Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Coruscant Boogie

Doctor Madoff exited the shuttle craft with a mixture of excitement and chem craving. Always leaving a holo message on any planet advertising his medical and robotic expertise, he sought the shadiest local dive bar to await any potential customers knowing full well his medical services would always be needed in places such as this. Quietly sitting and talking to himself, the doctor passes his time on a holopad trying to create new chemical concoctions or droid replacement parts, often times just blankly staring in the distance...

"Ey, and do me a favor, next time. One of these guys comes in 'ere again, you tell 'em you're with somebody."

The ring-capped finger, pointed toward the large, fleshy face of the Besalisk bartender, might have looked threatening to anyone watching. The speaker, an older human with wrinkled features and twin shocks of silvery hair on either side of his skull, eyed the multi-armed alien with a lopsided grin. The Besalisk took a step back, waving one of his arms, palm out, implying that he wanted to distance himself as far from the conversation as possible... but, clearly unable to do so. The being's lower back bumped into an empty table, and his big mouth opened - displaying a full set of wicked teeth. The Besalisk's beady eyes blinked as he nodded vigorously.

"Yea-yeah. I'll do that. Sure, Vinny."

The older human nodded, lowering his hand.. then tugged the brown leather coat he wore down, adjusting it. The cool mid-day breeze whipping through Coruscant's wide valleys signaled a change in the seasons. "Alright." The silver-haired man said, then turned - glancing throughout the smoky interior of the dive. The few patrons inside the dark, poorly-lit bar all seemed to be engrossed in their drinks; paying no attention to their surroundings or the exchange taking place in the corner.

"Gimme a brew, would'ya?" Vinny said, turning his attention back to the bulbous, apron-wearing alien. The Besalisk nodded, turning to retreat back to where he was safe... behind the stained counter-top where the majority of his patrons were seated. "What-" The besalisk turned, about to ask a question... but Vinny was already moving away, paying no more attention.

Choosing a table further in, Vincenzo took a seat with his back toward the interior - facing the entrance of the bar, where he could easily see anyone coming or going. He'd be easily missable in the darkness, especially as the bright mid-day light outside would blind most folk upon stepping through the doorway. The older man took a seat, propping one elbow up on the tabletop while his right hand rested on the arm of the sturdy wooden chair...

The butt of an M-45 Blaster Pistol was barely visible, tucked into the front of his faded jeans - quick to hand, if called upon.

While he waited for a drink, he casually inspected the room - noticing, at the next table over, a peculiarly-dressed individual sitting alone, browsing through a datapad. Vinny watched him for a second, cocking his head to one side... before leaning forward and addressing the individual with no care as-to the volume of his voice:

"Hey. Has anyone ever told you, you look like a mad doctor?"

The subtle grin on his face might have been well-hidden in the poor lighting.

NurseJDC NurseJDC

The Doctor sits stunned for a moment as if surprised to be spoken to at all, then continues to dabble on his datapad as if nothing had transpired. After several seconds he glanced back up rubbing his blue glowing goggles several times before acknowledging the man who spoke to him. In a moment his demeanor changes from a quiet mumbling anxious man to a calm and collected scientist. Slowly rising from his chair, arms folded behind his back, he approaches the man slowly with a small grin. As he walks towards you, you notices three vials on his left upper arm in some sort of medical arm belt. The vials glow with some unknown concoction. He carries no visible weapons and walks with the confidence of a military commander. He is dressed in a custom made lab coat with the insignia on the arm torn off and wearing a small backpack.

He sits next to the man with a cold look upon his face behind a friendly smile while calmly preparing a syringe from the liquid on his arm placing it on his lap.

"Oh yes, my former classmates would tease me all the time, for many many many years now"

Almost accentuating his older age, the man sitting in front of you has the look of a middle aged man in his late 40's

"But then again, I always did have the last laugh. But please, allow me to introduce myself, I am Doctor Madoff at your service, medical professional, robotic expert and the most exquisite chemist you will find in this system or any other in the galaxy!"

During his entitled introduction he sneakily hides the syringe under the table. You see the moment he introduces his name, barely visible behind the blue glow of his goggles, his eyes begin to move in different directions while the sound of a syringe emptying can be heard from underneath the table simultaneously continuing to speak while his eyes slowly take back there place without missing a beat.

The gangster leaned back in his chair, curiously eyeing the white-coat as the man stood up & approached. With the toe of his shoe, Vinny shifted the chair beside him outward - an invitation to join him - without missing a beat. As the man introduced himself, Vincenzo watched him steadily; deep, whiskey-brown eyes watching as the man filled up a strange syringe from one of the vials on his arm.

"Oh yes, my former classmates would tease me all the time, for many many many years now"

Almost accentuating his older age, the man sitting in front of you has the look of a middle aged man in his late 40's

"But then again, I always did have the last laugh. But please, allow me to introduce myself, I am Doctor Madoff at your service, medical professional, robotic expert and the most exquisite chemist you will find in this system or any other in the galaxy!"

"A Doc, in this dive?" Vincenzo chuckled, clearly undisturbed by the other man's actions. " The name's Vinny. I, uh, certainly hope you're not planning to stick anybody with one of those needles, my friend." He grinned, displaying a set of perfectly white teeth. "What're you drinkin', Doc?"

Out of the corner of his eye, the Mafioso caught the unmistakable lumbering form of the Besalisk bartender & properietor of the joint, Maxx, approaching with a clear glass of amber liquid. Whatever the unusual chemist had just done, Vinny sincerely hoped he wouldn't have to go to work. He really couldn't afford to pay for any more damages to another bar.

"corelli-cola with a splash of hutt spit. The reason I'm here is that there's always work for one with the talents I possess."

he scans the surroundings tables with a renewed vigor analysing the bar patrons while quietly trying to show his interest in this new man called Vinny. Behind his cold eyes the doctor smiles slightly, looking as if his mind is constantly analysing and planning

"And who might you be? You seem rather appropriate for the area"

The Besalisk reached the table, and unceremoniously set the glass mug down, sloshing some of the earthy-smelling liquid on the stained tabletop. Madoff would have caught the Besalisk shoot Vinny a look as-if he wanted to throttle the human, but said nothing. As the four-armed alien turned to leave, Vincenzo's hand shot out - immensely fast - to snatch at one of the sentient's wrists. His fingers closed as tightly as a steel trap, and Maxx turned back, startled.

Keeping his eyes on the Doc, Vinny spoke: "Corelli-Cola. Splash of hutt spit, on the rocks, for my friend here." Then, Vinny let go. With the same hand, he waved dismissively. Strangely, the Besalisk only snarled under his breath & began walking back toward the bar; assumedly, to fill the order without complaint.

Whoever this human was, he had Power.

Still, Vincenzo held the doctor's gaze, unflinching. The Mafioso's brow furrowed slightly, likely evaluating just as he was being evaluated.

"And who might you be? You seem rather appropriate for the area"

"Me?" Vinny pulled a face, then smoothed the front of his coat with an open palm in a manner that implied humility... but was anything but. "I guess you could say that. The work I do is pretty important, around here. That is to say, I keep all the riff-raff out, keep the credits coming in, and make sure everybody plays niiice."

Absentmindedly, his right hand reached down to caress the butt of the blaster tucked into the front of his pants, which would be visible enough. Then, with the same hand, Vinny pointed toward the Doc. "So, you say you make chems? Like, uh..." With a glance around the room, the gangster shifted in his seat and leaned in a little closer, putting both of his elbows on the table. "What kinda chems?"

The way he asked the question, in a hushed whisper, certainly implied he was no stranger to the biz.

The doctor begins describing in great detail the various substances he can mash together to make altered variants of the more standard of drugs such as spice, death sticks, glitterstim etc...But he prided himself on creating a base form of synthetic salts from various sources of natural ingredients, one which possessed high addictive qualities but unfortunately he was not able to curb the duration of the drug as it would put the user in a euphoric state for several weeks. He quietly pulls out a small vial from his white coat, keeping the vial concealed from other bar patrons, he shows it to Vinny.

"This .... This is the future for me....."

The doctors eyes remain fixed on his new creation with a mixture of pride and admiration. He then places it in a napkin and slowly slides it across the table toward Vinny almost theatrically. Paying no mind to the alien bartender for whom his has show no attention or interest.

"But of course, this is one of many......I can't stop really..... my mind needs to work...... creating.... fixing....operating...It's best to keep busy, and it's best to do so with alot of credits in your pocket"

DUFn_plWsAAVj14

Vincenzo settled in, listening as the Doctor began speaking... Absentmindedly, almost as-if he'd forgotten he had a drink at all, the silver-haired Mafioso picked up his glass of ale & brought it to his lips, taking a sip. His eyebrows flexed occasionally, showing interest - even if he had little to no idea what the Doctor was explaining. Vinny was a street-guy... he knew chems, addiction, credits, prices, and how to hustle. Everything else was just big words.

Not that he would ever admit his ignorance.

It was around this time that the Besalisk bartender returned, bringing the Doctor's ordered drink. As the two men shared conversation, both pointedly ignored the alien. Grouchily, the Besalisk set down the glass in-front of the doctor & turned to leave... but not before paying a moment's attention to whatever the item was the Doctor was passing over. Vinny caught the hesitation, and only then looked up at the large mass of flesh with a look that said "Get the feth outta here."

"This .... This is the future for me....."

The doctors eyes remain fixed on his new creation with a mixture of pride and admiration. He then places it in a napkin and slowly slides it across the table toward Vinny almost theatrically. Paying no mind to the alien bartender for whom his has show no attention or interest.

Vinny reached out, accepting the napkin - sliding it closer, and revealing the silver vial. The liquid within brightly glowed a brilliant azure blue, casting a pale glow on the older man's face. Vincenzo's eyes lit up as-if he'd just discovered the cure for mortality itself.

"But of course, this is one of many......I can't stop really..... my mind needs to work...... creating.... fixing....operating...It's best to keep busy, and it's best to do so with alot of credits in your pocket"

Vincenzo picked up the vial, concealing it as best he could from the other patrons in the bar... turning it over, studying it, before placing it back down & covering it with the napkin. With a wave of his hand, feigning only mild interest, Vincenzo asked: "You got a lab? A place to make this stuff? What's it called?"

NurseJDC NurseJDC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom