Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship CIS Languor-Class Elite Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
render_wallpaper.jpg

Image Credit: ADF FALKEN :: Ace Combat :: NAMCO
Intent: I had a dream that Guy ordered me to make this exactly like the FALKEN and with the recent ability to now use composite-beam weapons on non-gunships (they used to be denied, but have now been stated to be doable), I can finally do just that. Without further delay, I present the CIS Elite Starfighter edition!
Development Thread: False Flags - Acquired Bag of Stygium During Raid
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Languor-Class Fighter, Gen. II Elite Ver.
Affiliation: ASA
Modularity: Can swap ABGMs for two smaller missiles or one heavy/homing missile, each.
Production: Limited-Production (16)
Material: Alusteel Refractive RAM Spaceframe on Titanium Alloy Chassis
Description: The original Languor was the third craft ever designed by RRDI. While originally developed to be a space superiority fighter for the elite branches of the Mnenchei Dominion Royal Navy, a need for mass produces fighters coupled with its simple but effective layout and cutting-edge form made it a must-have for the entire royal military. Immediately, RRDI prioritized the orders and focused virtually all of their assets on quickly and effectively producing these fighters. They were also made for sale to minor factions and other company-approved organizations, though external sales were limited to small orders. After the success of the first-generation Languors, modernized models that met current military standards were produced, and the former were stripped, decommissioned and placed into civilian sector retail. Two-point-five-generation Languor Elite Starfighters were produced shortly after the cancellation of Chairwoman Saera Savan's Star Scythe Project, capitalizing on the ability to make further-advanced fighters for the CIS' elite military. Unlike the standard Languor which is blood red over matte black, the entire Elite Languor has a glossy charcoal sheen which is an expensive coat of microscopic helix crystallines designed to refract tracking lasers and thus distort their perception of range or identification. This ironically makes it appear more reflective than a typical fighter with an added iridescence, making pilot visual identification easier. It is also significantly smaller in scale, thanks to advances in its computer technology allowing for an approximate fifteen percent size reduction.
The Elite Languor is equipped internally with a small Stygium-based stealth cloaking generator which, coupled with the ceramic thrust vectors and filters, mask emissions to trace levels and make the craft almost completely transparent so that it cannot be accurately detected by sensors or visual aid. This requires a significant amount of power, however, thus weapons and targeting systems cannot be active while the cloaking generator is engaged (with the exception of the jammer pods). Stealth can be active for prolonged periods of time. Due to energy demands and general flight stability, a maximum speed of Class-2.5 can be achieved while in stealth.
Classification: Elite Starfighter
Role: Air/Space Superiority Starfighter
Height: 4.76 meters
Width: 14.96 meters
Length: 19.82 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor:
  • [ 1 ] Solar Ionization Reactor
  • [ 2 ] Haylaxian RamDrive Sublight Engines
  • [ 1 ] Repulsorlift Engine
Hyperdrive Rating: Class I
Minimum Crew: 1 Pilot
Optimal Crew: 1 Pilot, 1 AMD
Armaments:
Hangar: n|a
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Durasteel-Gold Alloy Canopy w/ HoloSynthetic Display
  • Ceramic Thrust-Vectors
  • Communications Array
  • HoloNet Transceiver
  • Stygium Cloaking Generator
  • Standard Shield Generators
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Advanced Sensor Array
  • Advanced Targeting Systems
Passenger Capacity: n|a
Cargo Capacity: 35 liters / 60 kilograms
Consumables: 3 Days Oxygen, 7 Days Food/Water, First Aid Kit, Burn Kit, Arm & Leg Slings
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class II

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Ayden Cater"] - Well, it's no offense to you, but the proof is in the pudding. Let's review, again.

http://starwarsrp.net/blog/69/entry-160-rrdi-product-list/

= INTERCEPTORS =
= STARFIGHTERS =
= HEAVY STARFIGHTERS =
= ELITE STARFIGHTERS =
= BOMBERS =
Ventus - MP Interceptor
Gypsy - LP Interceptor
ESS - Unique Gypsy

Languor Superiority - MP Starfighter

Solace - LP Heavy Starfighter

Ariamis (Stargoddes) - Currently sitting in the Archives; not valid for current consideration
Star Scythe - Currently sitting in the Archives; not valid for consideration (permanent retcon)
Deathbell - Currently under review; Official Elite #1

Then this:
Lanuor Elite (CIS) - Currently under review; Official Elite #2

Aurum II - MP Light Bomber

So even accounting the Stargoddess and Deathbell as Approved, this is actually Elite Number Three (3), and the Stargoddess was a Unique project with literally only a few to ever see the light of RP in the board's entirety so it cannot stand as a whole. So with all due respect, I would ask for proof but I just gave it and I'd like us to continue the process as usual because I really need these for a PC unit.

To quote yourself when last asked;

Q: Is there a limit to how many starfighters we can make? Can I make several so long as they all have different functions or affiliations?
No. Some companies, like Incom, made most of their profits off starfighters. Corellian Engineering makes most of its profits (canonically) on freighters. The only real restriction, and it's not even real, is on elite starfighters. In general, a company should probably have at least twice as many general production starfighters as they do more minor, specialized versions. Profits are more easily had from the former, as the latter involves a lot of high-cost development and construction.
RRDI's primary income comes from starcraft and starships. In fact, the company was founded with the Solace and the PSIS-M. Advanced Aeronautics/Astronautics are the company's niche market. You may say this is the Bentley and Rolls Royce of starfighters. The tallies are as follows, in accordance with the above quote.
  • [ 3 ] Interceptors (1 MP, 1 LP, 1 U)
  • [ 1 ] Starfighter/s (1 MP)
  • [ 1 ] Heavy Starfighter/s (2 LP)
  • [ 2 ] Elite Starfighters (1 LP, 1 U) (Stargoddess & Deathbell Included)
  • [ 1 ] Bomber/s (1 MP)
Total:
  • 3 Mass-Produced
  • 3 Limited or Minor Production
  • 1 Unique
  • 2 Elite (Any Type)
...Which means that there is 3.5:1 model ratio from non-Elites to Elites, which is something close to 6:1 when considering production values - primarily the very limited nature of the Deathbell (in the dozens range) and the unique nature of the Stargoddess (exactly five). In other words, RRDI has never actually produced Elite Starfighters to the fullest possible production value as all including this have been either Unique or Limited-Bordering-Unique.

This is not including this submission, of course, which is very exclusive, very limited (total production of sixteen), designed with one specific faction (or subfaction in this case) in mind, and made out of a well-known preexisting MP design and utilizing free Stygium acquired at no cost. Less material is used due to marginally smaller scale and slight advances in computer technology. The only other major expenses in comparison to its predecessor are the advanced sensors, advances targeting and specially-treated alusteel upgrade. For only sixteen fighters produced and maintained, this is an insignificant profit reduction for a company that mass-produces everything from thousands of fighters to hundreds of warships and tier four strength. If these were like the Deathbell and simply meant to spread company publicity through limited edition public sales, I could understand, but these serve a genuine purpose backed by a major investor.

As a final reference, automotive production is considered "Minor" as opposed to mass when 500 or less units are turned out each year. In that respect, the cumulative Elite production of all of RRDI under the Hypothetical Approval model is still approximately 7% of a single Elite Starfighter's fullest possible production.

So by going off of your exact words, RRDI should have plenty of wiggle room for this Elite Starfighter's development and then some. If you'd be for it, we can expedite the review by discussing RRDI's full operations and submissions over Skype.

[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

If you're going to continue to mount your missiles outside of the craft, I expect a noted weakness of the possibility of the missiles being struck by laser fire and detonating. The idea of missiles being outside the fighter is very un-Star Wars like and borders on abusing the system as it freely allows trade-ins while maintaining firepower for a brief time. However, as you have not yet had a report indicating abuse and this follows a trend, I'll continue to allow it until an RPJ says otherwise.

Add in the requested note and I'll stamp this.

Saera Willamina Savan

[member="Ayden Cater"] - Ah, no, my bad. The Languors all have them bayed like a traditional stealth superiority fighter. I put a little tag next to the Skysword that says "[Bayed]" to keep that clear. The sub this is based on actually had standard internal launchers. Anyways, done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom