Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Charon-Class Corvette "Zero"

Status
Not open for further replies.
oDXCtgx.jpg

"Zero"
"... you are no quantity or number; nothing; the figure 0! Before you there were none, you are the point at which all other are made, if you go now, no other will be born..."
Bryce Bantam "The Crucible"
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
* Intent: Create a unique corvette, organic in design that has SW Canon basis. Ship will be the first in a line of unique workshop creations based on the Kathol Lore of the Charon and other tech developed by me and other in the Outer Rim Coalition
* Image Source: http://b5audioguide.com/?p=540
* Canon Link: No actual Star Wars canon but he concepts used in it are found Here
* Restricted Missions: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/109963-the-crucible-antithesis-prologue
* Primary Source: Unique star ship sub

ZzVlvzG.png

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: PZC
  • Model: "Zero"
  • Affiliation: Bryce Bantam
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel, Liquid metallic hydrogen, metallic crystal, Phrik
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Scout / Assault Corvette
  • Length: 189 meters
  • Width: 95 meters
  • Height: 32 meters
Armament: Very High - Zero was intended to be an ultimate expression of war. All weapons are built to to maximum damage for her size and all other system placed as secondary to this mission. Only her sized keeps her from the elite of the elite of armament as she had too many powerful weapons and not enough power to sustain them.
  1. Main Gun - Proton Beam Cannon
  2. Nose Guns - (2) "Heavy" Retribution Plasma Cannon
  3. Wing Guns - (4) Conqueror Ion Cannon
Defenses: Very low​​​ - Compared to most ships it's size it has very little in the way of shields, just basic shielding that is drained quickly when using main weapons and overloaded quickly due to the setup of the ship. Zero also has a thin frame made of Phrik infused durasteel. So while her "bones" are strong she has many open areas that are not present on a normal ship and little in the way of armor, her outer hull is more akin layers of skin, the thickness of a void suit, then proper armor.

Hangar: None - Ship has no hanger of any kind

Maneuverability Rating: Extreme - Instead of relying on shields or armor for defense, Zero can do near break neck turned, 360's and flips one would expect from an interceptor sized fighter thanks to its slim open design and unique engines.
  1. Gravametic Engines
Speed Rating: Average - Though extremely nimble "Zero" is by one means a speed demon. It has slightly above average top speed for a ship it's size but when acceleration is needed can increase it's speed in short bursts by engaging its' ion boosters.
  1. Nimble-5 Ion Engine
Hyperdrive Class: Moderate .8 - Zero is slightly faster than standard due to its' class of Hyperdrive.
  1. Zephyr hyperdrive
SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:
  • Pew Pew - Her weapons are strong, in fact over powered really.
  • Dancer - She moves like a ship a tenth her size and can do maneuvers a conventional thrust ship and only dream of.
  • Organic - Ion weapons are not very effective
Weaknesses:
  • Thin frame - She has no armor and weak shields. Designed to our maneuver heavy guns if she is ever caught flat footed, she is in serious trouble.
  • Unique - Her signature and look make her easy to identify
  • Kinetic death - Kinetic weapons are especially effective against Zero given her lack of armor and slight build.
  • Fight or Flight - Zero has been know when badly damaged to disobey her commander and jump out to protect herself
  • Mind tricks do work on her - As she has an organic mind she is susceptible to force powers such as Jedi mind tricks and Force Fear
  • No junk in her trunk - She is a think framed scout, she can hold maybe one small speeder and some other minor supplies.
  • Few crew - For a 100m ship Zero can not maintain a large crew, this leaves her vulnerable to boarding.
  • Heart of Black - Zero is powered by a Micro singularity reactor. Once started it can not be turned off only neutralized. In which case Zero will die as like any creature, kill the heart, kill the beast... This reactor also becomes unstable around bodies of gravity, such as large moons, planets or stars so Zero has a difficult time remaining around these objects for large periods of time.
STANDARD FEATURES

Cargo Capacity: 10 metric tons
Passengers: 6
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimum Crew: 5
Consumables: 12 months
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications Array
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Resu Navigational Suite
  • High-resolution, short-range lifeform analysis scanners
  • High-resolution, short-range dagnostic scanners
  • Long-range, high-resolution Idellian Arrays lifeform scanners
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Omnicompatible docking collar/cofferdam
  • Medical Bay including
*Bacta/kolto/kolcta tanks
*Brain mapper
*Substance analyzer
*Medical cocoons
*Stasis chambers
  • Force cylinder projectors (one dorsal, one ventral)
  • Trapped False Docking Ports (4) (Ship has for false docking ports that when triggered will explode and shower boarders with anti personal munitions)
  • Tractor Beams (3: 1 dorsal stern, 1 ventral stern, 1 ventral bow)

Description:

Zero is a creation that was thought lost to the universe after the defeat of the Charon, a living, organic ship she was brought back into existence by the treachery of [member="Eva Dezod"] and her attempts to bring that remained of the Charon from "Other space". Zero was to be the first of a long line of Charon war ships, a fusion of standard metallic technology and Kathol organic science. She however need help beyond herself to being her idea into existence. Capturing a little known shipwright named Bryce Bantam she sought to use his intellect and resources to create the first prototype, they ship now called Zero.

Zero was created in a time dilation field so her 10 year growth and construction would only take a matter of minutes in real time. It was in this field she deconstructed the hulls of two ships, Vision-class luxury and a GR Crusis Armed transport. These would be the base materials that Zero would grow from. During that time she was in construction Bryce Bantam found a way to wrestle control from Eva and when the ship returned to real time it was fully formed and under the control of Bryce.

She is a sentient ship, fiercely loyal to her master Bryce Bantam. She has an intellect similar to that of dog or other pack animal. She can feel pain and will react in a manner of panic or fright if injured badly. Bryce also has an impathic connection to her, he is able to give out basic commands and call to her if times of great distress. She does possess other standard controls, many grafted into her bridge from the ships she was created from. Though she perfers getting direct commands from Bryce she can be piloted by others through these standard controls but not as effectively.

She has few crew quarters but what she does have are pure extravagance with all the amenities one would expect from a luxury yacht. Due to Bryces extensive medical background Zero also have a medical bay akin to one would toy find in H-wing medical transport. One he uses extensively to heal both himself and others.

Little else is know about the Kathol that began Zero's creation, even fewer know of the dark origins of her creation and what her technology is based off. For now Bryce has not tried to duplicate Zero or the process that created her. That may some day change but for now that is a bridge he is not willing to cross.

Bryce Bantam said:
Material: Durasteel, Liquid metallic hydrogen, metallic crystal, Phink
Just to clarify, what is Phink? Or is this Phrik?

Bryce Bantam said:
River-type Tractor/Pressor
Massive gun count equivalency (100 capital weapons) creates hard limits on the sizes and types of ship in which the Great River emplacement can be installed.
It's a unique vessel, and because of that, I can see a pass for leniency on a large number of items. But the sheer power that a great river would require is not inconsiderable, especially considering that it also significant firepower elsewhere.

Bryce Bantam said:
Hundreds of automated organic repair droids

Can you tell me a little bit more about these? How effective are they at repairing damage? Or do they have a link to a submission somewhere else?

Bryce Bantam said:
Trapped False Docking Ports (4)
Can you tell me a little bit more about these?

Overall Balance Thought: When I plug the rating values into the spreadsheet, I get the Overall Judgement of "Seems Very Overpowered". I think that this could use one or two rating drops and/or the addition of another weakness.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir Quee said:
Just to clarify, what is Phink? Or is this Phrik?
Corrected to Phrik

Gir Quee said:
Bryce Bantam, on 29 May 2017 - 09:58 AM, said: River-type Tractor/Pressor Quote Massive gun count equivalency (100 capital weapons) creates hard limits on the sizes and types of ship in which the Great River emplacement can be installed. It's a unique vessel, and because of that, I can see a pass for leniency on a large number of items. But the sheer power that a great river would require is not inconsiderable, especially considering that it also significant firepower elsewhere.
'

I agree, wish list item removed

Gir Quee said:
Bryce Bantam, on 29 May 2017 - 09:58 AM, said: Hundreds of automated organic repair droids Can you tell me a little bit more about these? How effective are they at repairing damage? Or do they have a link to a submission somewhere else?
Added description and liked a similar approved droid for reference

Bryce Bantam, on 29 May 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:
Bryce Bantam said:
Trapped False Docking Ports (4)
Can you tell me a little bit more about these?

Detail added

Gir Quee said:
Overall Balance Thought: When I plug the rating values into the spreadsheet, I get the Overall Judgement of "Seems Very Overpowered". I think that this could use one or two rating drops and/or the addition of another weakness.
Agreed, I would like to keep the ratings so I have removed the hanger all together and added 5 more weaknesses, for a unique ship will this work?

Bryce Bantam said:
Agreed, I would like to keep the ratings so I have removed the hanger all together and added 5 more weaknesses, for a unique ship will this work?

Per the starship template, not having a hangar is considered average for a corvette. So plugging this in back to the spreadsheet still give the result of "seems very overpowered". I do like the weaknesses that you have added, as they give depth and flair to the characteristics of your unique creation. They do seem highly situational though, and arguably the "few crew" is partially neutralized by the repair droids (Larraq's droid submission specifically states that they fight intruders).

Additionally, while the defense is listed as "very low", it's also made out of phrik, which is known for being quite durable. Based on your description of that rating and the ship's designing, I do not doubt that you play it fairly, but the phrik also gives some potential wiggle room that could (partially) negate that rating.

So it's close, but not quite balanced yet.

I'd recommend lowering either the armament or maneuverability rating from extreme to very high. Do this, and it will be ready for approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom