Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CKI Devastator I

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Clank and Klunk Industries
  • Model: Devastator I
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Modularity: Mass Produced
  • Material: Alusteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Swarming Missile Launcher
  • Size: Hand Held
  • Length: 1.1 Meters
  • Weight: 34 Kilograms
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Rockets
  • Ammunition Capacity: 100
  • Effective Range: 213-259 Meters
  • Rate of Fire: Full Automatic (Fast, 6 rockets per launch)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Cheap Ammo: The ammo can be rather cheap, as the ammo can be found as common stock for CKI, and the packaging for the weapon comes with enough rounds for 3 minutes of constant fire, though more will have to be bought from the CKI stockpiles.
  • Small Rockets: The rockets are 0.04 meters long, which is the main reason unto how so many rockets are able to be added into the weapon.
Strengths:
  • Powerful Rockets: These rockets pack a punch, being capable to rip apart infantry and lightly armoured ships and vehicles.
  • Modularity: For a simple, yet powerful weapon, the ammunition can be changed out simply for anything else, from simple blaster rounds, to even Slag canisters. The barrel can be stopped from spinning, and even the type of warhead can be changed out depending on the use needed of the owner of the weapon.
Weaknesses:
  • Not Accurate: The Rockets tend to fly about everywhere, as the barrel spins and the rockets fly out from the weapon in multiple directions.
  • Rate of fire to ammo ratio is poor: Due to the amount of rockets the Devastator can fire compared to its ammo capacity, the weapon can only be fired for a solid minute before running out of ammo.
  • Purposefully Flawed design: The first of this series was designed with the purpose of being upgraded as time goes on, thus some things that are flaws with the weapon are there on purpose.
DESCRIPTION
The Devastator I is the first of a series that plans to be a devastating one, thus the name of the series being the Devastator series. The idea was developed in the weapons production series on Rhen Var under CKI management. The purpose of this series is to make a rocket launcher that will be upgraded time and time again to better improve the design, thus allowing more and more weapons being added in the series. The weapon can be mainly used to clear out troops and lightly armoured vehicles, as the rockets are rather powerful miniature warheads, as they fly out from the barrel. The barrel does spin as well, making the weapon's accuracy deteriorate when it's fired. The Devastator I can be upgraded to have different modes of ammunition, stopping the barrel spin, and even the rockets can be upgraded to have different warheads from incendiary heads to EMP heads, depending on what the user of the weapon can need it for. The rockets fit into the rear of the weapon, the main part of it being the rocket compartment.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="HK-57"]

I would like to see something describing how the rockets are seated in the launcher, as the only plausible way I see 360 0.4 inch rockets fitting in a 42-inch long rifle is if there were six rows of rockets (each containing 60 rockets each) inside the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom