Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Causstik Rahn's Cybernetic Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source:
6c3f385aae65c65a6a75bfd29a4516ab.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/433612270345947045/

Intent: To give Causstik a lethal lazier eyeball

Development Thread: If necessary

Manufacturer: Causstik Rahn

Model: FU-A11 3Y3

Affiliation: Open market

Modularity: No

Production: Unique

Material: Durasteel, blaster components

Classification: Blaster, Cybernetic

Size: Golf ball

Length: 19mm

Weight: 1 oz

Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Gas Canister

Ammunition Capacity: 10 shots

Effective Range: 7 meters

Rate of Fire: Semi automatic

Special Features: Allows for sight in thermal, night vision, infared and normal. Also acts as hold out blaster

Strengths: Small pistol easily hidden. Allows for multitude of sight

Weaknesses: Limited capacity of shots. Short range

Description: When Causstik Rahn lost his eye he quickly went about making a new one. It acts as a secret holdout blaster to use against unsuspecting victims or for when he finds himself in a pinch. It has a short range and thus the target would have to be close. The limited ammo capacity means Causstik must conserve his shots. He can easily smuggle into buildings passing it off as a mere cybernetic. Causstik could use this in a variety of situations, including but not limited too, assasinations, close quarters combat, and poker matches. The blaster also would double as an eye allowing Causstik see in a multitude of different sights.

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />
-----<br />
Star Wars Canon:<br />
Pending initial review<br />
------<br />
Starwars Chaos:<br />
------<br />
WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />
------<br />
WITH DEV THREADS<br />
Pending Initial review<br />
------<br />
SUGGESTIONS<br />
Pending Inital review</p>

Hi [member="Causstik Rahn"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

I have quite a few concerns regarding this submission for a variety of reasons, most relating back to feasibility and reasonable expectation. See below.
  • Blasters require a power pack and/or gas canister to create the energized particles fired from the weapon. Neither of these two things have ever, to my knowledge, been canonically created to be remotely small enough to power a blaster the size of a golf ball in a person's eye socket.
  • A weapon has internal parts, recoil, heat, and a plethora of other fundamentally challenging features that I do not believe could be made possible to fit into a cybernetic as small as a human eye, let alone safe to use in such a way.
  • Furthermore, as difficult as it is for me to come to terms with an eye being used as a blaster, I have even more difficulty in believing that it could also house the technology for additional vision modes, even standard vision.
  • This is dangerously close to X-Men's Cyclops character who has the ability to fire laser beams from his eyes and is bordering on violation of Rule 7 of the Factory and Codex.
Because I do not see of any possible way to work this submission into the realm of possibility, I am going to deny it. I cannot conceive of a way to make this functionally acceptable in a way that will both work as intended and not be in conflict with rule 7.

7. All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars.
You may, if you wish, request a second chance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom