Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Cluvius Royal Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
AwdA8Qv.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create heirloom heavy armor for Liber Cluvius' use in battle and when commanding troops
  • Image Source: Drawn by me
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Heavy Armor
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Cluvius Royal Family
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Cluvius Royal Family | Liber Cluvius
  • Modularity: Yes; a helmet can be added, though it is not of the same quality or make as the armor
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Beskar plating, Durasteel reinforced under-segments, Armorweave, integrated SG-1001 "Vishnu" Military Shield, High-tech laminate Plastoid
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Cluvius Royal Armor
  • Weight: 30kg
  • Resistances:
- Blasters: Very High
- Kinetic: Average
- Lightsabers: High
- Standard slugthrowers: High
- Other: N/A

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Armor:
- Beskar plating with reinforced durasteel under-segments
- SG-1001 "Vishnu" Military Shield (integrated into armor)
  • Chestplate:
- 1x Magno-Clasp (on back)
  • Gauntlets:
- Retractable Knuckle Blade
- Wrist Comm
- Holomap Interface
- 2x Magno-Grip (activated via gloves on palms, to assist in avoiding being disarmed)
  • Belt:
- Advanced Rangefinders (x20 zoom, capable of tracking targets through solid objects with lock-on display)
- Comlink
- Imagecaster
- Aquata Breather
- Three days rations (in pill form)
  • Legs:
- Magno-Grip Soles

DESCRIPTION
The Cluvius Royal Armor is a heirloom passed down from generation to generation, specifically to the Lakan (Commander) of the Cluvius army. Over time, the armor has been improved, keeping it up-to-date with recent technology to maintain a field use advantage. Some portions have been replaced, some repaired and others lost - such as the helmet that originally completed the armor set. Colored with the blue-silver and bright red of the Cluvius Guard, the armor has more recently been altered to fit Liber's towering and broad frame.

The armor serves as an effective field command, with access to local mission holomaps on the gauntlet, and a utility belt that has numerous items for surviving and leading troops for days at a time. The armor has several methods of communication, as well as advanced rangefinders that are capable of locking onto specific targets and maintaining a simulated sight line even through solid mass, such as walls. However, the longer the target is out of sight, the less accurate the lock-on becomes. It also boasts an integrated "Vishnu" Military Shield, produced by Jaeger Solutions, which has removed the need for carrying a portable supply box for the item; it now has all its systems spread beneath the plating of the armor, primarily located on the back beneath the beskar and duratseel.

In the last several months, the armor has been updated to include rare Beskar, due to a local group of Mandalorians being disposed of on the planet Doldur (the Cluvius homeworld). The royal metal-smiths were able to use portions of the Mandalorian armor, reinforcing the resistances of the vital plating as a whole, and providing the Cluvius Prince with more protection while out in the field. The additional armor and mass means the set is heavier, but due to the segmented properties of the plating, there is still a high degree of flexibility and maneuverability for Liber.

Strengths:
  • Strong Plating: The main armor segments are composed of Beskar and reinforced with durasteel. This means those areas are highly Resistant to blasters, kinetic damage and lightsaber strikes and can take multiple blows before failing. This also accounts for most of the weight of the armor.
  • SG-1001 "Vishnu" Military Shield: The Vishnu shield offers amazing protection against energy, sonic and environmental threats. Being integrated into the armor itself, it no longer has the disadvantage of having a portable supply box that can be damaged.
  • Segmented Flexibility: Because the armor is segmented over the vitals, this allows the wearer to move more freely in combat and have a greater flexibility and speed, at the cost of more armor coverage.
  • Field Command: This armor has an assortment of supplies and gear specifically designed for field command, when in use for battle or when required to strategically order troops.
Weaknesses:
  • No Helmet: The armor doesn't have a helmet, which was lost a generation ago on the battlefield.
  • Weight: The armor, despite being in segmented plate-form, is heavy and requires considerable physical strength to not be over-encumbered.
  • Segmented Openings: While the vital areas are highly protected, the rest of the armor is a combination of reinforced armorweave and laminate plastoid, which isn't as resistant to damage as the main plating.
  • Non-Kinetic Shield: The Vishnu shield has little defense against kinetic attacks, such as slugthrowers and bladed weaponry. Such kinetic attacks are able to go through the shield with relative ease.

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
Liber Cluvius said:
Magnetic Field: The Magnetic Field generated by the coils is capable of deflecting blaster bolts and lightsaber strikes. However, a precise strike could penetrate the field and strike the armor (and possibly the wearer directly).

I have never seen magnetic fields being able to deflect energy-based weaponry or lightsabers, and most lightsaber-resistant materials are restricted materials. If you can reference any canon or Legends material that directly attribute to this capability, we'll further discuss this. If not possible, I'd like this toned down or removed completely.

Otherwise, everything else looks good. Tag me when edits are done. Thanks!

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
Hey, [member="Arken Lussk"].

I'm not sure about canon references, but there's these:

With potentially more, though I felt these were adequate to prove it's not a new concept. Although I notice those ones don't really explain 'how' either, so as to the function itself, I guess it comes down to space magic (not to sound frivolous, it's just I can't think of how to explain them beyond what they have been, and having been approved already)?

Is this okay?

Wrong account, sorry

On second thought, I think I'd rather just avoid the mag-coils. Would I be able to rework the shielding to be the Vishnu Shield, instead? I have permission to use it from the Slave.

Reasons for this being it's a more fully-realized unit, and has definitive strengths and weaknesses, as opposed to the more open mag-coil method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom