Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cin Vhetin

57881f8ecd8459b205ef04bc20a8f217.jpg
Essien - Hangar Bay
Midday
It had been something about welcoming new arrivals into the Crusaders, and to meet them in the hangar bay. Not a usual task for anyone, really, given that formality wasn't much of a commodity among the group. Welcoming parties weren't altogether common, but Isley had given her the assignment, and something told her there was a deeper meaning behind it. Either an impression needed to be made or this was meant for her specifically, but regardless she had donned her armor, helmet and all. They were Mandalorians; they wore it like a second skin. Booted feet walked down the hall towards the hangar at a measured pace, Thalia for once not offering her own commentary. Something about the AI's silence told her she knew what was coming, and Keira wouldn't doubt it.

The time spent waiting was short-lived, as soon enough Thalia relayed information. "IFFs are being transmitted from the new arrivals. Would you like to see them?" A nearly rhetorical question, as the answer was obvious. "If you'd be so kind. It's always nice to know who we're dealing with, even if they are friendlies." "Very well." When the code scrolled across the inside of her HUD she was given pause, a flash of recognition stealing all words from her. This was mostly definitely an entity she knew, and now it was clear why she had been given the mandate to see them through to the Crusaders, and nobody else. This was something extremely personal. The clones were arriving on Essien. The rest of her family had been restored.

Of course, she knew it wouldn't be that easy. There was no way this reunion would transpire with open arms and broad grins, complete with recollections of fond memories and tearful embraces. The conditions under which she and the clones had originally separated were bitter, and she wouldn't be surprised if they had disowned her completely at this point. Hell, she wouldn't have blamed them, after her leaving the Republic to join the Clans without so much as an explanation. It was what she deserved. But at the very least she had to try and mend fences, or she wouldn't be able to live with herself when this was all said and done. Some kind of attempt at reconciliation would be made, so she could at least stand among the ashes of the bridges she had burnt knowing she had tried.

[member="Commander Lusk"]

When the shuttle touched down on Essien inside the hanger, it settled for a moment before the ramp dropped to show a group of clone troopers walking out lead by the one of millions, Commander Lusk. The man's hair was cleanly cut with a warrior's mohawk that went down his head. The tattoos on his face were still clean and clear and he had a look of hopelessness on his face, he was leading his men to the best of his ability but there was just so much loss without their commander with them.

She had abandoned them, and you would think that they would be angry, they would want her dead, and that their rage would be unending. But it wasn't like that, the clones weren't angry. They were hurt. A pain that had cut into them deeply that someone they had fought with for years, stormed temples and beaches with would upright leave them for a now dying set of clans.

So when the group of alpha wave commandos dressed in casual clothing confronted Keira they didn't have looks of anger on their face. They had looks of betrayal, of pain, and of sorrow. A clone trooper known as "Daisy", Lusk's sister started to silently cry as her eyes fell upon their commander.

"Siclet died on Bimmisari, he um." Lusk paused for a moment taking a deep gulp trying to gather his words.

"He ah... sacrificed himself to take out a mobile artillery unit. We were cut off and it was hammering the main invasion force. He told me to cover him while he set the charge and the detonator went haywire. He pushed me off and set it off manually." Lusk paused as he tried not to think about his brothers.

"Saint didn't make it either." Saint being the man that stood with Keira and himself on Roche. Held one of his hands and gripped it a bit as he tried to gather his words.

"Ramsey and Thorn got medically discharged and got medals. I just thought you should know." Lusk would then pause again.

"How's mom?"

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Before any attempt at a response was made Keira did nothing more than pull off her helmet so that she might better look at those she had once called brother and sister and still considered family. Once it was safely clipped at her waist she ran a hand through her hair, taking in the hurt plain on the faces of those she still dared to call aliit. There was nothing she could say to make this right, and she knew that just as well as they did. The only thing any of them could do at this point was talk, something none of them were exponentially skilled at. For the sake of brotherhood and family, however, she would try. There were no other options left, and besides, they meant too much to her to just let them go without some kind of closure.

The simplest matters would come first. "She's good. Been busy in the Outer Rim lately. But that's something you should talk to her about personally." It wasn't her place to break the news that their mother had more or less become a notorious crime lord within the span of no more than a few months. That was news they would have to discover for themselves, at a later date. "I think she'll be happy to see you. We'll have to see about setting up a meeting. She doesn't come around here very often." Keeping a criminal empire running tended to occupy the majority of one's time, after all. And she didn't exactly relish the idea of having to explain to the clones just why even their mother hadn't attempted to stay in contact.

"You know, I've told the twins about you." And recently, no less. "They're excited to meet the rest of their family." A halfhearted attempt at conversation, at best, and not one she was fully committed to. Stifling a sigh, she conceded to getting to the crux of the matter rather than dancing around it. "Ni ceta." It was the most sincere apology anyone who called themselves Mandalorian was capable of giving, but she knew that didn't even cover the half of it. "I know that probably doesn't mean chit, and I know you probably don't care, but it's true. I'm not going to make this into some frivolous apology, because we all value actions over words anyhow. I just want you to know that I'm sorry."

[member="Commander Lusk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom