Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casting for Answers

yzjg0tu.jpg
Varian Alaric "Corvus"
Mercenary | Gun for Hire | Bounty Hunter

Interacting With: [member="Marriskcal Lati"]
__________ __________ __________ __________ __________

Large signs with aurebesh lettering reflected soft orange light onto the boulevard they were situated above of, casting the street in a limelight of orange and yellows alongside the whites of bulbs and other artificial lights. Below the large marketplace signs, men and women of all races, creeds, and sexes milled about looking for things to buy to suit their fancy. From exotic foods such as Mon Calamari squid to Dathomir dream catchers to various miscellaneous other objects all of different makes and designs from all across the Galaxy which now found their home at the trade capital of the Galaxy, Courscant. One could find almost anything their heart so desired in this place, at least, almost always they could though that was never a definite for anyone or any-person.

Varian found himself at a market stall, his blue eyes looking over the trinkets which were neatly arranged atop of the metal table of the street market stand. The metal helmet hid his features from any who dared to look upon him, though despite such a thing, his curiosity and interest was easily apparent even with the protective shield of the metal mask that he wore to hide himself from all. On the table lied an assortment of daggers, all of which were made out of unique materials. One in particular was of interest to Corvus, it's blade was made of a turquoise crystal that was sharpened to a point yet still had the rough grafts and crafts of freshly cut crystal that was hewn from rock. It was stored in a glass container with a key-hole, signifying it's own importance and value alone by being protected by such a case. Alaric figured the container was made of some hardy metal that he knew not, simply glass alone could nor house such an intriguing and valuable commodity. The turquoise crystal seemed to glow, swirls of blues and blue-greens jumping out under the surface of the blade, giving it an ethereal glow as if such a dagger, such a tool, was not of this world.

"Sir, I see that you are taking a liking to this dagger here. Would you like to hold it? Buy it?"

Marriskcal Lati
Interacting with: [member="Varian Alaric"] (as Corvus)

lpRayG4.png

Marriskcal Lati of House Du Couteau was a little like an inquisitive kitty, whose curiousity and verve for adventure meant that she had the tendency to meander and poke her nose into every nook and cranny that seemed the least bit interesting. On some days, her wanderings took her along the posh boulevards of Level 5127, where she went in search of rare and exotic desserts. On other days, her wanderings took her down down to its corrupt underbelly, where she felt at home amongst its shadows and the discarded.

Today?

Today she descended on one of the middling levels, whose numbers were already dismissed and forgotten the moment she stepped out of the repulsorlift and out into a busy marketplace. Even as she joined the sea of people that were enjoying the day, unbeknownst to the young lady that was wearing a dress befitting a highborn lady, she stood out with her pale blue silk dress with delicate lace and tulle and a bejewelled choker. With the ease of one that was becoming accustomed to catching the attentive gaze of many, Marriskcal disregarded the many eyes that lingered on her person.

Instead, her own focus was all the trinkets and curios that were on display, little bits and bobs she once liked to collect. Other than the eyes that once belonged to Hannah, she had abandoned the rest of her collection when she had decided to leave at the side of her brother on that fateful day. While a small part of her was a little wistful for her former mementos, she was beginning to amass a new collection of trinkets. And just when she was about to step away from this row of stalls and move on to the next set, her keen eyes spotted a familiar armoured form.

With a faint frown in place, Marriskcal made her way towards where he standing, deliberating over an impractical – but pretty – blade. As she listened in on the one-sided conversation, her annoyance swirled, shifting into something serpentine when a thread of guile tinted her presence. With a faux cheerful smile in place, the blonde stepped up to Corvus’ side, addressing the merchant, “He will be buying it for me.” Tilting her head sideways to look at the faceplate, her smile turned slightly sharp. “Please, Corvus?

Varian Alaric "Corvus"

Varian's eyes looked over the crystal dagger enticingly, it was a curious instrument, not a weapon of any sort. The man knew not why he wanted to buy such a useless thing, though it seemed to call to him for unknown reasons. Perhaps it was the elegantly engraved black metal hilt, or the faintly glowing crystal blade which seemed to spark off black dust of the cosmos and galaxies, appearing to act as a nebula in physicality with the intricate glowing that painted pictures of unknown things. The crystal looked to be from some far-away place that Alaric knew not, some place that he wanted to visit one day...as he did with everywhere in the Galaxy.

"I would like to buy this dagger, yes please..." Varian began calmly.

As he talked, a shiver ran up the man's spine as though somebody was staring at him. He brushed it off as paranoia and anxiety, things which had begun to creep up more within recent months much to the man's own dismay and self-hatred. He wished that he never felt anxious, that he never felt like someone was trying to hunt him down...yet whatever he wished for and hoped, it never came to pass. Alaric had, at one time, believed in fairy-tales and happy endings. Now, however, he knew better. The only 'happy ending' was no happy ending, it was an eloquent snake meant to bring hope in people's lives. He had been happy with Varas, and then she had stabbed him in the heart. He had given everything for her, she had been his Queen...and his queen betrayed him and left him alone. Alone. All Alone.

So much for happy endings.

"..What the hell?" Alaric flinched when he had heard the voice of Marriskcal Lati, a woman whom he had once cherished as a sister. Quickly collecting himself from the sudden surprise, Varian straightened his back and spoke to the stall clerk. "Fine, fine, I'll buy it for you. Next time don't creep up on me," the young man said with a short chuckle, trying to lighten his own mood.

Marriskcal Lati,
House Du Couteau

lpRayG4.png

Her vivid blue eyes gleamed in amused satisfaction at being able to elicit such a reaction from the armoured male. It was a small retribution for all the times he followed her around, appearing when he was unwanted.

Because Marriskcal Lati was the sword and shield.

And she did not need the protection of others.

While their relationship was still not the best, especially with the prideful creature that she was being prickly and easily annoyed, the blonde has more or less found herself becoming faintly familiar by Corvus’ presence by her side whenever she wandered around the ecumenopolis. Though she still played a game of push and pull when it came to the other, and sometimes found herself countering every word he tried to reason with her, Marriskcal found herself in a tentative friendship with him.

Though she still picked on him more often than not.

Then you should be more aware of your surroundings, Corvus. I did not even try very hard~” she countered with a joyful little grin, always pleased to get the better of the armoured male. “And thank you for the gift, it will look lovely near my collection of jewels and crystals.” Ever a collector of curios and trinkets, the young woman plucked her newest acquisition from its box, flicking the jewelled dagger in a hand in a familiar motion to test its heft.

Hm, its balance is unexpectedly exceptional for a blade made from crystal,” she commented, blinking in surprise down at the dagger. “I wonder if it is a dagger made for religious sacrificial purposes?” Not that it mattered to Marriskcal, since she only coveted it due to how unique and pretty it was.

Either way, that was not the true purpose she had ambushed her unfortunate victim of circumstances. “Do you have time? I was thinking of doing a little shopping and snack-food tasting.

After all, if she could not evade her proclaimed protector, she may as well drag him along and put him to good use.

That is, to eat everything that did not suit her taste.

Varian Alaric "Corvus"

I hate it when she does that...but I miss it.

Despite the initial shock from Marriskcal creeping up on his person, Varian was able to quickly recover. He disliked when she did that, creeping up on him and ambushing him, and yet it reminded him of the good old days. He remembered that at times she would sneak up at him and either grab his arm to drag him around, or to train with him by ambushing him. Such memories brought joy to the soul of the former Knight of Ren. He missed those times, those days, those fleeting moments. It had been such a small thing, and yet it made him feel as though people actually cared about him, and wanted him to be around. It made him feel as though people wanted him, and liked him...something that was no longer in his life now. It was something that he wanted back in his life, something that he truly wanted to return to his life. Yet, he knew the journey would be hard-fought, especially the one where he would confront Marr about who he truly was...

...all of the lies and betrayal had been to protect her from himself and his own faults. And, in part, because he was scared and afraid as he always was. He didn't have his hard exterior to hide behind now, all he had now, was his true self. No masks, just him...just him.

Then you should be more aware of your surroundings, Corvus. I did not even try very hard~ And thank you for the gift, it will look lovely near my collection of jewels and crystals.

Alaric couldn't help but roll his eyes at Marr's comment, smiling under the metal of his helmet. He missed her, he missed talking with her and getting into trouble with her. This, this was one of the few ways he could still interact with her. He had been nervous and afraid at first, which he still was. Yet, he found more joy now in spending time with her despite her resentment towards this Corvus.

Do you have time? I was thinking of doing a little shopping and snack-food tasting.

"Yeah, yes, yes I do have time. So, I'll take you shopping and out to eat food. You better not use up all of my credits," Varian said with a soft laugh issuing out from the voice modulator in his helmet.

Marriskcal Lati,
House Du Couteau

lpRayG4.png

The young woman merely inclined her head in a graceful movement as she took the delicately carved box from merchant, replacing the delicate dagger back on its silken lining. Closing its cover and securing its latch, Marriskcal slid the box beneath her left arm before turning back to regard the armoured form before her.

Well, you have to hope that nothing catches my fancy then,” she returned, raising a brow at the distorted laugh that came from the other.

Perhaps any other person would have placed a value on the curios and snack-food, but to the blonde, who has grown up having everything from weaponries to star destroyers assigned under her the moment she needed them, value was a concept that she was merely starting to realise. And when she had followed after Seto and was taken under his wings, her already slanted notion of value has only grown more… detrimental.

As this is my first time in this area… we shall just have to wander along the shops and see if there is anything that captures our interest.” Marriskcal has only heard of all these strange and diverse snack-food and how delicious they could be from the maids. She looked down a path and decided that it was as good as any, considering that she did not have any knowledge of what she was looking for and was only hoping that her wanderings today would prove to be rewarding.

Or do you know if there is anything delicious nearby?” she queried, even as she began to walk ahead, leaving the other to follow after her.

Varian Alaric "Corvus"

Interacting With: Marriskcal Latihttp://starwarsrp.net/user/18910-marriskcal-lati/

"Oh I can try to stop you, but I doubt it would work." Varian said with a short smile on his face. He missed Marr, he truly did. Though, he knew he would never be able to willingly bring himself to confront her as he truly was. He couldn't be Varian in front of her again, only Corvus. Only. Corvus. A fake identity that he used to hide himself away with.

Marriskcal was different than Varian had once remembered her. Perhaps it had been all of the time that had gone by with him missing that made things feel off and strange now. She was a different person now and he had missed so much, it should have been no surprise to the man that the blonde woman was far diffrent that he had once known her. He missed those times, and he missed how she used to be, naive and innocent despite her putting corpses on wooden stakes now that he thought back to it. For all that she was and had been, he knew she had a gentle heart somewhere within herself. Yet she never showed it, at least, she never showed it now. Marr had when she was younger and newer to the Galaxy, yet now, Alaric felt a cool presence from her as though she was more closed off emotionally now. Especially to him.

"I have no idea what is good around here, I don't often find myself in markets. However, I did see an interesting ice-cream parlor down the way some on the, er, right I believe." Varian answered, following after Marriskcal and keeping to her side, with a foot between them. He wanted to keep distance between the two of them, Varian still felt weary of her despite him knowing she wasn't evil nor a spy of any sort. He had his worries, of course he did, his paranoia was feeding such things. He wanted to be free of it, though he knew he would always suffer with it. In time, Alaric would be able to contain himself and emotions.

He didn't want to be hurt again like how Varas had hurt him.

Marriskcal Lati,
House Du Couteau

lpRayG4.png

And you better not forget it,” she quipped, tilting her head to grace him with an impish grin.

While there were times where Marriskcal conceded and allowed another being to deter her from the course she embarked on, those times were rare and far in between. She was an willful creature, forged of pride and tenacity that was instilled in her by her instructors. Shard by shard, they encouraged the traits that was desired in one that would one day serve as sword and shield.

The faith in her chosen path.

The resolve to sacrifice herself.

It made Marriskcal into a being that was unyielding in her beliefs and decisions.

As the young woman and armoured man made their way down street, her eyes flitted curiously from stall to stall, ever curious as to her surroundings. “A pity, truly. Markets and bazaars tends to carry a lot of hidden treasures. But I suppose considering you are never without your armour, your presence would be too conspicuous.” Who knows what one could discovered by chance, after all? A lot of the curios and trinkets she collected came from her random meanderings.

At the mere mention of dessert, her steps slowed and a gleam of interest entered her eyes. “Well~ Even if it is still early in the day, I suppose a scoop or two would not hurt,” she stated in a faux nonchalant manner, though her gaze began to flicker more towards the right.

Is it the shop coloured in pastels?

Ah, yes, it is.

But what is so interesting about it?

Marriskcal stood before the parlour, her eyes narrowing at the huge model that was at the side. She could never understand civilians and their need for selling. If their products were of quality and there were enough people favourably inclined towards it, they would naturally purchase it. Instead of these strange notions and facsimiles.

But her desire for something sweet and creamy won out, and the blonde decided to give this place a chance. With a succinct nod to herself, she stepped into the cheery parlour, giving the being behind the counter a polite smile in greeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom