Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cortosis-Weave Skin Grafts

Image Source: CompositeToday
carbon-fibre.jpg

Intent: To provide a much stronger replacement for human flesh that is both flexible and resistant to energy weapons.
Development Thread: If necessary (this tech is part of Dion's background as described in his Character Bio)
Manufacturer: Argo Cybernetics
Model: X-6 (prototype series)
Affiliation: Personal; Argo Space Lab experimental product (not for sale)
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Cortosis-weave
Description: This material is used as an artificial skin graft on cyborgs. The top layer is a flexible, textured mesh of dark carbon-fiber threaded with cortosis alloy, while the subdermal layer interfaces with the body's neurons and allows for the sensation of touch. It is flexible enough to be conformed to any region of the body. The grafts offer superior protection against a variety of hazards: blunt force trauma is distrusted across the weave upon impact, making it highly resistant to bludgeoning damage; slashing attacks have a very difficult time cutting through the durable material, and the texture of the weave naturally deflects incoming objects; energy-based attacks such as blaster fire and lightsabers are conducted by the cortosis threads, and can absorb the equivalent of 3 standard blaster-rifle bolts or one swipe of a lightsaber without damage. Energy absorbed through the cortosis threads are fed directly back into the cyborg's on-board power supply, however, excessive energy absorption can result in the material melting. While the grafts are highly functional, care must be taken to keep the pores in the cortosis-mesh clean and free of blockage; failure to do so may result in infection of the subdermal layer which can spread rapidly along the graft area, as well as inadequate internal cooling.
Primary Source: NA

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Dion Kayl"]. I'll be your judge today.

The base idea behind the sub is very interesting, but cortosis isn't freely available to use in factory submissions:

Cortosis(( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain cortosis ore from any of the following planets: Apatros, Obredaan, Katanos VII, Duro, Bal’demnic, Gallos, Conglomerate Prime, Bespin, UmphathiaOR—suffer a devastating defeat at the hands of a Force User Character written by another writer. ))
If you want to produce the material on a level of Limited, you'll have to do quite a bit of development – 20 quality posts involving mining, a raid, an excavation, or theft should do.

I'd also like you to expand a bit more on the description; what are its strengths and its weaknesses? How does it work?

@mention me with questions/edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"] thanks for your feedback, it has helped me understand the submission process much better. I have altered the description above to emphasize the skin grafts' strengths and weaknesses. Also, I have changed the Production to Unique-- originally I did not have a clear understanding of what to put here, however, on a practical level, this technology is only for this character's use, so Unique seems more appropriate. That being said, how many development posts would be required? The skin grafts are part of the character's innate design concept as indicated in his character bio, but I could post a more detailed version of his background in a new thread that explores the specifics of the technology and its production, if that would satisfy the requirements.

Netherworld

[member="Dion Kayl"]

For Unique, you'd do a 10 post dev thread satisfying any of the above quoted challenges/requirements for cortosis.

Now, keep in mind that dev threads in general don't necessarily have to deal with the creation of the submission (in this case the skin draft), but you can also showcase the sub in action.

Development for restricted materials, however, is a bit more specific, and needs to be done in one of the above ways.

Alternately, you could also arrange to do a thread where your character buys the cortosis from another PC who has acquired it through one of the listed means.

Basically you've got a lot of options. :)

Let me know how you decide to go about the development thread, and feel free to ask if anything is unclear.

[member="Netherworld"] , yes, I am planning a thread in which I will detail a cortosis exchange with another PC; after that, I will plan a solo thread that will showcase this particular technology using the cortosis. I will try to make the exchange thread tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Is that ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom