Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change (open)

A man once said, "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

The galaxy was changing, civilization was changing, the universe was changing, but more importantly, Thraishe was changing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A thought had come across Thraishe's mind as he woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. He wasn't the man he was before. Certainly the obvious things such as getting older, but at the young age of 23 something else was changing. His mindset was changing. He realized that he didn't feel the way his parents and grandparents and their parents had felt about the Dark side of the Force. His Thyrsian ancestors weren't necessarily bad, but after being recruited into the Galactic Empire, the Emperor had corrupted their minds. Thraishe guessed it had taken this long to finally realize they were in the wrong. He was changing (hopefully) for the better.

"I need a drink," Thraishe said to himself as he got his robes on and walked out.

He made his way to the cantina and the usual crowd was there. Thraishe ordered a drink and sat down, contemplating life.

Not far from where he sat, sat one of them weird force using types. Straight out of a holobook. Black crimson robe draped loose. A pale, haunted face. Hair the color of bleached bone. But those eyes, they were alive and were the color of fire...not unlike his drink. A Sith by all his trappings. A Sith in a bar, there's got to be a joke that starts like that. This particular Sith was however far away from here. His eyes locked into space. His thoughts fleeted over the fools errand his life had been in service to the Draclau Clan. The tyranny of his father. And of course thoughts of his sister.

She burned in his heart. Like she had burned when he had risen up and taken Lao Mon as its ruler. Taken over the home of the Draclau Clan only to lose it all to time and the invading Mandalorians. Because she had turned away. And he had been alone. A kingdom was not enough. And now he was where he had been before it all began. Nothing had changed. He blinked and looked around, noticing the new arrival.

Gulping down his drink he spoke softly.

"Nothing changes but the weather."

Thraishe downed his drink and stood to leave, when he noticed @[member="Skorn Draclau"] in the corner. Clearly not like the others in the bar, Thraishe tried to avoid eye contact. The eyes of this man were, by all instances, corrupted, not unlike his own. Thraishe had felt...a connection of some sort. He slowly plodded over to where the man sat and removed his mask, revealing his pure white eyes and pale, scarred face, then he had understood the man.

"Everything is not what it seems. Something is amiss." Thraishe spoke clearly.

He had attracted stares from the other drinkers

His eyes snapped over to the man who chose to sit beside him. Why not? Some company had been on the cards for a while. He looked closely at the man. The more he stared into those eyes, the more he felt something growing within him. A faint touch of darkness.

"The Galaxy is dying."

Skorn responded and asked for another drink. The tender obliged with another bottle.

"And we are the cure. Only...Im not sure the Galaxy can survive it. The cure that is..."

He knocked back his drink. Golden eyes focused on the man.

"I am Skorn, Of the Draclau Clan. Who are you dark one?"

"I...I am Thraishe Krine, former Imperial Shadow Guard," Thraishe spoke in a low tone, "though I am lost. I know not who my allegiance belongs to. I have decided to follow my roots back to Echani."

He chewed on a piece of bread, "I don't feel compelled to the Darkness as my ancestors were..."

"Then I am your polar opposite."

He sipped his refilled drink, slowly this time. A distant look of longing once more passed over his eyes.

"I have lived a long life. And spent many years running away from my destiny. A lifetime, perhaps more by human standards. For I am Shi'ido and we are long lived. But I have been unable to escape."

He laughed then.

"My destiny lies in the darkness. I am Sith. I was born into darkness. And I shall fight it no longer."

"Tell me elder, do you value your life as of now?" Thraishe asked him kindly, "tell me, have you never come to a point in your life where you questioned what to do? Tell me, are you as perfect as you act?" He said, his voice becoming sarcastic, "if so, please enlighten me. I wish to know which way to go when I cannot find my own path. I'm not the man I used to be. I'm not a Sith. I'm a Thyrsian! One of the greatest warrior races to ever live! " Thraishe was yelling now and attracting stares.

"Tell me more of who you are, what your path has been till now."

Although drinking away his sorrows, Skorn was a sorcerer of much skill. And well versed in the ancient magics of his people. Divination was but one of the many tools available to a Sith Sorcerer. But secrets such as the future first required the past.

"Perhaps I can give you a glimpse of your future, but for that I will need your past."

@[member="Thraishe Krine"]

"If that is so then why do you feel that you must change your path? Why do you wish to abandon the Shadow Guards."

He took another sip of his drink.

"The Empire is as good a cause as any to serve."

"The Empire is no more. Nothing of it's former glory. I do not feel that the Sith is morally right. I want to turn my life around." Thraishe looked at him with pale eyes, seeking wisdom.

"Is that so morals is it?"

Skorn felt a speech building up inside. He hated it when that happened. Especially after he was slightly drunk.

"Morals are tools. We use them to justify our cause. Or our way. Morals at the end of the day are what we use to tell ourselves that yes, indeed we were in the right. Now we can rest easy. And kill some more people tomorrow.

Jedi, Sith, Republic, Empire, Dark, Light...it does not matter. Each kills when it needs to. Each justifies it as it wishes to. I do not have to consult my powers to tell you this. This, I have seen with my own eyes over the years I have lived. "

He smiled.

"But if one understands this, then his morals can be...flexible. If morals is your only reason...I would suggest go back. You might be walking away from your destined path...and none who do so live to find peace."

"I justify nothing."

He shrugged.

"But the Sith do, they justify it in the name of Order. So do the Jedi...they justify it in the name of what has to be done. The Republic justify it in the name of peace and the Empire justifies in the name of stability. So tell me...which one is truly innocent?"

He laughed a short laugh.

"If you wish to not kill innocents, give up your weapons and armor, repent and become a monk on some obscure world. Remove yourself from this galactic war. However if all you are willing to do is trade masters then I foresee you coming back here in an year or two sitting with a drink, wondering which way to go in your life."

Skorn shrugged and finished his drink too. Guess he wouldnt be needing to divine the man's future after all.

"I am not sure of myself. I am however sure about you."

With a laugh and a wave of his hand he dismissed him and ordered another bottle. It was time to start getting really drunk.

OOC: I think this thread is complete, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom