Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Codex/Factory: Is it necessary?

When is it necessary to submit something to codex/factory? Could one just compile info in an Article or their bio instead?

sorry if this is in the wrong place

it is in the wrong place, my bad

Last edited:
Nope, you don’t need to sub stuff if you don’t want to. No one’s gonna show up to your house if you just explain something that you have somewhere else. Obviously if you have your super cool instakill blaster that people HAVE TO RESPECT people just won’t write with you.

Ideally let your writing partner know where they can find your stuff so it’s not a surprise when you do something cool with some item you have or you summon your goons to jump them.

Factory/Codex can be useful if you want to get deep into lore and stuff. Sometimes just worldbuilding is fun. And, as mentioned, it’s pretty useful to have a quick link to something you use often, particularly when it comes to combat.

Awesome!

What about when creating a faction? Do subs become more important then or could you just organize all the info in your faction's forum?

looks down
Oh, hello friendo

Last edited:
another question. putting it in codex makes it public from my understanding. but if we put the lore in a faction or a forum blog does that make it private and inaccessible to others if we want to? we want to create lore for private rp.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge
Neither is necessary, just recommended if you want something with special features or something you might not find on your average joe. We write our own main characters of a story bound to have a cool toy that sets out maybe. However an article could do fine too. I use a mixture of subbed and non subbed items for this char.

Great! Thank you both!

tumblr_oc2yznRDoI1vbooiso1_640.png

The factory functions as a reference for writers, and that's about it.

If you tell me 'my blaster does this' in a factory sub, that gives it a bit more legitimacy than just pulling the blaster out of nowhere and telling me it can shoot better than your average blaster pistol.

If you don't want to sub anything, you don't have to. If you tell me your blaster shoots lightning, most writers are willing to respect that without need for a sub. But if you wanna get into the nitty gritty of what your blaster does, then I'd recommend a sub in the factory. Same with the codex. It's all reference material for us nerds who want to be able to look at the strengths and weaknesses of an item, and see that the judges approved it.

I think the only exception is SSDs and Superweapons, which definitely require a factory sub and admin approval, or else you saying "I blow up this planet with this superweapon I've had all along!" is just gonna get shrugged off and considered non-canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom