Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Confrontational Commute

Aedric Aedric

Glar Ulchtar was sitting inside of a rather miserable speeder train, traveling on the planet Niamos. The train’s seats were made of metal, which had been heated up by the planet’s sun to unbearable temperatures. As if that was not bad enough, the train was clearly not designed for people as tall as Glar was, and had rather low ceilings. Glar also had the misfortune of sitting by possibly the single most annoying human he had ever met.

“Hot today, isn’t it?” The man said, trying to strike up a conversation.

Glar did not respond, hoping the man would take the hint.

“I said, hot today, isn’t it?” The man said with a hint of aggression in his voice.

“Obviously.” Glar said back. Glar had never understood why humans were compelled to talk about the weather, when it could simply be observed.

“Huh. Well, did you see the Rancors game last night? I’ll tell ya, it was quite the show.” The man said.

“I do not really follow sports.” Glar said, with a thin veneer of politeness. He was loosing his patience.

“Well, you seem like a bit of a sourpuss. You oughtta liven up a bit and stop—“

Glar did not hear the rest of what the man had to say, as he stood up, grabbed his suitcase, and went to another section of the speeder train. The man simply shrugged, and began talking at the person sitting on his other side. If that man ever tried to speak at him again, Glar would simply mind-trick him into shutting his mouth, and be done with it.

The new section of the train that Glar walked into was less crowded. But before he could sit down, he was stopped by another Pyke. This Pyke was wearing a rather garish mask, with built-in shades. More importantly, Glar noticed that he had a rather long dagger sheath on his belt.

“Who are you? You certainly are not a member of Xoj’s operation.” The Pyke said, with an air of superiority in his voice.

“I cannot say that I am. Nor do I have any interest in joining, if that is what this is about.” Glar said back to the other Pyke. As he replied, he slowly moved his hand towards the pocket in his suitcase which contained his blaster. He held his gaze squarely at the other Pyke’s obscured eyes.

The other Pyke scoffed at this, and said
“You have a lot of nerve talking to me like that. Too much nerve. Perhaps I should introduce you to a few of my associates? They could teach you a much-needed lesson in manners.” Right on cue, four brutish-looking individuals sat up from their seats. Three of them were Trandoshans, while the fourth was an IG-RM Droid. All of them looked annoyed by Glar’s mere existence.

At this point, Glar decided that he had had enough of this.
“If you legitimately think those second-rate errand boys can protect you from me, than I pity you. Now allow me to sit down, before any… unfortunate accidents happen.” Glar said, briefly tapping into the Dark Side to make his words sound more potent.

The other Pyke was unfazed. He pulled out his vibrodagger, and began approaching Glar.

Last edited:
Niamos had always sounded like a nice planet, so when Aedric had overheard a few people discussing flying out there for some business, Aedric had begged for them to let him tag along, and much to his delight they had allowed him to. Naturally, many people had said how hot it would be, but many of their descriptions were that it was a 'nice' heat. Nice was not the word Aedric would have described, as he was hit with a blast of hot air the moment he disembarked the ship, immediately reaching to loosen his collar.

Despite him having begged to have come, in hindsight, he quickly realised he had no reason to have came. He didn't exactly intend to stay in one of the hotels, nor was he keen on lounging around uselessly. He had simply leapt on the opportunity to explore a new planet that he had actually heard of.

When a speeder train made a stop by their landing point, Aedric boarded and made his way down towards one of the more quieter components. This compartment was mostly filled with a masked species that Aedric did not recognise, and initially he intended to simply sit down and mind his own business. However, the movement of the four brutes towards Glar caught his attention. Initially, purely out of curiosity, as he was always intrigued as to how fights could unfold. It was the unmistakable stench of the dark side that fully captured his interest, however, Aedrics eyes fixing themself on Glar.

"Don't." He rose from his seat, stepping forwards quickly towards the approaching Pyke. He grabbed ahold of the mans wrist, his grip surprisingly tight for his age and size, before going pull him back harshly. "Don't." He whispered into the eat of the Pyke, leaning around slightly to fix his gaze onto Glar, as if some of those words were more directed towards him,

Glar Ulchtar Glar Ulchtar

Aedric Aedric

Before the Pyke approaching Glar could use his vibrodagger, he was stopped by a young Epicanthix man. He looked to be around 14 to 18 years old, but spoke with a voice of authority that normally belonged to much older and wiser men. Glar had barely noticed him before, and had certainly not expected him to stand up to this aggressor. Evidently, he had not expected it either.

“What? What is this? Let go of my wrist, you underfed mynock!” The Pyke stammered pathetically, as he unsuccessfully tried to break the young man’s grip. As this happened, he turned towards Glar and communicated that he should stay out of this. The intensity with which he said it made Glar wonder if there was a specific reason he said that.

However, before he could process it more, Glar noticed the IG-RM Droid approaching the young man from behind. As it clenched its fist, Glar blurted out
“There is a droid sneaking up behind you.” If he reacted in time, he could probably avoid the droid’s fist clocking him in the side of the face. If not, he would probably be knocked unconscious.

Meanwhile, one of the Trandoshan brutes was approaching Glar, holding what looked suspiciously like a length of old drainpipe. Glar doubted he would be using it for any plumbing. The drainpipe-wielder merely hissed at glar, and dragged his accessory on the floor of the train, creating a horrible grating screech noise. Once he was close enough to swing at Glar, he missed completely, and ended up falling onto his back.
“Is that all you have got?” Glar thought to himself, shaking his large head.

Any kind of meaning to underfed mynock was lost on Aedric, but the tone wasn't. He knew he was being insulted, which he didn't take kindly to, his grip on the wrist only tightening as the Pyke attempted to escape. Aedric glanced around slightly, before simply slamming his elbow into the face of the Pyke. "Bastard." He scowled, a hint of frustration in voice, before smashing his elbow into the Pykes face once again. Despite having no clue what the insult had meant, it had annoyed him to be insulted for simply doing what he perceived to be correct.

At Glars warning, he glanced over his shoulder, his eyes narrowing. The Pyke, while maybe not unconscious, would certainly be dazed by the Epicanthix's elbows, so Aedric harshly shoved him away, leaving him staggering confusedly around the compartment. As the droids fist flew towards his face, Aedric waited until the very last second to react. He ducked low, and under the swing before going to tackle the droid to the ground, using his knees to pin its arms to the side.

"What'd you do to annoy these things?" He remained atop the droid, not making any further attack for the moment, glancing briefly over his shoulder towards Glar.

Aedric Aedric

Glar was fairly impressed with this young man. He had managed to knock the aggressive Pyke out with relative ease, and managed to pin the IG-RM droid to the ground. Clearly, he had some sort of training. In response to his question about what he had done to annoy the Pyke and his “second-rate errand boys” as Glar had called them, he said
“They seemed to be looking for a confrontation with me in particular. It is probably because I am not employed by their boss, Xoj Camond.”

As Glar was explaining, the Pyke who had been elbowed in the face stumbled and slumped to the ground, dropping his vibrodagger next to him. It was quickly picked up by another Trandoshan henchman of his, who threw it at the back of the Epicanthix’s head. Thinking quickly, Glar tapped into the Force, and tried to adjust the blade’s trajectory.

However, before Glar could see whether it had worked or not (or what it it hit), he was distracted by the speeder train coming to an abrupt halt. Evidently, someone had noticed the fighting, and pulled the emergency brake. Soon enough, the entire train would be swarming with officers of the local Niamos Police Force. Glar knew for a fact that most of the officers would be on Xoj Camond’s payroll, if not outright members of the Pyke Syndicate.

“We have to get out of here.” Glar said urgently. “I am not sure how much you know about the Niamos Police Force, but I can assure you, we do not want a run-in with them.”

"Xoj Camond?" He raised his brow at the name, clearly unfamiliar with the name. Then again, this was no suprise, he barley had anything understanding of what was going on his home planet, let alone the other side of the galaxy. The rush of the blade past Aedrics head widened the boys eyes, likely saved by the Pykes usage of the force. In yet another moment of frustration, Aedric smashed his fist as hard as he could down onto the droids face, blood immediately beginning to spill from his knuckles.

As the train pulled to a stop, Aedric rose to his feet, looking around warily. He did not understand the situation, even remotely, but the urgency in Glars voice was enough for him to not protest. He offered a nod, before going to push his way quickly off the train, his right hand covering the bloodied knuckles of his left. He moved quickly, assuming Glar would follow, quietly saying back to him.

"The moment you think we're fine, you're giving me an explanation. I don't understand anything that is happening.

((OOC - My bad on the long reply wait, completely slipped my mind, but it shouldn't happen again. If you think I'm forgetting again, shoot me a DM.))

Aedric Aedric

The Epicanthix seemed confused when Glar mentioned Xoj Camond. Clearly, he wasn’t from around here either. Glar‘s thoughts were interrupted as one of the Trandoshans (the same one who had thrown the vibrodagger) pulled out an exotic-looking electrowhip, and activated it with a crackling bzzztlrt. He barely managed to dodge the whip’s sizzling attack by dropping to the floor of the speeder train. Before the whip-wielder could react, Glar kicked his ankle, briefly throwing him off balance. Glar took this opportunity to wrestle the electrowhip from his hands, and electrocuted the Trandoshan with his own weapon.

It was hard to tell if the Trandoshan was alive or dead, and Glar wasn’t too concerned with his fate either way. By this point, the only Trandoshan that had not been taken out of commission had run off to a different section of the speeder train. He had probably been the one to pull the emergency brake, and now he was heading off to tell the Niamos Police Force where they were. Clearly, they needed to get out of here.

Glar turned towards the Epicanthix, who had taken down the IG-RM droid. The Epicanthix stood up, and wasted no time in getting off of the speeder train, and motioned for Glar to follow him. He quickly grabbed his suitcase, and followed him. He would need to find a safe place to stash it once he had a moment of downtime, but that certainly wasn’t now.

As they exited, the Epicanthix asked Glar for an explanation about what was going on, once things calmed down a bit. Glar nodded in agreement. The speeder train had stopped in the middle of one of Niamos’s many coastal cities. Fortunately for the two of them, it seemed that most of the people living here were relaxing on the beach, which meant that the streets were uncrowded, and easy for them to pass through. They arrived at a sectioned-off area with a small garden of ornamental bushes. Glar began talking, as he took his blaster out of his suitcase, loaded it, and put it in holster for later use.

“This seems like a safe spot. Now, I should tell you about the… situation. Niamos is controlled by the Pyke Syndicate.” (Glar assumed he knew what the Syndicate was at the very least) “The leader of operations here is a particularly unpleasant Pyke by the name of Xoj Camond. He also has the local police on his payroll, which is why we needed to get off of the train.”

Glar briefly paused to hide his suitcase behind one of the bushes.

“Also, in case you are wondering, my name is Glar Ulchtar.” (Considering this Epicanthix did not even know Niamos was in Pyke hands, Glar felt safe telling his full name to him.) “Would you mind telling me your name in return?”

Aedric frowned as Glar loaded his blaster, which he took as a sign that the Pyke was clearly expecting more company While he lacked the same weaponry, he felt that he should be able to look after himself, but that didn't do much to take him off the edge. As the other man began his explanation, Aedric slowly paced up and down the length of the garden, nodding along as he spoke.

"Right." He frowned, the Pykes explanation only really clearing up half of his explanation. "So those were syndicate members, which makes sense I suppose. Doesn't exactly clear up why they targeted you, but I guess something political, or something else I don't exactly understand." He wasn't actually particularly interested in clearing up that confusion, as it seemed he'd already inadvertendly chosen his side in this situation, and at least from what he could gather, it sounded as if he had chosen correctly.

"Mines Aedric." He replied to the greeting, finally coming to a halt with his pacing, and turning to the Pyke. "If he's got the police on his payroll, I guess you're, and now by extention me, are in a bit of a situation. What do you want to do? We can try find a ship and leave the planet, or whatever other idea you have?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom