Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Corsair-class Gunship Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
aTO9wVq.jpg
Image Source: Fantasy Flight Games, but this particular image comes from the wookie.
Affiliation: The First Order
Manufacturer: The First Order
Model:Corsair-class Gunship Corvette
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Duranium Hull, Quadanium Steel Armor Plating, Transparisteel, Alusteel, etc.

Classification: Assault/Raider Corvette
Length: 160m
Width:38m
Height: 34m
Armament:
6 x Mark 50 Mod 1 'Mauler' Turbolaser Turrets
1 x Mk 26 'HARM' Guided Missile Weapon System
2 x Antimissile Octets
Hangar: Can hold 2 transport shuttles
Crew: 88 (Approximately half are gunners)
Transport Capacity: 120 troops and two shuttles, but no large vehicles.
Special Features:

• Communications Array

• Encryption Network

• Escape Pods

• Holonet Transceiver

• Standard Ray Shield Generator

• Standard Particle Shield Generator

• Standard Life Support Systems

• Standard Navigational Systems

• Standard Sensor Array

• Advanced Targeting System

• A-HUDT

• Hyperwave Transceiver

• Tractor Beams
Maneuverability Rating: 8
Speed Rating: 6
Hyperdrive Class: 1.o, no backup to save mass

Strengths:

• Great firepower for a corvette

• Respectable anti-fighter defense

• Very quick and relatively maneuverable, for its size
Weaknesses:

• Weaponry is short-ranged

• Anti-fighter defense focused on one weapon system

• Somewhat fragile for its size
Description: The Corsair is an attempt to make a Corvette that punches above its weight. It is somewhat explicitly designed for convoy raiding and hit and run strikes, and utilizes the newest weapons technology available to the One Sith to facilitate this. The basic layout of the ship is similar to that of the old Raider-class Corvette, but where that ship was built around anti-fighter defense the Corsair is designed to tackle other corvettes, frigates, transports, and even present a threat to cruisers or weakened destroyers.

The ship is very fast in a straight line, nearly able to match pace with some slower fighters. It maneuvers somewhat sluggishly in contrast to its speed, but is still generally a hard target to track with capital ship batteries. Surprisingly, the ship is also designed to carry a company of soldiers, typically for boarding actions or special forces operations. When used purely in a raiding manner, the troop bay is usually empty. It can make the ship deceptively difficult to board, however.

Weaponry wise, the ship is built around the Sith's 'Mark 50' Turbolaser, which gives it incredible firepower at close range but makes it rather underwhelming at conventional engagement ranges. The Corsair depends heavily on its speed to allow it to rapidly close an enemy and keep the engagement there.

For defenses, armor and shields are limited in order to keep overall mass down. While not a noticeably fragile ship, the Corsair is simply not designed to slug it out with another ship at range. Additionally, it's anti-fighter capability is impressive due the HARM Missile Weapon System, but this is also a limitation. The only other point-defense capability (there is no hanger) is a pair of antimissile octets mounted to the rear, and if the HARM system is destroyed it renders the ship extremely vulnerable to attacks from strike craft or missile salvo's.

Overall the ship excels in the role designed for it, that of a convoy raider or hunter/killer, which was good enough for the Admiralty to sign off on the design.

As part of Cyrus Tregessar's defection to the First Order the complete design schematics for the Corsair Gunship were stolen and soon after turned over to the First Order Imperial Corp of Engineers. The ship soon became a regular sight in First Order patrols and battle lines.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: To make a quick and hard-hitting gunship-style corvette for the Sith.
Who Can Use This: Any One Sith personnel.
Primary Source:
Concept from this similarly-armed ship: Warrior-class Gunship
And a canon even more heavily armed ship:
<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braha"href="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braha" tok-class_gunship"="">

Note: I realize the gun count math is off pretty severely, but I think the inherent limitations and weakness listed balance things out. Also yeah the Mk 50 ain't quite approved yet but it's pending and I'm impatient soz.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

Cyrus Tregessar said:
Hangar: None Transport Capacity: 120 troops and two shuttles, but no large vehicles.

Can you list the shuttles under the hangar please? You can list it as 0.5 shuttle squadrons, if you'd like.

Cyrus Tregessar said:
Concept from this similarly-armed ship: Warrior-class Gunship
And a canon even more heavily armed ship:
<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braha"href="http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Braha" tok-class_gunship"=""> Note: I realize the gun count math is off pretty severely, but I think the inherent limitations and weakness listed balance things out. Also yeah the Mk 50 ain't quite approved yet but it's pending and I'm impatient soz.
The Warrior-class Gunship is one of my favorite canon ships, especially its role in the Battle of ILC-905. However, I'd like to see the gun count lowered to something more normal with a typical corvette. While I don't think that the weapons it wields are unbalanced by any means, it's a number issues.

Alternatively, you can keep the weapons numbers as is, but give it an armament rating of 16/20, making it equivalent to an assault corvette in performance.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I don't really do armament rating, but it is definitely intended to be an Assault Corvette as far as numbers go. The hanger is literally so I can justify having it do spec ops/boarding work in non-fleeting threads.

Edit: Made some changes to the basic list of ship features, which I apparently forgot.

Hmm, cant help but feel that neuters the design, not to mention it wouldnt match the pic.

Suppose I drop the concussion missiles? That would give the ship no long range weapons at all.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom