Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CFPD-0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
1420751000091.jpg

Compact Force Protection Device V 0.5
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: Just want to make non-force users lifes a little easier.
Image Source: http://tribes.wikia.com/wiki/Spinfusor_Disc
Canon Link: none.
Restricted Missions: none.
Primary Source: none.

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Bramhall labs
Model: CFPD-0.5
Affiliation: Outer Rim, Ascension, closed-market
Modularity: no
Production: Minor
Material: the main gravitational core, compact battery, compact gravitational sensors
SPECIAL FEATURES

DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURE:
CFPD-0.5 creates a little gravitational field that temporary protects the user from the outside forces like magnetic field and the various Force powers based around telekinesis.[SIZE=11pt] The main core of the CFPD creates a field around the user that [/SIZE]redirects outside forces evenly in all directions.

Strengths:
Almost completely protects the user from the telekinetic Force powers and magnets when activated.

Weaknesses :
The disk will be broken after one use.

DESCRIPTION
A small light disk. Its gravitational core made out of heavily modified compact repulsorlift that creates small gravity pool around the user after its activation. Compact gravitational sensors activate the core if they sense any anomalies in gravity around the user like, for example, when the user is grabbed with telekinesis. [SIZE=11pt]The main core of the CFPD works on a principle similar to the repulsorlift-it creates a field around the user that doesn't create another pushing force, but rather takes outside forces similar to the attraction force(like magnetism and the Force) and redirects them in all the directions evenly around the user.[/SIZE]The only problem with this device-after the use of the disk its circuits are completely melted because of the high voltage. Because of that each CFPD is one-use thing.
If the user wants to surprise his force-wielding opponent or don't waste all the disks he has after one attack he can manually deactivate the sensors with a little switch.

[member="Delila Castillon"]

Cortisis… You mean cortosis, yes? Just making sure that I understand you correctly.

And what about how it helps against telekinesis… Well, I didn’t think through all the details, but lets think about it now and add a little description to this thing if you will be fine with it, ok?

since this disk isn’t some sort of magical artifact, lets look on the Force through scientific perspective. It is a force that flows through anything and that everyone has. We don’t have anything like that in real life, so the closest thing we have is the attraction force. In star wars universe we have a devise that helps to defy the attraction force-repulsorlifts. As far as I know their primary function is to counter the gravity, to push the object to the opposite direction. We don’t have such things in real life, so we can only assume how they work. Since they need gravitational field around them(they don’t work in space), I assume they do not create another pushing force, they rather redirect the attraction force of the planet itself. The main core of the CFPD works on similar principle-it creates a field around the user that takes forces similar to the attraction force(like magnetism and the Force) and redirects it in all the directions evenly around the user.

[member="Sadal Vas"]

Cortosis, my bad >.< but yes.

Of course sense we don't have the Force or such things a bit of handwaving is needed. Your explanation is good, so I would add in the last what...2-3 sentences of your above post into the description and then I think we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom