Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caught in the Crossfire

karakter.jpg

In a strange sense of continuity, and something Amata was completely unaware of, it would seem that the Santii clan had returned to Belgaroth. The scrapheap of a planet was firmly in the control of the One Sith Empire. Little she did she know it was her father who had led the Sith fleet here, and conquered it. Retracing the steps of her father, however, was not what had brought her to Belgaroth. As always, it was ambition that drove her. Wealth, glory, and the means to elevate herself over all others.

To think she would find any of that on Belgaroth seemed foolish. Though the planet was situated well within the Core Worlds, most of the planet consisted of rocky, rugged and inhospitable mountains. The bodies of water that passed for oceans were a pair of large seas of a murky mustard-brown colour, a result of the heavy mineral sediment. The world had one city, Belgar, and several large scrapyards. The planet was also the home to the dreaded droidbreaker, formerly know as the swamphulk.

In order to gain the means to facilitate her ascendancy to power, the young adult had taken on a number of mercenary jobs. As it would turn out, she was quite good at them. Today she was hunting. There was a man who had managed to gather some following, and used his charisma and hired goons to harass and bully the part of the population who were unfortunate enough to reside in his district. He was decidedly criminal, but the government had chosen to overlook his actions. He did not harm commerce for the Sith or the shipbuilding industry. More importantly, he knew to bribe the right people to look the other way.

Despite making himself a petty king among thieves, the man named Towan Klakk had made one mistake that would prove fatal. He had overestimated his influence, thinking himself untouchable. If the One Sith would not step in, then who would? He had forgotten one important thing: never piss of the rich and entitled. They had the resources to see you dead, even if they were too weak to do the deed themselves. Those resources had currently been put into Amata, who now tracked down the man and his merry band of brigands. All she needed was a confirmed kill or capture of Towan, however.

She had good reason to believe she would find him out here, in one of the planet's many scrapyards. And so the young hunter stalked it like her hunting grounds. Despite being in Sith territory, Belgaroth appeared like a forgotten world, left to its own devices and exploited for its resources. As such, she was less concerned with seeming inconspicuous. Her outfit was an ensemble of leather and textile of a light brown fabric. Though it might offer her some measure of protection, against blasters it would be useless. Proudly, she wore the fur headdress that in some ways resembled the horned montrals and lekku of the Togruta. This was more about heritage than protection. Besides, it offered her the speed and flexibility she wanted.

Amata's olive skin was painted in red and white. A thick, red line went horizontally across her face and over her eyes. A thinner red line was drawn from her lower lips to the bottom of her chin. White, pearl-like circles were drawn in a dotted line, across the edges of her hairline on her forehead, as well as framing her cheeks in a curve. On her cheeks, there were two dotted lines running parallell to one another, on both sides. Her long, blonde hair was neatly braided together on the left side of her head, while the rest rested over her other shoulder and down her front.

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Briar Thorn

Life is a game, so why not enjoy yourself?
[member="Amata Santii"]

Belgaroth, the planet of industrial waste, was were Briar had found himself recently. He had gotten onto a ship and was working for his transport. He had heard they were going to Coruscant and was thinking that was were he would end up. Little did he know that the captain had lied and instead left him now stranded on Belgaroth after he had fixed a good chunk of the man's ship for him along the way. He was finding there to be more dishonest people than he first thought out there in the galaxy. Maybe it was just his luck though and people were not normally like that? Yeah, he was just running into all the bad ones and most of the people were actually nice.

Briar found himself going through one of the many junkyards on the planet looking for usable parts to try to sell. He had found he enjoyed the activity and was really learning a lot about what was still worth something. It kind of reminded him of what he had to do back home on Lothal to fix people's droids and equipment for them. He just kept rummaging around and watching the droidbreakers as they grazed. He found them fascinating and wondered how friendly they were. He knew better than to get close to an unfamiliar beast though, and instead found himself watching them more than looking through the scraps. He wondered if they would be able to help him out.

Klakk was a powerful man. Power, especially the kind Klakk surrounded himself with, often had you create just about as many enemies as friends. Knowing this, he appeared smart enough to never do anything without proper security surrounding him. What his business was here, or even where exactly he was and how long he'd stay, were all things Amata wished she knew, but didn't.

The place was no fortress, but there were people stationed here and there, making it hard for Amata to get a line of sight in. Some just wandered the premises, feigning casual strolls while in reality checking out for signs of danger. Others blocked off key entry-points to Klakk.

Though this was no jungle, Amata managed to get in touch with her inner hunter. She had reached a point where she thought she would have to fight, but the man turned and walked off to answer nature's call. Luck. She had made her way down the slope unseen, and now she was slowly progressing into the vast scrapyard.

Turning around a corner, she came upon a lone figure. One of Klakk's men, pretending to be some scavenger, no doubt. Amata was convinced that there was no one in this area now who were not on Klakk's payroll. And with that in mind, she crouched and started towards [member="Briar Thorn"], trying to move silently. Slowly, she drew her blade

Briar Thorn

[member="Amata Santii"]

The droidbreakers had gotten Briar's full attention by this point. They were nothing like the nerf he had seen back on Lothal or bantha he had seen on some other planets he had visited looking for parts at. These beasts actually ate the scrap metal, not grass or grain but metal. They were such strange creatures to him and he just had to figure them out. He wondered if they would eat out of his hand or if they would attack him. He watched them for a bit and figured out what kind of scrap they were after. He went rummaging through the pile nearest him and found one that was just like the ones they seemed to like.

Briar put it into his satchel and went to hunt down another piece like it. He didn't have anything on him other than a vibro-knife that was clearly more for utility rather than for combat. He didn't even look like a fighter, because he wasn't one. He was completely oblivious about the deadly woman sneaking up on him right now. He was just focused on seeing if he could get those fascinating creatures to walk up to him. He was completely defenseless.

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Amata kept sneaking up on her prey. If he was a guard on Klakk's payroll, he was a rather lazy one. Perhaps a new recruit. Credits could buy you others' time, but not their loyalty. For all she knew, he just showed up where he was told, but cared little more for any active duty. It was all the same to Amata though. He was an obstacle to be removed. But considering he was offering her his back so freely, it would be a shame to not take advantage of the situation. Who knew what information he held? Perhaps he could lead her straight to the big boss man himself.

The terrain was nothing like what she was used to. Still, she tried to move as silently as she could. If he did not catch on to the hunter's approach, it would soon be to late. Her next move would be to spring up and grab him from behind. Her body positioned close to his back, while a free arm would reach around to attempt to hold him in place. Amata's swordarm would wrap itself around and point towards his throat. Hopefully she could manage to get him locked up before he made any sudden moves and escaped. In the event that it all worked out according to plan, she would comment "As far as sentries goes, you're a pretty awful one" she had him now, she thought

Briar Thorn

[member="Amata Santii"]

AH HA! Briar had found another piece of strap just like the one from before to try to feed those droidbreakers with. He wanted to try to tame one enough to pet it if he could get the chance. He always loved animals and finding such interesting ones on this weird planet that was just a giant scrap yard was a real treasure. He was completely unaware to his surroundings as he got the scrap out of the pile and into his satchel. As he put it into his bag, he suddenly felt someone grab him and put a sharp edge up to his neck. He wasn't sure what had happened, but he could tell from the way she had him in completely subdued state and the tone of her voice as she spoke that she was not friendly. This was a first for him since he had left Lothal. It was a first for him even when he had been back home.

Briar said in a tone of slight panic, " If, if ya are after me credits I don't got much. I'm kinda broke...." He thought over what she said as he spoke and noticed a certain word she mentioned. He added after a moment, " Did ya say sentries? What do ya mean by that? I'm just out here lookin' for parts I can salvage.Check me satchel and ya will find me tools, scrap, and me utility vibro-knife. Also me credits which ya can have, just please leave me tools if ya would. They be me livelihood." He hoped the person would believe him because he was telling the truth. Those were all he had in his satchel.

[member="Briar Thorn"]

She had successfully grabbed her target. Still, something was wrong. The reaction she got was not the one she expected. There was no struggle, no curses thrown or assurances of retaliation. 'Don't you know who I work for?!', and the like. But nope. Nada. Instead he was treating her like a robber, as if she was the aggressor here... Well in fairness she was, but still.

Amata would turn him around to face her, then push him back into the wall of scrap metal behind him. Her vibroblade was outstretched and pointed towards his throat. It was in part to discourage any sudden moves, but also in part to issue a sort of challenge - if he was of the sort to take her up on those. Since he offered, and wasn't really in a position to negotiate, she took him up on what he suggested: quickly she reached for his satchel.

Amata would take a few steps back, examining it with quick looks. After all, she didn't want to give him too much of an opening to counter attack. This slowed her down considerably, but better safe than dead. From what she could tell though, he was telling the truth. As far as sentries went, he was indeed a rather poor one. "Where are your weapons?" she asked sceptically, not quite buying his story yet.

She tossed the satchel, letting it drop right in-between the two of them. She had no interest in any of its contents, nor the credits. Right, kark... He had mentioned credits. In hindsight, she regretted tossing it away, but now it was too late. There was something about his story that prevented her from fully accept what he was saying as the truth. Sure, he could very well be a salvager, but she found it hard to believe he had no idea what was going on in the area. Was he not from around here?

"Where's Klakk?" she demanded at sword-point. No point beating around the bush. He knew something, and she was determined to learn exactly what.

Briar Thorn

[member="Amata Santii"]

Why did all of this have to happen? Why couldn't this day just go how every other day of salvaging usually went? Briar just wanted to find a few parts to make a minor profit and maybe feed one of those droidbreakers. That was all he wanted but here he was being manhandled and threatened by a woman. How was his luck so bad today? He did not know, and he wished he did so he could avoid it next time. That didn't help him right now though, so he would have to figure something out.

Briar was suddenly turned around to face the woman and watched as she took his satchel from him. He was being held up by this woman, but couldn't help noticing she was kind of pretty....very pretty actually. He kind of hated himself for paying attention to that when she was holding him up and robbing him right now. He listened very closely when she spoke to him. She hadn't taken any of his stuff, which confused him a bit. He slowly with both of his hands visible picked his satchel back up off the ground. She talked about weapons and someone named Klakk. He had no idea what she was going on about right now. Why would he have a weapon on him? And who was this Klakk person? Why did she care about either of these things?

Briar thought of how to respond for a moment before he said, " I have no weapons, just me tools and me utility knife. But ya saw both of them in me satchel. I don't know who this 'Klakk' person is, and I really wish I could tell ya and ya could leave me be. I just got to this planet and came to salvage. I was hopin' to feed one of them beasts over there actually. I be tellin' ya the truth I swear." He was telling her the truth right now. In fact one of the droidbreakers seemed to notice the piece of scrap he had gotten to try to feed one of them with hanging partly out of his satchel. It walked over to them cautiously and slowly leaned its head over to take the snack. It began to eat on it as Briar was still being held up by this mystery, pretty woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom