Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

419ab765.png

City of Bilbousa

Jacob was sat in silence in the cantina, reclused to a corner booth just watching everyone else minding their own business. Drinking, chatting, flirting, gambling. Anything and everything was happening before him, and the only thing Jacob felt was annoyance.

As of a couple day ago, he had recieved another tip from his 'mysterious informant' about the location of his missing lightsaber. They had proven reliable in their previous information on his father, but he couldn't help but feel a little but irked by the fact he hadn't just simply been informed about this while he was still on Nar Shaddaa. It would've been a literal jump from moon to planet. Rather than flying all the way back to Maena, only to leave again almost a week later.

Jacob's gaze lingered to his gloved hand, the rational part of his mind kicking in. Right, I wasn't exactly in the greatest states of health after Nar Shaddaa.

His thought drifted off as his eyes lingered towards the cantina's door, specifically towards a Rodian that too seemed to be minding his own business, but every so often his head would shift towards one of the building's side entrances.

He was part of a smuggler gang, masquerading as merchants. Their importance to Jacob at least, was they supposedly had his lightsaber, somehow. Jacob had spent the better part of four days scouting them out, fully intending to just roll into their little hideout and taking what was his. But he quickly realised the foolishly of such an action, and instead opted for a little bit of backup.

This would hopefully come in the form of one [member="Connor Harrison"]. Jacob had recalled the man saying he could call upon him if needed, and he did just that. About a day ago he had sent a simple message to Connor asking for his help on Nal Hutta. Now he waited, the faux mechants weren't going off planet soon, and this was something Jacob could remain patient for.

That and he was also curious to see how Connor had changed, whether the man had found the solution to his problems. And vice versa, how would he react to the new Jacob? The one he had seen with Irajah Ven, the disheveled, not knowing what or who he was, was no more. Replaced by someone more confident, held himself better and that once lingering darkness within him had fully settled into his heart.

Another new city to venture to, and another new face.

Well, not quite new. Jacob Crawford was one struggling to find himself as much as Connor Harrison had. Both in the company of one Doctor Irajah Ven, and both now - possibly - in a better place. Maybe she was a lucky charm after all.

While he didn't know much about Jacob, if anything at all, he had some respect for the man and seemed a decent fellow. Connor had said he would help if he could, and the message to meet on Nal Hutta sounded as if that request was going to be called in.

The city was a bit of a wasteland in all honesty, but it seemed very what-you-see-is-what-you-get and with little frills or propaganda than what he was used to on Avalonia. A place that reminded him of the lower levels of Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa.

Following the coordinates to the cantina on the city outskirts, Connor walked through with his head held high in his usual black and crimson garb, scanning the patrons for the face he just about remembered.

And there at one end was Jacob. Connor nodded to himself and walked through to reach the man sat there, passing by a Rodian as he did who seemed a bit of a sort.

"Jacob?” He reached the table and extended his hand. "Nice to see you again.”

Jacob already seemed different without even opening his mouth.

[member="Jacob Crawford"]

Even though his focus had solely been on his mark, Jacob had felt that familiar little tick in the back of his mind, feeling a presense in the Force as it landed on the planet. But it wasn't until it had finally reached the doors of the cantina, that he realised it was Connor.

Jacob was happy, glad to see the man had answered his call. As Connor made his way in; looking for him, Jacob made no effort to call to him. There was no need for any needless attention; even if it would seemingly be drowned by the varied commotion going on all around. Someone was always listening, always watching.

Case in point with him and the Rodian right now. The reptilian in question looked at Connor as he passed, but was quickly disinterested and returned to anxiously waiting.

Once Connor had finally sighted him, Jacob gave a slight nod and waited for the man to close the last bit of distance. As he approached, Jacob took in how he walked, the way he held himself. There was a distinct lack of that uncertainty he had back on Irajah's ship; when they had first met.

"Connor." He began, shaking the man's hand with his own gloved one. "I'm glad to see you came."

He motioned for him to take a seat.

"How have things been since we last spoke?"

[member="Connor Harrison"]

With a small smile, Connor seated himself and laced his fingers on the table.

"Good, thank you,” he said honestly. "Best thing I did was leave you all when I did, because I would have been useless in my state back then.”

He rolled his eyes gently and sniggered, but had to mention the change in Jacob.

"How about you? I have to say there's a noticeable difference since last time. Did you find what you were looking for, or at least hoping to?”

Turning around, he tried to catch the eye of a staff member - he could do with a drink.

"I agree," he began, his tone dry as he looked at Connor. "From what I remember, you would've certainly been useless in helping."

It was a statement; a blunt one at that. But there was no emotion in the words, Jacob held no bad blood towards the man seated before him.

Then within the next second there was a trace of smile on his face.

"But I'm glad, happy even to see you seem to have found what you were missing."

He paused, his head lolling to the side slightly as he looked at Connor; as if analysing him.

"I can practically feel it." He muttered.

Jacob grumbled slightly, massaging his temples briefly. He really needed to tune down his Force senses.

"For me? Well I finally found someone who could heal my mind, piece it back together. That, and smother the shell of a man I was before."

He opened his mouth to speak, but paused when one of the cantina's staff; a twi'lek male, finally walked up to their table.

"Welcome," he began, nodding to Connor. "What can I get you?" He asked, then turned to look at Jacob. "And do you wish to order now?"

Jacob just grumbled as he waved a hand towards Connor. "Whatever he's going to be having."

Connor gave Jacob a questioning look. There was a difference, as subtle as a ronto walking through a market square. His words were blunt and even his physical appearance was like a hard shell, tough and resolute.

As the Twi'lek came over, Connor was about to speak until Jacob did, and then double taked. He certainly wasn't in the mood for small talk or pulling punches.

"Two whiskeys and pitcher of water, please. And some spiced nuts.”

The Twi'lek nodded with the order and left.

Connor sighed and turned back to Jacob who, if he didn't know better, had already had a few the way he looked.

"I don't think I need to ask what side of things you sit on now, Jacob. So who was it that broke the reek's back and sorted you?”

Whatever the reason was for coming here, Connor didn't think it was going to be something nice and quiet.

As the Twi'lek had been jotting down the order, Jacob's eyes were on Connor, but it was clear his attention wasn't there. In fact he was watching, from the corner of his eye towards the Rodian. Still waiting, fidgetting, his left attenna twitch in anxiety. Oh just you wait, you're going to be damning yourself when I'm done with you and your friends.

Once the server was gone, only then did Jacob's full attention return to the table's other occupant.

"Mhm, I have no qualms with what path I've chosen to walk." He paused at that point, head tilting to side; a force of habit, as he thought on Connor Harrison.

What to tell him, how much to tell him.

To Jacob right now, Connor was but an acquaintance; specifically one he had acquired while still a shell.

He was no friend, but certainly not an enemy either.

An ally then, why not? Jacob had already gone out of his way to reforge what friendship he had with Irajah. So why not do something similiar here.

"Lady Matsu Xiangu, she's the one who has healed me, forged something better out of what I had been before."

A look crossed Jacob's face, mainly in his eyes. It was clear he held reverence towards Matsu, and wasn't abashed to show it.

"I landed on Maena, I-" Jacob paused to let out a knowing chuckle, as if recalling a memory. "I blew up a beach there. It was certainly one way of grabbing her attention."

Silence then fell, beneath the racket of the cantina. His eyes and senses were watching Connor, wondering what he would tell.

"How about you Connor. What has occured on your journey so far?"

Tapping his fingers gently together while Jacob talked, more names were dropped that really did make it a small world. Connor was genuinely interested at how the spiders-web was woven and how the little flies all seemed to get caught in it.

To what gain? What was the wider plan?

He had not seen or contacted Matsu Xiangu in a long time, since the events on the Ring of Kafrene. Since then however her name had come up in various conversations with various other Dark Side agents. Was he part of a much bigger plan by the Sorceress?

"I see, I see,” was all he could say. "I’ve not really explored Maena, but I know of it.”

He sat back as the drinks came, two glasses placed down, with another two empty ones and a jug of water and a bowl of nuts.

"Thank-you. And me? Well I managed to get a little cleansing in Dxun not long ago with help from an old friend of mine. Really knew her stuff when it came to ripping out the tendrils of the Light that held me back. It’s been a painful journey since I left you both, but it’s been beneficial. I’m still not exactly in a good place, but I’m at the bottom of the ladder shall we say, and I can only go up.”

He reached over and took a glass and raised it.

"To…possibilities.”

"Indeed, I very much prefer to see it as - It's much better to be at the bottom and watch, then be thrown up above without any support."

A veiled message to his fellow Acolyte, an invitation to be allies, at least as they both climbed their respective ladders.

Jacob took his glass and raised it.

"To the future."

With that said, he brought the drink to his mouth and downed a small amount of the liquor. Jacob immediately recoiled slightly, biting back the expression of distaste that appeared on his face.

"I don't think I'll ever acquire a taste for this stuff." He grumbled. And who would? Alcoholics probably.

He felt his thoughts darken as he was reminded of his father. No, that man is dead now. Gone and will forever be forgotten.

"Let's get to the reason why I called you here, shall we?" After another sip Jacob placed the glass down. He looked at Connor, directly at the man's eyes. Then Jacob flickered his own to the side, indicating Connor to look behind.

As he did, Jacob reached forward to the bowl of nuts and picked up small handful.

"The man you passed as you came in, the Rodian. He's part of a group - smugglers under a merchant facade. They have somehow acquired an item of mine that they should never have been able to obtain."

He paused, taking the moment to consume some of the nuts.

"My old lightsaber, from when I was a Jedi."

With a little snort of laughter, Connor nodded to Jacob and took a drink, before the got comfy to listen to why he was here.

"You’ll get used to this stuff. Trust me, I used to drink just Blue Milk with the Jedi but I needed something to break that memory.”

So. The Rodian at the door was still there, gabbing to some friends. Turning in his chair, Connor glanced over to see him there. It seemed lowlifes had a habit of taking things that weren’t theirs. He turned back to Jacob, and took some nuts in his hand to eat.

"You want my help getting your saber back form a grub like him? Either you’re not as strong as you seem or there’s something more to this.”

He popped a nut in and crunched it.

"Can’t you just wait until he’s outside and take him somewhere a little secluded and break a bone or three?”

"True, I suppose it's a better alternative than being addicted to stimulants." That was something Jacob was most certainly glad was past him now.

He glared slightly at Connor, only to roll his eyes a moment later.

"Of course there's something more to it. If it were a simple matter I wouldn't have wasted your time."

Jacob grabbed his drink again, taking a small sip before settling into his seat.

"For one I don't intend to leave any loose ends, broken bones and bruised egos will no doubt result in them rearing their ugly heads in my affairs at some point in the future."

Death. That's what he had in store for them.

"That, and I highly doubt the small fry there actually has my lightsaber. He's part of a twelve man group, they have a nice little hidey hole in the outskirts of Bilbousa. Their leader rarely ever comes here, so the probability that he confines himself to their hideout is high."

Jacob paused to take another sip of his drink.

"From what I've gathered from watching them, they come together every so often; here on Nal Hutta. That Rodian is a watcher, waiting for the last of the men to arrive so they can all finally convene at their place. That is where we will be going."

He looked at Connor after just dumping that information out. Jacob gave small shrug.

"I've been here for four days already, scouting them out since I landed here. When I realised that I wasn't just dealing with one or two guys, I sent the message to you."

Itching the side of his head, Connor turned again casually to glance around but clock the Rodian again as Jacob talked. It was funny how much a difference a bit of time away could make. This man was nothing like the one he had met previously, and the experience he had gone through was intriguing Connor.

But he doubted he'd get much out of him right now.

"So you call me in to help rough up the heavies, send a message and take your saber back.”

He contemplated for a moment, having nothing or nowhere really to go. It would be one of the last times this chance arose, because if plans with the First Order took of, he'd soon be fighting and representing a much larger and deadlier force than he had before.

Connor glance over again, tapping his fingers on the table before returning to his drink.

"Alright. I said I'd help you, and so I will. I just hope you have a plan as not to get caught and draw attention to yourself.”

Curiosity. That's what Jacob could feel from Connor, and he couldn't blame the man. If you could put the two Jacob's; both present and past, side by side, it would be like night and day in comparison.

One might even go so far as accusing him of being possessed, given how quickly the turnabout had been. But the simple reality was that Jacob had gotten lucky.

Lucky that he had found [member="Matsu Xiangu"]. Lucky that she had seen something in him, enough to take him on and help him.

And now here he was, the real Jacob; who he should've been for years now. The memories he had regained had indicated as much.

Jacob quirked an eyebrow at what Connor said.

"You're not concerned about yourself? About potential attention being drawn to you too?"

He posed the question even though Jacob knew it wouldn't be much of an issue.

"Doesn't particular matter I suppose, I don't intend for there to be any attention put on us at all by the end of this."

As he reached for his glass, Jacob's attention was drawn back to the Rodian, just as a Duros walked up to him. The two conversed briefly, before they both departed from the cantina.

In that instance Jacob forgot about the drink, and his entire being seemed to shift, ready to get moving.

"It's show time." He said, giving Connor a nod.

Jacob reached into his pocket with a gloved hand, pulling out several credit chips and placed them on the table. It was clearly a tad bit more than was needed to pay for the drinks. But if one was familiar with the Underworld it meant a specific thing; discretion.

Standing up, Jacob began to head for the cantina's exit.

Connor stood with Jacob as his intended targets moved out, and he left the contents of the table where they were.

"As you say, I don’t intend to leave much to go on after this or to trace back. I have no current footprint, so no trouble for me.”

He gestured with his hand outwards for Jacob to follow, and Connor did a quick sweep of the establishment to make sure they hadn’t already attracted unwanted attention, but everything seemed normal. Music was playing, drink was flowing, conversation was rife. Nobody would care for the two humans.

The air outside was humid and thick, and a little dank. But the small hovel was lit by a few neon lights around the rooftops and there wasn’t much activity on the streets. The Duros and the Rodian were making distance between the cantina and where they were heading.

"I take it you want to follow them to get where they are going, and then break things up, or intercept before they get there to pull the others out.”

The moment they had left the cantina, Jacob's eyes were immediately on the targets they were tracking. It was clear he had done this before; following them. The Rodian was always the constant, his companion the variable; last time it had been a Twi'lek that had accompanied him. Nevertheless they still took the usual streets, around the same corners.

"Their little hideout has a very distinctive flaw; it's entrance and exit is one in the same. So they're going to be gather in one place, and can be dealt with in a single action."

As Jacob and Connor continued their pursuit, their targets moved around the last corner finally leaving the boundaries of Bilbousa and into the outskirts.

"Stop." Jacob said quietly, as they too neared boundry. He had no intention of being spotted, so staying within the shadows if the last building kept them hidden. Several moments later the sound of an engine starting was heard, proceeded by the Duros and Rodian speeding off in a landspeeder.

Jacob was nonplussed about this fact, hell he even looked pleased that everything seemed to be going as he had expected.

"This way." He motioned for Connor to follow, as Jacob moved around the corner and made a short jog towards an open garage area. It was fairly obvious this had been where their target's had gotten their speeder.

Jacob moved over to a covered mass, tugging the tarp off to reveal a RGC-18 Landspeeder beneath it. It looked fairly standard, aside from an obvious marking being scratched into one side; an obvious clue that it was owned by some gang.

Rather than immediately hopping into the driver's seat, Jacob instead went around to the back and with a swift flick of his wrist; and the Force, a sizable compartment popped open. Inside was a small collection of weapons, mainly consisting of various basic melee weapons but also included a couple small blasters.

"Take your pick, if you so wish." Jacob at least did so, reaching in and pulling out a pair of daggers. He slipped them on his belt alongside the blaster that had already been situated there.

He left Connor to choose if he picked anything or not, either way the man was left to close the compartment after he was finished. Jacob on the other hand finally hopped into the driver's seat and began fiddling with the controls, which were just a mess of wires and machinery. It was pretty clear someone; one who didn't have proper access, had pulled it apart to work around it. Either way, the engine was soon on and ready to get going.

Jacob waited until Connor was onboard, before setting off towards their destination. Perhaps this period of travel would allow time for some questions and answers.

Connor stayed silent, but alert, and followed Jacob through the streets and in the shadows. It was getting darker, which would only be a good thing. Stopping at his sign, Connor kept his eyes peeled on the fleeing speeder, wondering what was going to happen, just as a new landspeeder was uncovered beside them, and he hadn’t even noticed.

"Well, you certainly came prepared,” he mused.

Stepping beside Jacob, Connor whistled gently at the weaponry. This was certainly all acquired through nefarious means, and looked enough to cause a great deal of trouble. He took a good look over what was there as the speeder was soon kicked into throttle and prepared to move.

"I’ll take this,” he said to himself, going for a small blaster pistol.

He weighed it up, and it looked like a basic A180. Lightweight but with rapid fire and a good punch to it. Enough to be cumbersome, but to do the job when pressed against the base of a skull or stomach.

The blaster was flicked to safety mode and slotted between his belts beside the hilt of the lightsaber, and Connor walked around to climb inside and seat himself. Within a minute, Jacob had them heading out.

Squinting against the breeze whipping around them, he talked a little louder of the noise.

"Colour me curious. What did Xiangu do to you then to bring to this state? Safe to say I know that once she gets her claws in, it’s not easy to come out the same as you once were.”

Jacob said nothing initially, a look of contemplation on his face. He glanced over at Connor, but kept most of his attention on the actual driving.

"My mind was shattered and fragmented because of the Netherworld. I was nothing; no dark, no light. Just a...neutral husk of a man. The Jacob before was nothing more than a shell, and a pathetic one at that. What Lady Xiangu did was piece it back together; bring about the person I was always suppose to be."

Just who and what exactly that person would be, was left unanswered. Jacob continued their pursuit, weaving the landspeeder across the differing terrain as they followed. Either way there was still bit more of the journey to go. Though frankly even if the Duros and Rodian ahead of them dissappeared from their sight, he'd have no issue getting to the hideout still.

"Anyway," he began, changing the subject matter. "If I recall correctly, the last time we spoke you had voiced your intentions of joining the First Order. Were you successful in that?"

Connor listened, one hand resting on the side of the speeder, catching the night air in his palm as Jacob piloted. The fact Matsu had practically re-built this man from his mixed state was evident, and made sense – the sever change in his aura, the biting personality, the anger he seemed to bear openly. Typical trait of one pieced back together by the will of a Sith Lord and a group out for one gain.

He looked over at Jacob as he spoke and posed his question.

"Well, I can’t say my path has been as…eventful as yours, but yes, I managed to find my way to the First Order. As much as the Sith core is strong in me, I’ve seen a side to them I don’t quite sit with. I can’t place it, and it may change, but right now the First Order are a might to be reckoned with. They took me in and are building me up to work with their units and take the fight to the likes of the Alliance and, hopefully, the Silver Jedi.”

As the speeder crested a dune, he automatically pointed in the direction of their targets, in case Jacob hadn’t seen them.

"It’s everything an order as theirs should be. Unyielding in the eyes of others, but bursting with opportunity, power and resource for their own. That’s what I need. That’s all I’ve known. To be part of something big and play a part where one day I may lead others doing the same.”

He glanced over.

"If you ever have cause for it, you should see what they can offer you – or you offer them – the more of us the better. A force to be reckoned with.”

With a smile, he looked back away into the night.

"So where are you stationed, or aligned? Do you operate out of Maena with the Sith or what.”

Jacob mused quietly to himself, listening to what Connor had to say and filing it away in his mind. They had both gone down different paths; to different Orders, and the steps they had taken might've been different. But there seemed to still share the same thing if you looked deep enough. They were both traversing the Dark Side of the Force. The Orders could dissolve, ranks could be stripped away and that would not change.

"I do agree with that sentiment." He began, nodding his head in agreement. "We may be across different Orders, but we still share the same goal of extinguishing the Light."

Sith versus Jedi. Imperial versus Republic. Dark versus Light.

It was a repeated history. The name's might change over time, but it was still the same at the very barest level.

"While I doubt I'll have cause to go there any time soon." As he was at this point, quite content on following where Matsu went. "I do believe I should get out about the galaxy some more, whether that be with First Order folks or not."

The truth of the matter was that since his time back; both in the galaxy and in the correct state of mind, he hadn't done much to refamiliarise himself with the galaxy.

Jacob turned the speeder around another bend, but rather then following directly after their targets he pulled them left and up onto a hilltop. Stopping there, they had a perfect vantage of some mountains ahead and in time to see the other speeder disappear into a natural cave dug into the rock.

"To answer your last question - I suppose I do operate out of Maena; as it is Lady Xiangu's home, so it would make sense. The Sith in general though do not."

He had brought the vehicle to a halt, but didn't shut off the engine. It was clear he intended to still use it, even as he climbed out of it.

"I must do something now. Do not interrupt, no matter what happens." He made no effort to explain what exactly that was, before Jacob lowered himself down and knelt on the ground.

Jacob had stumbled upon this when he had last been on Maena, it had certainly been a more incidental discovery. Though the planet was riddled with dark side energy, a lot more so in certain areas. So it had been easy to let his mind just wander, but was just easy to lose yourself too. Here on Nal Hutta it was a different story, it would be more of a test.

He curled the Force around him, gathering it to one point. Then his presence in the Force seemed to tear itself away from the physical body, gradually moving towards the mountainside. Jacob's entire body began to tremble; not too dissimilar to how he would shake before, only this time there was no threat of being lashed out at. Jacob's senses stretched out, reaching blindly past the cave and towards where he could feel a presence.

"There's someone - alone near the inner entrance. A man; he's....guarded, agitated and nervous."

The trembling began to worsen as Jacob tried to stretch his senses further, a trickle of blood appearing from his nose. He pushed forwards though, managing to pick up a mass of presences further in, all grouped together. But before he could get any details, he was suddenly brought back to reality; letting out a strangled gasp.

"Well, that went better than expected I suppose."

Jacob let out a pained groan as he slowly pushed himself back up right, legs slightly wobbling.

"Well you found me this time, so if you need an alliance or a hand to take out there to show you another side of things, just let me know.”

Jacob, while clearly a different man to that he met before, was now on a similar wavelength. Confidence and a drive to eradicate the Light. Two different paths for one goal. That made them allies however the fight took them.

Stepping out of the speeder once it stopped at Jacob’s destination, he didn’t get much time to talk before he was silenced, and instructed to do little else.

Watching Jacob, and then out to where the mountains seemed to dwarf them, and where his suspects had probably ended up. Connor stayed quiet and looked between the two as Jacob started to react to the pressure and power he was building up. Heightened concentration – too much if anything – cause his body to shake and blood vessels to burst; but Connor did nothing as instructed.

He gasped after the final piece fell in, and collapsed down, but, as instructed, Connor didn’t move to help him. Instead, he nodded and looked out.

"Good work.” He glanced over. "Be careful how much you focus next time – you nearly fell into a fit then my friend. Don’t push your body too much. Listen to it next time.”

Connor moved away to the shadow of the mountains to do a quick bit of recon. All seemed quiet, and calm. There was no noise; no talk or footsteps. He looked to Jacob and waved him over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom