Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Circles (Open)

Sarianna moved now, the saber in her hand while she was moving with the saber staff in her hand in the area of the floor. She had gotten the three rings made on the floor to give her an area to focus on and manuver. Compared to others the circles could show how to move with the different areas and different forms. The inner ring was small, not much in the way of movement area but there was plenty that could attack you. Djem so, defensive techniques that let you control an area worked for there.

The middle ring opened it up and gave you and area to move around and defend but also attack using forms like shien and shii-cho with a small look. Her staff twirling around her body with the different training remotes that she was slashing. The outer ring was the rest of the room and where she could work on it. With ateru and juyo for fighting but also moving with sokan. Her body being able to move around for a moment long when she using a jump to ascend into a falling leaf bringing herself back down to slash.

There were other things in the room, floating remotes that had different sabers and weapons on it that she was able to use and practice with the different weapons as they had a number of training droids. She had left it open as the force around her whispered moving to the wall and kicking off of it while she propelled herself into the air deactivating the saber staff while swapping it out for two of the curved sabers. The fiber cord between them making it something she could swing around it a display of silver slashes.

Carith Vastili

C
Carith walked into the combat training room. He was roaming around the academy, still trying to internally map it all out. Fortunately, this time he was not lost and knew where he was going. He had spent the morning chilling in the archives and digging through the many years of Jedi History for fun, but it was time for him to actually get up and do something as he'd been sitting around for too long. He noticed just one other person in the room, a Miraluka woman practicing with.. what appeared to be a saberstaff? Wow I have not seen one of those used in person. From the motions and twirls, Carith could tell, even with his lack of experience, that this woman was very skilled with a blade. He looked down to his lone lightsaber on his hip. It had been over a year since he's trained with it, no doubt he was rusty and could use some practice.

He moved closer towards the bladeswoman and waited for a pause in her practice to speak up as to not interrupt her,
"You're pretty impressive I have to say. I haven't seen bladework like that in a while. I can only dream of being that skilled right now. Who might you be? My name's Carith. I just showed up a few weeks ago."

[member="Sarianna Misarr"]

[member="Carith Vastili"]

She was there and standing around as the jedi kngiht turned, standing tall with the white blonde hair all longer and ready compared to how she had originally used it. A small look though where she would be able to see him in the force speaking. "Welcome padawan Carith." She bowed standing there and the training droids were all around her prepared with even more to offer. Different pieces of equipment where they would be able to use. "I am Sarianna one of the practicing battle and weapon masters of the academy." She said it while presenting and showing a few of the other sabers that were there and the room for themselves here. "I was just practicing with the different variant sabers that we have."

Carith Vastili

C
Carith observed her turn towards him, as Sarianna introduced herself and bowed, Carith bowed back towards her. He had not met many Miraluka and despite knowing about their lack of eyes, was still surprised to find the black band covering her eyes. He knew that the species used the Force to "see" things, but he was still extremely shocked to have watched the grace and presence of the woman's bladework and to find she was completely physically blind.

"Hmm... forgive me if my knowledge is incorrect, but as a weapons and battle master, that means you've mastered many of the forms of lightsaber combat correct? That's really impressive. I can only imagine how much time you had to devote yourself to doing so." He payed attention to her demonstration as she showed the many types of lightsabers there were to him. "Which weapon and fighting style if your most preferred?"

[member="Sarianna Misarr"]

[member="Carith Vastili"]

She was looking at him and it was a nice compliment to have before the thought came to her. She was calming her mind and body as she spoke. I prefer my tri section saber staff. Lets me combine echani melee weapons along with jedi saber technologies and as a piece of equipment it has been more then helpful." She said it bringing her staff to her hip that extended and acted like a walking stick for a blind woman that most outside of the temple might not look twice at. "There are though any number of pieces of equipment that cna be used and I have found a fondness for many of the other weapons. Using them with the saber forms can give a bigger advantage." She stayed there though watching him in the force. "What about you padawan?"

Kayda had yet to really practice with any Saber's as his Master seemed too busy at the time to introduce him to the art. Hearing that the Blade Master would be training, he found it as an opportunity to learn. Feeling almost eager, the young boy had studied on the many different forms of using the saber. One stuck out more prominently to him though, Soresu the third form. Feeling as if he could excel in the art, Kayda read up on it the most.

Making his way to the training room in which the Blade Master was performing her skills, Kayda found himself almost hesitant to enter the room. Having no saber of his own yet, he was unsure if they would allow him to train with one of the practice sabers. Still the boy sucked in his gut and stepped into the room, only to find two people currently in it. Greeting them warmly as they seemed to only be in a friendly conversation, Kayda approached the two.

“ Hello, my name is Kayda Vrieska.. I was hoping to learn about the third form, Soresu. If you would be so kind as to teach it.. “

Being humble with his request, he faced the woman standing in front of him. Patiently waiting for her response, although he wouldn't express it. The boy clearly wished to learn combat, wanting to be of use in the form of battle instead of a hindrance. Feeling as such in his most recent journeys along side his Master.

[member="Sarianna Misarr"] / [member="Carith Vastili"]

Carith Vastili

C
Carith watched the woman twirl her staff in awe. "That sounds extremely cool" he said to her, as he considered her question. He had never thought about using more complicated weapons and forms. Carith has a strong adoration for the traditional Jedi way, but he might have just figured out a solution to learn something new.
"Hmm... Well I for one would like to get better at Niman. It's a very interesting form in my opinion, I've mainly focused on Soresu in the past though. I enjoy it as I don't consider myself an aggressive person. I like Niman too though because I can use ideas from Soresu, but be more offensive if needed..." he thought a bit towards what a weapons master's specialty is... "but also, because Niman translates well into Jar'kai, a form I want to use in the future a little if I ever get another saber." Soresu, Niman, Jar'kai. Yes those were the forms that Carith wanted to learn first. "I personally do not want to go into more exotic weapons for a while. I like traditional the traditional Saber and want to get better at that. If you're not busy, do you want to help me work on these things? It has been a long time since I've practiced bladework."

Carith turned after answering the woman and saw the padawan Kayda join them. He recognized Kayda from a few of the classes he'd taken. Less experienced and younger than himself, Carith observed, but Carith also recognized the boy's eagerness to learn, a trait that will take him far. The boy kindly waited for a lull in the conversation between himself and Sarianna and greeted them. Kayda's interest in Soresu could work for today as it was Carith's chosen form and it was time for him to get back into shape.

[member="Kayda Vrieska"] | [member="Sarianna Misarr"]

[member="Kayda Vrieska"] [member="Carith Vastili"]

She was looking at him and listening as he talked about it. Niman was a good form but it was also something you needed an understanding up the other forms to draw on. A balanced form when you only knew one or two wasn't really balanced but a small tight lipped smirk appeared on her face. While she saw another padawan come in and join them speaking before she bowed her head. "Welcome and as to learning... Niman is an impressive form to learn but you need to know and respect the others as well. It draws and teaches you many more things." She said it though looking for both of them and in here with the hovering armory she was able to attach her saber staff in it. "I can teach you the form though and work with it Jar'kai, that is a little easier you just need to know what kind of blades you want to use. A regular saber or a shoto for your second hand." THe other padawan though coming in wanted to learn soresu and the first had practiced it. That seemed as good a place as any to start. Something of a common ground when she stood at the ready. "First thing is first, make sure your blades are on lower settings and aren't going to maim each other or myself. Then you should see circles on the floor that you can stand in. I don't really know where they are just the three ringsaround here."

Carith Vastili

C
Ahh yes, Carith was remembering a bit about the forms. Niman was the form based around principles from each form. As he wasn't very well versed in other forms besides Soresu and Sii Cho, he was going to need to learn a bit more, but that's perfectly fine for him. Lightsaber combat is a love of his and he's ready to learn whatever he can. "I definitely understand that I'll need to learn about the other forms. That's okay though, because Niman or not, I'd want to learn about the other forms anyways." Carith then pondered the Jar'kai question. "I was honestly thinking about just duplicating the saber I have currently, so a regular one. What exactly are the pros and cons of a offhand shoto and regular saber?" he said to her. He then wielded his saber and adjusted the power setting to a lower one, as to only sting instead of maim. He looked around himself and found the nearest ring, stepped into it, and ignited his cyan-blue blade. The beautiful hum ringing in his ear brought back the many memories of Coruscant and the Galactic Republic. All of the doubt and worry went away as he mentally prepared for whatever Sarianna was going to teach him.

[member="Sarianna Misarr"] | [member="Kayda Vrieska"]

Following the woman's instructions, Kayda walked over to the armory. Picking it any random practice saber that was there, not being picky he used whatever one his hand grabbed. Once he had it, the boy proceeded to lower the setting as Sarianna had requested. Looking around the room for a second he tried to understand what she meant by the circles. Noticing a defined ring in the flooring, the boy walked over to it. Now standing in the circle, he faced the other Padawan. Giving a friendly smile while holding his inactivated saber in his left hand.

” I'm eager to work with you.. “

Kayda spoke in a lighthearted tone of voice, clearly enjoying every bit of time he was spending in the room with the two people. Clearly this was something the boy found himself more passionate about, finding it intriguing and useful. Not to say many of the other things he's recently learned are not of use of course. This was simply special to Kayda, as he felt that it was his way of being unique. Having the option to pick from so many different styles of using the saber.

[member="Carith Vastili"] / [member="Sarianna Misarr"]

[member="Carith Vastili"] [member="Kayda Vrieska"]

Watching them while she moved towards the center of the room. Holding her staff at the ready while she was waiting. "Good, now just make sure you are ready to move around." She was looking at them and focused herself, allowing the force to wash over her body when she was standing there and holding the staff in her hand it collapsed a little with a grin at them. "Now to understand form three. It is one of the keys to understanding form six. Niman draws from all forms and the defensive nature of form three is helpful. Those rings you are standing in help with this. They act as your world and limits the area you have to move around. You will learn how to make each movement count and use it to defend as well as the basics of stance discipline. This form of meditation will for a number of saber forms allow you to lessen the drain on you from using the force to move, dodging and evading attacks."

Carith Vastili

C
Carith listened as memories of the fundamentals of Soresu came back to him. What Sarianna spoke was true. The goal of Soresu was to hold it's ground. Where an Ataru practitioner would use many acrobatic moves in many different places, the Soresu practitioner did whatever he could to not be pushed back. The way this was done was through more advanced footwork used in a tighter area. The circle itself was no more than a few meters apart, small for an inexperienced swordsman, but perfect for a Soresu master. Walking the perimeter of the circle to get a feel for it, he looked to the battlemaster to confirm his thoughts, "The goal is to not be pushed out of your zone at all costs right?". He then returned to the center of the circle and brought his lightsaber up, awaiting further instruction.

[member="Sarianna Misarr"] | [member="Kayda Vrieska"]

Standing quietly in his circle Kayda struggled listening to what the Instructor had to say. The Padawan's arms crossed over his chest, as he looked towards the woman. His mind had been growing clouded recently, it was as if he couldn't focus on anything else.

It came to him in a foggy vision, a woman. In what seemed to be an elegant white dress, yet simplistic. Kayda continued to have his mind clouded with the thought of this girl for days now. It was troublesome because the young Padawan couldn't make out who she was. Trying to ignore the thought for the time being, Kayda scrunched his brow along with his eyes briefly closing shut.

With his mind clear now, Kayda had already really missed all of what the Instructor was saying, but he had a general idea. Hearing the other man ask a question out of the silence. The young Padawan realized he wondered the same thing, so he turned his attention back to the woman. Questioning what she would respond with.

[member="Carith Vastili"] / [member="Sarianna Misarr"]

[member="Carith Vastili"] [member="Kayda Vrieska"]

"Yes in a manner, soresu is about creating an area of defense around you. These circles can help you visualize what you are doing so your mind can make mental circles and you'll have the reflex memory." She walked around looking at them both with the force while correcting it, interest until she stopped and clasped her hands behind her back. "We'll start it small but as your work with the saber form work on your breathing. This form is about being able to outlast and concentrate."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom