Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Chilled Whiskey

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
The chilling air seemed to seep into Kardek's clothes as he moved briskly along the Coruscanti walkway, surely quickening his pace as the run-of-the-mill cantina finally came into view. Although he had at one point considered Coruscant home, it had been a long time since the rogue had been anywhere close to the core. Now a sense of unfamiliarity gnawed at his mind as he swung open the door and entered the musky establishment.

The sound of music could be heard as he paused for a moment, taking in his surroundings and quickly surveying the present occupants. Usually up-kept himself, Kardek seemed a bit more ragged than normal: His black hair seemed to point in every direction at once, and instead of his more elegant attire his most found itself covered in a rather simple white tee shirt and grey denim jacket.

The Rogue, determining no immediate threat, focused his attention on the bar as he approached and swung on leg over a stool, sitting a bit precariously on the edge as he waved towards a bartender who was already on approach.

"Whiskey." He offered simply on an almost hushed tone.

Instinctively, a tin found itself popped open in his hand as his fingered drew out a long cigarra. He paused for a moment, looking at it almost blankly. It was of the Fiora variety. No emotion crossed his face, but instead he seemed to remember something from a long time ago. And then it was on his lips and lit.

And its slow fume joined in with the misty cloud of all the other cigarras. And he was just another man in another cantina…

The last time Mia had been on Coruscant, it'd been under Sith control. What had they called themselves then? The One Sith? She shook her head. It didn't matter, no matter what banner they floated above their head they outcome was always the same. To be here now though? it reminded her of the Coruscant that had been under the Republic when she had been Mand'alor.

The galactic alliance had done well at rebuilding, and keeping peace in the core worlds. That much was true, why the enclave was at war with them? It was a mystery to Mia. She shook her hood free as she entered the cantina, settling herself into an empty barstool and shrugging off her coat as she contemplated her drink of choice. A quick glance down the bar for inspiration and she spied the smooth dark amber liquid in the mans glass a seat away from her.

"I'll have what he's having." She couldn't say no to a good whisky after all.

Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Kardek glanced on the woman's direction as she spoke. He seemed to study her for a brief moment, then nodded in approval of her choose of beverage before turning back to his own glass to take another sip. His mind wandered aimlessly for a moment as he took a brief drag of his cigarra, then offered some words to the stranger.

"Just arrive?" He suggested, knowing that this little spot neighbored the major space port that he himself had just landed from.

"You could say that, yes." Mia replied with a small smile. Had she arrived on Coruscant in the last hour? Yes. Had she also only been back in the land of the living for a couple of weeks at most? Also, yes.

"Its been a minute since I've been here. A lot has changed." She accepted her drink, paying the bartender. A small sip followed by another small smile. "Mm, the core worlds always did have the best whiskey." Her eyes swept the bar, looking for nothing in particular, but simply out of habit. Never left a corner unchecked, especially when you've got a drink in your hand.

"What about you? Local? or passing through?"

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Kardek nodded at her comment regarding the change Coruscant had seen throughout recent years. He assumed that because of this as well as her mention of the core world's whiskey that she had possibly been in the outer rim for a while.

"This city has seen its share of ups and downs, hasn't it." He stated in response. "And yes…" he raised his glass, almost as if to toast with the woman, "Can't beat Core world whiskey." He smirked, then took another sip. Kardek noticed her subtle inspection of the bar, which raised the possibility of her having combat training. Her appearance also leaned him a bit in that direction as well. Now what kind of combat, that was yet to be determined.

At her inquiry into his own possible locality, he tilted his head and seemed to think to himself for a moment, searching for an answer.

"I'd have to say… passing through. Kind of. Mostly. Sometimes." He chuckled to himself. What a terrible answer.

He shifted himself a bit more on her direction.

"So what brings you back to Coruscant?"

A terrible answer it might have been, but it made complete sense to Mia. She nodded slowly, swirling the liquid in thought before taking another sip. She pondered his question. After all she couldn't exactly say I've been dead for forty years, I'm trying to get a feel for the galaxy I've been dragged back to. So, what could she say?

She was taking too long to answer. "Been in the rim worlds for too long, needed to remind myself what civilisation is actually like." she said finally. "And also why I left it."

She adjusted her position to reflect his. "So tell me, as someone who is kinda, mostly, sometimes passing through, anywhere I should avoid? Or make a point of seeing?"

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
The rogue smirked a bit at her answer, sensing that while some of it might be true, it was surely a polite way of saying "none of your business". He couldn't blame her either. Open up to a complete stranger? Stranger danger as they say... or something like that...

"Well, it's still greedy, self-centered, and just as cut-throat as you probably remember... but oh, is it comfortable." He took a hit of his cigarra as his eyes focused in on the woman, an expression that was almost a bit playful. "A great place to drift into obscurity and enjoy every second of it."

He couldn't help but admit to himself that he had been guilty of such a reality. His growing wealth from working within a prominent yet secretive underworld syndicate had more than had an affect on the man, who tended to splurge on pretty much whatever he wanted these days and waste his time on meaningless and rather rambunctious activities. But the more he thought about it, the more he realized he really couldn't care less. Maybe he had grown callus, but that was better than actually giving a kark and continually getting let down.

Kardek tilted his head a bit and smiled mischievously at her comment, his mind already finding a strange and amusing parallel between what he might suggest and what others might avoid.

"Well, that depends on you I suppose." He pointed his drink in her direction, "But if you happen to be a fun-loving, all-in mother kriffer like me, then you might have just found yourself a decent tour guide."

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia couldn't help but grin in response to his mischief, this was exactly what she needed. Ijaat waa little bit of home, but he was so serious sometimes, and so fixated on the mission that Ashin gave him. She needed something easy and loose fitting, something to remind her what it was like to really live. Not just move from one fight to the next.

It'd been a long time since Mia had done anything truly fun.

"Oh I think you and I are going to get a long just fine. I'd be happy to accept you as a tour guide." She extended a hand to shake "I'm Mia."

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
"Kardek." The man responded, taking her hand of greeting. "Well, that's just fantastic Mia... because i've had a terrible day myself and could really use a good night out on the town." He quickly gulped down the remainder of his glass, setting down the empty glass abruptly on the bar and motioning the bartender for two more for the two of them with his fingers.

"A little pre-game is always a wise decision." He smirked. "There are some clubs we could hit up and check out the vibes, see how we feel. But I would want to swing by my place and clean up a bit first. That work for you?" He has just gotten back from some grimy work, and was in no proper condition to have a good time.

He tilted his head a bit, a thought suddenly seeming to strike him, "… but if you'd rather just stop by the shopping district instead of a stranger's condo, I won't be offended." He swiped a credit chip from his pocket and offered it in Mia's direction half-hazardly.

"the night is on me."

His entire demeanor was rather casual, but with the slightest edge of whimsical playfulness.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia raised an eyebrow, the corners of her mouth twitching as she fought back a laugh. She gave him brief up down look, before finishing her own drink. "Where would the fun in that be?" she accepted the second drink from the bartender. She was in no danger, and even if she was she'd fought worse and come out on top.

She was dressed well enough for a night on the town, fitted jeans, solid boots, because who the feth wanted to wear heels, a simple low cut top and her leather jacket was resting on the back on her chair. She'd left her beskad with the ship, but there was a small blade tucked in her boots, just in case. Mia had a feeling that this one might just want to take them somewhere she'd need it.

Mia plucked the credit chip from his fingers. "Tour guide and a free night out, who am I to say no?"

She raised the second glass to him in a cheers, before finishing it. Drunk and stupid hadn't been on her to do list, but she was all for seizing the opportunity. She rapped the bar for a third drink.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
qvW3kJa.png

The luxurious speeder zipped quickly along the air highways of Coruscant, weaving itself effortlessly through the slower moving traffic it encountered. Kardek, in the driver seat, now sported a suit vest, a nice long sleeved dress shirt, and a tie with a sporty leather jacket completing the getup. His hair was a bit more controlled now, and in-between him and his passenger was a bottle of top shelf brandy sitting in an ice bath, available for either member to take a swig from if they so desired.

BO4QrL4.jpg

Kardek had, in his left hand, a lit Fiora Ruby, straddled between two fingers, which features a rather potent spice blend indeed. Already beginning to feel its effects, the fashionable gunslinger was already well on his way towards a good time of shenanigans. He had offered one to Mia, his mysterious companion for the evening, if she was in the mood to partake in such things.

Being as his speeder was registered with special senate privileges, he was never truly concerned with stretching his luck and breaking a few laws behind the wheel, as long as he was somewhat mindful not to go too far of coarse. He wouldn't want to jeopardize his standing with Dominique Vexx Dominique Vexx after all.

The subs in the vehicle reverberated with an almost hypnotic pulse of low and steady frequencies reminiscent of such music they were about to enjoy at one of the man's favorite clubs. Loud enough to move them in their seats a bit, but not enough to overpower their conversation, as long as one didn't speak too quietly.

"… so what do you believe in?" The man suddenly steered the conversation into a much more philosophical direction, glancing for a moment at Mia before turning his eyes back to the space lane. Perhaps it was the effects of the spice, or the alcohol, but the man seemed to be in a rather contemplative mood. "I mean… why are we here? Why are YOU here…"

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Last edited:
Kardek cleaned up nicely, Mia had to give him that, she'd turned down his offer of the Fiora Ruby, spice was an interesting drug but the effect it had on ones mental state? She'd rather not take the risk, her psychosis didn't need to be encouraged into an episode. She did, however, enjoy the brandy. the drinks and conversation flowed freely and Mia felt relaxed for the first time she'd woken up on the slab in the Pomojema.

She chuckled at the question. "Feth if I know the answer to that question. I used to think our purpose, my peoples purpose was to live, fight and die in battle. To pick the biggest kid in the playground and punch 'em real hard, just to prove we could. We did too." She grinned reminiscing. "Oya manda."

She took another swig of her drink. "Now? I'm on my third life, because some idiot friend felt sorry for me. And I'm tired of punching. So maybe I'm looking for a different answer to that question this time around."

Mia stopped, realising what she'd said. Well, it was too late now, cat was out of the bag. How he reacted would have to determine her next move.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Kardek nodded knowingly at the mention of the Mandalorian dogma. He knew it well, having converted to become Mandalorian himself when he was younger due to the strong influence and respect he had carried for his mentor. That seemed like an eternity ago now. Seemed like another life.

And then, Kardek’s head tilted to the side curiously. Mia had started to process with him the concept of being on her third life now. At first he was tempted to assume it as metaphorical, but that didn’t seem to be the case. His fingers tapped the controls methodically as he processed the information, a sense of curiousness slowly rising to the top of his mental plane. He decided to probe.

“Well. Never heard that one before.” He jested a bit, offering her a raised eye brow. “So… how many of those do we get? I always assumed it was just the one, but never tried it. You know… he waves his hand, looking for the right word, “…resurrecting.” He offered her a wink, then took another hit from the cigarra.

He assumed she must be a Jedi or something. Maybe even a Sith. Or something in between. Coming back from the dead? That did sound a bit more dark side to the man than it did light. But who knows these days. Was his life in danger? Kardek rolled the window down a bit and flicked his cigarra into the night. Kark. He was already a bit mentally impaired. Hopefully this night didn’t take a turn for the worse. He turned and smiled softly at Mia, an attempt at reassurance.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia relaxed, reaching for the brandy and taking a long swig, before setting it back into the ice bucket.

"I don't recommend it." she gave him a sideways glance. "Its incredibly painful, for one. And it always comes with strings attached, no matter how much they say it doesn't" There was an edge of bitterness in her voice. She forced her frustration aside, twisting slightly in her seat to face Kardek a little more. "You tell anyone and I'll kill you, for the record."

She smiled. "You must have your own philosophy? One that's done you well enough to feel comfortable enough to smoke spice behind the wheel of a very fancy speeder in the galaxies capital where it is most definitely illegal." There was no judgement, hell, Mia envied the ease of it. Kardek seemed as careless as they came.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Kardek processed the concept of life after death, meditating on what she offered, and wondered for a moment if this was some kind of cruel joke that he was on the butt end of. Or perhaps, somehow, some way, there was the possibility to bring the dead back from some other form of existence.

Kardek’s expression lost any sense of playfulness or amusement. Instead, a current of quiet intensity seemed to grip him. Her threat of death didn’t seem to phase the gunslinger in the slightest. He just kept his eyes in front of him, continuing to weave through traffic.

Her question attempted to divert the subject and focus back on him, but his thought patterns were now set in like a rut. He blinked, breathing in and letting it out slowly as he attempted to formulate some kind of answer, while his mind remained focused on the afterlife.

“Yeah. Guess everyone does. Have a philosophy, that is.” His fingers tapped the controls again, “I’m on my third round of philosophical resurrection, if you will.” It was a bit of a play on their previous topic, but he didn’t smile. “First round? Be the best. Ambitious goals. Life is for sale to the highest bidder and the biggest risk taker. That kind of thing.”

He then pulled the speeder out of the main airway and began to approach the top of a nearby building that seemed to be pulsing with lights. “Then I got hit with disillusionment. Grew a conscious I guess you could say. Realized I had damaged and hurt a lot of people. So I fought the fights for others that didn’t have a chance. And I won. A vigilante of sorts. My philosophy was make the world a better place by confronting the darkness with the light… Or something poetic and nonsensical like that…”

The speeder came to rest on top of the building. “Now?” He turned to face Mia, “The galaxy was created by some being, or “Force”, that has the darkest and most morbid sense of humor you can imagine. Our existence is a cruel joke, and your either in on the joke or your getting played for a fool.”

He paused, thinking deeply about the topic he desperately wanted to breech again with the woman, for reasons that still remained a misery to her. Finally he leaned a bit closer to her and, with a tangible sense of intensity and focus, he spoke…

“What happens when you die.” He asked softly.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia snorted at his third ideology and shook her head. She had her own feelings on that matter but Kardek's playfulness had fallen away, he was serious and Mia had a feeling that dropping the bomb she had was not going disappear under the rug quite so quickly as she'd hoped.

“What happens when you die.” He asked softly.

Mia closed her eyes and rested her head back. "Shavvit, Kardek." she breathed. "Alright, fine, but if you're going to make me relive this shit for your own morbid curiosity, you better make sure I forget the rest of the evening."

"Death is different for everyone, there is no one rule, no one place we go. The netherworld is vast, cruel and unyielding in its hold over a soul. If you're lucky, you'll find yourself in the golden Field of Blades, here you can rest, be at peace." she paused, emotion pressing on her chest. "I was never so lucky. You take as many souls as I have, they have a tendency to make sure you never leave the Blood Wastes and you never stop fighting... Powerful force users can at the very least maintain and control their existence to some extent, others...tend to drift in the wind."

She blinked, forcing the pain aside. "The first time wasn't so bad, I'd only helped burn one planet and I still had friends and family who cared enough to help me back through the rifts. The second time?" she shuddered and opened her eyes, studying Kardek's face wondering why he wanted to know when a thought struck her.

"Who did you lose?"

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Kardek seemed to be listening extremely intently to every word Mia spoke. He was searching for something in her words, something that would stoke the embers of hope within his soul. Ultimately he was left with a mixture of emotions, and very conflicted. Surely she would be in the field of blades. Surely. But him? With all that he had done? Even in death, would he never see her again? And then the thought of her, as a none force sensitive, drifting helplessly for eternity, never fully finding rest…

It was a devastating and crushing thought. One that was hard to bear.

He took hold of the bottle and took a large gulp, wiping some of the residual liquid off his chin as he put it back down.

At her question, he turned away, staring out at the dark night with flickering lights of speeders as they passed in the distance.

“Someone more important to me than life.” He said with an edge of bitterness. He went to speak, then seemed to be stuck on the words for a moment. Finally he forced out what was on his mind.

“So is there no rest for anyone… unless they can use the force?” He looked back at her with pain in his eyes, “Are they really doomed to drift in the wind forever?” Then another thought came to his mind suddenly… the idea of attempting to bring her back from death. But Mia had mentioned that there was always a cost. If the cost was her not being in the good place for eternity when she did die, then he would never attempt to rob her of that. Not even for his own momentary relief.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia shrugged "I'm a force user, so I can't speak wholly for others experiences, but I can tell you that drifting in the wind over the field of blades, that is peace. If you're still enough, you can hear them in the winds of this galaxy." She rested a hand on his forearm. "Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la. I am truly sorry for your loss. "

She was quiet for a moment. "I didn't have a choice in coming back this time, I was pulled and while I was not at peace, I do know that it was not what I wanted. Don't let your own selfish urges drive you to do something reckless. Have faith that they are at peace, and move on."

Hard words, but Mia had never been great at comforting anyone.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
Kardek nodded, forcing himself to accept her conclusion. She was dead. She was at peace. No sense in tormenting himself with any other possibility. After a moment, he shook his head, as if attempting to shake off the entire conversation. He turned toward Mia again, forcing a smirk back onto his face and looking down at her hand on his arm.

“What… trying to comfort me? That’s cute. He said, his playfulness coming back. “What’s wrong with us? It’s like we’re being sentimental or something. Gross.” He winked at her and, although jesting and making light of it, it was apparent that he did appreciate the gesture.

“So basically, this is your welcome back party. Is that right?” Still feeling a bit heavy, he knew very well how to drown such negativity. Kardek pulled out another cigarra and lit it, taking in a solid pull before letting it escape out the side of his mouth.

“Well, let’s go get you properly karked up.” He opened both doors, and pulled himself out of the seat and onto the roof, pulling the bottle of brandy out behind him. He paused and studied it for a second, swaying slightly under the influence of the alcohol as his eyes studied the label.

“Well.. what do you know… this isn’t Brandy.” He said to Mia over the hood of the speeder. He then held it up so Mia could see the label.

“It’s whiskey!”

Kardek let out a loud laugh, right before taking another swig from the bottle.

“It’s chilled whiskey!!” He shouted loudly from the rooftop to no one in particular, raising his arms in the air as if it was the greatest revelation to ever cross his brain. He wasn’t sure why he was having this reaction. Perhaps it was the simple thought that lingered on the back of his mind… the image of Sasha’s face, smiling down at him from some mysterious place called the netherworld. And she was in the field of blades.

Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

Mia couldn't help but chuckle as she removed her hand from his arm. "I wouldn't dream of it, and you started it."

Following suit, Mia climbed out of the car, moving to his side, she plucked the bottle from his hands as he shouted his revelation to the world. He was feeling things, and doing what he needed to to process them, she wasn't going to judge, "I though it tasted funny for brandy." she mused before taking a swig.

"Hey tour guide," she said giving him a gentle push "you're supposed to be showing me around, so far I've seen your condo, your car and a rooftop. Surely you can do better?" She teased, taking another swig of the whiskey, relishing in the warm buzz she was getting. She could be carefree, just for tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom