Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conjugal Convictions (Lady Kay)

Commenor: Chasin City
Royal Palace underground
High Security Holding Facility
9RvTSSH.png
"Gone are the days where power reigns,
Gone are the times of famished guests and handsome wine's,
For all is now, nigh and true,
The black death comes for I, from you,
Where I the sword, and you the victim,
Were that you mine, in soul invictus (unconquered).
Lovers quarrel and I relent, plagiarized by love's lament,
In this time that I should fall, thy sword come down, run through we all...".
Sat within his Private Cell of isolation and accompanied solely by his own, Veiere Arenais would be found resting back against his chair, one leg raised above the other and reading from a holographic display, a document on old rhymes, riddles and poetry. Not unsurprisingly, the lengths that his wife had gone to in order to commit to her traitor King a prison cell unfit for those of such convictions, she had always been too nice on the undeserving; though now was not a time in which he would complain of it.

Such time had passed, though he had not kept track of the days. It had been months in reality, and to Veiere's mind it had come to pass most frustratingly slow. Such was the cost of his insufferable decision to give himself up to their own people...-Or perhaps, once his people, no longer. Beyond the Cell walls, all was out of his reach for that the barrier between himself and freedom countered his ability within the Force. How many hours now had he spent in meditation, how many press-ups and sit-ups had he done in a day. Down there in the underground, what bloody time was it; his thoughts drove him mad and in here that was all that he had to contend with. That and the reading material that his wife had someone come down and refresh once every fortnight or so.

By this point, the next unlucky person to come his way would be thankful for the barrier standing between them; Casting the holographic display across the floor of his room, Veiere seethed under his breath in emergent anger, his breath hastened though even in his own company he sought to keep his moment of expression silenced as much as could be, a mere hiss of his breath between clenched teeth, followed by his standing from the chair and beginning to pace once more.

Like so many other days, the same routines, the same results.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had always done her best to visit [member="Veiere Arenais"] almost every day. She missed him and due to the Force barrier surrounding the cell, their Force connection was nearly severed. She couldn't hear him, couldn't feel him. It was as though the transmission was static. The last time that had occured was when Prazutis had her in his torture house. She shuddered at the thought.

[member="Einon"] was a frequent visitor of Veiere's as well, however he tended to just observe, which was his strong suit. In fact he was studying the former King, watching his degression, looking for the signs of insanity that a prisoner held in solitary for a long time can start to develop. Such confinement wasn't good for anyone, least of all someone with Veiere's personality.

The trial was coming and it was time for him to know. Kay opened the door to the chamber that held his cell. She watched him while he paced, looking almost as though he were a wild animal trapped in a cage. Her breath caught in her throat and after a moment she released it.

Kay approached the cell quietly, hoping to catch her husband's eye before he'd hear her speak. "Hello my love. I come bearing news. The trial is being orginized. You won't be here for much longer." She kept her hands at her sides while she gazed up at him. "I'm sorry to have put you through this, but it'll all be over soon."

Don't show weakness. That was what he had told her. Even here with only the guards to watch them, far away from the public eye, she had to be mindful.

Even though his connection were blocked to the outside world surrounding his captivity, Veiere Arenais would be hard pressed not to take note of every new entrance into the Prison Foyer that edged upon the entrance to his enclosure; [member="Lady Kay"] herself not comfortable in risking his release despite whatever desire she might have had in releasing the preventative field that kept the two of them apart, for she understood that his mind was not of the old self he once paraded by the title of Jedi Master.

"Graced once more with the presence of my beloved Wife, Queen of Commenor; My Judge, Jury and Executioner...." Veiere offered her a bow, his words openly sarcastic and the grin that he bore for her not one of animosity but rather dark humor for the scene that they shared needed some light shed upon an otherwise clouded time in their lives; "Hello again, my love" he stood upright, correcting his posture and his tone of voice to portray his more genuine of self. Time passed so slowly these days and any sense of a distraction or reason to feign pleasure amongst such a displeasing atmosphere was worth his weight in gold.

The news of a Trial to be held against his crimes was an interesting concept, perhaps it might have brought about some sense of excitement were he so foolish to believe that the Media had not already impeached upon his name and his actions were possibly to be overlooked. The fact of the matter was that he had killed people, Jedi, such as they were. The Galaxy, force knows why, still seemed to be convinced in their purity that such an act was beyond the measure of forgiveness. Rightly so, perhaps, given that Veiere continued to believe himself justified in his actions against the world of Deneba. Entitlement to it's fullest extent, he had given them power and later seen fit to take it away.

"You must be struggling in your love for me and your need for Justice" Veiere exclaimed, his eyes upon his wife most studiously; "You know that I am guilty. I've not once apologized nor showed any remorse for my actions and yet you comfort me with such a cell and try to sooth my frustrations for being locked up in this place. You also understand that I came quietly because of my love for you, yet no other reason than to save face for your political position and general ease of life....-It's obvious you cannot seperate your two lives, personal and professional" he concluded, thus leading to his question; "Who is to be the one to reside over my Trial? [member="Darlyn Excron"] ?".

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay smirked as [member="Veiere Arenais"] gave her a mocking bow. He still had his humour with her, as well as his love. She was worried that he'd start to hate her by now. But executioner? She'd never go that far, not in her wildest dreams. It was bad enough with things being the way that they are.

She clasped her hands in front of her while Veiere spoke. Was there disdain in his voice? Was he blaming her for this? It was his actions that had caused it, not hers. She had to stop a rebellion from starting, an uprising of the people to abolish the Monarchy. Yes, she did this in an attempt to maintain her power, but who would lead Commenor and the CSA if she were to walk away? Who would keep it safe? Who would keep the economy going? There was no one at this moment. So she had to stay.

There was much that she had wanted to say about the ordeal, but the two of them had argued in circles over it already. So there wasn't much point in doing so anymore. She didn't want either Yutan nor the Elders brought up again.

So instead she just bypassed his statement his comments and answered his questions. "Darlyn will be there, yes. As well assome others. And we've had to find an unbiased judge so that you'd get as fair of a trial as possible." Of course she couldn't reside over it herself. That wouldn't help to stop a rebellion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom