for art, but I have one; if it says something meaningful and 99% of the population couldn’t do it…that’s art.”

Ever the friendly and gregarious sort, she held out a hand to Dax and Daniel in turn.
“I’m Amara, nice to meet you! So what brings you to this rather ornate place? I was hoping the grand reopening would be a little more…spectacular, know what I mean?”

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"My problem isn't that I won't, say anything, its that I don't have anything to say. I'm not quite that clever." the man said with a grin, "This guy though, I'm betting he could write a whole book of satire. I'm Dax." the Rogue told her, taking her hand and giving it a short, firm shake. Letting his hand fall to his side he looked around at the blank white walls with equally blank pieces of art. "And I know what you mean." It was damn near depressing, the level of 'creativity' displayed within the room.

[member="Amara Zarides"] | [member="Daniel Imura"]

Amara Zarides

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Daniel Imura"]

Amara smiled and nodded. “Dax, huh? Nice to meet you.”

“Still, I guess this might be the best they can do, what with the Sith occupation and all. Can’t imagine that the Sith are into art which doesn’t involve blood.”
She knew for a fact that the Sith she had been cloned from liked a good deal of viscera in her ‘art’. Gruesome thought.

It was as they were standing there that an announcement came over the loudspeaker.
“Good day, ladies and gentlemen. The official opening ceremony and unveiling of the art of Lycandus Frier will take place in the central atrium in five minutes.”

Amara made a face. “Sounds important. Let’s go…they might have more fizzy champers there….”

Daniel nodded at the man named Dax with a smile at the compliment. Shaking the woman's hand, he introduced himself as well. "I'm Daniel, nice to meet you both." Taking another inhale of the room that surrounded them, he made a face that said, "Yeah, this place might as well be a yard sale." At the comment on Sith, he shook his head a little. "Oh, you'd be surprised. I knew a Sith who's favorite pastime was playing his guitar. Of course, he was also a fan diving headfirst into lava, so who knows." What he wouldn't say of course, was just how well he 'knew' this particular Sith. That would be a little strange for a conversation starter. At the sound of the announcement, his head lifted to watch where it had come from. "Let's go check out this little party, eh?"

[member="Amara Zarides"] [member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"If that's the worse a Sith has done with you around buddy, feel lucky." the Rogue said, clapping a hand on the man's back as they walked. "I once dated a Sith...yeah, I think I'll stop right there." Yeah, Dax had odd taste in women. Well...Azlyn hadn't been a genocidal maniac, so there was that. One could certainly say that Sith came in many different flavors.

"So...does anyone know who this Lycandus Frier guy is?" Dax asked, "I'm guessing he's dead since most artists don't get noticed till after they kick the bucket, right?"

[member="Amara Zarides"], [member="Daniel Imura"]

Amara Zarides

[member="Daniel Imura"] [member="Dax Fyre"]
“Dating a Sith, huh? I can imagine that ended poorly. Usually they’re not the romantic type. Diving into lava sounds like the sort of things the crazy ones do.”
Being a clone she did not share the memories of her template, but she’d heard some pretty disturbing tales of what her template had done. That didn’t seem like the best sort of thing to mention at this point though!
“I’ve only ever seen Sith in Game of Stars and on the news, so I’m no expert.” Ever the diplomat.

They entered the atrium and found it was well lit and overlooked by galleries above. A small podium had been setup and from there a party was standing by for the speech.

“Never heard of him. But you’re right, artists are only valuable when they’re dead,” Amara declared. “Let’s hope this guy was a bit more creative than Mr ‘Blue Spot on Canvas’.”

At that moment though she felt a tremor in the Force. A warning of sorts. Something was about to happen, she could feel it. Her hand unconsciously brushed the concealed pocket on her jacket where her lightsabre was concealed.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Well uh...ended with me exiling myself, conquering a planet and getting a few friends killed in the process...so yeah, poorly is one way to put it..." Dax said, only half-sarcastic. It hadn't been his finest moment...

Dax felt what the lady did as well. By any guess, the other man had as well. Funny, he hadn't really pinpointed the two as Forcers when he'd met them. Dax's eyes flitted from spot to spot around the room as he reached towards his belt for his saber...which wasn't there. The Rogue began to recall how he'd elected to leave his sabers his ship due to the fact that they weren't very easy to hide, even in a suit jacket. They would've certainly been noticed during the pat down. The Omega Blade on the other hand? Safely tucked away in the inner jacket pocket, behind a long hard case for glasses. An easy way to explain the stiffness of his breast pocket.

For the moment, that knife was all Dax had. Hopefully he wouldn't need it...

[member="Amara Zarides"] | [member="Daniel Imura"]

Amara Zarides

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Daniel Imura"]

The officious presenter was down below. He was preening himself importantly.
“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this special presentation. As you know, the brilliant artist Lycandus Frier passed away in a tragic accident last month. Such brilliance robbed from the galaxy far too early.”
The presenter paused to offer a silent moment of condolence. Amara meanwhile turned to her new friends and whispered “You were right, dead as a stone!” she said gleefully.
“However, Mr Frier left in his will that his final work be presented to the museum should he not be able to do so himself. So we present to you, the final work of Lycandus Frier…Coruscanti Skyline!”

Behind the podium a covered artwork had stood, but now the curtain was pulled away. Mounted on the wall was…something. It was almost disturbing to look at. The art consisted of a simple painting of the skyline of the vast city…but in three dimensions. Amara could not see how it was done, but clearly the frame was not the usual 2D, but had depth.

“What the…” she began.

And then the skylight far above them shattered. Rappelling down were numerous darkly clad individuals, their blasters covering the shocked crowd.
“Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Fear not, this is a heist!” their leader declared grandly, walking towards the uncovered art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom