Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corusca II-class Picket Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Umbris Potestas Est
FLCanberra.jpg

Intent: To drastically modify the Corusca in order to make it worthwhile again.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Subach-Innes
Model: Picket Carrier
Affiliation: Sith/Independent
Modularity: Yes
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Duranium(frame), Durasteel(hull)
Description: The Corusca had proven to be a flop. Though durable, it had very poor weapon systems, and a below average fighter capacity for its size. Thus, a redesign was in order.

The Corusca II began by gutting the interior of the ship. Almost three-quarters of the vessel's various rooms, a large portion of the cargo hold(with quite a bit dedicated now to supplies as well), some crew quarters(requiring more automation), and some passenger space were eliminated or moved to new parts of the ship, allowing for the Corusca II to carry almost twice the fighter load. To increase maximum usable space, fighters are located on an upper set of docking mounts, similar to those designed for TIE fighters, as well as on the hangar floor, letting the ship successfully carry a significant amount of smaller starships. Due to the need for a modified reactor that could fit in the space provided, though, and not wanting to sacrifice protection, a more energy-efficient hyperdrive was added, less power being diverted to the engines and as such making this ship surprisingly slower than the Corusca. This is offset by the shields remaining as durable as they previously were, plus a slight increase in hull strength.

The biggest issue with the original Corusca was, of course, the poor weapon systems. With the missile magazines being removed as a part of the hangar increase, small fusion reactors were installed to provide power to laser cannons that replaced the missile launchers. One small reactor powers each individual point-defense battery.

While this new Corusca is quite well-designed, its battlefield performance is questionable. With a somewhat improved defense system and larger hangar offset by a slow hyperdrive and extreme reduction in speed, the Corusca's fighter capabilities grew, but at the cost of the ship being vulnerable to enemy fire for a longer period of time. One can only see how such a ship will turn out. While designed for the Sith(as a larger, higher capacity analog for the Subjugator), it is available to independent markets as well due to expectations of low sales.
Classification: Capital Ship
Role: Carrier
Height: 155m
Width: 175m
Length: 500m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: SIS-2850m Corvette-Frigate Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor, 8 Generic Fusion Reactors
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 4
Minimum Crew: 50
Optimal Crew: 200
Armaments: 8 point-defense laser cannon batteries(1 dorsal left, 1 dorsal right, 1 dorsal front, 1 dorsal back, 1 ventral front, 1 ventral back, 1 ventral left, 1 ventral right)
Hangar: 60 fighters and bombers OR 36 shuttles and 12 fighters and bombers OR 25,000 infantry and 24 dropships/walker barges
Non-Combative Attachments: Sensors, Shields
Passenger Capacity: 50
Cargo Capacity: 500 metric tons
Consumables: 5 months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 7

I'm not sure what logic you're running on, but I explicitly requested a maximum of 48 fighters. If you had wanted to negotiate or justify more, you should have presented it as a rationale and a request.

In Umbris Potestas Est
My logic was primarily based upon the Subjugator-class Assault Ship, which was two hundred meters long and carried twenty-four fighters. The Corusca-II is five hundred meters long and carries sixty fighters. 500:60 and 200:24 both are a 12:1, the ratio I was working on when i made the modifications for the Corusca-II(which were deleted). I apologize if I've come on as agitated in regards to this particular submission.

Fighter complement has less to do with ratio than it does required space for other materials like fuel/ammunition as well as carrying capacity constraints such as racks and gantries for non-landing gear starfighters. On top of that, you're arguing for a multi-role troop carrier/starfighter carrier that needs excessive changes internally to be able to carry those troops and dropships.

In Umbris Potestas Est
The Subjugator is capable of having its fighter complement swapped out for space capable of carrying vehicles and dropships. I did mention that a large portion of the ship's interior has been removed for hangar space, and I believe that said hangar space could be retrofitted to carry troops and dropships/landing barges in an approximate ratio of said midget relative.

It has been three replies and I still have not seen the edit I expressly requested. 60 is not the 48 I asked for. This discussion was not opened for the purpose of negotiation. I left you instructions and so far, you have seen fit to dally and ignore them. This is virtually the same vessel as prior.

This is denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom