Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clan Raxis Recall

[member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Coryn Raxis"] [member="Cynthia Raxis"] [member="James Justice"] [member="Jagen Wren"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Nar Shaada

Jack's Bar 'n' Grill

There was quite a bit going on these days. Most of the news that reached Jack at his hideaway was far flung from the truth. But he did observe that the Mandalorian Clans had descended into a vicious bloody crusade of revenge. They had thrown away what was the Resol'Nare and truly gone the way of the Sith.

Jack had warned Gray about it once, noting the Raxis Clan's participation within the Mandalorian Empire. It was against everything he'd stood for, and everything his Mother Vassara had stood for when she first settled down on Mandalore.

As the founding Clan Father and as a Warrior he'd been at Roche. What had happened was a travesty. Slaughter and useless negotiations. But that was over now. Long over and reparation had been Made to the Mando'ade. Now it was just a bunch of thugs to him.

Jack had called up everyone he rembered from the old Clan, as well as the few members of the Knights of Raxis that were still with him. It was time to have a pow wow and bring back Jaster Mereel's Supercommando Codex. The old ways, the ways of useless slaughter were the ways of Vizlas Deathwatch.

It could not stand...

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay got the message. It came at a surprise, but then not a surprise at the same time. She was almost waiting for it.

Getting there wasn't so easy and she had expected to be the last to arrive, only to find that she was one of the first. Given where she was, Kay didn't dress in any fancy attire, just a simple dress. However she had a guard with her. As she was the President of Commenor now, she had to have at least one with her on her trips. Sometimes she found it annoying.

It wasn't difficult to find [member="Jack Raxis"] . The man had a certain air about him and today he had the look of determination as well as disappointment. She knew that she would find out the reasons for that soon enough. "Hello Jack. Good to see you."

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Order. Strength. Protection of the weak. These things, Ardgal stood for. It was rare for the god-general to leave the barracks except to go to the battle field, but here he was. He hadn't known the many in the Raxis name, his branch of the family had fallen far from the tree as they say. At least geographically, moving from place to place, never really ever settling down and having a home.

But now, the god-man was here, the self-proclaimed deity where he supposed he would meet the others in his clan. With him was Rancor Squad of the Alpha Company, the remaining 396 commandos were waiting on standby in the ether of the "Don't you dare thread crash or else they will whoop your butt" plane. It was a place they liked to hang out, a place where they felt comfortable.

But more than that, with Ardgal was [member="Taara Sehko"], a blue skinned woman who he had rescued/redeemed on Zolan. His arm was gently wrapped around her thin waist, holding her close to his person. They were the only others here, besides Jack and this other lady who seemed to know him too.

The general offered his clan founder a smile, "Su'cuy, vod."

Was it trite? Yeah, probably. Was it lame, unoriginal, and over used? Yeah, probably. Was it something the writer hated and had made fun of others for using? You betcha. However, in this case, he felt it added flavor and was a good attempt to bridge the gap.

After Ardgal's hand had been shook, the writer decided to stop breaking the fourth wall and resume writing. The general smiled politely and nodded his head to Lady Kay, "Ardgal Raxis, and this is my Priestess, Taara."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ardgal Raxis"]

"Welcome guys."

From behind the bar he emerged, clad in his dirty black vest and spacers trousers. There wasn't much to this dive and that was how he liked it. Quiet and tucked away in a place with minimal government. If you could even call Nar Shaada governed.

"I trust you folks had a good trip. Sorry about the short timing, but this is urgent. Have either of you been tracking what has become of the Clans and this Mandalorian Crusade?"

Because Jack had, and his face was a mixture of anger and fear that the fry cook was messing up the bantha burgers in the back. Which was then punctuated by the smell of burning meat.

"I'm calling Clan Raxis back together, and we are going to war with this Vizsla character. So if you're in, you're in if not...."

Jack wiped his hands with a towel then brought out two glasses and a bottle.

"You might not want to use the name Raxis openly. This a Major move, one that will definitely brand us as traitors in their eyes. But the truth of the matter is that the Clans are using Roche as an excuse for wanton slaughter and conquest. They claim it's vengeance and whatnot, but reparations were made, and an agreement was reached. I won't stand by while some Di'kut drags the whole Mandalorian culture back into the Dark Ages of the Deathwatch."

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded a little as [member="Jack Raxis"] spoke. She had heard of the Crusades. It was probably hard for anyone to have not heard of them. They were only succeeding in bringing more chaos to the Galaxy, something that could rip the very fabric of it.

Yet when Jack spoke of going to war against them, her eyes widened and she shook her head. "No. No, I can't. I have Commenor to look out for, which flies the Raxis banner. I had already sent word about it to Ra Vizsla in order to keep us put of his crosshairs. My defences aren't fully set up yet, our military haven't been strengthened yet and our fleets are just getting built. And with the Embassies being built there from various governments, I can't support any action that would endanger them."

There was obvious fear and concern in her voice. She knew what happened at Roche, paid for the lives lost and it still wasn't enough. And given what happened in Mimban, she didn't want the same to happen to her own world.

Time to suggest an alternative. "I want the Crusades to be stopped, don't get me wrong. But our numbers are very, very small in comparison. What if you were to destroy it from the inside? Or gather allies like the Silver Sanctum and others for a coalition assault? Either way would bode better results."

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Ardgal pursed his lips slightly. He could see the point of Jack, and of course, he wasn't about to argue with this man and his wisdom. He was a man of great prowess, deserved great respect, but even this mad man could see the insanity of attacking Ra. He removed his arm from around Taara and folded his hands infront of him. He was glad the lady he did not know had spoken. He hadn't caught her name and wasn't much of a socialite or newswatcher.

"I agree with this Missus," Ardgal agreed, deferring his hand to her, "I don't think that there--" he paused and searched for the words before changing his approach, "I am sure you are aware of my speciality, land warfare. No one is doubting that this is a battle that must be one, what they are doubting is the method. When a fortress stands in our way, a direct assault is rarely the answer. There are many other ways to victory; siege, stealthy incursion, or unconventional warfare, to name a few options. We have to do something but declaring war will be the end of not only us but the chance to make a difference. We must do something, but we must do something different than all out war. That would only make things worse. There are other ways to establish order."

A call had gone out to the different members of Clan Raxis, both new and old. It had called them all to gather on Nar Shaada at a place Gray was very familiar with. He had been incredibly busy of late with seeing to the restoration of Doldur and aiding where he could in the training of the militia forces there. He had had hardly any time to devote to anything other than these things, even working on getting his companies further along. He had heard some rumors of an invasion by the United Clans and Crusade on a Republic world, which did not surprise him any even if he didn't like hearing about it. So with all of that going on, he had to get back to fulfilling his duties to his clan and kin.

Gray walked into the bar wearing something a little unusual for him, a jedi-esque hooded robe. It was gray with dark blue trim, the new colors of Clan Raxis. He listened to [member="Jack Raxis"] speak his mind as he waited a short distance from the group. He wasn't sure if his cousin had noticed him or not, but he was hoping to hear some honest opinions. Which he was rewarded with just that from both [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Ardgal Raxis"] on the matter at hand. He waited for Ardgal to finish then joined the crowd. He said as he walked up while pushing his hood back to reveal his face, " Jack, you should listen to our clansman. Going to war is not the answer, and will only destroy the clan. I have already voiced my opinion on this war with Ra when I met the man. He is a soldier, a warrior. I don't think he even realizes that there is another option for our people other than war. We need to show him otherwise. I broke the clan away from Mandalorian territory to spread our people's proud culture and to get us back to the Resol'Nare. I want us to be a shining beacon to guide our brothers and sisters back on Mandalore the true way to live up to our people's heritage..... But making them the enemy, any of them, and starting a conflict will just make them cling harder to their false ideals." Gray smiled as he finished speaking and hoped his words carried some weight still. He had been feeling as if they did less and less of late.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Ardgal Raxis"]
Jack smirked.​
"Then it's settled then. Do what you will but Jack Raxis is goin' to war."

Kay-Larr

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Ardgal Raxis"] [member="Gray Raxis"]

"Going to war like that puts all of us, our families and our planets in danger, Jack. And don't we stand to protect our families, clan and honour? Please reconsider our alternatives. Every single one of us doesn't agree with your method of tackling the issue. We can't all be wrong....Don't become the enemy that you fight."

This all gave her a terrible gut feeling. It was too reckless and selfish.

[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"]

"I couldn't have said it better," Ardgal agreed, "Over 400 men and women look to me for direction, for clothing for their families, to educate their children, and to show them the way. More join every day, the people need an alternative but this is not the way. We must provide a haven for those who cannot protect themselves, not bring another target for those who wish to destroy all that is good. I am a deity of Justice, I know more than most the urge to fight and right wrongs. But this isn't the way. In its wake we will find only more destruction, more death, more pain, and more loss of all that we once hoped in. We must walk the high road, the road that they cannot tread."

Gray couldn't help but let out a long sigh. He frowned as he looked at his cousin. His stupid, stupid cousin. He knew and understood why [member="Jack Raxis"] felt so strongly about this to the point he would go to war. Gray had felt the urge to fight to protect his own as well, but it wasn't the right move here. It was not the way of clan Raxis nor the way of the Resol'nare. Their clan going to war against another would not be just a clan war, it would just be slaughter. The other clans would side with the Vizsla because its what many of them had been waiting for. They wanted to crush the clan because of everything that it stood for. It was the true way of Mandalore, yet they were opposed to it because they had not upheld it. Jack would just be playing into their hands if he sparked conflict.

Gray frowned still as he listened to what both [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Ardgal Raxis"] had to say. He waited a moment before he said, " Jack, you want to spill our blood for this war? You want to spill the blood of you clan, your kin, for a war that is not worth our time nor our efforts? You want to have everyone branded dar'manda and hunted down mercilessly just because you don't agree with things?" He paused as he looked his cousin in the eyes, " Do you remember the Free Colonies and how that went? How you disappeared off to Tatooine for months without a word? How you abandoned the clan instead of leading them when they needed you most when we broke from the United Clans the first time? I don't know if you remember, but I do. I bled for our clan and those we vowed to protect. I nearly died on Annaj for it. I remained and held together the few of us who remained in the clan and continued to live properly. I took the mantle of Alor after you left. Do you think I did that because I wanted to? To have all of the lives and the lives to come on my shoulders? I didn't Jack, but I carried that burden because it was what I had to do. I did because the clan needed me to. And right now they need for us to stay neutral to this war no matter our thoughts on it. Family, Honor, Clan Jack. Will you listen to your blood and keep out of this conflict for everyone else..........or will you abandon us to our doom because of your own selfishness yet again?" He just held his stern gaze on his cousin. He was not happy right now at all, but he also was hoping he would listen for his own good more than anything else. Gray had lost enough family as it was, he didn't want to lose any more.

Stardust had slipped in with gray being silently as she took a seat by him, she looked to [member="Jack Raxis"] as she listned and gave a frown...all put war was the last thing the raxis clan needed...the repercussion wouldn't stop at the clan no it would go to their planets people and loved ones....

She listned to gray and put her hand on his she would follow him through hell and back and almost literally did a few times in their life...that didn't change a thing...she also had people...her own planet that she had to watch over...they didn't need another war they were just rebuilding after the toppling of the dictatorship

She rose calming patting her husband on the back and turned"jack I can understand your feelings as everyone has said a thousand times over...your war wouldn't just affect the clan but the people we take care of...the clan wouldn't just die innocent people would die as a result of such a foolish actions...do you not heare our words? Are you so lusted with revenge that your willing to put not only your family and clan at risk but those that follow? If that is so jack then you need to stop...stop before you make a stupid decision and doom us"she said keeping herself calm"jack I speak not as a threat the next words...but if you attack..and I know no one wants to say this but...if you go to war...even without our approval, we will have to take you put of command..."wirh that she sat down

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Alana Sunrider

A
[member="Jack Raxis"] [member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Ardgal Raxis"]

Somewhat flustered and grimy, Onna strode into the meeting, waving her hands slightly. Ancient Sith sword still strapped to her waist and wearing the same old armor. She wasn't entirely sure what was going on, just that it was a meeting.

"Hello, everyone! Or, family.." She paused and tried to sort that out. The whole adoption thing had been a little confusing for her, as she knew very little of the Mandalorians and their ways. "Sorry I'm late. Had to make several hyperspace adjustments to make my way over here and bypass some hostile space."

She gave them all a shocked look, "Did you know the Mandalorians and Republic are at war now?" It didn't mean a whole lot to her, since she didn't quite identify with either one of them, but what a change. She had never imagined such a thing might happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom