Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Celiana's Beskar'gam Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://imgur.com/a/HZfHB(Armor)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f3/0e/25/f30e257e837e18ab9a975b3d8b113c61.jpg(Helmet)
Intent: To create a sturdy yet flexible set of armor for Celiana
Development Thread: Beskar'gam Forging
Manufacturer: Celiana Drayven
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Celiana
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Beskar, Armor-weave, Glasteel
Classification: Multi-roll
Weight: 14 kg
Quality: Class 8
Special Features: Saber resistant, Blaster resistant, Flame-retardant

Helm Components:
  • HUD (Heads Up Display)
  • Encrypted Internal Comms
  • Motion Sensors
  • Oxygen Filtration System
Armor Components
Right Gauntlet Components
Left Gauntlet Components
  • Mandalorian Hidden Blade
  • Forearm Data-pad
Saber Resistant, Blaster resistant
Strengths: Saber Resistant, Blaster Resistant
Weaknesses: The section of the neck between the helmet collarbone isn't armored and allows for a Jango Fett decapitation moment and the underarms are vulnerable to blades, blasters, and the like.

Description: People fear the Mandalorians and their trademark armor is a large part of why. Celiana has been shot at multiple times, stabbed a few others and decided since she is part of the Mandalorian Empire to get armor made for herself to keep her among the ranks of the living. She sought help with this from [member="Isley Verd"], [member="Tempist"], and [member="Saera Willamina Savan"] to help her forge her armor.

The plates of her armor are a dull grey painted over in patterns with an aquatic blue the bodysuit under the armor is made of flame-retardant Armor-weave as even when not in full armor she'd still have a modicum of protection. Her armor has hooks to secure various types of combat harnesses of tactical gear. Her helm however she painted an ebony black with the trimmings around her helmet were a dull gold etched with vine-work inlaid in a silver paint to pay tribute to her roots as an Echani. The distinctive T-visor is a glowing hellish mix of Maroon and Blood-Red that houses the a basic HUD system and motion sensors along with encrypted internal comms and an oxygen filtration system. The wrist gauntlets of her armor both contain hidden blades as she likes to be close when dealing with people the left gauntlet contains a data-pad mounted along her forearm. The left gauntlet contains a line launcher.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Celiana said:
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.ne...g/#entry1330412
As per this announcement, the link should be the thread title. For your thread, the coding would look like this:

Celiana said:
Weight: 8 kg

Looks a little light to me for a full suit of beskar. The armor template points out that a full suit of Mandalorian iron weighs around 25 kg for reference. Judging from the pictures, this appears to be less covering than many mandalorian suits, so I'd estimate somewhere around 16 kg give or take a few kilograms.

Celiana said:
Weaknesses: While the Armor is both saber and blaster resistant Celiana is reluctant to wear her helmet everywhere and blasters, sabers, and various other hazards can still kill you dead id shot in the head
While this may be true, this probably won't be applicable all the time, especially on the battlefield. Because of how circumstantial this is, I wouldn't really consider this to be weakness (unless they will never ever use their helmet irregardless of the situation).

I'd recommend using either heavy weight (leading to fatigue, etc) or mention specific areas of the body which are not covered by the plates. Based on the picture, I would say that the middle of the arms and much of the legs aren't protected by the mandalorian iron plating.

Edited the weight, Dev thread, and strengths and weaknesses. The plates are a lighter alloy mix of Mandalorian iron and durasteel so that should work for the weight I hope. But it should be good to go now. Thanks for the pointers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom