Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corporate Sector Authority (WIP)

150px-CSAcolor.svg.png
Corporation Name: Corporate Sector Authority
Headquarters: Lorrd (Sector Three Capital of the Sith Empire. Replaces original Corporate Capital of Etti VI)
Locations:

Operations: The Original Corporate Sector Authority, almost literally had its hand in just about everything there was to offer, back in the day before the Plague. It had innumerable Company's and Corporations under it's affiliation, and it acted as a Government on it's own. Essentially at its Core, the Corporate Sector Authority was a Corporate owned (tyrannical) government that granted free reign to the company's in its territory. Additionally it provided a feasible means to defend these company's (by means of its own Security Police force, and Picket Fleet).

Of course, since then, much has happened and changed. Despite managing an adequate survival through the extra-galactic Invasion of the Yuzhaan Vong, there was little the Sector could do in the wake of the Gulag Plague, much as the rest of the Galaxy dealt with. Similar to the method of the Hutt survival, the Corporate Sector attempted to pull back and close down it's borders, the Picket Fleet and Security Police managing only the protection of the those company's stationed within the Sector. Many of the Corporations and company's that been affiliated under the Sector were destroyed and run down. Some of these attempt to rebuild, with what remained of the Old Corporate Sector Authority.

Now, under the same name, this major umbrella Corporation to the business's within the Sector offers protection to help enforce the values of their legacy, providing free reign to the company's within. Of course, with the rise of the Sith Empire, the jurisdiction of the resurrected legacy has weakened considerably, and no longer holds the same governmental hold upon the star systems affected by it's influence. Today, it provides protection of Corporate governments, remnants of the Original Authority, and whatever other subsidiaries it places in it it's control. The Security Police (and it's fleet) at current, now act as hire-able Police to 'arrest' competing company's resisting the Authority of a Corporate Government, or affiliated Subsidiary.

Rationale: I've already listed him in the past as having been an effective business man. Now currently Consul of Sector Three of the Sith Empire (or whatever you want to call the title), which holds essentially the entirety of the Corporate Sector, Darth Voracitos (Jonathan Boke by his business name) has laid claim to the highest of positions in the current manifestation of the Authority, as it's Executive Officer, ensuring the business remains as usual to the Corporate controlled star systems. In essence, Mr. Boke hostilely over took the Mercenary-esque Corporation through Political Power. All this was done for the pursuit of personal power, and an effective way of control his sector totally.
Tier: Tier 5

Intent: The Intent of this Corporation, is to give my character Voracitos the aspect of a business man I had always intended him to be, and also to help detail the magnitude his characteristically massive wealth. Also, as Consul of Sector Three, the Dark Lord may run his Sector in a leisurely fashion true to his character. Additionally, it benefits the Empire to have the Corporate Sector's economy working solely for them, while the Corporate Sector is almost free of restriction to the power of a corporation.

Description:

NOTES TO SELF: [At least five paragraphs description of your corporation. The higher the tier of the corporation, the more we expect from the description. If we feel like the description isn't adequate for the requested tier, you may be asked to include more detail or lower the tier.

This should detail some of the processes of how the company does business. Does it accept private manufacturing requests? (No, we strictly ensure that company's and Corporations are granted free reign, as long as we are given our share of the profits, and product discounts to upgrade our services. However, as protector of the Corporate Sector, we may request certain company's/corporations manufacture an item, and claim a portion of it to do with it as we please; i.e. selling it, or assimilating it into the company.

Is it loyal to a particular government or faction? (Darth Voracitos's Government/The Sith Empire.)

Are they a benevolent corporation, or do they grind planets into dust for money? (They are not benevolent to the environment, and at times, to the Company's they protect. They don't care if their employer's grind planets into dust for money, as long as they receive they comply to their 'taxes', and if not they take what they want.

It's the little details like this that we're looking for. At Tier 3, if you so choose, your corporation can start owning other companies. Note that a player-made corporation can never own a canon corporation.]

The Corporate Sector Authority as once known by those before the Terrorist known as Zero unleashed the Gulag Plague across the Galaxy, is officially extinct, a relic, ancient fossils. The measure of control over the Authority, as the resurgent legacy, can no longer dictate rule over star systems as a government presence; especially due to the resurgent Sith Empire having taken control of the Sector entire. Remnants of the old Authority were scattered across the Sector, isolated in individual local planetary governments, keeping the main articles of the old Authority ensuring that corporations and company's had direct control over their respective Star Systems, to do as they pleased.

These Remnants, once closed off from Galactic Trade, and most other communication with the broader Galaxy, relied on trade from other splinter groups of the then collapse Authority. Thus, a Picket Fleet was kept in service, and relatively maintained (though not as well as when the Sector was totally united), along with a much better maintained Security Police force on respective worlds. In essence, despite massive loss of business, and life across the Sector along with the Galaxy, the old Authority survived through a legacy left behind in its old territory. Eventually, this Legacy would reemerge as the Galaxy once again opened itself to them upon the apparent extinction of the Gulag Plague that had shattered them, and once it was done these worlds (though run Tyrannically by Corporations) banded together once more, to formulate the New Authority; still only a mere shadow of what it once had been.

Unlike the Old Authority, this incarnation has no direct control over the functionality of planetary governments, especially with the threat of Imperial eyes waiting to reprimand them for disregard of Imperial Law, with their much more militant and powerful fleets. Despite this though, the Consul of Sector Three (and now the only semblance to the highest Authority in the Empire), Darth Voracitos out of the interest of making his government cheaper, has allowed the Resurgent Corporate Sector Authority to Police its 'territory' to alleviate the need for him to intervene with military might to ensure his territory is under control; especially since he has now taken the highest position in the Corporation as the Executive Officer, ruling the Sector in this way. Essentially, the Authority has become a hire-able Police force to Corporations with mutinous employees, or threatened with retributions and hostile take overs of competing Corporations.

Para 5 (Restate thesis statement, Conclusion):

Surviving Clients (Subsidiary's):

This is not prepared yet to be Reviewed. There is much work to be done in it building, and road blocks that need removing. Such as one person owning say, Kuat Drive Yards. Mean while it is technically part of the Corporate Sector Authority as an Affiliate. I will work this out with them, and find an agreement we can agree upon as these dilema's come.

Also, I would like to announce, that I name Darth Voracitos as my official, Main Character.

Let me make this clear. Just because a corporation is cannon that does -not- make it the same as the corporation that is found in cannon when its here on the board.

This timeline takes place 400 years after any last recorded data, not to mention thousands of corporations were utterly decimated, shut down and destroyed due to the chaos of the plague. In Essence the CSA would 100% start out from nothing.

Furthermore the CSA is more of a faction than an actual corporation. It is made up of hundreds and possibly thousands of companies that come together under the rule of a GOVERNMENT(as you said in your post). Even if you edit this highly, i will deny it. It is my firm belief that the CSA is a government and therefore would count as a faction, not a corporation.

You may of course get a second opinion however and ask one of the other RPJ's to judge this.

Darth Moridin said:
Let me make this clear. Just because a corporation is cannon that does -not- make it the same as the corporation that is found in cannon when its here on the board.
I understand this, and the operation of the Time Line.

Darth Moridin said:
This timeline takes place 400 years after any last recorded data, not to mention thousands of corporations were utterly decimated, shut down and destroyed. In Essence the CSA would 100% start out from nothing.
Again, I understand the time line and its function, and I disagree with that assessment. I'm taking the stance that like the Hutt Clans as stated with the Official Time Line at the Date of 426 on the bottom, closed all interstellar travel. This then, prevents the Plague from spreading, and thus continuing infection, and decimation. This then in theory preserves all things that had been locked inside. I would like to think, that I could preserve at least some of these company's by doing likewise, and closing their borders in about the same time. I am allowed to do that right? The description would also serve the purpose of providing a history of the company? If that is the case, than this post is a preview of what I plan to install in this application to make this a viable submission.

Darth Moridin said:
Furthermore the CSA is more of a faction than an actual corporation. It is made up of hundreds and possibly thousands of companies that come together under the rule of a GOVERNMENT(as you said in your post). Even if you edit this highly, i will deny it. It is my firm belief that the CSA is a government and therefore would count as a faction, not a corporation.
It is a government, under the control of a Corporation. Thus I can see that if done reasonably, that this Corporation can be done without faction involvement; especially since I plan to add it amongst the ranks of the Galactic Trade Guild, as a member to that external faction, from my own faction of the Sith Empire. I believe it unreasonable of you to deny it in this way, as you yourself had stated that it would essentially have to start with nothing, per your judgment. Additionally I believe it unfair of you to deny it on the basis that it would operate more as a faction, as you must consider the possibility of such a thing to survive. Already it rests deep within Sith Imperial territory, thus is forced to become a protectorate state of the Empire regardless of the wants of.... whatever members choose to be in it, and with all honesty, who would join it in its incredibly limiting setting? You might as well be part of the Empire.

As a Faction, I believe it would utterly fail and thus I come with the alternate route of its status as a Corporation. Because as a faction, one first off has to own planets, which it technically does only in the control of another faction. Secondly, there must be a away for said faction to interact with the rest of the Galaxy, and with it embedded within the sea of red there is literally no way of that happening. So I'll finish up there and simply say that is unfair reasoning of you to deny this entry in that regard.

Darth Moridin said:
You may of course get a second opinion however and ask one of the other RPJ's to judge this.
I have already, to an extent. As I was suggested to build this organization by one. Que @[member="Sirella Valkner"]...

I would also like to say, I hope that you do not take this as hostility, as this is merely me expressing my displeasure with your preemptive judgment in this particular instance. Especially since I had specifically stated that I would edit and work with the other Corporation/Company owners currently accepted. I realize that this is huge, but I am one who is willing to put in the work. Thank you for your early review, and your appreciated personal warning to me as a writer.

I was not trying to prevent you from doing the work or trying to insult you or get you down, i apologize if i came off in that manner. I was simply saying that as a roleplay judge who has experience with submissions and is well versed in corporations and the like within the Star Wars Universe i would absolutely deny this even if you warped and twisted it. The CSA above all is still a form and function of government, albeit a very loose one. It is so in Cannon and the only way you could make it not so would make it no longer the CSA but instead something entirely different.

I could argue back and forth with you for hours of why and why not this would work, however in the interest of fairness, time, and general curiosity. I will allow you to edit and work on this(Marking it as WIP) and let Sirella or another RPJ judge it once its complete.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

EDIT: Also, the reason why I responded the way I did was because of what you said. Saying that it didn't matter what I did you were going to simply deny this entry was unsatisfactory.

Just to give you an idea as to when I see this requiring review, I'm too busy with my preparations with Roche, thus I plan to have this ready at least a day afterwards.

No, I have yet to edit it since posting.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
For the record when I said to submit this,this entry is NOT how I imagined you'd submit it. I was imagining something like an administrative corporation. Your sith controls the old corporate sector and you are reforming it by setting up the CSA as a sort of service industry. You provide security, and real estate, and a corporate friendly environment. THAT is the corporation aspect that I thought you were doing. I mean realistically I don't see the Corporate Sector as having gone anywhere, but it is a governing body. What I meant for you to do was to turn the governing sith body of said sector into a security corporation on the payroll of the corporations that reside within the second. Does this make sense? It's late. I'm going to ask other staffers to look over what I'm saying and chime in to see if there if this is something we are accepting here. I can already see where Moridin stands but yeah.

You didn't exactly specify what you meant, so it is clear that I was confused by what you said, and why I reacted in the way I did towards Moridin. We even had a Skype Chat conversation as to what the Corporate Sector Authority would be doing, and even then what you meant was not conveyed.

Regardless, that was my back up plan should my submission plans as current were to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom