Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Corsair Armor MK1

Status
Not open for further replies.
6a6016420430c312d8c92d46bf1270d8.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent:

~ To create a suit that has multiple roles for [member="Averin An'Arach"]

Image Source:

~ https://www.pinterest.com/pin/71283606571945362/?source_app=android

Canon Link:

~ N/A

Restricted Missions:

~ N/A

Primary Source:

~ Medium Armor

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer:

~ Beskar'ad Inc

Model:

~ Corsair Armor MK1

Affiliation:

~ Averin An'Arach

Modularity:

~ Yes

Production:

~ unique

Material:

~ Armorweave
~ Duraplast
~ Electronics
~ Pyronium
~ Terenthium-Desh
~ Transparisteel
~ Graylite

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification:

~ Multi Purpose Armor

Weight:

~ 10.3kg

Resistances:

~ Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
~ Kinetic: Average
~ Lightsabers: Average
~ Other: Slug throwers and melee blades: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
Helmet:

~ HUD
~ Enhanced Optic Suite
~ Polarizing Visor
~ Comlink
~ Chin Pad
Armor:
~ Thermal Gel
~ Energy Sink
~ Flexibility Underlay
~ Strengthening Underlay Mark IV
~ Salamander System
~ Jump Servos
~ Bodyglove
~ Repulsor Suit
~ Utility Belt
~ Medkit
~ Grav Boots
~ Rocket Boots
~ Magnetic Boots
~ Vacuum Sealed
~ Life Support

Long Coat:

~ Armorweave
~ Reflective Armor
~ Trauma Pad

Right Gauntlet:

~ LG-5 Laser
~ Strength Gloves
~ Wrist Blades
~ Knuckle Vibroblade
~ MM9 mini launcher

Left Gauntlet:

~ Strength Gloves
~ Wrist Blades
~ Shield Gauntlet
~ Gatling Gauntlet

DESCRIPTION

Wanting to branch out into other designs of armor and utility, Beskar'ad Inc had begin designing a different suit of armor then what they were known for. Selecting to create armor that was light and versatile yet still allowing optimum protection they began creation of the 'Corsair' armor suit.

Instead of a suit for maximum protection Kal, and Beskar'ad Inc, began at the basic level. Taking a body glove they began adding layers of protection that utilized several systems and included armor weave and micronized metals. The armor was designed to defect and minimize blasters, slugthrowers, melee, and even concussive blasts while still retaining the ability for the user to be nimble on their feet. The lack of 'true' plate armor however deals an amount of kinetic damage that would otherwise be shrugged off by traditional heavy armor.

The overcoat was a secondary idea that incorporates the use of plate armor to makeup for the suit's lack yet still utilizes very light and sparse plating.

The gauntlets were designed for close, silent combat while also having a few bells and whistles to deal with opposition in a more colorful and less stealthy avenue choice.

Overall the Corsair armor, while not as heavily fortified as beskar'gam, is still an impressive feat of engineering that meets a new selection of clients who wish for a lighter alternative to personal protection.

STRENGTHS:
~ Lightly built the suit allows for optimum mobility and agility
~ Packs a punch with unique additions to the gauntlets
~ The versatility of design allows for the wearer to be on a plethora of battlefields. From planetary to on a starship, to even in space

WEAKNESSES:
~ The lighter armor implies a weaker constitution to attacks implying that kinetic energy can bruise or even break the bones of the wearer
~ While the suit is resistant to blasters, slugs, and lightsabers repeated strikes in a localized area can breach the protective armor resulting in more damage to the wearer
~ While the suit is designed for individual usage the optimum benefits of the suit comes from a cohesive unity and implementation of all facets of the armor. For example: If one were to use just the jacket, the protection is limited to the armor weave and sparse plating that covered the specific areas. Likewise the armor of the body glove lacks the kinetic protection without the overcoat.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
[member="Kal Kandossii"]

If you would mind reformatting your submission so that it is left centre aligned and doesn't have the excess space between the separate criteria.

Thanks.

Haytham Kaze

Kal Kandossii said:
~ Pyronium
You're going to need to perform a restricted mission for this, unless you drop it down to Unique.

Do me a favour and unlink everything that's a hyperlink from wookieepedia / the wikia.

Kal Kandossii said:
Resistances: ~ Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High ~ Kinetic: Average ~ Lightsabers: Average ~ Other: Slug throwers and melee blades: Average
What would constitute as average, or above-average to break through these resistances?

[member="Kal Kandossii"]

Changed to unique
Clarification for the Constitution of strength is actually the 2nd weakness

Also, you said as a "favor". I thought I was supposed to add all links which is why I did. I apologize. But can the favor be I won't link to any more submissions? Because I am posting off my phone and hyperlinking everything took forever. Removing the hyperlinks will equally take forever from my phone.

If necessary I will, but preferably if I could not, that would be great.
[member="Haytham Kaze"]

Haytham Kaze

[member="Kal Kandossii"]

Excessive hyperlinking is frowned upon in the factory. Considering all of your hyperlinks are to wookieepedia, it's excessive. The rules state to hyperlink to Chaos created submissions not link everything possible.

I'm not actually asking you for a favour, the next time you make a submission, don't link unless it's a Chaos Canon submission.

Kal Kandossii said:
Strengthening Underlay
What Mark is this?

Kal Kandossii said:
Repulsor Suit
The purpose of this?

Corrected underlay to MK 4
And the repulsor suit is to aid in movements in a gravity well, utilizing repulsor fields to enhance the rocket boots in flight while minimizing the fuel used by the rockets instead of strapping on a lumbering jetpack.
Also I'll make sure not to go crazy with the hyperlinks and keep it only to Chaos created links.
Thanks and sorry this is taking so long.
[member="Haytham Kaze"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom