Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chiss Business Sucks

clkoZCa.png

"Could you look any gloomier? I mean, come on, it's not that bad, is it?"

Mrir'ika'amorn turned her red gaze towards the Jedi she'd snagged for this little trip, a frown on her face. Jedi were supposed to be.. Fun? Yeah! Fun, quirky, sly, that kind of thing. Cheeky, even! Not this one though. He looked as bored as she felt sitting through a business seminar. She let out a heavy sigh as she slouched in her seat, one hand lazily fiddling with the controls of their vessel. She probably shouldn't have gotten her hopes up as high as she did, but come on.

"At least give a smile."

Lloyd Kelmp

Lloyd Kelmp

L

MOSHED-2022-10-2-15-23-11.jpg

Chiss Space
Tags: Mrir'ik'amorn Mrir'ik'amorn

Lloyd_Kelmp_divider.png

"Could you look any gloomier? I mean, come on, it's not that bad, is it?"

"At least give a smile."

"Sorry," Lloyd shrugged apologetically. "I'm not upset. Just gloomy looking, though I'm afraid having fun isn't exactly my strong suit either."

Lloyd's idea of fun was a calm afternoon feeding the birds on Coruscant. An expedition was not that, but he certainly saw the value in it. After the Chiss's worlds were ravaged by the Maw, they were in dire need of surveying. Having a Jedi to aid in such a task was certainly beneficial. Though he was beginning to wonder if his overall mood could change the effectiveness of the mission. Mrir'ik'amorn seemed upset by his gloomy nature. That could hurt the mission. Maybe it was for the best if he tried to be more positive.

A small smile formed on his face. It was an attempt, at least.

clkoZCa.png

He smiled.

And she laughed. Just a full on laugh as she turned her gaze back to the viewport. "Oh c'mon you didn't have to give such a gloomy answer." She still chuckled, though a little softer. then glanced back his way for a moment. Watched him. Was he worrying now? Probably. He looked like he was worrying. .. Grant it he always looked like he was worrying, didn't he? She slowed her laughing, just a little.

"I appreciate you trying, at least."

Lloyd Kelmp

Lloyd Kelmp

L

Chiss Space

Lloyd_Kelmp_divider.png

Lloyd had gotten the inflection that he had tremendously failed in making his case, but her mood had improved at least. Strangely, he felt something strange for a moment. Only for a moment. Strange. Perhaps he ate something that didn't sit right with his stomach. No matter. They still had a job to do.

"So, what is it that we're surveying?" Lloyd asked. "Any specific planet the Ascendancy has their eyes set on?"

He was frankly rather unfamiliar with Chiss space, but he was well aware of the state it was in. If they wanted to begin rebuilding, they were in dire need of a planet that wasn't covered in fire or crawling with sithspawn. It seemed like perfect those variables together were increasingly slim. He was well prepared for their expedition to go south.

clkoZCa.png

"I don't really know, actually. What the Ascendancy wants, anyway. I'm not part of them. Just.. Trying to help survey the damage. See if there are any safe places left for them. .. I'm not sure if there really is anything left now."

For a moment she let herself frown. The deep, too worried for her own good kind of frown. But like the flip of a switch it was replaced by a smile far too wide as she grinned once more towards him.

"That's why you're here. Help feel for life in the systems. Think you can handle it?"

Lloyd Kelmp

Lloyd Kelmp

L

Chiss Space

Lloyd_Kelmp_divider.png

"I don't really know, actually. What the Ascendancy wants, anyway. I'm not part of them. Just.. Trying to help survey the damage. See if there are any safe places left for them. .. I'm not sure if there really is anything left now."

There was a moment of worry there. Maybe even pessimism. That was greatly upsetting. Lloyd was the pessimist so that nobody else had to be. It was very much concerning when someone expressed doubt to a similar regard as himself. He knew it wasn't healthy for himself, so he most certainly knew it wasn't healthy for other people.

"I can manage," Lloyd assured. After all, he needed ten more hours clocked this week. Lloyd took a moment to peer at the ship's navigation. "The next world up is
Rentor if that thing is working. I should be able to tell if the planet has any life on it from a good hundred or so meters above the atmosphere. Anything living will be most noticeable in the air."

The hardy stuff that lived on the fringes at the microscopic level. A pretty accurate description of himself on a Monday.

clkoZCa.png

"Good. This should be easy. Most of the Ascendancy worlds are frozen hells, so if you couldn't sense the few bits of life that are on them I'd be worried about why you're a Jedi."

Now she was back to teasing him. The wide grin reformed as she casually bumped his shoulder. Better to be in good spirits than dwell on the dread of seeing her people after so long. Her people that didn't exactly like a half breed. Ah, classic xenophobia. It'd probably be at an all time high with everything the Maw's done to them.

Maybe she should've seen if there was a full blooded Chiss Jedi in the Order. No, no. No turning back now.

"You packed warm, right?"

Lloyd Kelmp

Lloyd Kelmp

L

Chiss Space

Lloyd_Kelmp_divider.png

"You packed warm, right?"

"No need," Lloyd shrugged. "I took a class on internal heat regulation a while back for such an occasion. A necessary ability to learn to retain my professionality."

The suit stayed on. That was pretty much the one caveat that he operated under. As they flew over the planet, slowly entering the atmosphere, Lloyd opened his mind to the force, feeling the air for anything living. Sure enough, he felt something, which was reassuring given the planet's general wasteland appearance.

"There's life in the air," he relayed. "It seems that the planet is still capable of life."

clkoZCa.png

"That sounds as handy as it does boring. .. So good on you, I guess." She frowned, trying to think through was was the most boring lesson she'd gone through. Nothing came to mind like learning how to control someone's body temp. She guided the ship down, nodding. Not much life, but still livable. Good. That was always g- Oh.

"Yeah, I'd say there's life. We're being tracked. Heat seeker. Ten seconds to impact. .. Brace!" No sooner did she cry out then she herself braced. The impact came not a second later in a cacophony of explosions. One from the missile, the next, their engine. They went into a tailspin shortly after, her struggling with the controls to keep them at least angled for a rough landing and not an outright crash.

"Karkin' Maw, I swear!"

Lloyd Kelmp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom