Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Chummer - A Sensor Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chummer - Sensor Drone

MCT-Nissan_Roto-Drone.jpg

Image Source: [ LINK ]
Intent:
To create tech that can aid or help those who work for the Underground.
Development Thread:
If necessary.
Manufacturer:
Kaili Talith
Model:
Hoi
Affiliation:
The Underground (Runners too)
Modularity:
Absolutely not.
Production:
Minor
Material:
Plasteel, Electronics
Classification:
Second Class.
Weight:
5kg
Height:
X: 45cm
Y: 45cm
Z: 20cm
Movement:
Rotor-Repulsorlift Hybrid.
Armaments:
None.
Misc. Equipment:

• A cool HUD/Datapad Interface

• Camera

• Live Feed: Datapad to Camera

• Video Storage Device

• Interior Mapper

• Lifeform Scanner (Sensors)

• Power recharge coupler

Strengths:

• Dexterity - The Chummer sports a great amount of agility and fluidity in it’s movements to compensate for the total lack of armaments.

• I too, can see you - Much like the droid template that it was created from, the Chummer can see through cloaking devices within reason.

• I’ll map the floor with you - However, in addition to the ICU-BR0’s equipment, Kaili also installed a tool within the drone that allowed the user to create and store maps directly on their datapads.

• Hybrid, but not pretentious - Half-truth. Kaili is quite proud of herself for this one. For operations that require just a little more stealth than usual she also installed propulsionjets that helps keep the volume to a minimum.
Weaknesses:
  • Fragile - The thing is by all means as fragile as its predecessor. EMP of any kind, blaster shots and physical force will make it die faster than you can say ‘the Warranty is void.’
  • I have no weapons and I need to shoot! - The drone does not, and will never have, weaponry. Bring your own.
  • But, I can’t see all of you - Although the sensors can see through most of the publicly available cloaking devices on the market it still has a weak spot for Hi-tech, fresh-off-the-military-mill hardware which will without a doubt prove very hard to detect, if not impossible.
  • I don’t like the sun - The map maker was designed for indoor use, and as such this device will have a very hard time doing much of any kind of mapping outdoors without glitching out like crazy.
  • Being the other me is very draining - Due to this device’s experimental nature, the propulsionjets drain the battery at a far more rapid speed than usual, ultimately leaving the drone with a battery length that represents merely a quarter of what it would have if the operator relied solely on the rotors.
  • Touch me and I’ll bite your fingers off! - Anti-tampering devices has been set up to cause this device to blow up in the hands of whoever tries to tamper with it. Yes, the instruction manual is quite clear about this.
Description:
At this point of her life, Kaili had settled into the role of occasional quartermaster for the Underground (or as it was known now: The Kathol Outback.) Her track record in the field wasn’t the greatest, at least if you asked certain Rekalis, but in an effort to mildly redeem herself Kaili looked to the organization that she was helping and asked herself that one question: What can I do to help around here?

The answer: Build more droids!

Really, it was quite simple. Kaili had risked a mission for the sake of personal integrity (read: jealousy) and that was just not cool. As such she tried to come up with a way to make herself useful to her friends in the outer rim without actually being there to sabotage anything. The solution was a droid that she based off of a previous droid that she had already made before (hence why she is only willing to call it a mild redemption.) What she essentially did was that she disassembled old unsold units of her mildly successful hobby drone (ICU-BR0) and rebuilt something similar yet far more awesomer in it’s place.

It was a new breed of spy drone that not only recorded video but also recorded maps of where it had been so that the operator could bookmark exactly where they had last seen their target. While this feature was not particularly revolutionary by any means, it was the thought of it that counted for now.

She would think of ways to make it all the more easier to run in the shadows with good time. Until then… Well, this would have to do.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Most of this looks pretty straight forward.

Kaili Talith said:
I too, can see you - Much like the droid template that it was created from, the Chummer can see through cloaking devices within reason.

Kaili Talith said:
But, I can’t see all of you - Although the sensors can see through most of the publicly available cloaking devices on the market it still has a weak spot for Hi-tech, fresh-off-the-military-mill hardware which will without a doubt prove very hard to detect, if not impossible.

To clarify, by "cloaking devices", we're talking about stealth field generators and other basic, visual obscuring technology? Or something else?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Indeed, it's stated in the wookiepage linked for the Lifeform Sensors:

A lifeform scanner, also known as a life-form sensor or lifeform detection module, was a device that allowed the holder to detect living (sentient and non-sentient) beings from a distance. A large majority of bounty hunters andmercenaries used this technology to lock on to enemies and potential bounties. Lifeform scanners could also detect beings hidden by cloaking devices, stealth fields, and sound dampeners. A large manufacturer of lifeform scanners wasIdellian Arrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom