Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coruscant Nights [Nico]

@[member="Nico Minuro Ike"]

The transport to the lower levels touched down on a unkempt landing pad. Iella had brought Nico to the poor quarters of Coruscant to experience some of the ways of life others have to endure. The lower levels are brimming with all forms of life, from illegal spice dens, drinking places, warehouse of questionable reputation, sex houses and who knew what else. But those areas are further away, this is the residencies of the beings that work within the others mentioned, not because they want to, but because life has sent them on the path in that direction. These people do what they can to survive and feed their families.

They also do not look upon the authorities of Coruscant with any favour, they believe that the officials .. yes the Republic have forgotten them, or simply do not care. This area the local police do not frequent much and in many case the 'law' is take in their own hands. This attitude also extends to the Jedi. And in a way they are right, but the Jedi can not be everywhere, a poor excuse probably, but a fact, this is something for the Galactic Republic to fix.

Iella's long black boots hit the surface of the landing pad and she walked toward the street, there she waited for Nico to join her.

Nico Ike Qarmast

The Wayward of Clan Qarmast
@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Nico looked at her master and gve a nod of her head as she listened to her about the area they were going. She had her robes on and breathed deeply the scent of Coruscants undercity, there was a rot here and she knew it well it was where she had been found some time ago by her cousins. It wasn't a happy memory but they had helped him realize why he hated himself so much and come to grips with it. Now it was all about learning to heal as Nico straightened the jedi robes and checked the training saber with a nod of her ready. "Ready to help out wherever I can master."

They did not have to go far to see the poverty .. the buildings spoke to them of that and the streets. The streets never seem to dry here, always with a dampness on the surface, embedded with toxic waste from all sorts of places that filter down to the lower levels. It is the essence of the place, a physical presence that illustrates the nature of the place. As they walk many beings scurry around like street rats, disappearing up ally ways, like they are scare of being detected for what they are, or ashamed of it. Some give the two stares as they pass, recognising the robes, all clean and perfectly pressed, boots shiny all the signs and markings of the Jedi. Harsh words are spoken softly but with the intent of them hearing .. as to insult.

Iella keeps walking. It is not long before they reach the area, there are beings in the street begging for credits or offer themselves to earn them, both male and female, children used to rob the pockets of passers by. She turns down an alley and comes to the entrance of a building. "We shall go in here and help", she said. Iella enters and before them is a large room, full of all beings seated for a meal, generally the only meal they will have that day. She walks through the tables and to the kitchen area. "No I am hopeless at cooking, but I can serve .. choice a job you would like to do here".

Nico Ike Qarmast

Nico looked around at the people, at the city and the streets as she stayed a little closer to her master and continued to look around. The scents were what assailed her nostrils first with the smell of rot an trash. She tried to breath through her mouth while watching in case any of the ones who were merely talking decided to be more active in their role or insulting. A situation could turn to violence or attempted at a moment notice she had learned many times and this was no different. With a look to her master who led into a soup kitchen, Nico looked at the people while her master explained she couldn't cook and gave a nod of her head. it was something of a small meager talent that Nico could cook some food but not much. "I'll cook if you serve, I have some skill in that." With a smile Nico looked at the others and gave a nod while she went for the kitchen to start cooking.

They had spent a few hours already, Nico preparing meals and Iella doing her best to serve them with a smile. However, there is always being on Coruscant that do not appreciate good will or the Jedi. In the kitchen, one of the cooks had been watching Nico and forming a growing dislike for the girl. This being is force sensitive but life had dealt him a hard blow and his attitude toward the Jedi at a low, in fact he hated them. He is not trained in any way, and not able to conceal his feelings. He had been watching her constantly and had detected something about her that made him suspicious of her. He believe that the girl was hiding something and as he watched .. he was sure this was not a girl after all.

The trickery of the Jedi is all he could but it down to. They had rejected him to join the Order, a Master who he met sensing his attitude and told him he was filled with hate and not suitable for the Order. What did they know? and he hated them more and now there is one standing in his kitchen.

"Hey you! you are going to spoil that food ... ", he approached Nico with a point to argue.

Nico Ike Qarmast

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Nico had spent most of the time while she was cooking remaining quiet unless spoken to and the feeling she got off of the man in there with her was strange. She could feel the anger rolling off him in waves and at what she first thought were leers. Maybe even sexual lusts had become more slippery and twisted. He hated the jedi and she could feel that without actual traiing to do it. Her head turned when he spoke to her and without Iella there for the moment he seemed to have gotten brave or maybe it had worked himself up in his mind to a point of frenzy and now he was that stupid brave large groups got. Either way when he spoke to her she looked up and over at him taking her eyes from the food before speaking and slipping the contents of the pan. "Thanks for that, if you can get one of the serving pans we can get it out to them before it goes cold." Nico offered a smile and let out a breathe checking the food to make sure it wasn't burnt anywhere but made to be eaten. It wasn't spoiled.

Iella could sense the feeling of aggression coming from the kitchen area, it was coming from a force sensitive being present there with Nico. She keep her senses alert to the situation, but could feel Nico handling the being with a calm presence. However, the man was not going to be put off his attitude that easy and pushed his argument further. He hate them, the Jedi that much, he wanted to lash out.

He snatched the plate of food away and threw it on the floor, "That is the best place for that mess", he yelled. He started to move toward her and raised his hand to strike her.

Iella, moved over to the door way to the kitchen and waited. She knew Nico is strong enough to deal with this thug, he would be a mess on the floor himself in no time. But just in case, she waited and watched.

Nico Ike Qarmast

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Nico remained still when he took the food and threw it on the ground. Her eyes flicked back and forth as between the floor and him, then at his raised hand as he came closer and closer. Nico moved back until she felt the stove behind her. The burner brought her back to reality for a brief moment when her hand touched it. That lick of fire, that sear of metal on flesh took the expression from her face, drained the look from it before she raised her hand augmented by the force to grab his wrist and squeeze. Her eyes trained on him more with intent for a brief moment and a flicker of her old life. "That wasn't very nice."

Iella, reaching out with the force to probe the man, sighed at her findings. A being filled with rage over his own lacking ... pity really, he could have been something in the Order, but instead his attitude of the galaxy to embedded within him to be changed or used, in fact he did not want it at all, he loved his hate. Not a powerful being to be even effective as a dark sider. but they are not here for him .. no, Iella is here for Nico and watching the girl now she smiled. There is still fire in her, which feted .. a good thing as far as she was concerned. Iella loved a fighting spirit and Nico has it. They all need to be vigilant of the dark side .. even the softest, gentlest, lightest Jedi has that threat, so no one is or can be judgemental about it.

She moved up into the kitchen and stood next to Nico. "I suggest you get back to your cooking chief, I must applaud you for your fine work you do with these beings in need", she smiled but she is also ready for action if the need arises. The man moved away now, with a scowl on his face, but did not have the nerve to take them on.

The time had come for them to leave. Iella moved out the back door into a narrow alley running along side the kitchen, as Nico followed, she spoke. "Nico, the reason for my bringing down here is that I want you to see that there are beings in the galaxy that do not like the Jedi, I am not talking about our enemies, the Sith and the like, that is a given, I am talking about others. You will encounter them and I want you to meet them with the grace of a Jedi, act to defend yourself if the need arises, but use your head and try and make that the last option. These people you have seen there, some of them look to the Jedi as lights of hope, but it is the ones that do not that we must try and heal", they continued walking back toward the main street.

"I want you to think about your direction, your purpose in being a Jedi, you don't even have to tell me what it is, as long as it is not bad", she smiled. "But I am here to help and guide you on your path to achieve it, train you as best I can, and maybe there might be something you can teach me too. A good teacher has the ability to learn from their students too. You know there is more to being a Jedi then simply putting on the robes or armour and going off to fight the Sith, yes that is important very important but others need our help too, and sometime the Order forgets ... here in our own back yard we have people in need .. and yet we forget them. I want you to remember them, I don't mean you need to come here every day and do this, but from time to time, let yourself be humbled by them, and you can learn from them too".

Iella thought is was time to finish her little lecture, and laughed softly. "Nicely done back there by the way. Now shall we go and get a drink?".

Nico Ike Qarmast

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Nico listened to her master as she let the mans hand go and gave a nod. He backed away while she breathed out the air through her teeth. A breath in preparation for a fight. One she didn't need to have but was almost going to happen until he hand stopped. That had been enough for her though while she walked with her master and gave a nod in agreement and understanding. They were doing the many things a jedi did but there was always more that needed to be helped. She kept walking next to her master and gave a nod again. There was much she was learning but the going off to fight the sith was something she knew very well and something she could handle maybe even want to do in the future. Even teaching her master a thing or two. "Well if there is something you want to learn then I am here master. I still know how to use a beskad or even play the bes'bev. Fight in a battle circle or hunt creatures like on Dxun."

Iella smiled at the thought of the hunt, and even laughed slightly. "I have been in a couple of hunts, and that is something I have skills in to and to be honest I am not sure I want to do that again". However the after party was worth it. The two casually walked up the street toward a Caf Iella had been to before. A small dinner on the edge of a building, where she had met her friend some months ago. She wondered where her friend would return with the two packages she waited on, she could not wait to see her little friend again, and she hope he would arrive safe. Iella had also authorised her friend to transfer some credits into a secret bank account for her here on Coruscant. These credits are marked for an important event that is due any day now. A mother's way of preparing for the arrival of her children. They would need looking after, even though the Order would provide .. Iella did not wish for that, as they would be hidden away to be safe. But it take credits to do that and so she organised around it. A little secret her Syn does not know of.

She walked into the Caf and sat in one of the booths, immediately a service droid arrived to take their orders. "Just water for me thankyou", Iella said. "Nico? what do you care for?".

"Apart from becoming a great Jedi, what is your purpose Nico", she asked, wanting to know more of her, Iella likes her and wants to do all she can to see this through.

Nico Ike Qarmast

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Nico walked with her master and listened as she had to grin at the words. Her master had been on a hunt? A hunt like on Dxun? Or was it just a hunt like with a rifle and some easy prey? In truth when it came to that old mandalorian pride she had to admit. The thought of her master hunting on Dxun briefly flashed and her running from the creatures that could kill you in your sleep. Her smile came though while walking and listening seeing the safe while she got a drink. "Just some fruit juice please." Her face showed much but she turned to her master and listened to the question.

What did she care for? What did she want to do? The easy answer was do what was right and be a better person then others but there was always more to that. There was always more to what was needed as she smiled and took it all in. "I care about my family master, there are a number of Ike's in the galaxy and we are all related. More then that we are all from the same heritage whether we like it or not. I don't know what else to do besides trying to be a good person now and making things right."

"Well that is a good start, family is very important. At the end of the day, they are the ones that truely care about us and the love there is more powerful then even the force", she said. "At least that is my opinion .. most would disagree. For me, it is easy to hate, that in all sentient beings, is innate, as is love, but begin a good person? well that is harder, when at times, when faced with a situation that threatens us or our ideals, it would be easy to just give in to the anger. It is much harder to maintain control and remove the emotions from the situation so you see more clearer to other possibilities". She took a drink now and considered the girl more.

"What things do you need to make right?, if I may ask", this Iella found an interesting turn of phrase and was curious.

Nico Ike Qarmast

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

Nico thought about a few of the things she had done that were terrible. Not too bad, betrayed a few friends to the sith for a pat on the head but really it was just small things that added up to build bigger things. It made her... resentful and distrusting of others. She hadn't done much more to some thing. "I've killed some people, broken trusts. Small things, things that add up over time and weigh you down if you let them. When my cousin found me I was in a bad place but she saved me and brought me to the jedi. Now I am better, hopefully."

Iella's looked at Nico with piercing eyes now. She had described things she had done in the past, revealing much about her experiences .. not just skill sets, but her path at that time. She was not overly impressed by her describing them as 'small' however. Nothing in ones behaviour is small when it comes to ones actions especially if these actions are hurtful to the liberties of others.

She let out a deep breath, "Actions we choose to take, regardless of the path we tread at the time, all compound to make up who we become. Our ways may change but the events remain and they will inform you as a being. However you let them, it a choice you make. There is light and there is dark, for the emotions do not propel someone to the dark side or the light for that matter, it is the choice they make. Consider more on your past, to take someones life is not small, to break trusts is not small, and maybe your attitude regarding this may have influenced your choices".

She took more of her water. "Terrible things can and will happen to you .. to me and to the galaxy, it is your will and your strength that will keep you on the path you wish, it is easy to just .. give in, harder to maintain your direction in these situations and there in lays the way of becoming stronger". She placed her glass on the table. "You may not agree with me, but consider these words as you move through your new path".

"Tell me, you mentioned you wish to be a better person, a better Jedi .. who do you wish to start doing this?".

Nico Ike Qarmast

@[member="Iella E`ron"]

"The same way I was planning to, find a master who can help keep me off spice and other things. Can show me more then just simple anger, that is easy. I went to war, to things never expecting to come home and I did it was the real life that I couldn't handle and we all make choices that lead us up the these moments. Mine was being in that spice den on Nar Shadda, now here learning under you. Where I go next is up for anything but I do hope it is to continue with you forward."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom