Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control! Control! You must learn control!

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig nodded a little to [member="Adara Raxis"] as he listened to her. It wasn't really a surprise that they wouldn't quite believe her. After what happened....

"Kaine is a great warrior, but I'll admit sometimes it feel like he's missing a few screws. I think that everyone was just thinking it was stress after the invasions. I know a lot of those in my clan are still picking up the pieces." He gave his niece a hug, hoping that it would calm her a little, and show that she wasn't alone. "If there's anyway I can help, let me know."

Once he heard Adara, he chuckled a bit, shaking his head. "Yeah. It can be, but it makes life interesting for sure." He then looked surprised when Adara said she'd never shown anyone what she could do. He gave her a smile, looking around.

"Really? Well, if you want to show me, let's see what you've got."

“I don’t think he wants to hear it. It’s like anything unpleasant is unworthy of his attention.” Adara fiddled with her hands in her lap, taking the systematic breath of the constantly in-training royal. Centring oneself was of utmost import when one sat upon a throne, even one whose throne was parsecs away.

“I might… borrow…. Fred if that’s convenient. If nobody else is going to try and figure this out, then… well, I might need someone of his skills.” She hugged into her uncle, glad at least finally someone seemed to listen. “And please don’t tell my parents where I am. I’ve… run away, you see and… it’s dreadfully terrible and unthinkable if they were to find me too soon. I don’t… I’m not afraid, you see, but… well, Baba did always say how brutal he’d be to any boy who…”

Adara licked her lips, a faint blush taking her cheeks. “Tuuli is on my not allowed to die list.”

Lists for everything, Adara licked her lips again and hopped to her feet, pressing her fingers together. What to show him first? Standing there now, Adara didn’t quite know what to do.

“Don’t be afraid, ba’vodu. They answer to me. All of them, to disobey is to be obliterated.” Eyelids drifted shut, as Adara whispered in a cruel and guttural tongue. The language filled naturally from the teenaged girl, as vicious and predatory as her clothing was not. Crimson irises expanded, as a red and purple fog rushed from her mouth, nose, the tips of her gloved fingers.

Surrounding the two, a cloud of witnesses arrayed in armour, raiments of past cultures and worlds aplenty watched curiously upon the living world. Fallen soldiers inspected and guarded the perimeter, while servants ensured her hair was properly arrayed and clothing tidy. Neat. Some rushed on errands, flitting away while others stood in quiet repose for their moment.

All souls who refused the oneness of the Force, or the secure confederation of the Manda. Ghosts chosen of the myriad, to attend the girl.

“I’ve always been able to see them. Papa taught me how to bind them to me, break their will and join them to my majesty. With time I learned it was far easier to allow them the will to love and be cared for. My little kingdom. Their company is so much more honest than the living.”

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig sighed when he heard that Kaine wouldn't listen to his own daughter. For Kad's sake, Mig was even listening! And he continued to listen as she asked if she could borrow Fred, one of the younger members of his clan. He then listened as she stumbled through explaining everything. That she'd run away, and that she didn't want Kaine specifically to know about a boy. Tuuli. Mig chuckled a little, rubbing her head.

"I'm sure I can let Fred help, and I can understand what you're saying. I'll be sure you parents doesn't find out about.. everything until you're ready." Mig was soon astonished by what the young Vod would show him. It looked like Force Ghosts, something he'd only heard of, but what shocked him more was what she said. Adara had spoken in a tongue he'd never heard. It puzzled Mig as he thought about it, but things seemed to draw his mind to something else for a moment. Something that made Mig, usually one of the calmest Mandalorians, felt uneasy, though it was clear it wasn't Adara's doing. It wasn't for long, but something seemed to affect him. He shook it off though, hearing Adara explain who taught her how to do this. Mig then looked curious again.

"You're Papa? I don't think I'm not familiar with him."

Adara Raxis Adara Raxis

“Thank you, ba’vodu. I’ll count on it.” With a whisper of the guttural tongue from Adara’s lips, the ghosts dissipated. Back to incorporeality, away from Mig’s eye. Yet, that sensation of death lingered. The aura swelling perpetually around Adara was now a recognizable dis-ease. An ever growing sea of trouble.

Tucking her hair behind her ear, Adara tried to cover the black veins around her eyes. She stepped and snapped her fingers, and the clouds above them dissipated for a lovely sunshine. The aura of darkness roiled around her, a familiar uncontained sensation of Sith education.

“Oh?” Smoothing the side of her hair, Adara looked away again from Mig. “He… he’s part of my Panathan family… Papa. You… haven’t met him. But he’s… He kept care of me when I was in boarding school. I didn't have to live at the dormitory with him around.”

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig gave Adara a curious look as she explained who taught her how to do this. Her Papa. He could still feel the dark sense around, but it didn't just feel like the Dark Side. It felt... Sith. He listed as she explained he made it to where she didn't have to stay in the dorms of the boarding school she went to.

"That didn't quit feel like normal Dark Side or Nightwitch training. It felt... different. Definitely interesting at least, and pretty amazing." He stopped, looking out to a tree. He then closed his eyes, seeming to think. He wasn't sure what exactly to do now, but Mig did want to train Adara to use her gift in the Force, no matter how much of a curse it have felt like in the past. He then opened his eye, taking a breath. "There's one other important thing to remember about control. Intent. It is often the difference in merely using the Dark Side and falling to it."

Adara Raxis Adara Raxis

“Normal Dark Side training? Whatever is normal Dark Side training?” Adara blinked and held her breath for a moment, hoping to shake Mig off his moorings as he peered ever closer to the nature of Adara’s greatest secrets. “Do you mean like normal on Bastion? It’s perfectly normal there, you see.”

Digging her foot in the ground, Adara pressed her lips together. She tried a naunchelant shrug, but it didn’t feel right somehow.

“Intent? What purer intention is there than conquering one’s enemies to ensure they do not succeed in destroying one’s friends and family? What cost would you pay to stop Papa from killing Tamar? You’d save her, wouldn’t you? Wouldn’t your anger at the Zambrano’s desire to destroy the runaway slave not boil at your blood? Wouldn’t it be alright to use the Dark Side to save her?”

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig sighed a little. Adara did have a point. It was hard to pin down any training as "normal," but there was still something different about this. He simply answered, "As in it's not what you usually see trained, at from my experience." It was then that Adara hit a nerve though. Tamar, her aunt and Mig's wife, being hunted. She asked if he would use anger to keep Papa from killing her. Wait.... Was he...? Mig looked at Adara, somehow keeping his calm with all this. He had an answer, and it was one she might have heard before.

"I'm sure you've heard Stardust say it before at some point, but anger isn't the only strong emotion that can be used to wield the Dark Side. You're right that it's often the strongest, but... it can also be dangerous." His mind went back to what Ilik had told him. "Would I be angry? Yes. Would I use my anger though? No. I would draw on something different."

Adara Raxis Adara Raxis

“But anger is righteousness. It stems from our sense of justice, our ability to tell right from wrong. Think about it. The only times anger truly comes is when something is wrong. When we know the current state isn’t correct. Don’t you feel it? Don’t you want to repair the Galaxy?” Adara shifted her head to the side, feet beginning to trace a slow pace in a wary predator’s circle. Limbs which once had been as delicate as a damaged songbird lengthened in the intervening years. The once petite child was now an Epicanthix-proper height of six one, delicately framed even yet, but proper.

Proper for her species. For the Panathans.

“There are millions of Sith trained in the Empire every day. How many more in Confederacy space? How many Jetiise think their ‘ask questions later’ policies are truly grounded in the Light? The Dark Side is ubiquitous, ba’vodu.”

Her eyelids shifted, less open, a bit more discerning. “Do you know what the Zambranos do to slaves who displease them? The ones they are not merciful enough to kill. Tamar did the one unforgiveable thing, ba’vodu Mig. It wasn’t reaching above her station to be taken as a sister, that too can be forgiven. Yasha didn’t mean to harm the natural order. She loves Tamar. We all do. But what Tamar did was unforgivable. It incites rage like none can, for it combines both anger and passion, which are the two driving forces of any Sith. Any Dark Sider. Any truly loving individual. They take off the tops of their heads, Mig.”

Adara motioned to her own face, a bit of black fog concealing everything from the lips up. “They feed them an IV of drugs to keep them awake, make them feel it while they surgically remove their brains but for a bit of stem, implant on top a disc of metal, a computer to use their bodies like a droid. And they can feel it. Every second, they’re left with the consciousness to know what happened to them. Their limbs not their own, their minds plagued with pain, every order followed no matter. What. It is.”

She let the image linger, curiosity pouring into her as she watched the Mando’ad’jetii.

“Doesn’t that make you angry? Don’t you feel it? The sense of justice in your bones telling you how wrong that is? How terrible and dreadful a fate? Wouldn’t you do something to stop it? Dispassion, detachment is a Jedi tool, Mig Gred. It is masked as peace, but really is only the ability of a Jedi to have nothing left but their fellow Jedi and the Light. The fickle, adulterous light. It hoards you, closer and closer to nothing else bit it. The light, the constant desire to let go, detach. To stop feeling anger.

To forget your sense of justice. In the minds of the Zambranos, Tamar did the one unforgivable thing. She was bred, like cattle, to serve them and their family. Her children were bred, like livestock, to serve the House Zambrano. Generations of slaves were born and cross-bred to create the perfect wetnurse, the perfect warrior out of her sons. You’ve probably killed a few. I can find out if you have… but Tamar… she was ordered by Emperor Zambrano himself to deliver my mother, myself and my little brothers to him. To bring the family he wanted more desperately than land and kyber crystals home.

And she didn’t. She helped turn my mother away from him. Tamar kept a man from his family, Mig Gred. From the family he wanted to take for his own. And they will not stop. Not now, not when your twins are large, until their perceived evil is one day avenged. So I tell you now, if you will not use your sense of righteous justice, your anger to save the life of your wife. Your boys, then what will? All the Jedi ever teach is letting go.”

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig looked at Adara, taking in everything she was describing. She talked about the Dark Side being all over. Fro Jedi to Sith. That anger could be righteous, that detachment was the Jedi was way to mask peace. She seemed to suggest that he didn't feel. Which really seemed to get Mig's blood boiling. He looked at her, doing his best not to snap. Yes, he could seem a bit too controlled at times, but he still felt anger. He felt pain. "Adara," he finally spoke up, a bit loader then he intended to. Mig sighed for a second, letting himself calm down.

"Adara.... I still feel anger, fear, and all of that. No one doesn't feel these things, it's what you do with them though. Back when your mother was Mand'alor, I accompanied her and Gil on a diplomatic mission to Juction. I... I let my anger get the better of me. The leader of Junction... it was right after the Sith attack on Mon Cala, and let's just say he was less then sympathetic for the planets people. I nearly ruined that meeting." He chuckled a bit, shaking his head.

"I'll admit that I'm a bit stoic at times, but it's out of necessity. Leaders often have to be a rock for others, After Concord Dawn... I was angry. I wanted to burn any Sith I saw, and there's a place for that, but leaders, publicly at least, can't often show their fear or anger. They have to be strong for those they lead. You can ask Tamar, after what happened... I wasn't at my best. I like to think most of the clan didn't know about that.

"So yes, I do feel, Ad, but killing in anger, for a Force Sensitive, can have a much greater affect then you'd think. My old mentor, Ilik, he had before. It almost didn't end well for him."
Mig then stood up, looking at Adara and thinking on her words again. He then realized something.

"You've actually talked around an important point. You say anger can be righteous, which is true to an extent, but I'll raise you this: What makes that anger? Why would I be angry and the Sith for Concord Dawn, or if they... if they ever... captured Tamar. Why would you be angry if someone hurt your aliit, or Tuuli? What is the root of that anger? It would have to be even stronger to cause that, right?" He then looked over at a tree.

"I want to show you something."

Adara Raxis Adara Raxis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom