Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clash of the Titans [Jacen Cavill & people on Corellia]

Coronet City, Corellia

As the Bloody Pilgrim set down in Coronet City's spaceport, Fabula had to actively concentrate to stop herself from being overwhelmed. She'd felt powerful planetary spirits before, but nothing like this. There was a strange dichotomy to Corellia's aura, half-tamed, half-wild, and that was curious, but what caught her attention was the sheer potency of the Force on the planet. Where Coruscant felt muted and dead, Corellia was so very alive. She could practically taste the Force in the air, as thick as when she wandered around the Coruscant Temple.

It was only that thick when there were powerful Force sensitives nearby.

She couldn't sit around meditating on Corellia's spirit all day long, though, if for no other reason than because the docking authorities would very much enjoy her paying for the privilege of landing. Her ship lurched to a halt and Fabula made a point of clipping Alndys Merrill's toolbelt tighter to her waist, using the security of knowing her lightsabers were close at hand as a bit of a security blanket. Tapping a few buttons on her console's touchscreen, she transferred her docking money to the spaceport's account, siphoning just a bit more from the tiny stipend she had earned doing salvage work with Alna. She'd need to go find some more time for that, too; she was starting to run a little low.

At the bottom of the boarding ramp, though, she had to blink and check her datapad to make sure she had actually left Coruscant. To someone so wrapped up in the natural, wild Force, Coronet City felt very much like the galactic capital. It was one more place she hadn't been, one more place she felt called to go to, but she didn't have to like it. It was wild, it was vibrant, and it was unnatural in the purest sense of the word. Such conflict simply shouldn't have existed, and definitely not on such scale. There was something sick here, if not on a metaphysical level then definitely on a spiritual one. She'd have her work cut out for her.

Fabs wandered her aimless way into Coronet City's skyways, her heart open to the Force to attempt to find the source of the spiritual knot that had smacked her in the face when she touched down. Something was going to go down. She simply had to wait around until it happened, and make sure that it was resolved in the best interests of the Force.
@[member="Jacen Cavill"]

Coronet City, Corellia

The obnoxious suit and tie he had been confined to for most hours of the day were gone, his annoying glasses in a desk drawer. His ring that had been given to him by Soliael was in the same drawer, and it's "power" was null so far away from him. Sometimes it was good to just let your aura out, and in Protectorate space he could freely do that. Whatever need he had for secrecy, and keeping his connection to the force a secret was thrown out the window today. Cade Lee had left all the necessary messages, and had attended all the meetings. Whatever important designs needed to be looked at, or stupid official for the ruling government who needed him could wait. All he wanted was something that had become precious to the man who had faked his own death to get away from the Empire so he could live his life and run his business the way he saw fit.

Solitude.

Cloaked in a simple long piece of brown cloth he had fashioned into a tunic, a bit of the silver durasteel armor he wore was visible through a hole in the fabric. Finally restored to his proper posture and warrior's stride, Jacen simply let the darkness emanate from him freely. Everyone avoided him as he walked with his head lowered just searching. On worlds such as these, he could easily find a target, anything to practice on. Keeping the majority of who he was sheltered up save for practice bouts in secret, or physically training alone during his mornings wasn't enough. On times like these when he had his freedom, he simply would put his Iron Skin armor weave on, slap on the durasteel plating and his lightsaber and see what the Force could bring him. There was master plan at work, one that he was building on. Patience wasn't Darth Kryptus' strong suit, and he just wanted to kill something.

Thankfully, it seemed on this day he wasn't alone. Whoever you are, why are you following me? Kryptus didn't have an answer, and instead of walking to a barren area like usual, he wandered further into the city. It wasn't out of fear, Cavill merely was curious. Through the darkness, he was able to get a handle on an aura of immense power. Who in the feth sent you? His questions left him wondering about all the possibilities as he walked through the thickening crowd. Has the Empire finally found out who I am? Or did the Republic send an agent after me? The aura was not the purest he had felt, nor was it a black pit in the Force like he had become. Time for a different tactic...

Seeing an opening, Jacen circled around the nearby fountain and stayed close to a group of merchants. Briefly squashing his aura, he caught sight of the woman who he could feel through the Force and looped around her. It was only the briefest of glances, but it was enough that it caused the Sith Lord to pause in his tracks in the middle of the throng of people. Standing to his full height of two meters, he let a smile flash across his features. "Who are you, and why are you following me? You simply need to stop with the trailing and state what you want." His words were smooth as silk, and his tone even friendlier. Yet his body language told the true story, Jacen Cavill was not pleased. So he advanced like a predator, while keeping the smile that was practiced from his noble upbringing as he drew closer.

People moved, but they didn't understand what was about to happen. Hell, he didn't either.

@[member="Fabula Cavataio"]

In the few months Fabula and Lynn had been practicing what little they had gleaned of Matukai teachings, it had become clear that in the "body" of the Force, the Dark Side was a cancer. This was self-evident on almost every single "sick" world the girl went to. Coruscant labored under corrupt politicians and malicious delegates, tainted Dagobah was a shadow of what it could have been, Sanyassa stank of nothing but pure wickedness, and each of those planets suffered for it. The Force was thick on Corellia, but it was conflicted. When she came upon a whisper on its winds, a stink that she was all too familiar with, Fabs knew that she had found the root of this corruption.

Well...a root. Her work wasn't so easy as to simply be done after a little weed-pulling.

Her senses, honed from countless hours wandering forgotten wastes for the faintest hint of life, were far more than was necessary to pick through a sea of the Force-blind proletariat for a single Force user. Throwing herself to the Force, Fabula simply followed where it directed. Without much ado and through hordes of muggles without the faintest hint off an idea of the larger world they were about to get pulled into, the little Witchknight was rewarded with a response from her prey. Telepathic, which she really should've expected from someone so attuned to the greater galaxy.

He had stopped. Fabula stepped out of the crowd and stopped with him. Immediately, any average being looking at the two of them could've made a pretty good assumption of how any confrontation would end. The man was massive, broad-shouldered, who could probably stop slugs with his bare, manly chest. Meanwhile, Fabs was almost a full foot shorter, had little visible musculature, and looked as if the only way she'd be stopping bullets was if they shot her in her crash padding. Fortunately, in the Force, all things are equal. She cast aside any ideas at how physically capable he was and focused only on his presence in the Force, for that was the deciding factor in any engagement.

When he finally spoke, Fabula came to a stop and clasped her hands in front of her. "Is it possible to follow someone when neither of you know where your paths lead?" So cryptic. Being near Jedi seemed to be coloring her vocabulary. "I have no idea why I'm here, why I'm following you, or what brought me to this planet. The Force hasn't burdened me with excess, least of all excess knowledge." Her gaze was as dead as ever. A sane being probably would've been terrified; in the face of Sith Masters, the little renegade Witch knew only purpose.

"This world is ill. It's caught in an unnatural flux and unable to achieve balance. Any other planet would labor and cough under such pain, but this world simply endures." Finally, her expression descended into a sneer. "It's 'unique,' in the worst sense of the word. An aberration in the fabric of the galaxy. A cancer in the soul of the worlds." Fabula's gaze finally met that of the man before her. "The Dark Side is part of its illness, a source or a symptom I'm not yet sure. A good healer will begin her treatment by cutting infected flesh."

Fabs' expression further degraded into a frown, her hands dropping to her sides. "In the time the Force lead me to follow you, I've seen the havoc you wreck on the world around you. Simply your passing has caused damage to the life around here, and I dare not think about what your actions have caused." Crossing her arms under her bust, Fabula narrowed her eyes at the revolting reflection of what she had been born into. "Please leave before you cause more pain."
@[member="Jacen Cavill"]

Cavill crossed his durasteel covered arms across the simple robe he was wearing, exposing the tarnished metal. His gaze flicked down to her feet, and the entire populace around him dissapeared. Every bit of his focus shifted to just them, and the other beings around them became white noise to him. Whatever she was saying, it didn't matter, he was feeling for her and around her with the darkness. It as perverse, and he knew her aura wouldn't appreciate his darkness just examining her the way it was. Right now all of his attention was on that aura, and he was measuring his against hers. It was elementary at it's core to do something so base, but in combat with Force User's it was what mattered. He knew he towered over her, had over a hundred pounds on her easily. This was more to see what she truly was, and not just what his vision would pick up on when he finally stopped staring at her flats.

Then they traveled up wards, taking in the black clothing. He looked at her frame, her build. Just the way she held herself was vital for the next few moments. Her balance was perfect, and he knew he wasn't dealing with some woman off the street. No, she was a warrior, and he hadn't even made it to her hips yet. There was no imbalance, it was a perfect 50-50 stance with her weight resting in the middle. It was pure reactionary posing, where as he had his feet planted This woman was ready for anything, and he was perfectly content to not move. Jacen caught bits of what she was saying, but her tone was what concerned him more. She had danced like this before, but he also could sense she was just going through the motions on this as well. She knew he wouldn't just walk away, what darksider in their right mind would just say "okay, you win I"m sorry."

Then his eyes hit the metal brazier, and they stayed locked on right there.

"You know, you keep saying I should leave," his eyes never left her chest as he took another daring step forward. "Yet, I like it here. This world should be grateful to have my presence here, and I intend to stay. I've never been one to listen." He finally looked up at her, and he noted her features while making sure to have a mocking expression on his face. "You talk about cutting away an infection, when I'm minding my own business. You want to judge me for things I haven't done...yet." Cavill took another step forward and threw the plain cloak off exposing his full durasteel armor. Tempted to activate the helmet that would form over his face, he didn't. No, he wanted her to see his face for this.

Slowly, but surely all of his focus shifted inwards. Instead of feeling out into the world and finding his place in the universe, Cavill made himself the center of the universe and the Force bent to his will. Rage, pain, anger, and all those negative emotions flooded out from inside of him and saturated his muscle cells. Will, intent, and purpose all converged as he let the darkside spill forth even more from him. Where the blue orbs had been, a trait of his mother's he had inherited, now stood the infected pupils of the darkside. Blinking a few times as the change happened, he placed his arms at his sides, and his fingers reflexively clinched into fists as he rolled his neck.

Finally feeling like himself, Darth Kryptus started to circle his opponent. Looking more akin to predator circling prey, his gaze once more went downards to her more than ample bosom. How in the feth did she fit all of that in there, and how does her back now hurt? Jacen let the thought pass, instead he made a full circle and stopped where he had been.

"You told me to leave, I refuse. You want to make me move, then do so. If not, I'm going to give you a few moments to make up your mind.." Darth Kryptus finally stopped staring at her chest, and looked her in the eye. "If you don't, I'll make the decision to end you here."

And here she had been hoping not to resort to violence. Fabula endured the man's posturing in silence, until it was clear he was done, and not moving. Sighing quietly to herself, Fabula turned her visible exasperation into a quick breathing exercise. She exhaled to her fullest, then filled her lungs back up with lively, heavy air. It was largely symbolic, but it was in such small symbols that one found peace...and in peace, the Force. When she finished her quick little movement, she could feel her skin thrumming with life, filled with power. "Then I'll have to remove you myself."

Not too much power. Not yet. She didn't feel she'd need much for a proper test of this little ragebomb's abilities, and it was selfish to ask more from a planet than it was willing to give freely. With even that "little trickle" of energy in her body, Fabula felt fathoms more at-ease. The familiar weight of her foot as it stepped with more strength than before into the ground behind her, the tensing and electric virility in the muscles of her legs when she braced herself...all of it left her in a much calmer center of peace than she would've been able to achieve in a lifetime of the silly Jedi codes and traditions and thought exercises. The body was of the Force; the mind simply aspired to be.

In the space of a heartbeat, Fabula forced her body into a sprint, head-on towards her opponent. A test needn't be at your peak, and however fast she moved, Fabula barely put any Force behind the quick, backhanded punch she swung at the man's abdomen. It was still enough to shatter a man's ribcage, but she was confident that this one wouldn't have any problem surviving it.
@[member="Jacen Cavill"]

"Then I'll have to remove you myself."

Power coalesced between the two of them, and just as she was doing whatever Jedi did to get power. However of a flawed definition that was, and however weak they were in truth. This wasn't the time for some debate on semantics, or which side of the Force was more powerful. She had just told him to his face she was going to remove him from this planet, and well Jacen was more than a little excited now. "Try it." Was all he said as he himself focused on his own inner desires and demons. A surge of darkness cracked through him, and he himself held back the vast majority of his power. There was no need to fire off whatever he could do at his maximum just yet, he didn't know what she could do. There was a chance, however small that he could have misjudged, and he knew where that would get him. That mistake had cost him twice before, Mikhail Shorn and Jorus Merrill had both handed him his tail. Cavill wouldn't let it happen again, nor would he make this into another "Coruscant."

Just yet that is.

In the span of a heartbeat she lunged, but time moved differently for beings of power. Where everyone else would just see a blur of motion, Jacen saw everything as it happened. The living Force techniques Spencer Jacob had taught him coalesced with the boring lessons of Tirdarius and Reyven Samoth instantly. A shield formed around him, the crux of all of his abilities. The darkness flooded his muscle fibers, and suddenly his massive frame felt light as a feather. Cavill slid his left leg back as he brought both hands up into a fighting stance. If she wanted to use her bare fists at first, the man who had trained with the Echani before would most definitely oblige her. Cavill's weight transfered to the balls of his feet, and he was ready for the back hand to his ribs.

In fact, he took the blow. Full on, and he thanked all the powers above in that moment as the impact rocked his body. She could hit, and hit really fething hard. His left leg moved with the blow, but he planted it forward and diagonally up towards her. Jacen used the impact to rock him sideways and up, even as he tasted a bit of copper in his mouth from the impact. In the millisecond that his foot planted from her hit, he looked down at his opponent and his left hand rocketed down towards her head. If she was going to go tit-for-tat with him, he was going to pound her into the ground with all of his brute power. So he allowed the darkness to rocket his first forward towards the soft spot on top of her skull.

Well, the fact that he was not crippled in a lump on the ground was pretty impressive. Fabula hadn't expected an instant win, but a little more reaction would've been great. Still, she hadn't any delusions that she would be winning so easily, and when you know your enemy will survive your attack, you're a fool not to watch him. When he moved to strike back, Fabula wrenched her body into a serpentine Ataru twist, trying to spin her body fast enough to catch his fist with her chest rather than the back of her skull.

Unfortunately, she only got about halfway through by the time he connected with the side of her skull. Her feet, already off the ground, were ripped from beneath her as she smashed into the street. That hurt. Her world was quite a bit fuzzier than she would've liked it to be. Landing on her back, Fabula caught her breath for just a moment before jerking her legs up to shove towards his stomach with appreciable force...but nowhere near enough to actually cause any damage. She didn't even know what she was doing until a moment later when the Force showed her the way. Feeling her energy sear in her legs, the humble trickle of power she'd borrowed from Corellia and lit within her own body, Fabula kicked up one leg, then the other. Both of her heels lashed out in quick succession on a collision course with the man's chin, and with a little creative gymnastics left her on her feet.

Fabula needed to heal over her skull before it caused any permanent damage. She backed up with a few meditative movements, her hands moving from one position to another in a mockery of lightsaber stances while she fanned the flames on what little energy she had taken in. Her vision cleared in a moment, healed over by the Matukai practice she'd been honing with Lynn. The same practices that, with another breath, brought the same sheer concrete thickness of her muscles to her skin, fortifying it with the Force to protect against another one of those attacks.

She couldn't afford to let him pummel her any more than she could mend.
@[member="Jacen Cavill"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom