Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Vehicle CKI "City Breaker"

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Clank and Klunk Industries
  • Model: "City Breaker" Artillery Fortress
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Modularity: N/a
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Heavily Defended: The Armour and Shielding of the City Breaker was designed and engineer to be able to with stand up to Large assaults with medium aerial assistance.
  • Heavy Firepower: The City Breaker was also designed to fight off these attacks, and cause major damage to armies. It is also capable of destroying major cities, if most of its weaponry is focused on infrastructure alone.
  • Multiple Power Generators: To be able to power the multiple systems and weapons the City Breaker has, Several additional power generators have been installed to keep it operational. This can be exploited by the enemy if they get a crew in to destroy them
Weaknesses:
  • Very Slow movement: Due to its size, weight, and armament, the City Breaker moves incredible slow, Slow enough to have trouble keeping up with a simple Bantha herd, as a comparison of speed. The same can be said for its manoeuvrability.
  • Huge size: Due to the size of the City Breaker, it is very easy to spot from the air, or the ground. It also makes it incredibly hard to hide if it is retreating, as it sticks out like a sore thumb.
  • Exploitable Weakness: Although the City Breaker is a monster in exterior defence and offence, there are two possible ways to destroy the machine. The first way is by the inside, getting a small force inside and destroying the extra power generators, thus making the machine nothing more but a behemoth of a target for aerial bombardment. The other way is under the vehicle, by placing small bombs on the parts linking the treads to the vehicle and the main shield generator. This will cause the fortress to fall apart and lose all forms of mobility, along with greatly weakening the vehicle's shields. After that, it can simply be invaded upon by infantry if they wish to keep it intact.
  • Exterior Shield Generator: Although there are half a dozen shield generators inside the City Breaker, the main one is outside the tank, installed into a slot on the bottom of the vehicle. this can be destroyed by a small crew of infantry placing bombs on it and destroying it.
DESCRIPTION: The idea of the City Destroyer was introduced on the Vehicle production facility of CKI on Felucia. A major note that engineers and designers saw was that when taking over a city on a planet, numbers and the size of the attacking force did have a key role, especially that of the vehicles. Another fact that was found was that most city or planet invasions didn't have artillery that was specially designed for conquest, but more of support. So the facility worked around the clock to make the first prototype of the City Breaker. Although the original idea was that of artillery, it was made into a hybrid machine of a mobile fortress and a massive artillery piece, so then if one of these vehicles were on the ground for an invasion, it could work as an HQ for that conquest, instead of any of the infrastructure on planet.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="HK-57"]

Ok lets begin.

Please hyperlink all the weapons and special features. Makes it easier and nicer to look at. Additionally, please hyperlink the manufacturer.

Those ratings are way too high for a Mass Produced vessel. You'd be looking at High/High for Armament and Defense if you wanted to keep your current level of production. For both of those at Extreme this would need to be Unique, or perhaps Semi-Unique with an RP-exploitable weakness.

Under Strengths you have 'Slow Production' listed, which I imagine is supposed to be weakness. It is not a viable one however, being basically unenforceable in an RP given that we don't really track the nuances of production on this site. I would recommend just removing it.

Related to that, the crew sizes, passenger capacity, and the Strength of 'Employed Garrison' are all way too high for a vehicle this size. You're talking about a mobile artillery piece no much larger than the Millennium Falcon, that is extremely heavily armed (and thus has extensive power generators and the like) carrying an entire battalion of troops. Having living quarters for 20 people onboard would be pushing it.

There are two ways to proceed. Either make the vehicle larger (which seems to be in keeping with the concept) or vastly reduce Crew Count, Passenger Capacity, and the embarked garrison. As a point of reference, a Boeing 747 is about 70 meters long and can carry 400 people quite uncomfortably. It also doesn't carry any artillery cannons, though it is much narrower. Use that as a guide and let me know when you're done with edits.

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] I did the best I could to edit it. I used the Specs of the boeing 747-8 for size spec changes, and followed your guide the best I could.

HK-57 said:
Squadron Count: 8 (Mainly Weight)
Please change this to 1. I am not comfortable with a full squadron of massive tanks with Extreme armaments & Extreme defenses being put into play. The larger your vehicle, the lower your squadron size should be anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom