Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chances and Meetings

CORUSCANT // JEDI TEMPLE
Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

Go out and meet the other Jedi, Padawan. We are all in this together. One unit... against Darkness.

It kinda sounded fake to Sion, but who was he to argue with Master Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor ? It was true Sion felt rather isolated. A consequence of coming to the Jedi Temple later, having been brought up in a Jedi enclave in the Outer Rim. He missed the sort of support network the other Jedi Padawans had. Nether, the kind other Jedi had in general. His Master had been traveling around a lot and Sion traveled alongside him.

Not a lot of room to make friends.

Right now Sion was trying to make sense of this map. The Temple was... gargantuan, really. He knew some of the locations; the eating hall, the hall of healing, the libraries, but there was still a lot left undiscovered.

So involved and with his nose stuck in the map, the Jedi Padawan barely realized someone was standing in his way.

"Oh!" And just barely managed to sidestep before he'd walk into Briana Sal-Soren. In the progress he dropped the datapad while stumbling. "Sorry! Still trying to figure this place out!"

Bending over to grab the datapad a bit awkwardly.

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof2_2.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: N/A
Tag: Sion Lorray Sion Lorray

“While I have been naturally quite busy tutoring your younger sisters Breha and Blaire, Mistress Briana, your mother did authorize me to take the liberty of setting up a fine curriculum of studies for you while you're away on Coruscant. You’re to study them alongside your Jedi training. Master Valery Noble Valery Noble has been informed.” Sera instructed sternly. “The books should be delivered this afternoon, do not neglect them.”

-------------------------------------------------​

Sera never left any room for argument, a trick that Briana often wondered if her mother had picked up on from the old android who’d been in the family since Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren and her siblings were children. Briana sighed noisily and rolled her bright blue eyes in an expression that she unconsciously imitated from her own mother, gathering up her stack of books and beginning her long trek down the halls.

Absent-mindedly, Briana thought of how different Coruscant was from the jungles of Ossus where she’d first started off her training. The Temple here always seemed to bustle with an intensity and energy that filtered into every aspect of daily life, crowded, was one word for it. Unlike the jungle world, where one could often find moments of stillness, no matter what time of day it was.

Not that Briana minded. She’d always been a bit of a social butterfly, never one to feel anxious or nervous in a crowd. It was just that it made it more difficult to navigate, constantly trying not to bump into others while carrying a ridiculous load of heavy books.

But for all of her effort, it might as well have been for naught.

Maybe he hadn’t seen her, maybe she hadn’t seen him, but the result was nearly catastrophic. With a loud gasp, Briana reacted with dizzying speed to keep her balance, spinning on her heel to avoid a direct collision.

"Sorry! Still trying to figure this place out!"

The young Sal-Soren shrugged her shoulders, readjusting the slipping curriculum until she had a more solid grip. “No harm done, it happens,” she huffed. “Where are you headed? I’d be happy to help you figure it out, this place is a maze until you get used to it.”

JediD.png

Last edited:

Luckily Briana didn't lose her books in the progress...

...and the datapad was okay too!

Great.

Now it was just embarrassing instead of potentially damaging. The dressing down he'd have received from the quartermaster would have not seen an end to matters. He finally turned to her and brightened up quickly. "Oh, you are exactly who I have been looking for!" His mouth would run before his mind had time to catch up.

When it finally did?

He flushed considerably and took a step back, raising one hand. "That's to say, my Master tasked me to get to know more Jedi of my age. I only recently... joined." Joined was one way to put it. Another was 'rescued after being tort-', well it didn't matter.

"I was looking for the mess-hall. Can't really say I am really good at this..."

Obviously with lines like 'you are exactly who i am looking for', but at least Sion was trying. Right?

Bri4_1.png

JediD.png

Brianaprof2_2.png
Wearing: XoXo
Equipment: N/A
Tag: Sion Lorray Sion Lorray

The young Jedi woman's brows shot up in surprise at his flurried statement, but watching a kaleidoscope of emotions unfurl over his features as he tried to explain what he meant, Briana couldn't help but giggle softly. It was an interesting change of pace from how she typically met others, though she did feel a little guilty for enjoying his awkward moment when he seemed so earnest.

"I suppose welcomes are in order then," she said with a grin. "I'm Briana Sal-Soren, Va-" she caught her tongue between her teeth, quick to correct herself. "Master Noble's padawan."

She shuffled her books to the other arm, resting them against the crook of her elbow so they were in a more comfortable position, a smile kissing her plush lips.

"The mess hall isn't far," She began, deciding then and there that a small detour wouldn't hurt. It wasn't like she had anything exciting planned, anyway. "I'll walk you there." she stated, taking up stride beside him, "We can talk along the way and you can tell me more about yourself."

JediD.png

Last edited:

Va?

Briana didn't seem like she wanted to elaborate however and Sion wasn't one to wake sleeping dogs.

"Nice to meet you Briana!" He offered a hand for a shake once she cleared one hand from her books. "I am Sion Lorray. General Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor is my Master now." Now being the operative word. It still felt bad to not even mention his former Master. Dead and buried by the Maw. But what good would it do to keep thinking about it?

"Oh, great, thank you."

Directions in general would have been nice, but this would be easier and Briana seemed nice.

"Master Noble though. You are lucky, she is one of the best." Which... felt odd to say about Jedi. It wasn't like there was a ranking order, but Noble? Yeah, fierce and dedicated to the Light.

In a way it would have been easier to be her Padawan, Sion believed. Osarla... was nothing traditional. A soldier at heart, she approached their learning relationship as something martial. With blunt frankness and forcing him to push past his comfort zones. It wasn't easy... at all. Master Noble on the other hand had always seemed more like the traditional Jedi Master.

"Not much to say about me though." Finally breaking out of his thoughts as she suggested him to talk about himself. "I grew up in the Outer Rim... was taught by one of the Jedi Masters at the Jedi Academy Network."

Even just thinking about his name hurt, much less to say it.

"The Maw... well, they captured me on Byss. Gave me this to remember them by." Gesturing softly to his face. "Master Ridor saved me... and I have been trying to pay her back ever since. And you? Have you been here long?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom