Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contractual Obligations (Saffron)

In light of recent developments, and conversations that Leos had had with some Jedi woman, it had come to her attention that when things moved to the point of having a need for a true navy, they likely wouldn't have the manpower necessary to provide one. So Kaela done some digging, and come up with some solutions to this potential issue. She'd proposed these solutions to Leos, and he'd been fond, in particular, of one solution, which she'd found odd since it involved them spending money. She didn't quite understand him. MOst of the time he was completely against spending money on anything, but now he was all for it.

"How long until we arrive?" she heard him ask over the top of his datapad.

"Soon. Not that it matters since you're sending me alone," she replied with a sigh. "You know your identity is going to get out eventually."

"I'm aware."

She sighed. This whole deal with him being a Sith, but owning a corporation that made goods for use by anyone, was more complicated than learning any language could ever be. Annoying would be a good way of putting it. Sometimes she wanted to quit just because getting him to do the things she needed him to do was as difficult as having teeth pulled.

The Eidolon came out of hyperspace above Byblos, a highly technology and industry based world, and sighed in relief. The sooner they landed the sooner they could get things over with. Considering their corvette was capable of planetary landings, it wasn't long before the ship had been assigned a berth at the spaceport, a large berth, and she was standing from her seat. Reaching over, she put an ear wig in so that Leos would be able to hear what she heard while she was meeting with the people from Vanir Tech. She gave him a look, but he was busy reading so she just shook her head and left.

Outside she caught a speeder to the Vanir building. Stepping out, she adjusted the collar of her vest and walked inside, approaching the reception desk.

"Could you please let the appropriate party know that Kaela Paltro of Ignus Industries is here?"

[member="Saffron"]

[member="Darth Ignus"]
Byblos

"Miz Saffron."

The gentle blonde Companion lifted her head from the holographic data terminal. She wore her hair gathered softly at the nape of her neck, the golden locks flowing over one bare shoulder. Her attire was the traditional saree with empire waistline, the traditional swathe of intricately gold threaded lasha silk draping from her right shoulder and around her waist.

"Kaela Paltro of Ignus Industries is here to see you." Corde, the young redhead assistant informed her.

"Thank you Corde," the woman replied gratefully. "Please ensure the conference room is ready for us." the young woman added, rising to her feet.

"Have Mistah Paltro meet me there."

Meanwhile, another woman stood waiting for Kaela Paltro. Her name was Marei Sie, a young Devaronian female. She was also dressed in traditional Companion attire, and as soon as she caught sight of Paltro, she gave a deep bow.

"Welcome to Arceneau Trade Company, Mistah Paltro. " she rose to grant him a welcoming smile. "My name is Marei, please, come with me."

Kaela was confused at being called Mistah, but since she'd never been to Byblos she decided to chalk it up to a strange custom. She knew that back on the ship, Leos was probably laughing at her being referred to in such a way. No doubt she'd hear more of that in the future, but she'd point out to him that it might not have the same meaning as he thought it did when she got back to the ship. After all, she had no way of speaking to him with the device, it was only there to allow him to hear the discussion so that the two of them could converse about it while they were on their way back to Telos afterward.

"Please, lead the way."

She followed the Devaronian woman and was led through the facility to a conference room. She found the Devaronian entirely too polite for her liking, but when she saw the woman that was waiting for her there, she decided that she was going to have to get used to it. It seemed that Vanir employed genteel women in spades. Probably a good marketing and public relations strategy when she actually thought about it.

Offering the woman a smile, she approached and offered her hand.

"Kaela Paltro, COO of Ignus Industries. Thanks for seeing me."

[member="Saffron"]

[member="Darth Ignus"]
{ ooc loooooool i totally missed the female part lol my bad }

Saffron would shine the woman a smile.

"Miz Paltro," a hand extended out to greet her. " A pleasure. I hope your trip went well?" the woman would ask, gesturing for Kaela to please take a seat in front of the large wooden desk.

"Would you like any refreshment? Something to eat?" showing good manners was a trait of a good hostess, along with the genuine hospitality known from the Oiran Guildhouse.

"Please take a seat and make yourself comfortable."

[member="Saffron"]
[OOC: I kinda figured, lol. I should have linked her NPC submission.]

Kaela would shake the woman's hand in a gentle manner, smiling as she did so. There was definitely something different about the women working in this place but she couldn't quite place it. Leos might know when she got back to the ship and talked to him about it. He was more knowledgeable of the galaxy at large since he traveled it while she was mostly stuck in the office on Telos or Harrin. Though it seemed that she was now going to be tasked with approaching fellow companies to secure contracts with them, either for something that company had that Ignus Industries wanted to purchase, or for something that company wanted to purchase from Ignus Industries.

"Thank you," she said. "It was a pleasant trip, yes."

She didn't mention that she'd made it with Leos and he'd annoyed her the whole way there. They really didn't need to know that and probably didn't want to, anyway. Taking a seat, she clasped her hands in front of her.

"If you have whiskey, I'll take some of that."

Probably the only indication that she'd had a long day.

"Otherwise I'm fine and ready to discuss business whenever you are. It should be quick and simple, I think."

[member="Darth Ignus"]

"Whiskey it is," Saffron said, calling for the associate to bring Kaela her choice of poison.

"Of course," the blonde would say, sitting down. A smile crossed her features. Getting straight to business would do just fine.

"So with what may I help you today, Miz Paltro?" Saffron began. She knew that the woman was interested in one of Arceneau Trade Company's production goods, but for what exactly, well that remained to be seen. Since they were also affiliates to Vanir Technologies, it could be anything.

At that moment, a glass of fine liquid amber was presented to the woman. Her whiskey.

"I represent-" she started to say before the glass of whiskey was brought. She took a sip before continuing. "Sorry. I represent Ignus Industries, as you know. One of our sales avenues is starship's, and we're about to expand that portion of our company. We've already had some interest in ship sales, but we've also had people indicate that they need larger ships, but can't facilitate the crew numbers necessary for them."

That was true. They'd been approached, anonymously, by an unknown entity calling itself the Reformation. She'd never heard of them, and Leos purported to never have heard of them. They did have credits, though. The banking numbers they'd shared to prove the viability of the contract indicated that they certainly had the capability to at least pay for large vessels of war. She didn't really want to know why they wanted them, though she suspected it was for defense if they couldn't facilitate the assignment of a proper crew. Either way, it wasn't any of her business except that she'd had to try to find some way to get the contract and give them what they need.

Which was why she'd come to Vanir Technologies. They had something she needed.

"We'd like to set up an as needed contract with you for what I think you call the Command Throne? From what I understand it allows one person to do multiple functions on a ship, limiting the number of actual crew necessary? If I recall correctly, that is. We'll pay full price, but we'd like to have everything set up so that we can simply order one, you debit our account, manufacture the product and ship it to us. Would that be acceptable?"

She took another sip of her whiskey.

[member="Saffron"]

[member="Darth Ignus"]

Ah, so they desired the VT command throne. A nod came from the blonde. The point of the VT-Command Throne is much the same as the VT-Nerve Helm, the throne is designed to create a 'link' between the user and the ship it is installed upon. This system can be likened to the famed Battle Meditation, albeit, perhaps even slightly more complete. The System itself works on the same principals as the VT-Nerve Helm System, albeit far more advanced and capable of far more input as well as data process. In this, the VT-Command Throne is a far more advanced version of the Nerve Helm, with the Nerve Helm not capable of controlling Capital ships while the VT-Command Throne is entirely purpose built to the application on only capital grade vessels.

"That sounds viable," the blonde would state, giving a broad smile. She knew a little bit about Ingus Industries. They were based off Telos, which was where the New Citadel Station stood. ATC and previously Titan Industries had rebuild and reconstructed the massive complex, setting their own small shipyards there for Haven Industries and Titan.

"Telos, correct?" Saffron would ask, confirming the location.

"Our own shipyards are there for Haven," she explained, "We are familiar with the companies stationed there."

"How is business doing for Ingus Industries?"

"Oh good," Kaela said, sounding rather pleased.

Not that she expected it to be difficult given that they were offering to pay full price and were ordering their goods. Most companies weren't going to say no to such an offer. They had every intent of following through on the orders, as well. It would prove beneficial to both parties in the end. At least she hoped it would for them, since she hadn't exactly thrown the ball back at the people that had made the request to spawn this trip. Leos had seemed pretty sure they'd go for it, though.

At the mention of business with the company, she shrugged her shoulders.

"Business is good. More in the private sector right now than anything, but we have a few contracts we're working on for armor and weaponry. Our ship building enterprise is mostly made to order at this point."

She sipped her whiskey until it was gone and then slid the glass a few inches away to signify that she was done and didn't wish for any further.

"I'm sure business is great for you all, under the circumstances. I've been impressed by most of your work and hope we can work together in the future in as mutual a way as we are now."

[member="Saffron"]

[member="Darth Ignus"]

Saffron gave a reciprocating smile. "Indeed, it would be most pleasing to perchance have a mutually beneficial business relationship in the future."

Saffron took a small datapad, and within it, she quickly set up a small contract for Miss Kaela to sign.

"Arceneau Trade has a broad scope of business endevours from shipping to pharmacudicals." They were the largest distributer of fuel, shipping, and vendor for many other companies through the Southern System Business Bazaar.

"This is just a contract stating the terms we have discussed. " Saffron would hand her the datapad for her review.

"If everything appears to be to meet your approval, please simply stamp the identistamp for signature."

Kaela took the datapad and poured over the particulars. She didn't expect they would try and change things now or take advantage of the situation, but she'd learned to be thorough over the years regardless of what the expectations were. Leos, though, would no doubt be pleased with how things had gone when she got back to the ship. Considering he'd been listening in, but not participating in the endeavor. Satisfied with what she saw, she signed the contract between their two companies and handed the datapad back to the woman she'd been talking with, a smile on her face as she did so.

"It's rather refreshing having things go this smoothly," she said as she moved to stand. "Wish all of these appointments went this smoothly."

She shrugged and offered her hand out to the woman.

"Thank you for making it so smooth. I'll be in touch in the future. We might find something to work on together."

[member="Saffron"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom