Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Cathedral-class Battleship

Status
Not open for further replies.
swdwis1.jpg

Image Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cathedral_ship
Affiliation: The Primeval
Manufacturer: Pius Dea (original manufacturer) ; The Primeval (restorations)
Model: Cathedral-class
Modularity: Limited.
Production: Limited production
Material: Durasteel (hull), Titanium-plated Alusteel (Armour), Transparisteel (Viewports)
Classification: Assault Cruiser

Length: 620m
Width: 640m
Height: 660m

Armament: 322 Capital ; 20 Warhead ; 26 Defense
  • x2 Fore Dual Heavy Long-range Turbolaser Cannons
  • x2 Fore Heavy Warhead Launchers
  • x30 Port Turbolaser Cannon Batteries
  • x30 Starboard Turbolaser Cannon Batteries
  • x8 Heavy Port Mass-driver Cannons (fixed arc)
  • x8 Heavy Starboard Mass-driver Cannons (fixed arc)
  • x10 Ventral Turbolaser Cannons
  • x12 Ventral Warhead Launchers
  • x10 Port Flak Cannons
  • x10 Starboard Flak Cannons
  • x6 Ventral Point-defense Cannons

Hangar:
  • x1 Starfighter Squadron
  • x1 Bomber -or- Dropship -or- Gunship Squadron
  • x1 Dropship -or- Gunship Squadron

Special Features:
  • Heavy Redundant Shield Generator
  • Standard Targeting Computers
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Advanced Encryption Network
  • Standard Navigation Computers
  • Standard Sensory Array
  • Standard Life-support Systems
  • Dark-Net & HoloNet Transceiver
  • Escape Pods
  • Can Enter Atmosphere & Land
  • Shipboard Temple

Maneuverability Rating: 18
Speed Rating: 16
Hyperdrive Class: 1.5 (main) | 10 (backup)

Strengths:
Very Durable: With its heavy shields and thick armour, the Cathedral-class can take a tremendous beating and still fly.
Heavily Armed: For a ship of its size, the Cathedral-class boasts a heavier armament than most cruisers which is why it's been dubbed a 'battleship.'
Invasion Force: The Cathedral-class can carry an entire division of troops and dozens of assault vehicles to be deployed planetside.

Weaknesses:
Very Slow: It's not a quick ship, making the Cathedral-class outmaneuvered by most ships in its class.
Inefficient: Due to the amount of soldiers on board, the Cathedral-class cannot travel far from supply lines for very long.
Surface Area: The starship is taller and wider than it is long, providing the enemy more surface area to target in battle.

Description: Original designs are owed to the Pius Dea, a zealous cult which once ruled the Old Republic several thousand years ago, the Cathedral ships were the pinnacle of their power. Essentially mobile fortresses, these warships were able to occupy enemy worlds and govern frontier space with relative ease due to their fearsome and mobile nature. Because they're warships, the Cathedral ships also provided strategic value in policing the frontier against piracy, insurgency, and enemies of the Republic.

Although the majority of such ships were destroyed when Pius Dea rule ended, a rogue sect established a secret haven on Ord Janon and brought a handful of these vessels with them. In limited number, the Cathedral ships were restored and upgraded by The Primeval Fleet and designated as Cathedral-class Battleships. Despite being called battleships, the Cathedral-class is more appropriately distinguished as a cruiser due to its size being under 1,000km but above 500m. Even still, the Cathedral-class boasts many of the fearsome traits that made the Pius Dea's Cathedral ships an unrivaled vessel in the Old Republic.

Spearheading invasion forces, the Cathedral-class is complimented by dozens of vehicles and can carry up to an entire division of troops to be deployed in battles but it must land to deploy the bulk of its forces. Having a few of these in one fleet is enough to invade and occupy an enemy world with relative ease. As well the ventral weapons make orbital bombardment more precise and able than with traditional weapon placements.

Min. Crew: 320
Opt. Crew: 1,080
Passengers: 10,000
Cargo Capacity: 32,000 metric tons
Consumables: 1.8 months

Development Thread: Dominion of Ord Janon
Intent: To bring a canonical warship back into action and provide The Primeval with a proper invasion ship.
Who Can Use This: The Primeval
Primary Source:[SIZE=12.222222328186px] N/A[/SIZE]

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

This looks like a really solid submission to me. I also enjoy seeing something canonical like this being brought back to life for a modern age, and it has a solid development thread to back it up.

The one thing I'm unsure about is troop capacity. It looks pretty equivalent to me as a Acclamator in terms of role and carrying capacity, but the Cathedral is far more heavily armed than it. I'm going to defer this part of the commentary to [member="Draco Vereen"], as I'm not sure how far a development thread would go for that in my limited FJ experience.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I'll gladly await the verdict from [member="Draco Vereen"] but i'd like to just add some details on that, for my explanation ahead of time.

I don't think it's an unreasonable estimate because the Cathedral-class has a much larger volume than the Acclamator.

The Cathedral-class's volume is 261,888,000m3 whereas the Acclamator's is 63,303,360m3

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
Well, its a pocket Destroyer, much like the Maladi, but given a fairly large army transport role.

Limited Production, Roughly a Light Star Destroyer in terms of weaponry. 100 Posts of Development tied to it.

Anja Aj'Rou said:
Armament: 312 Capital ; 20 Warhead ; 26 Defense
x2 Fore Dual Heavy Long-range Turbolaser Cannons 40
x30 Port Turbolaser Cannon Batteries 120
x30 Starboard Turbolaser Cannon Batteries 120
x8 Heavy Port Mass-driver Cannons (fixed arc) 16
x8 Heavy Starboard Mass-driver Cannons (fixed arc) 16
x10 Ventral Turbolaser Cannons 10
x2 Fore Heavy Warhead Launchers 8 Warheads
x12 Ventral Warhead Launchers 12 Warheads
x10 Port Flak Cannons
x10 Starboard Flak Cannons
x6 Ventral Point-defense Cannons
Your math is just a touch off, You seem to be 10 Guns more than your listed number, (322) Heavy Warheads were X4 under the 2.0 Guide making those (20).

Given the development into it and its production, not a problem, I just want the math to add up properly since you did it. Still within the Bounds of a Pocket Light Star Destroyer. The low speed/maneuverability, set fire arcs, and almost complete lack of Aft Facing weaponry, I don't see a problem giving it my stamp there.

The size of the Invasion Force gives me pause, but its limited Hangar supply means that the ship has to physically land to deploy its force.

So, what I am going to ask for is
  1. Could you fix your weapon numbers. (322, 20, 26)
  2. Could you add in something about it having to land to deploy the bulk of its forces
  3. Could you drop the passengers to 10,000. (Reason: Its significantly larger than an acclamator [about 4X] and has less hangar, but it also has about 6X the weaponry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom