Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Celiana's Combat Trident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-s8oG-YkpsyA/Vz4kdURj6cI/AAAAAAAACJ8/8dcgw303iz4HSX9DOexG6l-QNKL4eoaowCLcB/s1600/H3257-L93799101.jpg
Intent: To create a combat weapon to replace some of Celiana's current gear
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/96325-returning-home-and-radical-experiments-pm-to-join-unless-tagged/Posts 11-20
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/94499-lets-hope-they-dont-recognize-me-phrik-mining-on-arkania/(Mining thread)
Manufacturer: Celiana
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Celiana
Modularity: Yes different blade tips can be exchanged and different blades mounted for the trident
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Phrik blades Lathed Phrik Shaft and machined Phrik control cluster. Echani Oak wood for the the fittings of the inner shaft.
Classification: Trident and Bladed Staff
Size: One-handed, Two-handed, can be used as a thrown weapon but to effectively use it two hands are needed
Length: 1.8 meters extended. 1.2 meters un-extended
Weight: 1.8 kg.
Special Features: Can be used as a climbing hook each individual prong of the trident can be triggered seperately or all at once. Lightsaber resistant and can be used against saber wielder if no other weapon is nearby. Controls along the shaft can be triggered to extend the shaft out to its full 1.8 meters as well as for the blade release mechanism.
Strengths: This weapon can be used in combat against saber wielders as well as being used for spear-fishing or as a training weapon.
Weaknesses: While the weapon itself is resistant to sabers and can fight against them it is not hardened agaisnt force use. The phrik control cluster and the weapon itself could be crushed with the use of The Force.
Description: Celiana after having mined for Phrik ore decided it was time to update some of her gear for use against saber wielding foes. She decided upon a combat trident made of phrik ore and set about doing the metalwork along with machining and lathework needed for such a weapon. When she was finished she'd crafted a combat trident that had an extendable shaft along with the ability to trigger the blades all at once or individually that could also serve as a climbing aide with the blades in their naturally inverted position. Along with this feature the blades could also be flipped out and away from her as a combat trident.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Celiana"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

The development thread listed is one of forging the weapon, not of mining the Phrik. Looking through your dev threads I am assuming that you are reusing this thread as the mining operation? If so, that's fine, but please link that as well above, and understand that you won't be able to use that thread a third time in the future.

Ok Just edited in the mining thread too. Crap I was gonna see if I could maybe get a third item out of that one thread...Oh well so if I just wrote the forging process again in the future for dev would that work? I mean I mined A LOT of that crap. Can I just use what I mined in the future and do the dev that way? Just trying to cover my bases. Also can I continue to use the experiment thread for metalworking and such?

[member="Celiana"]

The thread was 34 posts long between two writers. We don't generally allow people to reuse threads more than twice unless it's a substantial number of posts. The quantity mined doesn't equal the number of posts written because we can't quantify that in the factory in any way that it is manageable without being incredibly subjective. A set number of posts is the only real fair way to handle these sort of things. It's just not really possible, otherwise everyone would just write 10 post threads and say they mined 500 tons of the material (which is in fact, a rare resource to begin with.)

As for your other question regarding the forging process, the problem is that using the restricted material requires a development thread which completes an objective pertaining to that material. In this case, where it's Phrik, it wouldn't work mainly because you have to mine it or steal it.

Celiana said:
Also can I continue to use the experiment thread for metalworking and such?
  • I'm not sure what you mean by this? If you mean can you continue to post in that thread, and in the future use that same thread (with the additional posts that had previously been unused) as development, then yes, you can do that.
If you have any more questions feel free to post them up in the Factory :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom