Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Code Talking [OPEN]

The academy had a few standard lecture halls and the one assigned to Sinistra for teaching The Sith Code had a wide arc of tiered seating and desks so that all could see her on the lecture floor. There was a holoboard behind her for notes and she waited for the students to assemble, leaning on the table sitting in the middle of the lecture floor.

The board behind her glowed with the first line of the code:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

[member="Xavka Duquo"] | [member="Fortuna"] | [member="Kayden Ouron"] | [member="Gorteko Graye"] | [member="Ameli Trahir"] | [member="First Daughter"] | [member="Ostanes"]

I tagged those who signed up ahead of time but this is open to anyone. This will unfold more like an indepth discussion of the Sith Code and philosophy. Do not worry about posting order, respond to the remarks of all involved in the conversation as you might normally.

Gorteko entered the lecture hall, apparently the first of the acolytes to arrive. He couldn't help but notice the beginning to the sith code glowing across the board. He knew the lesson wouldn't start simply because one student arrived though. The sith would take a seat and await the arrival of the other acolytes, and then the start of the lesson.

[member="Sinistra"]

Kayden walked into the class room and noticed the glowing words. Never was much of a philosophy guy but i guess I don't have a lot of choice in the matter. Might as well get comfy and hope I don't fall asleep.

[member="Sinistra"]

"Becoming a Sith is as much about philosophy as it is about gaining power. The origins of our guiding tenet harken back to a time when there was an active religion that was devoted to the Dark Side, to the intermingling of our Dark Jedi forefathers with the Sith species to produce an Empire that would rival the storied light."

She gestured to the board and the words shimmered into a complete listing of the Code.

"However as we are not the birthed byproducts of that ancient joining, we come to the Sith through adoption. Our adoption of their ideals. We read the words, we commit them to memory. But we must make sure they never become meaningless rote. As a Sith, we must question the Code and understand that it is a living one, one that must adapt as we adapt to the galaxy we have now, not the one forgotten in the history books."

Her vocoder was loud as she spoke.

"What does 'Peace is a lie' mean?"

[member="Xavka Duquo"] | [member="Fortuna"] | [member="Kayden Ouron"] | [member="Gorteko Graye"] | [member="Ameli Trahir"] | [member="First Daughter"] | [member="Ostanes"]

Striding into the lecture hall on silent, if bared feet, Xavka was shrouded in a heavy, dark robe that obscured his figure and dragged slightly on the ground behind him. The cowl of the robe was currently pulled up so that it settled over his orat, his horns, and cast his face in shadows, leaving only his tattooed and darkly tanned chin visible. Even within the safety and security of the Sith Academy located on Glee Anselm, Xavka was hesitant to lower the cowl of his robes, hesitant to reveal his face to anyone. He lived in the shadows, embraced animosity due to his duties as an Assassin.

Pausing just over the threshold of the lecture hall, Xavka caught the question that Sinistra had just asked, even as he arched his torso into a shallow bow towards her in a silent gesture of his apology for being late in his arrival. Gliding over to one of the chairs that was positioned along the back row, choosing one that was much closer to the side of the hall than the door, Xavka lowered himself gratefully into the sear, letting his robe settle around him. Years upon years of training and experience had caused all of Xavka's actions to hold a certain level of grace to them that came from seeking to never waist any effort on an useless action.

Flicking his eye around the room, Xavka raised a brow at the lack of Acolytes that had attended the lesson. Xavka himself had attended more so that he could learn the view of others, to understand what philosophy others held, than to study the Code itself. However, even though he hadn't attended to study, Xavka had expected for there to be a larger attendance figure. Turning his focus to the question Sinistra had proposed, Xavka held his tongue, waiting to see if someone else spoke up first.

[member="Sinistra"]:
I've decided to just leave this as an 'introduction to the thread' type of post for Xavka. If there isn't another reply soon, I'll edit my post and tag you again. Hope that this is okay with you.

'While I would say I agree with the sith ideals, I must argue that the modern conception has been misconstrued. Many of the newer sith generations simply want to divide and conquer, or desire mindless violence, I don't feel that is what our forefathers intended for us with our doctrine.' Gorteko thought to himself as [member="Sinistra"] spoke. 'Though it appears that is what will be covered in today's lesson, hopefully everyone can learn something. Although, I could be entirely wrong about all of my ideals and beliefs.'

Upon hearing the question addressed to the class, the man pondered for a moment, before speaking, "Peace is a lie, means that conflict in inevitable. The will always be those with different views who seek conflict to prove points, or make gains. There will be power struggles over land, and resources. There will be deceit and betrayal. Peace is an ideal to grand to exist. I believe that is what 'Peace is a lie' means, my lord." Gorteko spoke from his seat, his voice was confident, almost strong. He believed in what he was saying.

[member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Kayden Ouron"]

Sinistra looked to Gorteko, the flash of light across the red lenses of her mask almost reminiscent of a glint in her eye as she engaged him.

"Yes but do you believe it is meant to guide the Sith as a whole? Or is the creed meant to be the personal code that governs our private actions."

She moved across the floor, pacing in discussion, willing her students to engage the conversation and explore their personal ideals.

Choosing the path of the Sith over something like Dark Jedi or an adept was a matter of principles and in order to accept them, they first must be understood so they would in turn be unshakable in the face of opposition.

"How does our interpretation of the Code differ when we apply 'Peace is a lie' to your own inner thoughts and feelings?"

[member="Gorteko Graye"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Kayden Ouron"]

[member=Sinistra] [member="Gorteko Graye"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Kayden Ouron"]

Again, Ameli found herself within the halls of a Sith Academy. Maybe her encounter with the Glee Academy would prove more fruitful, and less frustrating than her encounter with the one at Coruscant.

The topic of this lesson was different than most of the ones she had attended. Less about practical or physical training, this was an insight into Sith philosophy. Ameli, however, cared little for what it meant to be Sith, or for pushing the agenda of the Dark Lord. She was Sith, but only by association. Depending on who you asked, that was not enough.

Perhaps this lesson would convert her. Though the young blonde found it doubtful. She found it just as likely that she would either fall asleep or get thrown out. Yet for some reason, she had decided to show up and not skip this one.

Ameli had been keeping her head low and her voice lower, observing comfortably from her seat in the lecture hall. What compelled her to speak up she did not know, but for whatever reason, Ameli opened her mouth and engaged in discussion with the rest:

“No one grows strong in peace. Peace is death. When a Sith knows peace, she is no longer Sith.” by extension, she meant to say that if you’re Sith, you do not know peace - therefore it is a lie.

At least this part of the Code was something she could take to heart, and believe in. To her it was an inner individual thing, but it could probably apply to the Sith Order as a whole. Though she did not care much for the Sith agenda, she cared for power. Understanding that peace was a lie, to Ameli, was the same as understanding how to grow in power.

Sinistra knew the source material was a tad dry. No one really wants to discuss the Sith Code, they needed to know it, and understand it but there was no passion for it. Which considering the next part of the creed, was slightly amusing.

At least it was to Sinistra.

"Peace is a lie..." She spoke assuredly.

"There is only passion!" She shouted suddenly, jumping onto a desk in the first row of seats.

"Passion is the fire in your veins that is supposed to lead you to power! And yet every single one of you looks upon me and this class in scorn, as if you need no guidance, no understanding of the pitfalls and shortcomings of those who came before you."

She stepped from desk to desk, looking down on them from behind her mask, the fury igniting her presence and rolling through the room like a rumbling thunder.

"What is your fire?" She asked them, pointing to each of them in turn. "Why are you here?"

[member="Ameli Trahir"] [member="Gorteko Graye"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Kayden Ouron"]

Code? Osynth Leviated himself into the room. His large black eyes gazing at the board and the Teacher attempting to make her point. The Sith were fanatical and Zealous about what they believed but to this degree? What is your fire? Why are you here? The teacher asked the students. Osynth was unreadable in facial expression and yet in his mind a answer had formed.

" To learn rudimentary skills and principals involving the Sith and their Religion." The Columi levitated himself forward to find himself a nice comfy area to observe. Turning his head to the Teacher [member="Sinistra"] Osynth asked a question of his own.

" Why are you here?" A simple question but perhaps more complex when reversed on the Teacher.

[member="Ameli Trahir"]
[member="Gorteko Graye"]
[member="Xavka Duquo"]
[member="Kayden Ouron"]

Ameli watched with interest as the tutor of the day leapt onto the tables. It was always nice to see someone with passion for what they were doing. They made the best teachers.

Ameli didn't feel like what Sinistra said was entirely accurate in her case, though she did not doubt it held true for many of those who would be present. It was partially true, however. She did have that way of looking at everyone else as if they were servants. Her interest in other people often selfishly revolved around their immediate relevance and usefulness to herself.

Yet Ameli knew she needed guidance. If not, she would never have returned to these Academies. However this time she felt free of any shackles she had felt before. Ameli had simply been dropped off at one, with little knowledge or choice in the matter. Now her horizons had widened.

Passion. This was one of those points where the Sith Code lost her. Or... Suppose it was more accurate to say she was confused about this part, rather than not believing in it. She understood power came from strong emotions. The Dark Side drew upon hatred, anger... But Ameli, as far as Sith went, thought herself fairly cheerful. There was no lack of hatred in her, to be sure, but she was just as likely to skip down the halls in carefree bliss. Was this the wrong? Did this in any way hinder her potential? Did she have to become a large grumplord to elevate herself?

"My fire?" she returned the question, as if to buy herself time to come up with an answer. She didn't know, really. There was passion in her life, but it was hardly the cornerstone of her ideology. The second question was easier to answer, so she jumped over to that. Maybe it would even serve as an answer to both questions. "Power. I'm not as strong as I should be. I'm here to speed up the process" she smiled. There was something slightly obnoxious with the way she said it; acknowledging her shortcomings while still managing to come off as entitled.

[member="Sinistra"] [member="Osynth Obek"] [member="Gorteko Graye"] [member="Xavka Duquo"] [member="Kayden Ouron"]

"Freedom and power. Naturally."

She stepped around their things, before she hopped down to go back to the front. She stopped in the middle of the floor, her fingers tented in front of her as she spoke.

"In these halls, I am a nameless Sith, faceless to you. Voiceless apart from this metallic rasp. Likely, many of you do not know my name. It is not spoken in awe. It is not on the lips of others. Being well known is fame. Be wary of being so known that your actions are scrutinized and your behavior is pigeon-holed."

There was a low rumble from her speakers, the distortion of a chuckle.

"Outside these halls, I have a long and storied career in intelligence. I excel at espionage and my true power is best served rooting out our enemies on their turf, in their halls before they get a chance to organize and come at the One Sith. I live for the takedown, the quiet knife in the darkness. Out there, I name my missions, and I decide where and what shall fall next to my plans. So be aware. Fame is not power and power doesn't not come with fame. Power is subjective to each Sith just as peace is."

[member="Ameli Trahir"] [member="Osynth Obek"] [member="Gorteko Graye"] [member="Kayden Ouron"] [member="Xavka Duquo"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom